As the air quality drops year after year, wearing an air pollution mask has become more important than ever. So, if you feel a little overwhelmed with the weather reports and projections, wearing the right pollution mask is the way ahead. The best air pollution mask shields you from most of the harmful particles that could result in short-term and long-term health hazards. Here’s a look at the best air pollution mask brands in the market that will keep you protected from germs, dust, and pollution.
Our Top Recommendations
How Do We Choose the Best Air Pollution Mask Brands for You?
Anti-pollution masks may be a big help in protecting yourself from the growing pollution levels in crowded metro areas. In India, a good quality air pollution mask costs anywhere between Rs 200 to Rs 600. Before you jump into our recommendations of the best air pollution mask brands available in India, we suggest you go through the factors that helped us decide on the best products for you.
Type of Mask
Finding the best anti-air pollution mask might be difficult since there are so many options, from little gas masks to basic surgical masks. You may start by assessing the pollution levels in your location and choose N-99, N-95, or N-100 masks. As its name implies, N-95 masks will shield you from 95% of all pollutants and fine particulates. On the other hand, N-99 masks will provide you with a greater degree of protection and shield you from 99% of all common pollutants.
Make sure your air mask fits over your lips, chin, and nose without any gaps. This is very important since a bad fit may enable dangerous pollutants to leak into your mask, negating all the benefits of your mask. In order to prevent problems like a bad fit, we recommend you use masks with adjustable straps.
Heavy-duty masks with big air intake valves are preferable for active people who like outdoor runs and jogs. This is because such masks are better adapted to manage higher amounts of air and wetness. We recommend that you look for masks with activated carbon filters, which may aid in absorbing germs, viruses, and unpleasant odours.
List of 11 Best Air Pollution Masks to Stay Protected
Boldfit N95 protects against dust and allergens lingering in your breathing space. They are made with a 5-layer filtration system. Its lightweight cotton build with an elastic loop ensures your skin stays fresh even after hours of wear. One of the best air pollution masks out there, these masks are tested by a third party for quality purposes.
Prominent Features of the Boldfit Mask:
- The protective face masks from Boldfit have ultrasonically sealed, very flexible, soft elastic earloops
- The Boldfit N95 Face Mask provides defence against contaminants, including dust, allergies, haze, and splattering liquids
- Constructed of reusable cotton and infused with activated carbon qualities to keep the skin fresh
- Prevents viruses from entering the mask from any side
- Flexible and soft earloops
- Breathable and comfortable for everyday use
Why We Picked the Boldfit Mask?
The Boldfits N95 pollution mask is made with numerous layers of filters that work together to guarantee that the air you are inhaling is 95% free of dust and other pollutants. Since Boldfits N95 masks have a lower level of breathing resistance than the majority of other anti-pollution masks, you may wear them for extended periods of time without experiencing any suffocation.
Next up on our list of the best air pollution masks is this reusable mask by Luzuliyo. These CE-certified masks are breathable and light with an elastic ear loop for a comfortable fit. The activated carbon filters provide 95% filtration of dust, pollen, and smoke. It also reduces the buildup of heat and moisture.
Prominent Features of the Luzuliyo Mask:
- Offers efficient protection against obtrusive amounts of organic vapours
- The inner panel’s soft cover web feels soft and comfortable on the skin
- Allows you to breathe properly and provides dust and weather protection
- Light and breathable
- Exhalation valve lessens the accumulation of heat and moisture
- Comfortable and soft
Why We Picked the Luzuliyo Mask?
The Luzuliyo Face Mask is a reusable particulate respirator that is intended to give dependable respiratory protection against certain non-oil-based particles with at least 95% filtering effectiveness. This respirator is designed to be used while doing dusty tasks like grinding, sanding, sweeping, sawing, bagging, or other similar activities. Moreover, it has a chin fold design that adds to the comfort.
Launched in 2014, OxiClear N99 masks are designed with an advanced filter system that provides protection from particles as small as 0.3 microns. This mask is made of premium quality organic brushed cotton with an adjustable nose pin and ear loops. It can be washed an unlimited number of times. Tested by DRDO to achieve 99.46% particle filtration efficiency, these air pollution masks are one of our favourites.
Prominent Features of the OxiClear Mask:
- Protect your lungs with the OxiClear Mask against diseases brought on by invasive particles that have terrible effects
- Additionally, OxiClear filters are better at stopping the natural accumulation of germs that might happen over time
- The air valve is protected by a 5-layer replacement filter and effectively facilitates the escape of CO2 and moisture from the inside of the mask
- Adjustable ear loops for a comfortable fit
- Can be washed and reused
- Reduce the amount of breathing in dangerous air pollutants
Why We Picked the OxiClear Mask?
Oxiclear offers a mask that looks wonderful while providing the finest protection against airborne infections and particles as tiny as 0.3 microns. The washable mask from OxiClear is an affordable and environmentally responsible solution to protect oneself.
Featuring a comfortable head strap, these breathable masks are a smart pick when it comes to the best air pollution masks. They have a 9-layer filtration – with 5 layers of linen and 4 layers of PM 2.5 filters. Additionally, they are great when it comes to moisture absorption and keeping away static.
Prominent Features of the PureMe Mask:
- Ideal for every season since it is highly breathable and moisture-absorbing
- By guaranteeing that even the smallest dust particles and contaminants are filtered out, the PureMe Face Mask offers the highest level of security.
- After every wash, these linen masks from PureMe become softer and more absorbent
- Free of static and pilling issues
- Washable and reusable
- Made from premium quality linen
- Quality of head straps can be improved
Why We Picked the PureMe Mask?
The PureMe Mask comes with a 9-layer filtration, and each wash makes it soft and silky. Additionally, the masks feature a head strap for a comfortable fit all day long.
Made with organic cotton, these masks by Lioncrown are tested by the Government of India to deliver 97% filtration of PM 2.5 particles. Ergonomically designed with an adjustable nose clip and skin-friendly elastic ear loops, these masks come with the promise of minimal eyewear fogging. These reusable and washable masks last for up to 340 hours of usage.
Prominent Features of the LionCrown Mask:
- The N95-certified outdoor anti-pollution masks from Lioncrown provide protection from germs and viruses
- Elastic ear loops that are soft and adjustable for added comfort
- All of the fabric in the mask is water resistant, and it can be hand washed or cleaned with a damp cloth to restore it to new condition
- Adjustable nose clip and ear loops for comfort
- Minimal fogging of eyewear
- Five-layer filtering system
Why We Picked the LionCrown Mask?
N95-certified masks from Lioncrown Outdoor combine safety and style. For particle filtering, all the masks come with sophisticated carbon-activated filters. The masks shield users from germs and pollution by removing particles using a sophisticated layering system.
3M is an American multinational company which was founded in 1902. They produce over 55,000 products, such as healthcare software, optical films, passive fire protection, personal protective equipment, and more. Their respiratory protection products are widely used. The 3M Face Mask filters PM 2.5 particulate matter, which, if inhaled, may block the arteries and, in extreme cases, cause a heart attack.
Prominent Features of the 3M Mask:
- The face mask from 3M features a nose clip to close the lips and nose
- Pollution-reducing exhalation valve prevents pollutants from entering the mask
- The self-closing valve of the 3M Mask provides protection and lets you breathe comfortably
- Comfortable fit
- Filters air containing pollutants
You may also like to read: The Best 3-Ply Face Masks for Optimum Protection
Venus Safety and Health Pvt. Limited is a Mumbai-based manufacturer of personal protective equipment. Their respiratory protective range of devices includes half masks, full masks, particulate filtering masks, and more. Venus N-95 pollution mask is NIOSH certified and filters up to 95% particulate matter. The use of special adjustable beads allows for the best possible protection and comfort while wearing the mask.
Prominent Features of the Venus Mask:
- The use of superior high-technology filter media with an electrostatic charge and microfine fibres may assist protect against solid and liquid aerosol particles without an oil basis
- Filtering design that folds flat universally covers a significant portion of the face and is lightweight
- Features an internal adjustable high tensile strength metal nose clip for improved fit
- Flat folding style
- Simple to store
- Maximum protection and comfort are provided by adjusters
Honeywell International Inc. is an American multinational company founded in 1906. The company has set a benchmark when it comes to personal protective equipment. They have been tackling the field of respiratory protection for over 100 years now. Honeywell is one of the most trusted brands when it comes to N95 Air Masks. These masks can filter up to 95% of PM 2.5 particulate matter.
Prominent Features of the Honeywell Mask:
- The Honeywell Mask has a design with an ear loop so that you can wear it quickly
- This N-95 mask from Honeywell includes nose foam for comfort while wearing glasses
- You can wear the Honeywell Face Mask during hot weather as it is comfortable and breathable
- Flat fold style for simple storage
- Provides up to 95% filtering effectiveness
- Compatible to be worn with glasses
Developed to provide safety when breathing, the Asgard Face Mask is composed of non-woven cloth. The face mask has a weight of 75 GSM and is unisex.
Prominent Features of the Asgard Mask:
- Features an ultra-stretchable elastic so that mask can be used comfortably
- The outer layer of the mask is water-resistant and can be washed
- The Asgard Mask is suitable for outdoor commuting, cycling, biking, and more
- Comfortable fit
- Suitable for everyday use
This Quarant Face Mask offers great protection thanks to the effectiveness of nanosilver. The activated carbon has an adsorption characteristic that traps dangerous pollutants, toxic gases, and offensive odours in the air. People of all ages may use the elastic spandex ear loops for extended periods of time without discomfort. Additionally, the integrated metal adjustable nose pin ensures a precise fit while allowing for easy breathing.
Prominent Features of the Quarant Mask:
- The ear loops on these masks are constructed of stretchable elastic and are made of soft materials, making them comfortable enough to wear all day
- The Quarant Mask is made with four layers of non-woven, electrostatic melt-blown cloth and activated carbon nanosilver
- The masks are perfect for any situation since they efficiently filter out pollutants, dangerous gases, and unpleasant odours from the air
- Made from stretchable elastic and soft fabric
- Provides a firm and comfortable fit
- Produced in a sterile environment
The Daluci Face Mask aims to provide protection against particulate matter but not without style. The mask is highly efficient and reusable. Featuring 5 layers, the Daluci Face Mask provides protection against dust, allergens, fog, and spattering liquids.
Prominent Features of the Daluci Mask:
- The N95 masks fit snugly to the face and prevent unfiltered air from entering by using an adjustable nasal bridge clasp for improved protection
- The masks are foldable, simple to use, and easy to keep clean
- Lightweight mask with comfortable ear bands for all-day wear
- Can be washed and reused
- Flexible ear loop and nose clip
- Comfortable fit for everyday wear
Also Read: The Ultimate Guide to Buying Face Masks
To maintain your health and welfare, we recommend that you always use anti-pollution masks that fit you comfortably and meet strict filtration and quality criteria. Based on our research, Boldfit, Luzuliyo, OxiClear, and PureMe are our top picks for the best air pollution mask brands in India. While making our recommendations, we also took into consideration factors like the type of mask, comfort, and other features. Let us know which one worked out the best for you!
Which mask is best for air pollution?
The best masks to fight air pollution should ideally provide protection from particles as small as 2.5 microns, including airborne irritants, pathogens, dust and allergens. N95 masks are a great way to shield yourself when stepping out in pollution. Brands like BoldFit and 3M produce high-quality masks on a budget, making them a great option for those living in areas with fluctuating poor air quality levels.
Is a P100 filter better than an N95?
N95 masks are not oil resistant and come with a 95% efficiency against filtering airborne particles. On the other hand, a P100 filter is oilproof and comes with a 99.8 % particle filtration efficiency. While theoretically, P100 filters are supposed to perform better than N95, studies suggest that in the event of an artificial leakage, N95 masks might prove to be more protective than a P100 filter.
Which brand of N99 mask is best?
When it comes to the best N99 masks, 3M is one of the popular choices out there. N99 masks filter out more particulate matter than N95 but with a lesser breathing resistance than N95.
What are the five effects of air pollution on humans?
Heart disease, lung cancer, and respiratory conditions like emphysema are some of the long-term health repercussions of air pollution. Additionally, long-term exposure to air pollution may harm a person’s nerves, brain, kidneys, liver, and other organs.
Do anti-pollution masks work?
Yes, anti-pollution masks filter out harmful pollutants present in the air. In locations where there is a significant danger of exposure to hazardous airborne illnesses, there is strong evidence that masks are very effective against air pollution.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Highly experienced and competent researchers at CashKaro work hard to provide you with the finest market suggestions available online. To create a list of products you can trust, we evaluate various products and compare them based on a variety of factors. We considered the type of mask, comfort, and other aspects while making our recommendations for the best air pollution mask brands in India. We really hope that this list will assist you in reaching an educated conclusion.