Table of Contents
Most of the people don’t usually know what a mild shampoo is and how to recognize or classify one. However, when asked to our audience which mild shampoo do they use if they use one. They mention “Dove” which in fact is not really a mild shampoo. Dove is not harsh either, though it’s milder than most of the shampoos available in the market.
Also Read: Benefits of Suplhate Free Shampoo
What Is A Mild Shampoo?
Mild Shampoo means a shampoo which cleanses your hair effectively but is mild in treatment to your scalp and hair without damaging it or stripping out natural oils from your hair.
“Mild” can have different meanings depending on the factors that people are treating for
- Shampoo that should not irritate skin or scalp.
- Shampoos that won’t break your fine hair OR help the damaged hair.
- Mild Shampoos that lather well and cleanses the scalp.
Depending on the above factors, you can buy a mild shampoo of your choice.
Check out our 5 Best Mild Shampoo In India Recommendations.
What Should You Look For In A Mild Shampoo?
There are so many detergents or cleansers used in a shampoo. A mild shampoo can only be mild if it has hair conditioning agents. Make sure to look for the ingredients as mentioned below
- Polymers such as Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride
- Guar Gum or Guar
- Polyquaternium – 7/10/11/44 any of the code numbers will do good.
- Quaternium 8o
- Natural Oils or Essential Oils
- Botanical extracts
- Supplements like Vitamin E, D or
NOTE: We recommend you prefer organic or herbal shampoos over regular ones.
Check Out: Best Scalp Shampoos
Important Things To Consider While Buying
Shampoo should not contain SLS or SLES. Although Laureth is still better than Lauryl but prefers to not to use any sort of Sulphates.
- It should not contain any Parabens or Preservatives as well.
- It should not even contain sulphonates.
- Ensure it does not have Sodium C14-16 or C12-14
- Silicones should be avoided to minimize the risk of long-term hair damage.
Mild Shampoo – Important Questions Answered
Q. What are the mild shampoos to get silk and frizz free hair?
A. For a mild shampoo the important properties are to clean and condition hair. It should also contain natural ingredient which are less harmful. For this purpose Patanjali and Himalaya shampoos are good to go.
Similar Stories You Should Read
- Best Herbal Shampoos in India
- Best Organic Shampoos in India
- Best Dry Scalp Shampoos in India
- Best Shampoos for Scalp in India