Table of Contents
There are 4 Different types of Air Conditioners. You can select an AC depending on number of factors like room space, usage, capacity and others. Each type of AC has its own advantage. This ultimate guide helps you understand the advantages and usage of all 4 types of air conditioners.
Major Types of Air-Conditioners Available in Market
1) Window Air Conditioners:
- Limited to use in a single room.
- Ideal for small rooms without more than 1 window.
- Can be installed into window space and no need for extra outdoor space like split AC.
- It comes with one unit and can be installed very easily.
- These are comparatively cheaper than Split AC.
- Capacity Range is from 0.75 to 2 Ton.
- Inbuilt Dust filter to control small particles.
2) Portable Air Conditioners:
- Easy to set up and no need for installation.
- Ideal for small rooms without windows.
- Can be moved from one room to another room easily.
- It takes up the floor space.
- These are not as good as window/Split AC and are costlier also.
- They are noisier than window ACs.
- They consume more energy when compared to Window AC.