When you get hurt or burn yourself, you must always apply an antiseptic cream immediately. This will prevent the occurrence of infection, reduce pain, and soothe inflammation. Whether you have kids or live alone, you cannot do without an antiseptic cream in your medicine kit. If you still haven’t zeroed in on the best antiseptic cream for your family, here are some of the best anti-septic cream brands to choose from.
Our Top Picks :
How Do We Choose the Best Antiseptic Creams for You?
Antiseptic creams are a must-have in a first aid box at home. In India, a good quality antiseptic cream costs anywhere between Rs 40 to Rs 500. Before you jump into our recommendations of the best antiseptic creams available in India, we suggest you go through the factors that helped us decide on the best products for you.
Moisturisers and antibacterial agents are both included in antiseptic creams. They may be applied to any region of skin irritation or an open wound to offer physical comfort while preventing the development of germs and fungi until the skin is able to heal itself. This kind of therapy is often used for small wounds, burns, insect bites, and sunburns.
Aloe vera, an analgesic substance, and zinc are ingredients included in the finest antiseptic lotions. Aloe vera hydrates damaged skin and aids in the healing of open wounds. Gel analgesics relieve burning and irritation by numbing the skin surrounding the wound while healing takes place. Zinc shields exposed, damaged regions from infection.
List of the 12 Top Antiseptic Cream Brands
Himalaya Drug Company was founded by M Manal in 1930. One of the best health and skincare brands in the country, they manufacture some of their best products using Ayurvedic ingredients. The Himalaya antiseptic cream is a safe and viable option for adults as well as kids. It treats cuts, wounds, rashes, burns, and fungal and bacterial skin infections.
Prominent Features of the Himalaya Antiseptic Cream:
- An efficient astringent and antibacterial, sodium biborate speeds up the healing process
- Contains Indian madder, which is an antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and skin-soothing substance
- Also contains almonds and aloe vera that nourish and moisturise your skin
- Cream for irritable and sensitive skin that protects and soothes
- Works on a sensitive areas
- Soothes inflammable skin
- Contains Ayurvedic ingredients
Why We Picked Himalaya Antiseptic Cream?
The natural components included in Himalaya’s soothing cream make it a very effective remedy for cuts, wounds, rashes, burns, and fungus-related skin issues. The astringent qualities aid in the recovery of skin eruptions and irritated sores.
One of India’s most trusted brands, Boroline Antiseptic cream works like magic on your skin. Formulated with Ayurvedic ingredients, Boroline soothes general skin infections, softens post-procedure sutures and stitches, and relieves dryness and itching. It is also effective on minor cuts, burns, and scratches.
Prominent Features of the Boroline Antiseptic Cream:
- The unique antiseptic qualities of Boroline perform wonderfully to treat general skin infections, cuts and wounds, and to repair surgical sutures
- Natural lanolin is added to the unique oil-rich composition of Boroline to protect and soften skin
- Effective also on chapped lips and cracked heels, it is truly the one-stop solution for your skin woes
- Softens skin and heals wounds
- Contains Ayurvedic ingredients
- Moisturises the skin
Why We Picked Boroline Antiseptic Cream?
Boroline’s unique antiseptic properties combat germs. Smooth out any chapped, cracked, and abraded skin as quickly as possible with the Boroline Antiseptic Cream.
BoroPlus is an all-season favourite among Indians. Formulated with the goodness of skin-loving herbs like tulsi, haldi, chandan, neem, and aloe vera, this antiseptic cream doubles up as a cold cream to treat dryness. Suitable for cracked heels, chapped lips, dry elbows and knees, BoroPlus is also effective on minor cuts and scratches.
Prominent Features of the BoroPlus Antiseptic Cream:
- BoroPlus Antiseptic Cream is an Ayurvedic antiseptic cream for skin restoration and healing
- Consists of a combination of priceless herbs and natural oils that protects your skin
- Can be used as a lip care product, night cream, heel healing cream, or antibacterial cream
- Keeps skin supple and protects against chapped, dry skin
- Suitable as a medicinal ointment for all skin types
- Can be used for burns, small wounds, scratches, and cuts
Why We Picked BoroPlus Antiseptic Cream?
One of the most dependable and leading antiseptic creams in India is BoroPlus. As a multipurpose cream, BoroPlus offers the advantages of an antiseptic cream, a winter cream, a moisturiser, a night cream, a heel repairing cream, and a lip balm, an all-in-one product. The cream gives you skin that is softer, smoother, well-moisturised, and deeply nourished.
Bakson’s Homeopathy has a range of medicinal skincare products that are constituted from natural ingredients. The Calendula in the cream has potent anti-inflammatory and moisturising properties that heal damaged and dry skin.
Prominent Features of the Bakson’s Antiseptic Cream:
- Calendula officinalis has powerful anti-inflammatory and hydrating effects, making it a fantastic herb for skin
- The antiseptic cream helps heal, soothe, and soften skin, making it useful for dry or injured skin
- This Aloe Vera Calendula cream works as a great antiseptic in relieving minor cuts and wounds and preventing scarring, burning, and skin ageing
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Made from natural ingredients
- Treats minor wounds and relives burns
Why We Picked Bakson’s Antiseptic Cream?
Bakson’s Antiseptic Cream can be used by men and women of all ages. The cream prevents and protects the skin from scarring, sunburn, and skin ageing. This antibacterial cream works excellently on sensitive skin.
The antibacterial cream from Patanjali is loaded with herbal ingredients and essential oils that are effective against skin irritation. It has aloe vera, tea tree oil, and wheat germ oil. All of these work to calm, hydrate, and protect your skin naturally.moreover, we have curated a list of the best Anti-ageing cream to get you some much-needed help.
Prominent Features of the Patanjali Antiseptic Cream:
- Aids in providing respite from the sun’s harmful effects by protecting you from sunburn
- Naturally makes your skin smooth and aids in skin cell renewal
- This antiseptic cream from Patanjali helps heal small wounds, burns, cuts, and cracked feet
- Prevents skin irritation
- Contains herbal components
- Protects from sunburn
Why We Picked Patanjali Antiseptic Cream?
Patanjali is a well-known brand in India whose products are known for their natural ingredients. The Patanjali Boro Safe Antiseptic Cream is effective against cuts, burns, and small wounds. The cream provides protection to cracked feet and chapped lips as well.
Arish Bio Natural
Arish Bio Natural antiseptic cream carefully chooses natural components to create products with a natural feel. Regular application enhances the appearance of the skin. The antiseptic cream comprises a combination of herbs, turmeric, and natural neem extract, that provides your skin with the hydration it requires.
Prominent Features of the Arish Bio Natural Antiseptic Cream:
- The Arish Bio Natural Antiseptic Cream contains haldi and neem, two natural herbs that have antiseptic properties
- The antiseptic cream is suitable for all skin types and can be applied any time of the day
- Use Arish Bio Natural cream to say goodbye to wrinkles, blackheads, and acne
- Can be used on dry skin, burns, and wounds
- Includes natural oils
- Reduces scars, wrinkles, and fine lines
- Fragrance may be strong
The SKM Jatyadi Ghrta Lepam Ayurvedic Antiseptic cream contains excellent antibacterial, anti-ulcer, anti-microbial, and antiseptic qualities. The cream aids in the treatment of ulcers, eczema, and other skin-related issues. This ayurvedic antiseptic cream is helpful if you have a burn, cut, or wound.
Prominent Features of the SKM Antiseptic Cream:
- The ingredients of the ointment include nutmeg, neem, pointed gourd, and more
- All skin types may use this antiseptic cream because of its natural ingredients, which are also fully allergy-free
- The cream has anti-bacterial properties that heal cuts and wounds and keeps skin moisturised
- Contains natural ingredients
- Suitable for sensitive skin
Naturamore Neem Turmeric Antiseptic Cream has an improved antiseptic formula with antibacterial and antifungal qualities. It aids in healing minor burns, cuts, and wounds naturally.
Prominent Features of the Naturamore Antiseptic Cream:
- The presence of aloe vera, neem, and turmeric reduces bacteria’s ability to reproduce
- A unique Ayurvedic medicine that works well as an antiseptic for skin conditions
- The Naturamore Antiseptic Cream facilitates the natural healing of minor cuts, burns, and wounds
- Reduces the likelihood of infection
- Helps with pigmentation
- Antifungal and anti-bacterial properties
- Might not suit sensitive skin
Based on carefully chosen natural actives, the Greencure Antiseptic Cream has a formulation that promotes healing, inhibits contamination, and improves skin suppleness. This multifunctional cream suits all skin types.
Prominent Features of the Greencure Antiseptic Cream:
- The all-purpose Ayurvedic antiseptic cream works on dry and chapped skin, providing moisturisation
- The cream slows down the germs of infection and aids in the healing process
- Greencure Antiseptic Cream heals chapped skin, scrapes, small burns, and wounds
- Moisturises chapped lips
- Softens brittle heels
- Provides nourishment and makes elbows smooth
Savlon is one of the most commonly used antiseptic brands in India. Savlon was acquired by ITC from Johnson and Johnson in 2015. Savlon Antiseptic Cream is used to clean and prevent infections in skin lesions like small cuts, blisters, and minor burns. The first choice of many Indian mothers, the Savlon Antiseptic cream does not sting or burn and is highly effective in providing first aid.
Prominent Features of the Savlon Antiseptic Cream:
- Savlon Antiseptic Cream aids in cleaning and preventing infection in small wounds
- Used for cleansing and treating a variety of minor skin issues, such as spots and chapped skin
- Helps to generate the best healing conditions for the skin’s healing process and lowers the risk of scarring
- Prevents infection for sores, blisters, and wounds caused by shaving
- Cleans small wounds to help avoid infection
- Treats superficial burns and scalds
Dettol is one of the brands owned by Reckitt Benckiser Group, a British multinational consumer goods company. Along with antiseptic ingredients, it also has almond oil which soothes and moisturises the skin.
Prominent Features of the Dettol Antiseptic Cream:
- The antiseptic cream can be used for cuts, bites, stings, abrasions and even as a hand cream
- The Dettol Antiseptic cream combats infection and aids in avoiding reinfection
- This antiseptic cream from Dettol provides rapid relief, and the effects are long-lasting
- Treats small burns, sunburn, sore lips, and mild skin infections
- Softens chapped hands and rough skin
- Can be used for treating cuts, scratches, and abrasions
A favourite of healthcare professionals across the world, Neosporin antiseptic cream is produced by Johnson and Johnson. Formulated to provide quick pain relief, it can be used on cuts, burns, and other minor skin infections.
Prominent Features of the Neosporin Antiseptic Cream:
- Used to prevent infections in small skin burns, scrapes, and wounds
- By combating the infection-causing germs, it reduces skin infection symptoms such as redness, swelling, and itching
- This antiseptic cream has a non-stingy action that gives you protection from infections for as long as 24 hours
- Fights germs and prevents infection
- Non-stingy formula
- Heals cuts and wounds
We hope our curated list of the best antiseptic cream brands in India has helped you narrow down your search list and find the one most suited to your needs. Based on our research, Himalaya, Boroline, BoroPlus, and Bakson’s are our top picks for the best antiseptic cream brands in India. While making our recommendations, we also took into consideration factors like healing properties and ingredients. Let us know which one worked out the best for you!
Which is the best antiseptic cream in India?
Boroline and Neosporin have grown to become the most sought-after brands for antiseptic creams in India. While the former is a soothing blend of Ayurvedic ingredients that make it extremely skin-friendly and suitable for regular use, the latter has a pain-relieving formula that prevents infections and heals minor injuries quickly.
What is a natural antiseptic?
A variety of antiseptic creams, gels, and lotions are constituted of natural elements that have antimicrobial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties. Ingredients like neem, calendula, tea tree, thyme, and turmeric all act as potent natural antiseptic treatments. While some of them can be used as standalone treatments, others are meant to be used in creams, face packs, or other skincare products.
What is a good over-the-counter antiseptic cream?
Boroline and BoroPlus have the best antiseptic creams that can be bought easily without a doctor’s prescription. They are the most sought-after over-the-counter antiseptic creams due to their multipurpose usage in a range of general skin conditions as well as allergies.
Is antiseptic cream the same as antibiotic cream?
An antiseptic cream is meant to reduce or prevent the occurrence of septic or infection, which can be caused by any sort of microbial agent, like bacteria or fungus, by weakening or inhibiting the growth of these germs. Antibiotic creams, on the other hand, have a targeted bactericidal action to eliminate bacteria by destroying them.
Can I put antiseptic cream on an open wound?
It is not recommended to apply powerful antiseptic solutions like hydrogen peroxide or iodine to open wounds since they may harm nearby tissue. While antiseptic lotions can clean the skin around an injury, they may also irritate wounds. This may cause recovery to be delayed.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Highly experienced and competent researchers at CashKaro work hard to provide you with the finest market suggestions available online. To create a list of products you can trust, we evaluate various products and compare them based on a variety of factors. We considered healing properties, ingredients, and other aspects while making our recommendations for the best antiseptic cream brands in India. We really hope that this list will assist you in reaching an educated conclusion.