Even the most basic skincare routine is incomplete without a good face scrub. Exfoliating your face with a face scrub removes the build-up of dead skin cells, dirt, and oil, and thus your skin is restored to its clean, smooth, and glowing self. This step is essentially important if you have oily skin. Excessive oil accumulation otherwise leads to the formation of blackheads and pimples. To help you choose from a sea of options, we have enlisted the best brands of face scrubs for oily skin. From splurge-worthy to reasonably priced, we have listed it all here.
|Our Top Recommendations||Best Prices on Amazon|
|mCaffeine Coffee Tan Removal Face Scrub||Check Prices|
|Mamaearth Charcoal Face Scrub||Check Prices|
|Neutrogena Deep Clean Scrub||Check Prices|
How Do We Choose the Best Face Scrubs for You?
Face scrubs can help your face rest and regenerate after a day of exposure to stress and pollution. Exfoliating your skin is a wonderful skincare step. In India, good quality face scrub costs anywhere between Rs 150 and Rs 500. Before you go through our suggestions of the best face scrubs for oily skin that are available in India, we would love it if you first go through the factors that we took into consideration while deciding on the best products for you.
Type of Skin
The first thing you should look into while buying a face scrub is the kind of skin you have. If you have oily skin, get a face scrub with floral or fruit extracts. Fruit or flower extracts can help clear up acne by opening skin pores. Such face scrubs will help you achieve the smooth skin that you want. Also, look for ingredients like salicylic acid, coffee, charcoal, oatmeal, tea tree, or green tea, as they help in drawing out impurities.
We recommend that you go over the ingredients list while purchasing a face scrub for yourself. There are a few common ingredients that will increase the effectiveness of your face scrub.
Jojoba Beads: Jojoba beads have a soft, non-abrasive texture. They are not overly rough since they are smooth, spherical, and polished. Additionally, jojoba beads are also ecologically friendly.
Bamboo Powder: Another excellent alternative for a mild scrub is bamboo powder. It is made from the bamboo plant’s stem and is effective in reducing excessive sebum and soothing the skin.
Sugar and Salt: Salt and sugar granules both melt together when placed in water, making them excellent mild solvents. But even with this, always keep in mind that smaller grains are preferable.
Additionally, stay away from harmful substances like sulphates, SLS, alcohol, and fragrances. They are detrimental to your skin.
We recommend that you use a mild physical exfoliator, especially if you have sensitive skin. But how can you tell whether a scrub is soft enough to use on your face? Rub the product on the back of your hand to find out. Avoid applying it to your face if it feels itchy and rough.
List of 16 Best Face Scrubs for Oily Skin
On this page:
- 1. mCaffeine Coffee Tan Removal Face Scrub
- 2. Mamaearth Charcoal Face Scrub
- 3. Neutrogena Deep Clean Scrub
- 4. Plum Green Tea Gentle Revival Face Scrub
- 5. Biotique Tea Tree Skin Clearing Face Scrub
- 6. Pond’s Bright Beauty Face Scrub
- 7. L’Oreal Paris Scrub
- 8. The Moms Co. Natural Green Tea Face Scrub
- 9. Everyuth Naturals Exfoliating Walnut Scrub
- 10. Khadi Natural Ayurvedic Rose and Apricot Walnut Facial Scrub
- 11. Himalaya Herbals Gentle Exfoliating Walnut Scrub
- 12. Lotus Botanicals Baking Soda Deep Cleansing Face Scrub
- 13. Lakme Sun Expert De Tan Scrub
- 14. St. Ives Face Scrub
- 15. Nivea Skin Refining Face Scrub
- 16. Pilgrim Face Scrub
- Which face scrub is good for oily skin?
- Is coffee scrub good for oily face?
- Is lemon good for oily skin?
- How to get rid of oily skin naturally?
1. mCaffeine Coffee Tan Removal Face Scrub
MCaffeine specialises in personal care products that are enriched with handpicked and natural ingredients. They have explored the potential of coffee beans in beauty and body care products. The Naked and Raw Coffee Face scrub houses walnut grains and coffee beans that will help in the gentle exfoliation of the facial skin. By scrubbing away impurities, blackheads, pollutants, and dead skin cells, this face scrub gives your skin a fresh, clean look.
Prominent Features of the mCaffeine Coffee Tan Removal Face Scrub:
- Removes dead skin, pollutants, and tan with its fine-sized coffee and walnut particles
- The exfoliation scrub gives off a pure Arabica coffee scent that will have you wanting more
- Also enriched with Hibiscus, Argan Oil, Vitamin E, and Caramel that keep your skin moisturised and add elasticity
- Hydrates the skin
- Provides exfoliation
- Vegan and natural
- Free from parabens and SLS
Why We Picked the mCaffeine Coffee Tan Removal Face Scrub?
Made with care, mCaffeine is an FDA-approved and cruelty-free brand. The company has designed face washes, scrubs, and soaps, for both men and women. Their products are clinically tested and free from SLS and parabens. The coffee face scrub contains a lot of antioxidants and is a natural source of caffeine.
2. Mamaearth Charcoal Face Scrub
Mamaearth is a Made Safe certified brand that makes natural products with botanical extracts. Their massive range of hair care, body care, and beauty products is free from artificial fragrances, SLS, and parabens. All their products undergo rigorous testing to ensure quality. The Mamaearth Charcoal face scrub is suitable for all skin types and is a dermatologically tested product. It pairs together mild granular Walnut beads, Tea Tree, and Activated Charcoal to gently unclog pores to restore soft, supple, and clean skin.
Prominent Features of the Mamaearth Charcoal Face Scrub:
- Works effectively to remove dirt, toxins, pollutants, and microbes from the skin surface that clog pores and cause pimples
- By gently rubbing the scrub on your face and neck, you’ll increase blood flow, get rid of dead skin cells, and get a radiant complexion
- This face scrub is dermatologically tested and does not disturb the pH levels of your skin
- Made from natural ingredients
- Gently exfoliates
- Removes dead skin cells
Why We Picked the Mamaearth Charcoal Face Scrub?
Mamaearth is a skincare brand that is trusted by families all over India. The Mamaearth Charcoal Face Scrub removes pore-clogging bacteria, pollutants, and debris. The face scrub has excellent detoxifying advantages, including absorbing extra oil and thoroughly cleansing pores.
If you’re looking for more scrubs, especially for blackheads, check out our list of the best scrubs to get some much-needed help.
3. Neutrogena Deep Clean Scrub
Neutrogena has been a pioneer in skincare products when it comes to oily and acne-prone skin. Their revolutionary scrubs, face washes, sunscreens, moisturisers, and lotions are tailor-made for oily skin – thanks to their oil-free and non-comedogenic formula. The Neutrogena Deep Clean Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub permeates your skin layers and goes deep into the pores to remove dead skin cells and blackheads. It strips off excess oil and dirt to give a cleaner look.
Prominent Features of the Neutrogena Deep Clean Scrub:
- This scrub hosts the power of Cedarwood extract to maintain the natural oil and water balance that prevents the formation of blackheads
- Penetrates deep into pores and removes dead skin cells that contribute to the removal of blackheads
- Suitable for all skin types, this scrub can be used by both men and women
- Exfoliates skin effectively while being gentle
- Penetrates deep into pores to remove dead skin cells
- Keeps pores healthy and clean
Why We Picked the Neutrogena Deep Clean Scrub?
The Neutrogena Deep Clean Scrub is dermatologist tested and has an oil-free formula. The face scrub stops new blackheads from growing for skin that is clear and healthy-looking.
4. Plum Green Tea Gentle Revival Face Scrub
Plum is a beauty brand that has brought a huge range of bath, body and cosmetic products. From hair masks to face cleansers and facial oils, they have it all. The Plum Green Tea Revival Face Scrub is free from soap and contains cellulose beads and green tea extracts in a gel-cream-based texture. This scrub brings you one step closer to having skin free of pimples because of its green tea base and gel-cream texture.
Prominent Features of the Plum Green Tea Gentle Revival Face Scrub:
- Designed for oily and acne-prone skin, this scrub removes blackheads and cleans your pores gently without affecting your skin
- Glycolic acid and cellulose beads help you achieve glowing, clear skin by clearing all debris and impurities from the pores
- This face scrub is free from mineral oils and parabens and can be used in all seasons
- Rich in antioxidants
- Free from mineral oil, SLS and parabens
Why We Picked the Plum Green Tea Gentle Revival Face Scrub?
Don’t you wish you could discover the best face scrub that could properly remove dirt from your pores without triggering acne? Plum gives you exactly that. This brand makes 100% vegan, cruelty-free products. They are an eco-conscious brand, and its products come in recyclable packaging.
5. Biotique Tea Tree Skin Clearing Face Scrub
Founded in 1992, Biotique has grown to be synonymous with skin and hair care solutions developed by Ayurveda. Its products are all-natural and organically pure, with no animal testing involved. The Biotique Tea Tree face scrub is infused with tea tree oils extracted from the foothills of the Himalayan ranges. This face scrub exfoliates your skin and removes dead cells and impurities.
Prominent Features of the Biotique Tea Tree Skin Clearing Face Scrub:
- With antibacterial and anti-inflammatory characteristics, the face scrub is suitable for oily and blemished skin
- Removes impurities and dead skin cells gently to leave behind a finish that is clean, shiny-free, and smooth
- Additionally, the face scrub helps reduce blemishes and keeps a check on oil control
- Organic and natural
- Antibacterial properties
- Removes excess oil from the face
- Vegan and cruelty-free
Why We Picked the Biotique Tea Tree Skin Clearing Face Scrub?
The goal of Biotique is to provide clients with a variety of natural beauty products that are efficient and ethically produced. It is a 100% vegan brand, and its products are free from preservatives. Even the packaging is eco-friendly and recyclable.
6. Pond’s Bright Beauty Face Scrub
Since 1846, Pond’s has been designing products that satisfy evolving skincare needs and concerns. It optimally utilises resources for modern-day skincare problems. The Pond’s White Beauty Facial Scrub is specially formulated with tan-solve beads and brightening cream moisturiser to remove the daily tan and dark spots, giving your skin a bright clear appearance.
Prominent Features of the Pond’s Bright Beauty Face Scrub:
- This face scrub is clinically proven to remove dark spots and improve skin tone, leaving your skin oil-free and bright after every wash
- It is gentle on the skin yet extremely effective on the deeper cellular level
- Pond’s face scrub for oily skin illuminates skin tone as well as cleanses the underlying dirt particles
- Removes blackheads and dead skin cells
- Helps in removing sun tan
- Eliminates dirt and pollutants
- Gives even skin tone
7. L’Oreal Paris Scrub
Founded in 1909, L’Oreal is one of the most esteemed beauty brands in the world. This French cosmetics company holds a reputation for being one of the most popular brands when it comes to beauty and skincare products. The L’Oreal Paris White Perfect Anti Dullness scrub hosts exfoliating beads to remove dead cells and unclog pores. It removes all the dirt and grime to reveal a more radiant complexion.
Prominent Features of the L’Oreal Paris Scrub:
- Exfoliates the skin instantly and gently unclogs pores to reveal a complexion that is more luminous
- The strong exfoliating beads in the face scrub improve skin tone by reducing apparent pores and refining the skin
- Gently removes dead skin cells for brighter, glowing skin
- Exfoliates instantly
- Reduces dark spots
- Unclogs pores
- May make skin dry
Looking for the best kinds of face scrubs? Here is our ultimate guide for you.
8. The Moms Co. Natural Green Tea Face Scrub
The Moms Co. is a Made Safe and Allergen free certified brand created with experts from India, Australia and Switzerland. Their range of beauty and cosmetic products brings safe and natural products specially curated for babies and mothers. The Moms Co. Natural Green Tea Tree face scrub is a powerhouse of antioxidants teeming with green tea and tagua nut powder that control the production of sebum and prevent the stay of pollutants on your skin.
Prominent Features of The Moms Co. Natural Green Tea Face Scrub:
- The presence of aloe vera enhances skin hydration and leaves it feeling smooth and fresh
- The vitamin C and niacinamide in this scrub work together to reduce dark spots and stimulate the production of collagen
- Additionally, the face scrub facilitates pore-clearing and lessens pore visibility
- The face scrub is free from silicones, mineral oils, parabens, synthetic fragrances, and toxins
- Moisturises the skin
- Regulates excess sebum and acne
- Decreases the visibility of pores
- Helps in opening clogged pores
- The solution of the face scrub may be runny
9. Everyuth Naturals Exfoliating Walnut Scrub
Zydus Wellness offers a wide range of skincare products under the brand name Everyuth Naturals. The products harness the goodness of natural ingredients that are known for their efficacy and skin-nurturing properties. Everyuth Naturals Walnut Scrub is suitable for all skin types. It houses coarse walnut shell pieces that help in stripping away dead skin cells and blackheads.
Prominent Features of the Everyuth Naturals Exfoliating Walnut Scrub:
- The Nano Multi-Vita in the scrub keeps your skin rejuvenated and nourished
- Deep pore cleaning action aids in eliminating pollutants that cause blackheads
- The skin becomes smoother and more attractive as a result of being nourished and revitalised
- Exfoliates impurities and dead skin cells
- Nourishes the skin
- Makes skin clear and gorgeous
- Removes blackheads and whiteheads
- Not easy to wash off
10. Khadi Natural Ayurvedic Rose and Apricot Walnut Facial Scrub
This brand covers a total of 18 states and 35 authorised distributors all over India. The Khadi Natural Face Scrub comply with WHO, GMP, and ISO standards. The products are manufactured under the guidance of qualified Ayurvedic doctors and boast herbal active ingredients.
Prominent Features of the Khadi Natural Ayurvedic Rose and Apricot Walnut Facial Scrub:
- The small list of ingredients of this face scrub includes rose, apricot, walnut and shea butter
- The face scrub removes dead skin cells and fades blemishes and pigmentation
- Additionally, it also offers protection from itchiness and dullness
- Exfoliates dead skin cells
- Helps in uncovering fresh and radiant skin
- Gives life to dull and tired skin
Also Read:- 20 Best Brands of Face Wash for Daily Use
11. Himalaya Herbals Gentle Exfoliating Walnut Scrub
Himalaya was founded with a vision to bring Ayurveda to society in a contemporary form. Started in 1930, this company offers a wide array of personal care products that are gentle, effective and safe for long-term use. Dermatologically tested and non-comedogenic, Himalaya Herbals Gentle Exfoliating Walnut Scrub pairs crab apple and walnut shell powder. The crab apple extracts ward off free radical damage, and the walnut shell powder eliminates dead skin cells to restore the natural skin complexion.
Prominent Features of the Himalaya Herbals Gentle Exfoliating Walnut Scrub:
- Dead skin cells are removed from the skin by the face scrub to get rid of contaminants that regular cleaning cannot
- The scrub contains wheatgerm oil that keeps your skin nourished
- Additionally, this 100% herbal facial foam scrub can be used by both men and women
- Nourishes and moisturises the skin
- Removes blackheads and dead skin cells
- Lessens skin irritation
- Not suitable for sensitive skin
12. Lotus Botanicals Baking Soda Deep Cleansing Face Scrub
One of India’s most popular natural cosmetics companies, Lotus Herbals, was started in 1993. This brand takes pride in offering a blend of ancient wisdom from the Vedas and modern technology. Those who prefer to stick to natural-based and preservative-free products will surely dig this brand.
The Lotus Botanicals Baking Soda Deep Cleansing Face Scrub will help you say goodbye to acne, dull skin, and uneven skin texture. Regular use of this mild but effective exfoliant helps to balance out the tone of your skin by removing impurities from the deepest layers and reducing acne and blackheads.
Prominent Features of the Lotus Botanicals Baking Soda Deep Cleansing Face Scrub:
- This face scrub from Lotus Botanicals gently exfoliates and eliminates dull and dead skin
- The mild but effective mixture minimises acne and eliminates pollutants from the skin’s deepest layers
- Includes baking soda that clears clogged pores, prevents acne from reappearing, and leaves skin spotless
- Gently exfoliates skin
- Removes impurities
- Maintains clean and even skin tone
13. Lakme Sun Expert De Tan Scrub
Lakme is by far the most popular Indian cosmetics brand. It specialises in a wide array of skincare and beauty products. The Lakme Sun Expert De Tan Scrub is suitable for all skin types. It is gentle on the skin and cleans dirt and impurities, and dead skin cells without causing dryness.
Prominent Features of the Lakme Sun Expert De Tan Scrub:
- Formulated with 100% Natural Walnut Exfoliant and Oatmeal Extract, the face scrub reduces tan while being gentle on the skin
- Rejuvenates skin and adds shine with regular use
- The face scrub aids in deep pore cleaning and debris removal
- Dermatologist tested
- Exfoliates skin gently
- Reduces sun tan
14. St. Ives Face Scrub
St. Ives is a cruelty-free brand of natural moisturisers and exfoliants. Their products are made from the extracts of real fruits like apricots, walnuts, and coconuts and house the antioxidant power of green tea. Give your oily skin a radiant glow with this 100% natural exfoliating face scrub by St. Ives. This scrub is dermatologically tested, non-comedogenic, and oil-free.
Prominent Features of the St. Ives Face Scrub:
- Containing 100% walnut shell and apricot, this scrub deep cleans and offers an instant glow
- This face scrub from St. Ives instantly exposes the natural brightness of the skin by gently exfoliating it
- Moreover, the face scrub is hypoallergenic and free from parabens
- Made using organic ingredients
- Dermatologist-tested and cruelty-free
- Free from parabens and oils
- Contains SLS and alcohol
15. Nivea Skin Refining Face Scrub
Founded over 100 years ago, Nivea is known for developing numerous innovative skincare products that are trusted by millions of people all across the globe. Headquartered in Hamburg, this company works with over 50 institutions around the world to ensure that its products are suitable for your skin. Nivea Skin Refining Face Scrub face scrub for oily skin energises and revitalises skin tone for a vibrant fresh look.
Prominent Features of the Nivea Skin Refining Face Scrub:
- This face scrub by Nivea removes dead skin cells to exfoliate fully
- Vitamin E and lotus blossom nourish the skin’s surface for a uniform complexion
- The face scrub preserves the natural moisture balance of the skin
- Hydrates the skin
- Provides even skin tone
- Gentle on the skin
- May have a very mild texture
16. Pilgrim Face Scrub
The premium volcanic lava facial scrub from Pilgrim is an elixir proven to remove dead skin cells, undesirable tan, and blackheads. You will definitely appreciate the exfoliation process because of its distinctive texture and energising scent. Blood circulation is improved as a result, which enhances collagen formation. Additionally, higher collagen levels provide radiant skin that glows naturally.
Prominent Features of the Pilgrim Face Scrub:
- The gentle exfoliation and polishing action of this all-natural face scrub encourages healthy, vibrant, and clean skin
- This face scrub is specially crafted to detoxify and promote glowing skin
- Provides effective natural peeling while reviving, renewing, and softening skin
- Made from natural ingredients
- Cleanses deeply
- Keeps skin fresh
Given how crucial a face scrub is, you should now be able to choose the one that is ideal for your skin. Based on our research, mCaffeine Coffee Tan Removal Face Scrub, Mamaearth Charcoal Face Scrub, and Neutrogena Deep Clean Scrub are our top picks for the best face scrubs in India for oily skin. We also considered factors like the type of skin, composition, and mildness while making our recommendations. We would like to know which one worked out best for you.
Which face scrub is good for oily skin?
If you are looking for a face scrub for oily skin, The Neutrogena Deep Clean Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub should be your pick. It permeates your skin layers and goes deep into the pores to remove dead skin cells and blackheads. It strips off excess oil and dirt to give a cleaner look. This oil-free non-comedogenic product does not clog pores. Moreover, it is powered by Cedarwood extract to maintain the natural oil and water balance that prevents the formation of blackheads in the first place.
Is coffee scrub good for oily face?
What if we say your morning caffeine fix can also be a solution to clean skin? Yes, you heard it right! Coffee scrubs have taken the cosmetic and beauty industry by storm – thanks to their abundant benefits. Coffee grounds are full of antioxidant properties, and their rough texture makes for the perfect exfoliating medium. The anti-inflammatory properties of coffee will help reduce acne outbreaks by keeping your skin clear and free from blackheads, dirt and grime. If you are looking for one, MCaffeine has the best coffee scrubs and body care products.
Is lemon good for oily skin?
When life gives you lemons, use them on your skin. Lemons have a well-earned place in DIY skincare remedies, and rightly so. This tiny sour fruit is rich in Vitamin C and works wonderfully well for all skin types. Lemon acts as a natural astringent and reduces the oil on your skin. Its anti-inflammatory properties prevent pimple breakouts on your skin by removing dead skin cells and microbes from your skin surface.
Mix equal parts of lemon juice and water and soak cotton in this solution. Dab it on your face. Let it sit for 10 minutes. Rinse thereafter. with warm water and pat dry.
How to get rid of oily skin naturally?
Oily skin is a result of excess secretion of sebum caused by several underlying factors. While genetics and hormones do play a role, blocking sebum production at the root isn’t possible by natural means. However, you can manage to steer clear of excess oil on your skin by resorting to some natural remedies.
1. Wash your face frequently with non-comedogenic oil-free washes and soaps
2. Apply lemon juice
3. Apply aloe vera gel
4. Choose water-based, non-comedogenic, oil-free products
5. Use DIY masks of honey and oatmeal
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Highly seasoned and qualified researchers at CashKaro work hard to supply you with the greatest market advice accessible online. To build a list of products you can trust, we examine numerous products and compare them based on a range of characteristics. We hope our recommendations of the best face scrubs for oily skin have helped you out in making an informed judgement.