Hair is one of the best accessories one can naturally have, and to maintain it, we need to make efforts. Our hair goes through pollution, dust, heat, and whatnot! To save it from these adversities, the fundamental product to choose is a good shampoo. Thankfully, the hair care industry is currently exploring the benefits of natural ingredients, and one such versatile ingredient is onion. An onion shampoo has the goodness of onion juice, an effective hair growth stimulator. With that, it also helps our hair deal with numerous hair and scalp conditions. But picking the best onion shampoo that will work ideally on your hair is not a simple task.
To solve your problem and save time, we have curated a list of the 13 best onion hair shampoos in India that can bring a noticeable change to your long locks.
Our Top Picks :
How Do We Choose the Best Onion Shampoos for You?
Picking an onion shampoo can be easy when you go for a pick considering the following three elements.
Some people deal with a dry scalp, while some have it really oily. Blessed are those who don’t have to deal with such situations. If you are one of those who have a dry scalp, an onion oil-based shampoo will serve you well. On the contrary, an onion pulp-based shampoo with no added oil suits an oily scalp.
Be it curly, straight, or wavy, a good onion shampoo suits everyone’s hair with the same efficacy. Just the amounts and the base make the difference. When you have curly or wavy hair, you need a shampoo that contains less oily ingredients. For straight hair, any variants of onion-based shampoo work well to remove free radicals and other pollutants.
Combination of Ingredients
Your hair and scalp might disapprove of some ingredients while befriending another set. If you know the combination your hair loves, go for them and avoid the ones it is allergic to.
List of the Top 13 Onion Shampoos in India
Wow Skin Science Onion Shampoo
By bringing unknown personal care blends to the mass, Wow has emerged as one of the most trusted brands in India within a short span. The brand keeps no stone unturned to provide peerless service by producing unique concoctions to resolve skin and hair problems.
Notable Features of Wow Onion Shampoo:
- This product by Wow is ideally the best onion shampoo for dull hair. It rejuvenates the scalp and improves the texture of hair.
- It has onion black seed oil that diminishes split ends and strengthens the long strands.
- The onion extract in the shampoo moisturises hair and improves circulation in the scalp.
- Almond oil is another active ingredient that smoothens hair and reduces hair problems at the cellular level.
- 100% Vegan
- Made in the Himalayas
Why We Picked Wow Onion Shampoo?
This is one of our top picks as it extensively improves hair and scalp health. The ingredients of this shampoo have enormous benefits. The black seed oil and onion pulp together make hair lustrous and healthy-looking.
Mamaearth Onion Shampoo
Mamaearth set its footsteps in the skin care industry from the humble grounds of Haryana in 2016. The brand conceptualises unique mixtures via extensive trying and testing. With world-class research facilities and a great initiative to make the environment greener, the company has gained thousands of buyers and their trust.
Notable Features of Mamaearth Onion Shampoo:
- The unique keratin formulation makes this the best onion shampoo for hair loss.
- While onion oil improves scalp activity, keratin strengthens the hair from roots to tips.
- It contains gentle surfactants that completely cleanse dirt and dust off and smoothen frizzy hair.
- Benefits of this onion shampoo also include the properties of Vitamin E that boost hair lengthening and nourish the scalp to depths.
- Mineral oil-free
- All natural ingredients
Why We Picked Mamaearth Onion Shampoo?
Mamaearth onion shampoo got a place in our best onion shampoo list for its ample natural ingredients and toxin-free formulation. It not only solves the problems of dull hair but cleanses from deep within to proffer nutrients requirement optimally.
Kesh King Ayurvedic Onion Shampoo
Kesh King uses the power of Ayurveda to make blends reducing hair problems from its roots. The brand works to mitigate the usual hair issues that both men and women face. The ancient recipes with the perks of modern facilities come together wonderfully to satiate hair and scalp to the core.
Notable Features of Kesh King Ayurvedic Onion Shampoo:
- Aloe vera is a versatile ingredient that catalyses onion oil’s effects in this shampoo. It also protects the hair from UV damage and soothes the itchy scalp.
- Musta is another active ingredient of this shampoo that prevents hair loss.
- Henna is loaded with tannins that help in decreasing greying hair.
- Manjistha also nourishes the scalp and normalises dry scalp.
- Methi and rosemary have anti-inflammatory effects that reduce dandruff and hair fall.
- FDA approved
- No Phthalate
- No Paraben
Why We Picked Kesh King Ayurvedic Onion Shampoo?
The 21 natural ayurvedic ingredients make the Kesh King shampoo formulation ideal to be on the list of best onion shampoos in India. It can become a go-to product if you have hair problems, like damaged hair with split ends and a flaky scalp.
Biotique Onion Black Seed Shampoo
Combining age-old Ayurvedic recipes with modern biotechnology, Bioteque creates immensely effective products. The brand blends different botanical extracts from plants and herbs along with protein extracts from different vegan options. Every product is dermatologically tested and proven to cause no harm regardless of skin and hair type.
Notable Features of Biotique Onion Shampoo:
- The onion oil used in this shampoo imparts hair growth-stimulating properties regardless of the hair type.
- It is the best onion shampoo for hair rejuvenation for people with a flaky scalp.
- Black seed oil is packed in antioxidants that reduce inflammation and decrease the activity of free radicals on the scalp.
- Free of preservatives
- All natural ingredients
Why We Picked Biotique Onion Shampoo?
When it comes to the best onion shampoo for hair growth in India, Biotique surely takes one of the top spots. Biotique shampoo is one of our best picks as it utilises some of the most effective botanical extracts. Without harming nature, the product provides natural nourishment that is toxin-fee and has zero side effects.
Dabur Vatika Select Red Onion Hair Shampoo
Dabur Vatika offers distinct solutions for all your hair problems through natural nourishment. Each nutrient extracted from nature is perfectly balanced to provide just enough for skin and hair concerns. With that, every herb is time-tested to bring out the best in every product.
Notable Features of Dabur Vatika Select Onion Shampoo:
- The onion oil shampoo by Dabur Vatika is enriched in Vitamin E and pro-Vitamin B5. These two components soothe itchy scalp by moisturising it.
- It is among the best onion hair loss shampoos for men and women as it has palmetto extracts that strengthen the roots and prevent hair loss.
- Balck is a key ingredient that saves hair from pollutants and keeps it shiny and smooth.
- Zero Sulphate
- Zero Parabens
- 100% vegan
- Little expensive
Why We Picked Dabur Vatika Select Onion Shampoo?
Whether you want your lustrous hair back or need to prevent hair loss, the Dabura Vatika shampoo with onion extracts is tremendously helpful. It nourishes the hair and improves scalp health with all vegan ingredients.
Nyle Naturals Onion Shampoo with Active Conditioner
Nyle puts a naturally made range of shampoos on your platter to battle all signs of hair problems. Each blend has a unique composition whose pH is well-balanced to impart goodness exquisitely.
Notable Features of Nyle Naturals Onion Shampoo:
- The formulation gives advanced protection to hair as it has tons of ingredients providing necessary nourishment.
- Onion and methi are the prime components of this shampoo that prevent dandruff and cleanse the scalp deeply.
- The formulation has conditioning properties that keep the hair manageable and tangle-free for several hours.
- Contains natural ingredients
- Safe for chemically treated hair
Love Beauty & Planet Onion Shampoo
As we know, things work out the best when we carry them with like-minded people. This is the philosophy that worked behind the success of Love Beauty & Planet. It was started by a group of people looking forward to processing their obsession with beauty products. The brand utilises ingredients that provide brilliant care in recycled plastic packaging.
Notable Features of Love Beauty & Planet Onion Shampoo:
- Benefits of the onion shampoo by Love Beauty and Planet include hair rejuvenation and vitalisation.
- Onion bulb oil and black seed oil together work wonders on hair. The combination strengthens hair and improves follicle activity.
- Patchouli is another ingredient that prevents dandruff by balancing sebum production.
- Containers made from recycled plastic
- Zero dye added
- PETA certified
WishCare Onion Shampoo
WishCare is a brand committed to producing the healthiest and purest blends for fixing skin and hair problems we face regularly. The brand focuses on creating products radically with highly potent formulas.
Notable Features of WishCare Onion Shampoo:
- WishCare produces the best onion shampoo for hair growth for people dealing with hair damage due to chemical treatment.
- Ginger, castor oil, black pepper, rosemary, olive, and onion work well when blended together to battle scalp skin irritation and cell damage.
- Little expensive
Just Herbs Onion Shampoo
Just Herbs was founded to provide users with a 360-degree solution to every hair and skin care need. All formulations are safe, honest and effective as each one of them is finely made by merging the benefits of Ayurveda with that of contemporary knowledge.
Notable Features of Just Herbs Onion Shampoo:
- Castor seed oil, along with onion extracts, nourishes each strand of hair and improves hair conditions.
- Black seed oil in this shampoo addresses problems like dandruff and scalp irritation.
- Bhrigraj imparts its antibacterial properties to keep the scalp and hair clean and devoid of bacterial growth.
- Mildly foaming
10. Oriental Botanics Red Onion Shampoo
Oriental Botanics is a St. Botanica venture aimed at providing a unique experience to every user through the natural blends it produces. Every product is made for the holistic healing of skin and hair from tree and plant extracts.
Notable Features of Oriental Botanics Onion Shampoo:
- Red onion extract works finely with essential oils to fix hair fall.
- Collagen, along with Biotin, strengthens the hair.
- Caffeine, olive oil, and jojoba oil rehydrate hair and scalp and make it look healthy and voluminous.
- Enriched with 27 botanicals
- 100% vegan
- Little expensive
Vedix Onion Shampoo
From the house of IncNut, Vedix was founded in 2011. It does not stick to the generic formulation of personal care products. Rather, it explores the offerings of Ayurveda to holistically approach the problems faced by people with different hair and skin types.
Notable Features of Vedix Onion Shampoo:
- This shampoo contains licorice extract that regulates sebum production on the scalp. It inhibits the scalp from producing excess oil to maintain scalp pH.
- Onion oil and aloe vera extract work together to make hair shiny and smooth.
- Being rich in antioxidants that stimulate the activity of hair follicles, it also is one of the best onion shampoos for oily hair in India.
- No SLS
- No Paraben
- Zero mineral oil
- Sulphate and silicone-free
- Little expensive
Himalayan Organics Onion Oil Shampoo
Himalayan organics prioritises overall health development from inside and out. It manufactures health supplements along with organic hair care and skincare essentials.
Notable Features of Himalayan Organics Onion Shampoo:
- The formulation strengthens hair follicles and roots when used regularly
- The onion oil in the shampoo improves blood circulation and promotes hair health.
- Himalayan organics used are gluten-free that delay greying of hair.
- No Sulphate
- No Parabens
- Little expensive
Soulflower Onion Biotin Shampoo
Soulflower is the first of its kind. It has introduced farm-to-face beauty products to India. All of its blends are entirely organic, picked precisely from the lap of nature.
Notable Features of Soulflower Onion Shampoo:
- The onion and biotin components of this shampoo control frizz and smoothen hair texture.
- The blend deeply moisturises the scalp and hair and reduces hair fall in a few uses.
- It is an SLS-free shampoo
- No mineral oils
Each product put on the list of best onion shampoos for hair has tons of perks. Although some of them have a few cons, the pros outweigh them to a great extent. The combination of ingredients present in the included products varies largely. So, you have the ease of finding your best pick out of the ideal options.
Which company’s onion shampoo is best for hair?
Onion shampoos from companies like WOW and Mamaearth are some of the best options that you can t
Is onion in shampoo good for hair?
Yes, onion in shampoo is good for hair. Onion contains sulphur and is rich in Vitamins like A, C, E, and B-complex. It has anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties that nourish hair follicles, restore nutrients and increase hair strength and volume. It also fights dandruff and minimises hair breakage and thinning.
Which onion shampoo is good for hair fall?
Mamaearth Onion Shampoo for hair fall control, Kesh King Ayurvedic Onion Shampoo and other brands on this list are good for hair fall.
Which onion shampoo is best in India?
Wow onion shampoo is one of the best in India.
Can onion shampoo damage your hair?
Onion shampoos are mostly safe, given you get them according to your hair and scalp type. You can also check other ingredients in the shampoo and know the problem you want to address to pick a suitable shampoo that won’t harm your hair.
What are the side effects of onion shampoo?
There are no side effects of onion shampoo as such. You should not use it if you’re allergic to onion or any other ingredient in the shampoo.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
The reviewing process of CashKaro includes several steps. While curating the list of the best onion shampoos, all the shampoos were evaluated based on their ingredients and hair suitability. After a complete evaluation, only the best ones have been enlisted here.