Skip to Content
Onions have way more benefits than simply being a kitchen staple. It has been a major component in Indian cooking but its benefits have mostly been overlooked or clouded by tears. It’s time we explored beyond its strong smell and discovered how this simple veggie affects our health and beauty.
Did you Know that Onion is Beneficial for Your Hair, Skin & Health?
- Onions are rich in sulfur, contains Vitamins A, C, E and B-complex.
- They are known to boost the immune system, fight infections, control blood sugar and aid in digestive problems.
- They also brighten the complexion, protects against harmful UV rays and free radicals because of the presence of a plant pigment known as quercetin.
- Its anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties help fight acne, reduce cough and phlegm, and heal wounds.
What Are the Benefits of Onion Oil?
|Hair Benefits of Onion Oil||Skin Benefits of Onion Oil||Health Benefits of Onion Oil|
|Nourishes hair follicles||Nourishes skin||Improves heart health|
|Restores nutrients||Makes skin soft & supple||Promotes healthy digestion|
|Minimizes breakage & thinning of hair||Reduces Pigmentation||Maintains bone health|
|Fights dandruff & promotes growth||Treat acne||Relieves earache|
|Increases strength & volume||Reduces dark spots||Induces sleep|
|Reduces greys||Natural exfoliator||Improves eye health|
Learn About: Benefits of Hibiscus oil for hair
Which Onion Oil Brand Do We Recommend?
Well, choosing the right Onion oil could be a tough decision, considering many variants come with harmful toxins than actual extracts. So, we thought of picking the best Onion Oil brand for you. Read below to know more:
Mamaearth Onion Oil for Hair – Our Recommendation
Now, you don’t have to read those enormous guides to know which Onion oil is best for hair. We are here with Mamaearth’s Onion oil made from natural extracts of onion seed oil, sunflower oil, Amla Oil, Hibiscus Oil, Almond oil and more. It promotes and boosts regrowing of hair by providing the richness of sulphur, potassium and antioxidants. Being Asia’s first brand that has been certified by Madesafe, Mamaearth Onion oil is an expert’s recommendation.
Here’s a list of the best Onion Oils that you must check out today.
Benefits of Mamaearth Onion Oil:
- Boosts Hair Growth
- Adds strength & shine
- Made with natural extracts
- Safe for chemically treated hair
- Toxins free
- Nourishes Scalp
Now that you know about the benefits of Mamaearth Onion Oil, we are sure you would want to buy it. Well, we have a special surprise for you!
Other Important Things to Know About Onion Oil: Uses, Dosage, & Side Effects
How to Use Onion oil For Hair Growth?
- Add some onions to water and bring them to a boil. Strain and let it cool. Wash your hair with this water
- For head lice you can make a paste of 3 tbsp fenugreek seeds and onion oil. Soak the seeds overnight in water and make the paste next morning. Apply and leave for 30 minutes, wash as usual
- Use diluted onion oil to massage on your scalp. Leave it on for 30 minutes and wash as usual
- Onion oil can also be diffused with Olive or other oils for a head massage
- You can also make different hair packs by combining onion oil with honey, curry leaves or yoghurt
How To Use Onion Oil on Skin?
- Make a face pack by mixing a few drops of onion oil to gram flour and yoghurt. Apply and leave for 10 minutes and then wash off with normal water
- You can also massage your skin with onion juice for a youthful glow
- Apply onion oil mixed with olive or lavender oil and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Wipe off with a cotton ball soaked in milk
- Mix a few drops of onion oil with yoghurt and apply all over your face. Wash off with water
- For soft lips, apply a thin layer of fresh onion juice or a drop of onion oil mixed with vitamin E oil overnight
Also Read: Benefits of Mustard Oil
Use and Dosage Onion Oil
- If taken orally, it should be diluted in warm water. This helps with indigestion but a consultation with your medical practitioner is suggested.
- If used externally, a few drops of onion essential oil would suffice. Although diluting it is recommended.
You Need To See: Benefits of Sandalwood Oil
Side Effects of Onion Oil
- Onion oil as a supplement should be avoided by pregnant and breast-feeding ladies
- It can interact with medications
- If being used externally, an allergy patch test is recommended
Frequently Asked Questions- FAQs
Q. Is onion oil beneficial for hair?
A. Yes, onion juice is known to boost hair growth and regrowing hair. You can mix onion juice with olive oil for the best results as olive oil has anti-dandruff properties which will maximize the effect.
Q. Which is the best for hair regrowth castor oil or onion oil?
A. Both are good for hair regrowth, but mixing castor and onion oil can do wonders for your hair by strengthening the roots and nourishing the scalp.
Q. Can onion oil be used for rebonding hair?
A. Yes, you can use onion oil for rebonding hair as it will balance the ph of the scalp and nourish it. You can also consider coconut oil, olive oil, castor oil, for the same purpose.
Q. Can we apply onion oil overnight?
A. Yes, you can apply it overnight twice a week. But use it in a limited quantity as it contains sulphur which can irritate you skin.
Q. Can we use shikakai after applying onion oil?
A. Yes you can, as shikakai is a natural mild cleanser which help curb dandruff.