Table of Contents
- 1 How Do Essential Oils Benefit the Skin?
- 2 Choosing The Right Essential Oil for Your Skin Type
- 3 The Best 5 Essential Oils for Skin in India
- 4 Top 5 Essential Oils for Skin: Full Comparison with Ratings (2021)
In recent times, you might have seen a surge in brands releasing products that contain essential oils. While these beneficial oils might have just started gaining traction in this capitalistic world, they’ve been in use since the Egyptians ruled everything, 2000-3000 BC. Yes, you read that right. Are essential oils the secret to Cleopatra’s beauty? They might just be! The Egyptians were the first to recognize the benefits one can extract from essential oils for the skin. We’re just glad the world is catching up!
Technically speaking, essential oils are compounds extracted from plants. They capture the “essence” of the plant and provide you with beauty, health and wellness related care. No matter your skin type, there is an essential oil out there, waiting to fix all your skincare related woes.
How Do Essential Oils Benefit the Skin?
We often find ourselves guilty of overlooking simple, yet essential aspects of life. With their anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and soothing properties, essential oils are used for a variety of skin care concerns. Some of them are:
- Essential oils reduce acne and acne-related scarring.
- The oils help tighten the skin.
- They’re a must if you want to get glowing skin ASAP.
- Essential oils have anti-ageing properties.
- They are perfect for repairing any damage caused to the skin due to pollution and other external factors.
Also, read about the best essential oils for hair growth.
Choosing The Right Essential Oil for Your Skin Type
Everyone’s skin differs vastly, so it’s obvious that one oil can’t work for everyone. Your skin might benefit more (or less) from a particular oil. Here’s a quick guide to help you choose the right essential oil for your skin type:
Essential Oils for Dry Skin
- If you have dry skin, the perfect would be super hydrating and moisturizing oils. While the moisturizing function of essential oil might be obvious, you need to be careful about the ingredient you are choosing! You can check out lavender oil for your face or the eucalyptus oil for skin to help boost the elasticity in your skin!
Essential Oils for Oily Skin
- Most people with oily skin are scared of using oils on their face. They think putting more oil might lead to acne. There are a few oils out there, though, that help control moisture in your skin, while providing you with all the benefits of essential oil. Check out this lemon essential oil for your face.
Essential Oils for Acne-Prone Skin
- Acne is something almost everyone encounters. While most chemical-based medicines are drying, an essential oil can do wonders for your acne-prone skin!
- Check out this Tea Tree essential oil and this Rose Oil. Tea tree and rose are two ingredients proven to nourish your skin with medical benefits and fight acne!
Essential Oils for Normal Skin
- For normal skin types, you might not want to go too much into a medicinal essential oil. Choose something that gives your skin a healthy glow, while moisturizing.
- Orange and Sandalwood essential oil for the face are known to be gentle on the skin.
The Best 5 Essential Oils for Skin in India
1. WOW Skin Science Frankincense Essential Oil
The WOW Skin Science Frankincense Essential Oil is a multi-purpose oil. It can be used to help relieve stress and anxiety while shooing away all your skin problems. It’s earthy/woody and spicy aroma is to die for! Want to buy WOW Skincare products at affordable prices? If yes, checkout the best WOW Skincare offers in town to get best discounts and deals.
- Relieves stress and helps you stay calm
- Fights acne
- Reduces brown spots
- Slows signs of aging
- Cannot be applied directly on the skin, requires a carrier agent, like a moisturizer.
- Boswellia Serrata, Olibanum
- Normal skin
Must read: Aromatherapy and Benefits of Essential Oils
2. Organix Mantra Tea Tree Essential Oil
This tea tree essential oil works wonders for your skin to reduce skin inflammation, irritation. Mix it with a small pea sized amount of your moisturizer to get clearer skin!
- Multipurpose oil which can be used for skincare, hair care, and wellness
- Very affordable
- Not suitable for dry or sensitive skin.
- Extracted from the leaves of the plant tea tree with the botanical name melaleuca alternifolia. The essential oil is extracted using the steam distillation
- Acne prone skin
Must Read: 10 Best Pimple Creams to Treat Acne
3. Old Tree Lavender Essential Oil
Packed with powerful therapeutic properties, Lavender oil works magically in assisting skin for a soft, supple and refreshed look. This antibacterial lavender oil for your face replenishes your skin while cleansing it.
- Treats acne
- Boosts hair growth
- Fights dandruff
- Needs a carrier agent to be applied
- Natural lavender extracted through steam distillation.
- Oily and Acne-prone skin
Must read: Lavender Oil: Benefits, Uses & Side Effects
4. Exotic Aromas Rose Essential Oil
The Exotic Aromas Rose Essential Oil has multiple aromatherapy and topical uses. Rose being the key ingredient provides the ultimate glow to the skin. This rose oil is highly concentrated and has an enhanced formulation. ideal for skincare.
- Hydrates dry skin
- Clears acne
- Reduces signs of aging and minimizes the appearance of scars
- Helps with conditions such as eczema and rosacea
- Not suitable for oily skin
- Dry and normal skin
Must Read: Benefits of Rosewater for the skin
5. Organix Mantra Sweet Orange Essential Oil
This sweet orange essential oil has a very citrusy and soothing fragrance. It helps in making the skin soft when used with a carrier oil. This orange essential oil refreshes the skin and gives it an amazing glow.
- Helps hydrate the skin
- Very affordable
- Relaxes and calms anxiety
- Has a strong sweet scent which might bother some
- Cold pressed extracted orange
- Normal skin
Must Read: Health benefits of Orange
Top 5 Essential Oils for Skin: Full Comparison with Ratings (2021)
|Best Essentials Oils for Skin||Best Features||Rating|
|WOW Skin Science Frankincense Essential Oil||Fights acne||4.2/5|
|Organix Mantra Tea Tree Essential Oil||Reduces Inflammation||4.3/5|
|Old Tree Lavender Essential Oil||Softens Skin||4.0/5|
|Exotic Aromas Rose Essential Oil||Hydrates Skin||3.9/5|
|Organix Mantra Sweet Orange Essential Oil||Refreshes Skin||4.0/5|
Essential oils may not give immediate results. So, you have to be patient and use them religiously. But this list of the best essential oils for your skin ought to help! Pick the one that works for you the best and let us know how they work out for you in the comments below!
Other Stories that You Must Read:
- Best Sulphate Free Shampoos
- Best Hair Curlers in India
- Best Mild Shampoos in India
- Best Onion Hair Oil in India
- Best Patanjali Hair Oils
- Best Herbal Shampoos for Dandruff