Table of Contents
- 1 What is Amla Oil?
- 2 Health Benefits of Amla Oil
- 3 1. Reduces Beard Fall
- 4 2. Reduces Facial Irritation
- 5 3. Reduces Greying of Hair
- 6 4. Improves overall appearance of hair
- 7 Uses of Amla Oil
- 8 1. Antifungal
- 9 2. Antioxidant
- 10 3. Anti-inflammatory
- 11 4. Immunity Booster
- 12 How To Use Amla Oil for Beard Growth?
- 13 Amla Oil Dosage
- 14 Side Effects of Amla Oil
- 15 Important Questions Asked About Amla Oil
- 16 1. What is Amla Oil made of?
- 17 2. What are Amla Oil ’s storage requirements?
- 18 3. How long can I use Amla Oil till I see improvement in my hair health?
- 19 4. How many times a day do I need to use Amla Oil?
- 20 5. Is it safe for kids?
- 21 6. How do you take care of your beard?
- 22 7. What is the best beard growth oil?
- 23 8. Is olive oil good for beard growth?
- 24 9. Does Amla Oil Promote Hair Growth?
- 25 9. Can Beard Oil Grow Facial Hair?
- 26 10. Is Amla Oil Beneficial For Beard Growth?
- 27 11. Which is the best amla oil for hair growth?
- 28 12. Can I mix onion juice with amla oil for faster hair growth?
- 29 13. Can I apply both coconut oil and amla oil to my hair?
- 30 14. Can we mix mustard oil and amla oil for hair regrowth?
- 31 15. How effective is amla oil?
- 32 16. Can I mix almond oil, olive oil, coconut oil with amla oil?
- 33 17. Can amla oil be used on skin?
- 34 18. Do you have to wash out amla oil?
- 35 19. Can you leave amla oil in your hair overnight?
- 36 Popular brands that sell Amla Oil
- 37 Research on Amla Oil
What is Amla Oil?
Amla oil is a well-known organic oil which has proven its effectiveness for various skin and hair related problems. There are several benefits of Amla oil. It originates from a native tree in India called Indian gooseberry tree. It’s made by drying up Amla and soaking it in mineral, sesame or coconut oil etc. Subsequently, excess fruit is removed from the mixture. This process ends up giving us pure Amla oil.
Also read: Benefits of Almond Oil For Your Beard
Health Benefits of Amla Oil
1. Reduces Beard Fall
Hair fall is one of the worst ageing signs. Amla Oil can effectively help in curing this. Rich in Vitamin C, Amla Oil prevents the hair fall and eventually reduces it too. Its regular application will undeniably also help your hair grow thicker.
2. Reduces Facial Irritation
Applying Amla oil to your facial skin regularly will lessen your skin irritation and rashes. Amla Oil possesses anti-fungal properties which help repel bacteria that can lead to skin irritation and infection. It will also help prevent the occurrence of acne and other skin ailments.
3. Reduces Greying of Hair
Hairs are prone to greying due to the deficiency of Vitamin E and Vitamin C. Amla Oil supplies the scalp with these nutrients thus helping in reduction of premature greying of hair. This is often used as a remedy for loss of hair and premature greying by Ayurvedic practitioners.
4. Improves overall appearance of hair
Regular application of Amla Oil helps in conditioning the hair. A natural conditioner, using a little Amla oil on your hair can help moisturize and smoothen dry or frizzy hair. When used with other adjuvants like Coconut Oil, it can work wonders.
Also read: Benefits of Eucalyptus For Your Beard
Uses of Amla Oil
Apart from the above-mentioned benefits, Amla Oil is also used as:
Possessing antifungal properties, Amla Oil is said to reduce skin irritation and infections with immediate effect. Regular application of Amla Oil is said to keep all the infectious bacteria at bay.
Rich in polyphenols (organic chemicals), flavonoids (plant pigments), tannins (a bitter-tasting organic substance present in plant tissues and bark) and other antioxidant compounds, Amla Oil is said to possess anti-oxidant properties. Apart from this. the presence of fatty acids and Vitamin C also make it good to be used as an antioxidant agent.
Amla Oil has been used by many Ayurvedic specialists for its anti-inflammatory properties since time immemorial. A natural soother, Amla Oil can be used to cure the skin inflammation and offer instant glow to it.
4. Immunity Booster
Rich in Vitamin C, Amla Oil also helps boost immunity along with providing our body the energy to fight viral infections like flu, cold and cough.
Also Read About: Benefits of Amla Oil for Hair Growth
How To Use Amla Oil for Beard Growth?
Amla Oil can be effectively used for beard growth. Applying Amla Oil along with coconut oil on your beard area four times a week can offer effective results.
Process Of Using Homemade Amla Oil For Beard Growth:
- To make homemade Amla Oil, take 2 teaspoons of Amla powder and mix it with 2 tablespoons of coconut or olive oil.
- Heat the oil in a pan till it turns brown in color.
- Let it cool down. Filter it into a glass bowl using a sieve.
- Apply and massage it on your beard area for 15-20 minutes at least 4 times a week to get effective results.
Check Out: Uses of Amla Oil
Amla Oil Dosage
You can use Amla Oil four times a week or every alternate day.
Side Effects of Amla Oil
Amla Oil is usually safe for application. Make sure you use only high quality and branded Amla Oil, else it may cause unnecessary skin irritation.
Important Questions Asked About Amla Oil
1. What is Amla Oil made of?
Amla Oil is sourced from Amla or Indian Gooseberry and is a natural substance useful for hair health.
2. What are Amla Oil ’s storage requirements?
Amla Oil should be stored away from direct sunlight.
3. How long can I use Amla Oil till I see improvement in my hair health?
You can use Amla Oil for the long run. Application of Amla Oil has no side effects. You can use it along with other adjuvants like coconut oil or olive oil and see visible results within 3 weeks of regular application.
4. How many times a day do I need to use Amla Oil?
You can apply Amla Oil once before going to bed and leave it overnight. Wash it off the next morning.
5. Is it safe for kids?
Amla Oil can be used by everyone. Being a solution loaded with natural ingredients, this oil is safe for kids as well. Use it carefully as if this oil comes in contact with eyes, it can cause a burning sensation.
6. How do you take care of your beard?
There are two important aspects of this Washing and Conditioning. You need to use shampoo twice a week and apply oils like amla, coconut, castor for conditioning. This can decrease dandruff from your beard making the beard and the moustache thicker.
7. What is the best beard growth oil?
You can use coconut, jojoba, grapeseed essential oils as these contain vitamin E which will help relieve beard itching and nourish the beard as well as the skin.
8. Is olive oil good for beard growth?
Yes, olive oil is known to penetrate hair follicle and stimulate them. It will make the beard grow faster and stronger.
9. Does Amla Oil Promote Hair Growth?
Yes! Applying Amla oil to your scalp provides nourishment to your follicles thus promoting hair growth. It also helps prevent dandruff and remove dirt from your scalp as it is rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants.
9. Can Beard Oil Grow Facial Hair?
Yes, oils like Amla, Argan oil, etc., tend to promote beard growth by naturally nourishing the skin beneath your beard. This eliminates undesirable dead skin cells to promote facial hair growth.
10. Is Amla Oil Beneficial For Beard Growth?
Indeed, it is! Moustaches and beards give a sense of pride and masculinity to men. But, at the same time, all men don’t find it easy to grow and maintain a beard properly. For this purpose, a lot of products like beard growth oils, creams etc. have come up in the market. One such oil which is effective in making your beard grow faster is Amla Oil.
11. Which is the best amla oil for hair growth?
The best amla oil for hair growth is Khadi Pure Amla Hair Oil as it is made from all natural and organic ingredients. Rich in anti-oxidants and Vitamin C, this oil is suitable for all those who wish to regain the lost smooth texture of their hair and fight dryness, brittle hair, premature greying and dandruff.
12. Can I mix onion juice with amla oil for faster hair growth?
Yes, you can mix onion juice with amla oil for faster growth of hair.
13. Can I apply both coconut oil and amla oil to my hair?
Yes, combining amla oil with adjuvants like coconut oil are said to work wonders on hair health and texture.
14. Can we mix mustard oil and amla oil for hair regrowth?
Yes, you can mx mustard oil and amla oil and apply it to your scalp or beard area for hair regrowth.
15. How effective is amla oil?
Amla oil is quite effective in hair growth. The main function of amla oil is to make your hair grow faster andsmoother a. You can see visible results within 3 months after using it regularly.
16. Can I mix almond oil, olive oil, coconut oil with amla oil?
Yes, you can mix almond oil, olive oil and coconut oil along with amla oil in equal parts. Warm the oils a bit and apply to your hair. This will make your hair stronger, smoother, silkier and thicker.
17. Can amla oil be used on skin?
Yes, you can use amla oil on skin as it has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties.
18. Do you have to wash out amla oil?
You can apply amla oil in low quantities and let it seep in the scalp. This way, you’ll get deeper benefits of amla oil.
19. Can you leave amla oil in your hair overnight?
Yes, amla oil can be applied to the hair and left overnight. You can wash it off the next morning.
Buyers Guide – Price and Where to Buy Amla Oil?
Khadi Natural Ayurvedic Pure Amla Hair Oil (210ml)
Best Price: Rs.315
Popular brands that sell Amla Oil
Research on Amla Oil
An abstract titled “Inhibition of growth of dermatophytes by Indian hair oils” listed in the database of National Center for Biotechnology Information states that amla oil was found most toxic for inhibiting thew growth of dermatophytes (fungi that require keratin for growth) and other bacteria that can cause scalp infections.