Table of Contents
Is 2 Ton AC Suitable for You?
Basically, 2 Ton AC is best suited for large Living rooms or Outdoor rooms up to 210 sq. ft. If your room size is bigger than 190 sq. ft. or the temperature is beyond 47 degrees due to direct sunlight or large outdoor area, then you should opt for 2 Ton Split AC.
Before buying a 2 Ton Air Conditioner, you should be aware of important factors like Dust filters, Inverter vs Non-Inverter Technology, Dual fan Compressor and star rating. Read about all these factors in detail here.
List of Best 2 Ton AC Brands
1. Voltas Air Conditioners
- Types – It is available in 3 Variants: Window AC, Split AC, and Inverter Split AC. Read about all types of Air Conditioners in detail.
- Condenser – 2 ton Voltas AC are mostly equipped with Aluminium Condenser as these are mostly installed in large sized rooms or Outdoor areas. Voltas 2 ton Air Conditioners Condensers comes with the Parallel flow and Blue Hydrophilic fin with Copper tubes which can last longer than the normal ones and prevents corrosion.
- Features – All Voltas 2 Ton Air Conditioners come with Anti-Bacteria Filter, Anti-Dust filter, Self-diagnosis system which helps in removing invisible particles, pet hairs, bacteria and hazardous smoke. Its noise level is less than 20dB which makes it a practical noise free appliance when compared to ACs from other brands.
- Controls – It comes with a LED display panel, Auto Restart, sleep mode, Dehumidification, Auto swing and moreover the remote comes with Nightglow button for easy operation during night time.
- Where to buy– It is available at both Online and Offline stores starting from a range of Rs 45,000 only.
Best Selling Products:
Voltas AC Offers
2. Blue Star Air Conditioners
- Types– It has 3 Variants: Window AC, Split AC and Inverter Split AC.
- Condenser– Blue Star has the best in class Copper Condenser for 2 Ton split AC which comes with Anti-corrosive bluefins for corrosion protection.
- Features– It has 7 types of dust filtration process that includes an Anti-Bacterial Filter, a Silver Ion Filter, Catechin Filter, Vitamin-C, Anti acarian filter, Dust Filter and Activated carbon filter to keep the air fresh. Moreover, it is equipped with a feature known as Air Flow Directional Control which gives instant cooling in all directions.
- Controls– It comes with auto restart and memory backup features which consumes lower power and gives the perfect temperature. Other basic controls like Timer, Sleep Mode, Self-diagnosis, anti-freeze thermostat, I feel Technology and Dehumidification are also present. Moreover, the remote comes with night glow buttons which help during night time.
- Where to buy– It is available at both online and offline stores starting from a price range of Rs 43,000 only.
3. Mitsubishi Air Conditioners
- Types – It is available in 2 Variants: Split AC, Inverter Split AC.
- Condenser –2 ton Mitsubishi Inverter AC is equipped with only copper Condenser as these are mostly installed in large sized rooms & Outdoor locations. Mitsubishi 2 Ton Inverter Air Conditioner comes with a Rotary compressor which has the ability to function in both rough and harsh conditions.
- Features – All Mitsubishi 2 Ton Inverter Split Air Conditioners come with Anti-Bacteria Filter, Anti-Dust Filter, electrostatic anti-allergy enzyme filter and Nano platinum filter which helps in removing invisible particles, bacteria, and hazardous smoke.
- Controls – It comes with an LED display panel, auto restart feature, sleep mode, dehumidification and child lock. There is a 5 fan speed setting which helps keep you cool in every corner of the room.
- Where to buy– It is available at both Online and Offline stores starting from a range of Rs 42,000 only.
4. Hitachi Air Conditioners
- Types– It comes in 3 Variants: Window AC, Split AC, and Inverter Split AC.
- Condenser– This brand comes with Copper Condenser in the Top AC Brands under 2 Ton. It has an inbuilt Auto Climate Technology and Auto Humid Control that helps in setting the room temperature according to the outdoor climate and prevents from dehumidification.
- Features– It is equipped with a wide range of new features such as 4 Way Air Swing, Auto Cleaning Feature which prevents bacteria growth, hazardous smoke, dust particles and animal hairs. The 4-way air swing helps you achieve steady air flow rate in all directions.
- Controls– It has an auto humidity control which helps in keeping the room cool, is equipped with controls like Powerful Mode for high cooling, Silent Cooling Mode, Dry Mode, Soft Mode, Auto Restart, On-Off Timer and Child Lock. The controls are very easy to operate when compared to other brands ACs.
- Where to buy– Some top models are only available through Amazon and Flipkart. The AC price range starts at Rs 41,000.
Best Selling Products:
Hitachi AC Price List
5. LG Air Conditioners
- Types– It comes in 3 different variants: Window AC, Split AC, and Inverter Split AC.
- Condenser– It is equipped with copper condenser coil and has Dual Inverter comes with a Dual rotary compressor. It is also protected with a 3M Micro protection Filter which helps in preventing the size of dust particles up to 0.3 Microns.
- Features– It is protected with Anti-Bacteria and Dust Filters which helps remove the invisible dust particles, animal hair, and bacteria which are present in the air. Moreover, it has mosquito away technology that repels mosquito away.
- Controls– Other basic features like Turbo Mode, Sleep Mode, Dry Mode, Economic Mode, Child Lock, and Timer are also present. During High Temperatures, Turbo Mode is available for fast cooling.
- Where to buy– It is available at both online and offline stores starting from a price range of Rs 50,000 only.
2 Ton AC – Factors to Consider Before Buying
Dual fan Compressor
Dual Fan Compressor technology improves the performance of the compressor and keeps it cool. So, even when the temperature is hot around 57℃, you can get efficient cooling. Also, perfect cooling is ensured even when there is a low voltage drop of up to 195V.
Copper vs Aluminium Condenser
A copper condenser has a better heat exchange and higher solidness when compared with aluminium condenser. It needs to be cleaned routinely else it can erode effortlessly in the coastal areas. To reduce the corrosion factor it is fitted with Bluefin sheet to shield it from moistness. Because of this factor, copper condensers are more expensive than Aluminium Condensers. Fortunately enough, the spare parts are easily available for Copper condensers.
It basically calculates with the help of BEE (Bureau of Energy Efficiency) rating which ranges from 1 to 5 Star. A 5 Star rating will have higher cooling efficiency and less power consumption.Read full AC Buying Guide!
2 Ton AC – FAQ
Q: When the temperature in India hardly crosses 50 ℃, why should I require dual fan compressor?
A: During the peak summer the temperature ranges from 45~50 degrees, the compressor chamber temperature will increase to 54~59 degrees inside the Outdoor unit. This may result in compressor trip issue at that temperature. Dual fan compressor works even at 57 ℃ also.
Q: What is the average lifespan of a residential air conditioner?
A: Generally, the average lifespan of an air conditioner is seven to eight years. The performance of AC depends upon the usage, regular cleaning of filters and service of AC by a qualified technician.