In recent times, you might have seen a surge in brands releasing products that contain essential oils. While these beneficial oils might have just started gaining traction in this capitalistic world, they’ve been in use since the Egyptians ruled everything, 2000-3000 BC. Yes, you read that right. Are essential oils the secret to Cleopatra’s beauty? They might just be! The Egyptians were the first to recognize the benefits one can extract from essential oils for the skin. We’re just glad the world is catching up on the best essential oils for skin!
Technically speaking, essential oils are compounds extracted from plants. They capture the “essence” of the plant and provide you with beauty, health and wellness related care. No matter your skin type, there is an essential oil out there, waiting to fix all your skincare related woes.
Benefits of Using the Best Essentials for Skin
We often find ourselves guilty of overlooking simple, yet essential aspects of life. With their anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and soothing properties, essential oils are used for a variety of skin care concerns. Some of them are:
- Essential oils reduce acne and acne-related scarring
- The oils help tighten the skin
- They’re a must if you want to get glowing skin
- Essential oils have anti-ageing properties
- They are perfect for repairing any damage caused to the skin due to pollution and other external factors
Also, read about the best essential oils for hair growth.
Choosing The Right Essential Oil for Your Skin Type
Everyone’s skin differs vastly, so it’s obvious that one oil can’t work for everyone. Your skin might benefit more (or less) from a particular oil. Here’s a quick guide to help you choose the right essential oil for your skin type:
Skip to Content
- Essential Oils for Dry Skin
- Essential Oils for Oily Skin
- Essential Oils for Acne-Prone Skin
- Essential Oils for Normal Skin
- 1. Organix Mantra Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 2. Aromazotika Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- 3. Exotic Aromas Rose Essential Oil
- 4. Naturalis Essence of Nature Frankincense Essential Oil
- 5. Old Tree Lavender Essential Oil
- 6. Rey Naturals Rosemary Essential Oil
- 7. Good Vibes Lemon Essential Oil
Essential Oils for Dry Skin
- If you have dry skin, the perfect would be super hydrating and moisturizing oils. While the moisturizing function of essential oil might be obvious, you need to be careful about the ingredient you are choosing! You can check out lavender oil for your face or the eucalyptus oil for skin to help boost the elasticity in your skin!
Essential Oils for Oily Skin
- Most people with oily skin are scared of using oils on their face. They think putting more oil might lead to acne. Lemon essential oil is a great pick to help control moisture in your skin, while providing you with all the benefits of essential oil.
Essential Oils for Acne-Prone Skin
- Acne is something almost everyone encounters. While most chemical-based medicines are drying, an essential oil can do wonders for your acne-prone skin!
- Tea tree and rose are two ingredients proven to nourish your skin with medical benefits and fight acne!
Essential Oils for Normal Skin
- For normal skin types, you might not want to go too much into a medicinal essential oil. Choose something that gives your skin a healthy glow, while moisturizing.
- Orange essential oil is known to be gentle on the skin.
The 7 Best Essential Oils for Skin
This tea tree essential oil works wonders for your skin to reduce skin inflammation, irritation. Mix it with a small pea sized amount of your moisturizer to get clearer skin! This indigenously sourced oil is free from chemicals, GMO, and sulphates. You can use this 100% pure oil as an ingredient for homemade mouthwashes to fight bad breath and dental plaque, pimples, and dandruff.
- Multipurpose oil which can be used for skincare, hair care, and wellness
- Very affordable
- Best tea tree oil for mouthwash
- Not suitable for dry or sensitive skin
Must Read: 10 Best Pimple Creams to Treat Acne
This sweet orange essential oil has a very citrusy and soothing fragrance. It helps in making the skin soft when used with a carrier oil. This orange essential oil refreshes the skin and gives it an amazing glow. It is free from any chemicals, and additives. You can use it regularly to moisturize your lips and add it in your DIY skincare remedies.
- Helps hydrate the skin
- Very affordable
- Acts as antioxidant
- Has a strong sweet scent which might bother some
Must Read: Health benefits of Orange
The Exotic Aromas Rose Essential Oil has multiple aromatherapy and topical uses. Rose being the key ingredient provides the ultimate glow to the skin. This rose oil is highly concentrated and has an enhanced formulation. This scented essential oil can help you amp up your skincare regimen. They are pure plant extracts and are suitable for all skin types.
You can use a combination of this oil with other ingredients as a facial toner, and a DIY face serum. These oils contain no fillers, additives, colours or chemicals. They are steam-distilled, natural and organic.
- Hydrates dry skin
- Clears acne
- Combo pack of Lavender and Rose
Must Read: Benefits of Rosewater for the skin
Frankincense Oil—a potent extract, derived from the gums of Boswellia tree—is a pure and natural therapeutic grade essential oil. It is extracted by steam distillation and offers multiple benefits on skin, and hair. This essential oil can help keep your skin supple and fresh. It can be used to help relieve stress and anxiety while shooing away all your skin problems. It’s earthy/woody and spicy aroma is to die for!
- Relieves stress and helps you stay calm
- Fights acne
- Reduces brown spots
- Best essential oil for glowing skin
- Cannot be applied directly on the skin, requires a carrier agent, like a moisturiser
Must read: Aromatherapy and Benefits of Essential Oils
Old Tree Lavender Essential Oil is extracted from the fresh flowers of lavender through a steam distillation process. It would certainly make it to the best essential oils brand list. Teeming with therapeutic properties, this oil is a great addition to your beauty and skincare regimen. This lavender essential oil is a 100% pure offering free from added colours.
Packed with powerful therapeutic properties, Lavender oil works magically in assisting skin for a soft, supple and refreshed look. This antibacterial lavender oil for your face replenishes your skin while cleansing it. Add a few drops to creams, lotions to boost your skin health. Moreover, it also helps induce peaceful and relaxed sleep.
- Treats acne
- Boosts hair growth
- Fights dandruff
Must read: Lavender Oil: Benefits, Uses & Side Effects
This rosemary essential oil has a lot of benefits on skin. You can mix it in your face cream and handwash to feel a difference in your facial skin and hands. It has a great fragrance that leaves you smelling good for a long time. It is a therapeutic-grade oil that enhances the skin overall with regular use.
- Multipurpose oil
- Best for use in homemade body scrubs, and face masks
Lemon essential oil is rich in agents that can keep your skin protected from damage – thanks to the vitamin C content in this oil. one of the best essential oils for skin, it helps retain the glow and youth of your skin, and also reduces the signs of ageing. It can be mixed with any of the carrier oils to keep your skin pimple free.
You can also use this oil in your DIY face scrubs to rejuvenate your skin and give it a refreshing glow. Use this pure essential oil as a natural makeup remover for your face.
- 100% Pure
- Suitable for all skin types
- Not tested on animals
Top 5 Essential Oils for Skin: Price Comparison
|Bestselling Essential oils for Glowing Skin||Price*|
|Organix Mantra Tea Tree Oil||Rs 210|
|Aromazotika Sweet Orange Essential Oil||Rs 209|
|Exotic Aromas Rose Essential Oil Combo||Rs 349|
|Naturalis Essence of Nature Frankincense Essential Oil||Rs 218|
|Old Tree Lavender Essential Oil||Rs 299|
|Rey Naturals Rosemary Oil||Rs 199|
|Good Vibes Lemon Essential Oil||Rs 191|
Essential oils may not give immediate results. So, you have to be patient and use them religiously. But this list of the best essential oils for your skin ought to help! Pick the one that works for you the best and let us know how you use them in your skincare routine.
Other Stories that You Must Read: