We know how important maintaining the condition of our scalp is for our hair. When your scalp is well-maintained and healthy, you may experience significant hair growth. However, neglecting your scalp can result in a variety of concerns, from excessive oil secretion to extreme dullness. As part of your regular hair care routine, we are accustomed to using shampoos, conditioners, hair oils, and hair masks. But we hardly realise the need for a scalp scrub. But using this product can have several benefits, just like using a scrub for your face or body has on your skin. Scalp scrubs remove excess product and build-up on the scalp, and remove dead skin cells while improving circulation and clearing up the roots for better hair health. Choose the best scalp scrub from this list and incorporate it into your daily hair care routine if you are struggling with dandruff, oily hair, or hair thinning.
Our Top Picks :
How Do We Choose the Best Scalp Scrub for You?
You must select a quality scalp scrub to keep your scalp happy and healthy. Depending on your goals and budget, you can choose a scalp scrub for between Rs 250 and Rs 2000.
When choosing the best scalp scrub, keep in mind the three factors listed below.
Your hair texture and scalp concerns determine what the main ingredients of a scalp scrub should be. To make sure that your scalp is getting enough nutrition, you should always review the ingredients of a hair scalp scrub. It is necessary since some chemicals that work well on dry scalps may not be the best for people with oily scalps. The best scalp scrub for oily hair is one that uses chemical exfoliants like zinc and BHA to lessen excessive oil production.
Enhancing the health of the scalp involves selecting the appropriate exfoliant type. Physical exfoliants and chemical exfoliants are the two primary forms of exfoliants. Physically exfoliating hair scrubs remove debris or product residue from the scalp by using coarse substances. Mild acids like glycolic and salicylic acid are used in chemical exfoliators for scalp scrubs to remove flaky and damaged skin cells.
Nourishing and Moisturising Ability
Always select a skin-nourishing and moisturising hair scrub in addition to looking at the components and figuring out the type of exfoliation. If you’re having trouble with dry skin and dandruff and want to develop a healthy hair care routine, selecting the best scalp scrub for dandruff is critical. You should look for a hair scrub that contains a list of relaxing, moisturising, and anti-inflammatory ingredients like aloe vera, avocado extract, or rosemary oil. These components will support the scalp’s ability to hold onto moisture.
List of the Top 9 Best Scalp Scrubs in India
mCaffeine Anti Dandruff Coffee Scalp Scrub
mCaffeine is the first ever caffeinated personal care brand in India. This is a completely cruelty-free brand certified by PETA. It has a wide range of products for face care, hair care, and body care, including some quality scalp scrubs.
Notable Features of the mCaffeine Anti Dandruff Coffee Scalp Scrub:
- It contains natural AHA, which exfoliates the skin and Arabica coffee, which kills 99 per cent of the bacteria that causes dandruff.
- It also contains rosemary, which cools and cures itchy scalp while also soothing it.
- The scrub nourishes the scalp, enhances its texture, and activates the roots that promote healthy hair development.
- Benefits all skin types
- Minimises hair loss
- Increases blood circulation
- Value for money
- No chemicals
- Price within reason
Why We Picked the mCaffeine Anti Dandruff Coffee Scalp Scrub?
Given all the benefits it provides, this is regarded as the best scalp scrub for dandruff issues. It has undergone dermatological testing and is devoid of chemicals like Paraben, SLS, and others that could affect your hair. The production process also complies with environmental standards.
Luster Cosmetics Lavender & Avocado Scalp Scrub
Luster Cosmetics makes natural and organic skincare products for men and women. The brand is always focused on maintaining purity and refinement. Its testing process is cruelty-free.
Notable Features of the Luster Cosmetics Lavender & Avocado Scalp Scrub:
- Avocado and lavender are natural exfoliants and aid in decreasing the concentration of microbes that cause dandruff.
- It not only combats dandruff but also encourages hair growth and solves hair loss issues.
- Comprehensive hair care solution for both men and women
- Encourages strong hair follicles
- No chemicals
Why We Picked the Luster Cosmetics Lavender & Avocado Scalp Scrub?
You can refer to it as the best scalp scrub for thinning hair because consistent use of this scalp scrub results in a clean, revitalised scalp as well as thick and lustrous hair. It is designed specifically for keratin care, which promotes healthy hair development.
HAPPIER Powerblend Hair Scrub
Happier uses the power of superfoods in its skin care, hair care and body care products. Health and wellness products are also available. Currently, the brand has many products on display on Amazon.
Notable Features of the HAPPIER Powerblend Hair Scrub:
- Tea tree is a component of the scrub. It helps to clear the excess oil and dandruff from the scalp.
- Charcoal detoxifies hair follicles and aids in clearing blocked pores.
- The great hydration offered by coconut reduces the dullness and flakiness of the scalp.
- The scrub also contains green tea, which is high in antioxidants and works to stave against the effects of ageing.
- Active components, including Pro-Vitamin B5 and Plant Keratin are suitable for hydrating and nourishing hair.
- Maintains scalp moisture
- Enhances scalp and hair health
- No chemicals used
- Reasonably priced
Why We Picked the HAPPIER Powerblend Hair Scrub?
The absence of silicone, paraben, mineral oil, urea, and sulphates qualifies this product for inclusion on the list of the best scalp scrub in India. It is made with all-natural components that support healthier, more enriched hair.
Head & Shoulders Royal Oils Water Activated Scalp Scrub
Head & Shoulders has been providing anti-dandruff solutions for many years. It has a huge customer base in India and sells massively on Amazon.
Notable Features of the Head & Shoulders Royal Oils Water Activated Scalp Scrub:
- The scrub contains coconut oil, which hydrates and nourishes the scalp.
- It renews the surface of the scalp while clearing away extra product buildup.
- Non-abrasive granules that are effective purifiers
- Devoid of sulphates and dyes
Why We Picked the Head & Shoulders Scalp Scrub:
The Head & Shoulders Royal Oils Water Activated Scalp Scrub is among the best scalp scrubs, as results are noticeable after the first use. It has been carefully formulated with beneficial components that nourish the scalp and enhance its general health.
OUAI Haircare Scalp and Body Scrub
OUAI is a premium hair care brand. It encourages women to embrace imperfections and live life as they like. The brand produces a wide range of hair care products.
Notable Features of the OUAI Haircare Scalp and Body Scrub:
- Hair feels nourished thanks to the main components of sugar, coconut oil, and probiotic combination.
- Calms irritated skin and dry scalp
- Suitable for both the scalp and the body
- Leaves no residue
- Doesn’t include parabens, phthalates, or sulphates
- Heavy on the wallet
- Only appropriate for dry skin
The Inkey List Scalp Scrub
The Inkey List believes that quality products should be accessible to all. Hence, it has kept a wide price range for a broad customer base. Even while being committed to producing affordable products, the brand has not compromised its quality. Also, it is always ready to listen to customers’ feedback and makes changes whenever necessary.
Notable Features of The Inkey List Scalp Scrub:
- The scrub has 7% glycolic acid, which helps eliminate product build-up and dead skin.
- Helps control excess sebum production.
- The 2% castor beads exfoliate the scalp.
- Suitable for all hair types
- Sulphate free
- Improves hair health
Arata Turmeric Growth Scalp Scrub
Arata started its journey in 2016 on a small scale to provide friends and family members with quality natural products. Over time, it became a brand that advocates for sustainable personal care. Arata is an all-natural brand, currently producing a vast range of hair care and skin care products. It also offers some of the best products for curly hair.
Notable Features of Arata Turmeric Growth Scalp Scrub:
- The key ingredient of this scrub is turmeric which promotes hair growth.
- Coconut water calms the itchy scalp and hydrates hair.
- Argan oil and Murmur butter make the hair soft.
- Peppermint oil improves blood circulation of the scalp.
- Apple cider vinegar helps exfoliate the scalp.
- Capilia longa initiates hair growth.
- Improves hair health
- Reduces hair loss
Dot & Key AHA Hair & Scalp Scrub
Dot & Key is one of the most popular skincare brands in India. It has a huge customer base and sales massively all over India. The reason beyond its success is its firm attention to quality. From sourcing ingredients to testing products, all of its processes are monitored closely. Its nature-friendly approach also makes it praiseworthy.
Notable Features of Dot & Key AHA Hair & Scalp Scrub:
- The main ingredient of this scrub, apple cider vinegar, aids in maintaining the pH level of the scalp.
- Salicylic acid unclogs hair follicles and prevents product and oil build-up.
- Glycolic and lactic acid exfoliate the scalp and remove dandruff flakes.
- Walnut shell powder removes dead skin cells.
- Marula and peppermint oil soothes the scalp.
- Sulphate free
- Paraben free
- Curly hair friendly
VOLAMENA Coffee Hair & Scalp Scrub
Beauty requires nourishment, and this is what motivates VOLAMENA. The brand produces healing solutions that enhance our hair and skin beauty while supplying much-needed nourishment. It is a 100% natural skincare and hair care brand that creates products for both men and women.
Notable Features of VOLAMENA Coffee Hair & Scalp Scrub:
- Infused pure coffee bean powder is used in this scrub. It acts like a natural exfoliator and removes dandruff.
- Lemon oil keeps the scalp healthy.
- Removes dandruff flakes
- Encourages hair growth
- Improves hair health
- Sulphate free
In order to boost the health of your hair and scalp, pick the best scalp scrub to use in conjunction with your usual hair care products. Choosing the appropriate hair product will protect your scalp from further damage. We encourage you to thoroughly inspect each product on our list and then decide what is the best scalp scrub for your hair type.
Are scalp scrubs good for your hair?
Shampooing every day might not be possible or the best idea for your hair. In such cases, a scalp scrub can be of help. They help in removing excess buildup, oil, dandruff, and dead skin cells while helping you keep your scalp and hair healthy. So, yes, scalp scrubs are good for your hair.
Is scalp scrub really necessary?
Travelling every day, pollution, and dust are problems we face regularly. So using a scalp scrub at least once a week can be a good idea. But using a product entirely depends on your needs and wants.
Should I use a scalp scrub before or after shampoo?
Scalp scrubs should be used on wet hair before using shampoo.
Is salt or sugar better for scalp scrub?
Sugar or sugar-based scalp scrubs are better as they provide enough moisture to soften the scalp.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
CashKaro’s expert researchers belong to various fields. While curating a review for any product, the team of experts performs extensive research. All perks and cons are verified before writing a review of a product. We also adhere to a strict user review policy, making sure that no product with questionable online ratings appears on our lists. We have studied all scalp scrubs available in the market and enlisted the best ones here.