One of the most underrated elements of makeup is the initial prep for the base. Priming your skin is indispensable to have a smooth base for your foundation and concealer. The best primer for your skin will help even out your skin, cover your imperfections, and allow the makeup to adhere better to your face for a more finished, natural look. If you’re still not convinced about buying one, here are some more reasons why primer is a must-buy.
Why Use a Primer:
- Helps smoothen your base
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and pores
- Makeup stays on for longer
- Hydrates the skin
- Prevents patchiness in makeup
- Mattifying formulas help in oil control
|Our Top Recommendations||Best Prices on Amazon|
|Nyx Professional||Check Prices|
|Swiss Beauty||Check Prices|
How Do We Choose the Best Primers for You?
A primer is the most important prerequisite for flawless makeup. It creates a perfect canvas to help your makeup glide smoothly, blend easily and stay on longer. Now that you have no justification for skipping a primer, it’s time to get one of the best primers for your skin. In India, you can find an extensive range of primers for different skin types on a budget of Rs 300 to Rs 5,000.
To help you pick out the best makeup primer according to your needs, here are some of the important factors that you must keep in mind while making a purchase. These factors have helped us curate a list of top primer recommendations. So, consider them and make an informed decision.
Skin Type: Choose a primer that suits your skin type the best. If you have dry skin, go for a hydrating primer. However, for oily skin, mattifying primers work the best. In case you have sensitive skin, pick a normal primer with natural ingredients and no chemicals.
Foundation Base: Your primer must match the base of your foundation or concealer. For instance, if you are using an oil-based foundation, your primer must also be oil-based. Matching the base will help in avoiding repelling effects.
Skin Concerns: You can’t ignore addressing your skin concerns while buying a primer. There are different primers for different skin concerns. If you have hyperpigmentation and acne scars, you must opt for a colour-correcting primer. However, for large pores and fine lines, you must choose pore minimising primers.
Types of Primers & Best Primers for Your Skin
On this page:
- 1. Pore Minimising Primers
- Nyx Professional Makeup Pore Filler
- Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Primer
- BENEFIT The POREfessional Face Primer
- 2. Mattifying Primers
- Lakme Absolute Blur Perfect Primer
- Maybelline Facestudio Master Prime Makeup Primer
- Nars Cosmetics Shine Control Primer
- 3. Illuminating Primers
- Swiss Beauty Base Highlighting Primer
- E.L.F. Cosmetics Studio Illuminating Face Primer
- NYX Professional Makeup Honey Dew Me Up Primer
- 4. Oil-Free Primers
- Insight 3 in 1 Oil Free Primer
- Colorbar Cosmetics Flawless Finish Primer
- Lotus Makeup Ecostay Perfecting Primer
- 5. Lightweight Primers for Smooth Finish
- L’Oreal Paris Base Magique Primer
- Blue Heaven Studio Perfection Primer
- Wet n Wild Coverall Face Primer
- 6. Hydrating Primers
- e.l.f. Cosmetics Hydrating Face Primer
- Maybelline Facestudio Master Prime Primer
- Nyx Professional Makeup Hydra Touch Primer
- 7. Waterproof Primers
- Bellina Oil Free Base Primer
- N’LFÉ Nelf waterproof Matte Face Primer
- Swiss Beauty Pearl Primer
- Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
1. Pore Minimising Primers
We all have pores and they play a crucial role in producing sebum to keep our skin moisturised and healthy. While they are important, they might turn into major skincare woes causing excess oil and breakouts, making it challenging to get super smooth and flawless skin. However, pore minimising primers are the go-to makeup product for minimising pores and providing you with a perfect base for applying makeup. Here are the best primers for people with large open pores.
Nyx Professional Makeup Pore Filler
As the name suggests, it is one of the best primers that has a lightweight, non-drying blurring formula to instantly minimise the appearance of the pores. It provides a perfect pre-foundation base coat for making your skin look smoother and softer even after applying makeup. Get this primer and add a real-life filter to your face.
Prominent Features of the Nyx Professional Makeup Pore Filler:
- Infused with Vitamin E for blurring effect and Charcoal for mattifying the skin
- Contains Centella that provides a smooth hydra finish and keeps you hydrated all day long
- It is 100% vegan and does not contain harmful chemicals that might harm your skin
- This non-drying primer lasts up to 12 long hours while making you look fresh
- Glides easily and evenly
- Does not feel dry on the skin
- It does not control oil
Why We Picked the Nyx Professional Makeup Pore Filler?
This Nyx Professional Pore Minimising primer is an affordable, versatile formula that is a perfect choice for everyday use. Applying this primer provides a smooth canvas for easy makeup application that does not look heavy or cakey afterwards. It conceals the pores and provides flawless skin that lasts the entire day.
Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Primer
Smashbox is a renowned cosmetic brand, and its Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Primer is an outstanding product. It is a clear face primer gel that has a gorgeous silky, lightweight texture to instantly blur away all the imperfections and provide you with nourished skin for a beautiful makeup look. So, get this primer and stop worrying about the touch-ups.
Prominent Features of the Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Primer:
- With antioxidants vitamin A + E, it safeguards skin from environmental pollutants, damage and stress
- It instantly smooths and blurs the pores and fine lines to help your makeup look better
- This primer is a lightweight, oil-free formula that glides easily onto the skin
- It lets makeup last longer even in extremely hot, sweaty and tearful weather conditions
- Suits all skin types
- Vegan and Cruelty-free
- Lightweight and oil-free
Why We Picked the Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Primer?
Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Primer is a perfect choice for busy days, and it keeps skin smooth and soft for longer hours and lets the makeup stay intact the whole day. This blurring primer gives a flawless finish in just a pea-size amount and makes your skin ready for all the makeup products. It comes in a travel-friendly packaging which adds to its convenience.
BENEFIT The POREfessional Face Primer
A professional primer that minimises the appearance of pores BENEFIT The POREfessional Face Primer is an incredible addition to your makeup kit if you have large pores that make your skin fall more on the oily side. This primer has an oil-free formula that provides silky-soft skin and helps you apply makeup evenly. It is indeed a game-changer product that you must try.
Prominent Features of the BENEFIT The POREfessional Face Primer:
- It has smoothing superpowers that minimise the look of pores and fine lines instantly while blurring out all the imperfections
- It is a translucent primer that contains Vitamin E derivatives for protecting your skin from free radicals
- Creates a smoother-than-smooth canvas and provides a beautifully refined complexion
- This primer comes in beautiful packaging and three different sizes: mini, full size, and value size
- Hides imperfections
- It helps makeup stay longer
- Lesser quantity as compared to the price
Why We Picked the BENEFIT The POREfessional Face Primer?
BENEFIT The POREfessional Face Primer is a cult product that perfectly takes care of large pores and helps in minimising them to a great extent. This primer has a fast-absorbing formula that provides a shine-free matte canvas to work on. It is a good and trustworthy beauty product that is a perfect choice if a slight price crunch is not an issue for you.
2. Mattifying Primers
Fed up with retouching your makeup frequently because of how oily it is, it’s high time to say hello to mattifying primers! Mattifying primers are your sure-shot ticket for eliminating greasiness on your shiny skin for long hours. These primers help control oil and smoothen your skin’s texture to make your skin looks shine-free and flawless the entire day. Along with this, mattifying primers hold on to the makeup all day without caking, drying, or pilling out the skin. This makes it important to check out the best primer for a matte base and enjoy beautiful glowing makeup.
Lakme Absolute Blur Perfect Primer
If you like your makeup to be flawlessly matte through the day, this Lakme Absolut Blur Perfect Primer is the one for you. Meant to blur out your pores and fine lines; it also adds a touch of brilliance and helps even out your skin tone. It has a silky blur formula that hides all the imperfections and mattifies the skin for a professional makeup finish.
Prominent Features of the Lakme Absolute Blur Perfect Primer:
- The super-smooth formula allows makeup to glide effortlessly and blend seamlessly onto the skin
- It prevents the base from oxidising or changing colour after applying layers of makeup products
- Waterproof formula to give you glowing radiance round the clock without making your face look oily or dull
- It has 2-in-1 use that, makes it ideal to use under the makeup or alone as a mattifying layer over the moisturiser
- Softens blemishes
- Lightweight and waterproof
- Extremely bendable
- It contains paraben
Why We Picked the Lakme Absolute Blur Perfect Primer?
Lakme Absolute Blur Perfect Primer is an outstanding mid-range option that is a perfect start for a new-bee makeup lover. It is a product appreciated well for its affordability and quality, brightening up the face and softening the imperfections. Applying this primer gives a matte finish to the skin that is must-needed to applying makeup in hot summers.
Maybelline Facestudio Master Prime Makeup Primer
This budget-friendly matte primer is a favourite pick of many makeup artists. It is a primer that provides a long-lasting refined look while blurring out all the imperfections. This primer has a weightless, water-based formula that refines the look and feels of the skin by fighting the biggest and major skin concerns. If you are someone who wants a non-oily, matte makeup base, this is the primer for you.
Prominent Features of the Maybelline Facestudio Master Prime Makeup Primer:
- It is formulated with a water-soluble base and active ingredients to make the makeup last longer
- The primer has an extensive range of five different shades that are ideal for different skin complexions and concerns
- It has a weightless, non-oily, and water-soluble formula that glides smoothly and creates a perfect base for makeup application
- The product is dermatologist tested in order to ensure that it won’t clog pores or cause any allergic reactions to the wearer
- Lightweight and Non-greasy
- Contains SPF 30
- Suitable even for sensitive skin
- Unappealing smell
Why We Picked the Maybelline Facestudio Master Prime Makeup Primer?
Maybelline Facestudio Master Prime Makeup Primer has weightless, ultra-blurring spheres that offer the required amount of dewy glow without going over the top or making your skin look greasy. Applying this primer feels refreshed and light on the skin and helps camouflage, conceal, and correct all the imperfections.
Nars Cosmetics Shine Control Primer
If you want to skip on your foundation on a hot summer day or want to achieve a matte ‘no-makeup, makeup look’, this Nars Cosmetics Shine Control Primer is what you should get for yourself. This is a mattifying, pore-and-shine control primer that prepares the skin and provides it with the prettiest sheen for enhancing the look.
Prominent Features of the Nars Cosmetics Shine Control Primer:
- Contains African Whitewood, Oleanolic and Peptides that absorb all the excess oil and make skin appear smoother and matte
- It provides an instant brightness boost along with a subtle hint of pearl to revive tired and dull skin
- The primer has a gel-cream texture for controlling shine and keeping the makeup in place for longer hours
- It is a paraben, chemical, and synthetic fragrance-free product and is also dermatologically tested to ensure safety
- Travel-friendly packaging
- Oil-free formula
- U.V. rays protection
- Lightweight texture
- It does not show a huge difference in the pores
Why We Picked the Nars Cosmetics Shine Control Primer?
This Nars Cosmetics Shine Control Primer is a true multitasker. It is an oil-free formula that diminishes the look of pores instantly and controls the shine throughout the day to give a mattifying effect. While prepping your skin, it offers fairly high sun protection as well with its broad-spectrum protection of SPF 35. This makes it a must-try product for a professional makeup look at home.
3. Illuminating Primers
If you are experiencing dull and lifeless skin regardless of applying various makeup products, an illuminating primer may do the trick for you. An illuminating primer contains a light-reflecting formula which lends a beautiful glow to the face. It provides a healthy glow accompanied by a dewy finish for flawless makeup. It not just adds a subtle, skin-perfecting glow but also grips makeup to make it stay longer. Here is our take on the best primers for an illuminating glow.
Swiss Beauty Base Highlighting Primer
Ideal for lightweight, glowy makeup, this Base Highlighting Primer from Swiss Beauty will give your skin the natural no-makeup radiance it requires. Its oil-free tinted formula allows your makeup to blend in more organically, thus preventing the appearance of cakey lines. This silky texture also minimises the prominence of pores and provides an oil-free mattifying base for eye-pleasing makeup.
Prominent Features of the Swiss Beauty Base Highlighting Primer:
- It is a hydrating primer that smooths and evens out skin while providing an oil-free mattifying long-lasting base for makeup application
- The primer has a silky and lightweight formula that glides smoothly on the skin and gives a soft, velvety finish
- This Swiss Beauty primer contains brightening and illuminating ingredients like pearl powder that gives a natural shine
- It has moisturising and studio perfection effects that leave the skin soft and shining with a glittery effect
- Long-lasting formula
- Blurs out blemishes, pores, and fine-lines
- Lends a natural highlighted look
- Available in three shades
- Non-greasy, non-sticky
- It adds a little too much shine
Why We Picked the Swiss Beauty Base Highlighting Primer?
Swiss Beauty Base Highlighting Primer is a perfect choice for people who wants a smooth canvas for their makeup. This highlighting, illuminating primer has a silky and lightweight texture that glides smoothly while minimising the appearance of pores and fine lines. Applying this primer gives a soft, velvety finish and keeps the skin glowing all day long.
E.L.F. Cosmetics Studio Illuminating Face Primer
With a lovely pale golden shade, E.L.F. Cosmetics Studio Illuminating Face Primer is an ideal purchase for soft, golden luminescence. It has a weightless, silky formula that glides easily on the skin and gives a bare feel that is needed for keeping the makeup intact for long hours. Applying it before makeup transforms the face into a flawless, smooth canvas and ensures a long-lasting makeup application.
Prominent Features of the E.L.F. Cosmetics Studio Illuminating Face Primer:
- This primer suits all skin tones and is safe to use with no paraben, phthalate, and harmful chemicals
- The product comes in a translucent, matte plastic bottle with a pump dispenser, making it hygienic and easy to use
- Contains silicone which gives an instant smoothness to the skin and makes the application of makeup much easier
- It is a two-in-one makeup product that can be used beneath the makeup as a primer and over the foundation as a highlighter
- Sturdy pump dispenser bottle
- Gentle on the skin
- Lightweight and effective
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- It has a strong and unpleasant smell
Why We Picked the E.L.F. Cosmetics Studio Illuminating Face Primer?
This E.L.F. Cosmetics Primer is a blendable formula that evens out the skin tone and imparts just the right amount of glow. This primer minimises the appearance of pores and blurs imperfections while refining your complexion. If you want something who wants something to wear under your makeup that not just provides a base but also an illuminating finish, then you must try this primer.
NYX Professional Makeup Honey Dew Me Up Primer
Now it’s extremely easy to achieve luminescence like never before with NYX Professional Makeup Honey Dew Me Up Primer. It has a thick, sticky formula that keeps the skin hydrated and provides an illuminated finish. It is perfect for creating a smooth canvas for makeup application but can also be used to along for enjoying an incredible radiance.
Prominent Features of the NYX Professional Makeup Honey Dew Me Up Primer:
- This primer contains rose, lavender, and jasmine extracts that pack it with soothing qualities
- It acts as a natural antiseptic that makes it safe to use for everyone, even for sensitive skin
- This skin-plumping primer leaves a smooth base with a dewy finish for easy makeup application
- The primer comes in a glass bottle and has a spatula-like applicator for making the usage mess-free
- 100% vegan and cruelty-free
- Gets absorbed easily
- Good colour payoff
- Skin-friendly ingredients
- The texture is too sticky
Why We Picked the NYX Professional Makeup Honey Dew Me Up Primer?
This NYX professional primer is infused with a honeydew melon extract that makes it provides a dewy finish that stays intact for long hours. This light gold colour primer with visible gold flecks not just looks appealing but also offers hydration to the skin to feel good. If you want an illuminating effect without adding a layer of highlighter to your skin, you must check out this primer. It will definitely do wonders.
4. Oil-Free Primers
People with oily skin fight a constant battle to prevent makeup from melting. This is where oil-free primers come into the picture. These are the primers that contain absorbent particulates to soak up the excess oil from the skin and provide a powdery, matte finish. Best suited for combination with oily skin, oil-free primers reduce the appearance of oily sheen on your face and prevent the makeup from slipping or fading. Looking for the best primer for oily skin? Check out some of our top recommendations.
Insight 3 in 1 Oil Free Primer
Healthy skin is a prerequisite to long-lasting makeup. The INSIGHT 3 in 1 Primer brings together the best of skincare and makeup for you. This primer has an oil-free formula that deeply moisturises your face and forms a protective layer between your skin and makeup. It makes the makeup last longer without making it look oily or cakey. This multi-purpose primer can be used before makeup or also after skincare.
Prominent Features of the Insight 3 in 1 Oil Free Primer:
- This gel form, lightweight primer reduces the look of pores and gives a smooth, flawless base for perfect makeup application
- The primer is free from alcohol, sulphates, parabens, and added fragrances and is also not tested on animals
- It is a trendy, affordable, and long-lasting primer that suits all skin tones and transforms the makeup look
- It is a 3-in-1 primer that primes, protects, and moisturises the skin and prepares it for multiple makeup products
- Lightweight gel
- Blurs out fine lines
- Smoothens out pores and wrinkles
- Prevent the production of excess oil
- It does not work well for people with acne-prone skin
Colorbar Cosmetics Flawless Finish Primer
A perfect choice for people with oily skin, Colorbar Cosmetics Flawless Finish Primer is a must-have. This primer features a luxuriously rich formula that has a satin touch to soothe the skin and make it feel soft. The application of this primer controls the oil production of the skin and masks the even skin tone, fine lines, wrinkles, texture, and patches.
Prominent Features of the Colorbar Cosmetics Flawless Finish Primer:
- The primer boasts pure plant extracts while eliminating the use of preservatives which prevents the skin from a sensitive reaction
- It restores the natural and healthy balance of the skin and provides the face appear firmer and more youthful
- This primer gets absorbed gently into the skin and fills in the pores for seamless makeup application without a greasy residue
- This Colorbar primer contains moisturising glycerin that improves the skin surface and provides a radiant feel
- Smooth and gentle on the skin
- Dermatologically tested
- Artificial fragrance-free
- It does not stay for more than 4-5 hours
Lotus Makeup Ecostay Perfecting Primer
ECO STAY Insta-Smooth Perfecting Primer by LOTUS Makeup is where your search ends for an oil-free primer. Made with a lightweight gel-based formula, it mattifies your skin and keeps you oil-free all day long. It evens out the uneven skin texture and reduces the appearance of large pores and acne without clogging them. It is safe for sensitive skin and offers a matte finish that all oily-skin people dream for.
Prominent Features of the Lotus Makeup Ecostay Perfecting Primer:
- Enriched with the goodness of Vitamin E, which acts as an antioxidant for fighting different signs of ageing
- It blurs out the appearance of pores and prepares your skin for long-lasting makeup
- While it is an oil-free formula, it combats excess dryness and helps in creating a balance that is much needed for flawless makeup application
- The unique non-comedogenic formula does not clog pores and works effectively for sensitive skin as well
- Vitamin E and antioxidants protect your skin from sun damage
- It helps smoothen your skin by evening out the tone
- Reduces the appearance of open pores, fine lines, and wrinkles
- Does not block pores even with long-wear
- Does not last for more than 5-6 hours
- Requires generous amount of product for better result
5. Lightweight Primers for Smooth Finish
With the amount of layering that goes on your skin, a heavy oil-based or cream-based primer can cause breakouts or oiliness. They feel heavy on the skin and cause uneasiness. However, you are all sorted with a lightweight by your side. A lightweight, gel-based formula is the best primer for your skin if you wear makeup for long durations. It offers a bare feel and makes it easy for the skin to breathe beneath the layers of makeup. Some of the best lightweight primers that you must check are:
L’Oreal Paris Base Magique Primer
The L’Oreal Paris BaseMagique Primer works like magic for your makeup. This lightweight formula helps control shine and gives your face a mattifying finish. It hydrates your skin while masking wrinkles and open pores and provides a base for a flawless makeup result that lasts longer. Having it as the base, you can enjoy seamless makeup without looking patchy in a few hours.
Prominent Features of the L’Oreal Paris Base Magique Primer:
- This primer instantly smooths pores and creates an even surface for a smooth makeup application.
- It has a silky, lightweight texture that glides easily on the skin and transforms the surface without making you feel heavy
- The primer has a high concentration of elastomers that provides an incredibly even finish by minimising pores and fine lines
- The formula is infused with soft powders that absorb the sebum to reduce the shine and provide a mattifying feel to the skin
- Non-greasy texture
- Suitable for all skin types
- Controls excess oil production
- Prolongs the wear of the foundation
- If not blended well, it leaves a white residue behind
Blue Heaven Studio Perfection Primer
If you are looking for a smooth matte finish for your makeup, this is the primer you should go for. This is silicon, gel-based primer that fills in the pores and fine lines while making you feel having nothing on your skin. The primer is infused with vitamins that provide instant hydration to your skin and smooth out the skin texture to allow your makeup to adhere better. With so much to offer, the Blue Heaven Studio Perfection Primer is a complete showstopper.
Prominent Features of the Blue Heaven Studio Perfection Primer:
- This primer can be used as a base for foundation, powders, concealers, as well as eyeshadows and blush on
- It is an oil-free and non-greasy primer that gives a studio perfection effect and ensures that makeup won’t slip or wash out through the day
- Enriched with skin-enhancing additives like vitamins, silicones, and aloe vera that soothe the skin and makes it look and feel soft
- It mattifies the skin
- Ideal for use with liquid foundations and daily-wear compact powders
- It is a stable primer for your pigmented eyeshadows
- Non-greasy, oil-free formula that keeps your skin fresh
- Contains paraben
Wet n Wild Coverall Face Primer
Wet n Wild Coverall Face Primer has a magic potion to transform your skin instantly into glamorous, glowy skin without making your skin feel heavy. It is a lightweight formula that offers a velvety effect while hiding all skin imperfections. This smudge-proof and fadeproof is an excellent choice for hot summer days when you want to feel any makeup on your skin even while having it.
Prominent Features of the Wet n Wild Coverall Face Primer:
- It is a miraculous primer that minimises the pores, fills in the fine lines, and evens out the skin tone for better makeup
- The primer can be applied alone because it brightens the complexion for ultra-vibrant colour that lasts the whole day
- It contains white sapphire that provides the skin with a silky, smooth finish and lets the primer glide effortlessly for a crystal complexion
- Application of this primer beneath the makeup prevents caking, creasing, and smudging even after a long, hectic day
- Cruelty-Free and Vegan
- Travel-friendly packaging
- Blends easily
- Not for dry skin
- Not sweat-proof
6. Hydrating Primers
Lack of moisture in the skin makes it challenging to blend the makeup and prevents it from getting cakey. However, if you have dry skin, hydrating primers will be your ultimate saviour. They will help you create a perfect canvas by giving your skin the moisture boost that it needs to hold the foundation. Such primers are infused with nourishing ingredients that go deep into the skin and provide hydration while blurring the imperfections and providing a luminous glow. Here are some of our favourite hydrating primers that you must look out for.
e.l.f. Cosmetics Hydrating Face Primer
e.l.f. Cosmetics Hydrating Face Primer is an affordable hydrating product that instantly moisturises the skin and provides a smooth and flawless base for long-lasting makeup. This primer is packed with hydrating ingredients that will help you get rid of dryness while strengthing the natural moisture of the skin.
Prominent Features of the e.l.f. Cosmetics Hydrating Face Primer:
- This e.l.f. primer has a rich and creamy formula that instantly nourishes the skin and makes it smooth for makeup application
- Infused with grape seed oil and vitamins A, C, and E that have anti-ageing benefits that are needed for healthy skin
- Provides a sheer coverage and naturally flawless finish for making the makeup stay longer without looking cakey
- This multi-purpose primer also reduces the fine lines, wrinkles, and blurs pores for a flawless and smooth finish
- Cruelty-free and Vegan
- Matte finish
- Unpleasant fragrance
- Hefty price tag
Maybelline Facestudio Master Prime Primer
This Maybelline colour-correcting face primer is formulated with a water-soluble base that provides the skin with the required hydration and nourishment for beautiful makeup application. It gives a luminous effect and refines the feel of the skin while blurring away all imperfections. With such great formula, the Maybelline Facestudio Master Prime Primer is indeed a godsend for dry skin.
Prominent Features of the Maybelline Facestudio Master Prime Primer:
- This weightless, water-based formula feels smooth and moisturises the skin without making it look greasy
- It visually blurs the imperfections, smoothes fine lines, and even out the skin tone for easy makeup application
- Boasts SPF 30 protects the skin from harmful U.V. rays and controls the redness of the skin
- It has high sebum absorbing power that moisturises and hydrates the skin five times more than usual primers
- Travel-friendly packaging
- Easy to spread
- Non-sticky formula
- It is not effective for oily skin
Nyx Professional Makeup Hydra Touch Primer
Nyx Professional Makeup Primer is highly known for its hydrating properties, making it a perfect addition to the list. This lightweight primer provides a smooth canvas to show your makeup skills. It also extends the makeup wear while keeping the skin hydrated all day long without making it look greasy.
Prominent Features of the Nyx Professional Makeup Hydra Touch Primer:
- This moisturising face primer is lightweight and makes the skin look and feel refreshing for longer hours
- Infused with skin-loving Centella extract that provides it with outstanding hydrating properties
- It is a 100% vegan formula that does not contain paraben, sulphate, or any other harmful chemicals
- Creamy formula
- Suits all skin types
- Value for money
- Not perfect for using alone
7. Waterproof Primers
During the sweat-prone summer months, wearing makeup is a complete waste unless you have a sweat-proof primer by your side. If you are someone who wears makeup round the clock, such a primer can do wonders for you. It not only enhances the stay of your makeup but also keeps it fresh for longer, preventing the need for touch-ups. Here are some of the best waterproof primers that we found for you.
Bellina Oil Free Base Primer
Whether you’re going for a natural matte look or a full-fledged H.D. makeup, a waterproof pore-minimising primer like the Bellina Face Primer is a must for you. Its oil-free formula is extremely lightweight and does not make your makeup look cakey, even when worn for long hours. Applying this primer provides an instant matte finish and makes your face ready for a full-fledged makeup look.
Prominent Features of the Bellina Oil Free Base Primer:
- It is a paraben and sulphate-free primer that ensures complete safety of your face and a long-lasting effect
- This primer is ideal for normal to oily skin types that gives a demi-matte finish with invisible coverage
- Bellina waterproof primer has a long-lasting smooth, silky matte effect with a mild fragrance for a better user experience
- Provides a pore refining mattifying base while hydrating the skin and providing the glow for smooth makeup application
- Smoothen out skin surface
- Mild soothing fragrance
- Non-sticky formula
- Suitable for compacts as well as under eyeshadows
- Adds a subtle glow
- It is not great for extremely oily skin
N’LFÉ Nelf waterproof Matte Face Primer
A waterproof primer which is just what you need to make your last longer is N’LFÉ Face Primer. It is an incredible makeup product that gives a hydrating look and adds a glow while reviving the skin. Applying this primer provides the base that can make your makeup last longer, even in a hot and humid environment. So, get this primer and enjoy a perfect waterproof base.
Prominent Features of the N’LFÉ Nelf waterproof Matte Face Primer:
- It is soft creamy in texture that glides easily onto the skin and works great, especially for dry skin
- Comes in a translucent glass bottle that looks pleasing and has a pump dispenser on the top for easy application
- The primer has a thin gel texture that blurs the pores and imperfections and provides a smooth base
- This budget-friendly primer has no fragrance, which makes it suitable even for sensitive nose
- Blur out pores
- Lightweight and blendable formula
- Reduces fine line wrinkles
- Doesn’t cause any breakouts
- The glass bottle is not travel-friendly
Swiss Beauty Pearl Primer
Swiss Beauty is a prominent name in the glamour world that is highly known for selling quality beauty products at an affordable price. It is a radiance-boosting, oil-free formula that covers all the imperfections and provides a dewy, waterproof base. This long-lasting waterproof formula blends well into the skin and provides a seamless finish for an excellent makeup base that does not wash off with water or sweat.
Prominent Features of the Swiss Beauty Pearl Primer:
- It minimises the size and appearance of the pores while giving your skin a luminous glow
- The primer has a lightweight formula that glides seamlessly and provides instant brightness to your skin
- This silky texture gives dull skin a boost and minimises the prominence of pores and fine lines for transforming the skin surface
- Provides a soft, smooth base that is perfect for putting on layers of makeup without hurting the skin
- Seamless application
- Defeats dullness
- Offers flawless base
- Provides luminous glow
- It does not provide a full coverage
Makeup primers will be your new best friend when it comes to keeping your makeup in place. They will enhance your look, obscure your pores, even out skin tone, remove wrinkles, let your makeup last longer, and offer a lot more benefits. While all the primers mentioned on the list work effectively, you must pick the one as per your skin type and preference.
Which primer is best for daily use?
Choice of the best primer depends on your skin type. However, lightweight primers work for a majority of people. Being light in weight offers a bare skin feeling and helps makeup stay longer. Also, it is a perfect choice for hot summer days to enjoy makeup without making it look cakey.
Is aloe vera a good primer?
Yes, aloe vera is a good primer for the face. It is hydrating and pore-refining that helps to soothe redness, control oil, and fight acne and breakouts. Applying it before makeup helps it stay intact for long hours.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
CashKaro has a team of highly qualified, experienced researchers who spend hours researching and finding the best products for you. We compare and test products on different factors and unbiased customer reviews. In this blog, we tested primers on factors like skin type, concerns, formula, consistency, ingredients, and packaging.