Looking to get a new 1.5-Ton AC for your bedroom or drawing room but confused about how to pick one? Basically, 1.5-ton ACs are best suited for small bedrooms or living rooms up to 185 sq. ft. While they may be fine for room sizes around that mark, you might want to up the tonnage if you have a lot of direct sunlight coming into your room. That said, let’s have a look at the best 1.5-ton AC you can get in India.
Our Top Recommendations
How Do We Choose the Best 1.5-Ton ACs?
Before buying from a top AC brand, you should be aware of important factors like inverter technology, condenser details, star rating, and quality of filters. You can read about all these factors in detail below.
Type of AC
Before we get into the specifics, you should know the difference between an Inverter Split AC and a Normal Split AC. Here we have mentioned some factors that we have taken into consideration while choosing the best 1.5 Ton AC.
Non-Inverter Split AC
Non-Inverter ACs make the compressor work at full capacity to reach the desired temperature level. Once the temperature is reached, the compressor switches off automatically. The fan then takes over and enables air circulation in the room. Once the temperature is raised, the fan stops working, and the compressor starts running again. This takes more energy to switch the compressor On and Off every time. It works for temperature conditions up to 42 degrees celsius.
Inverter Split AC
Inverter ACs are more powerful, and they operate at maximum capacity as soon as they start and reach their set temperatures within no time. This technology has the ability to adjust according to the desired room temperature and keeps the compressor speed rotation according to the temperature, which gives more comfort than non-inverter air conditioners in both high and low conditions. It works for temperature conditions up to 50 degrees (indoor and outdoor temperature).
Copper Coil or Aluminum Coil
A copper coil has better heat transfer and higher durability when compared to an aluminium coil. It should be cleaned regularly. Otherwise, it can corrode easily in the coastal areas. To negate the corrosion factor, the coil should be equipped with Bluefin Condenser to protect it from humidity. Due to this factor, copper coil condensers are more costly than aluminium condensers.
It is normally calculated under the BEE (Bureau of Energy Efficiency) Value. A higher BEE value indicates better power savings. It is advised to go for an Inverter Air conditioner with a lower BEE rating as opposed to going for a 5-star rating.
List of the Top 1.5-Ton AC Brands In India
Lloyd 1.5-ton ACs are equipped with cool inverter technology and 2.5 PM filters that purify the air and circulate fresh and cool air inside the room. The brand offers ACs that come loaded with features and offer efficient cooling, so that you get to experience the best.
|Cooling Power||4.74 kW|
|Product Dimensions||23 x 80 x 29.5 cm|
|Special Feature||Low Gas Detection, Clean Filter Indication, Stabilizer-Free Operation|
Notable Features of the Lloyd 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC:
- Successfully lowers the temperature of the electric components within the outside unit, producing a continuous cooling ambient temperature of 52 °C
- With its two-way swing function, you can stay cool in the summer heat
- Anti-Viral Dust Filter catches airborne pollutants such as dust, pollen, spores, germs, and viruses
- Stabiliser-free operation
- Low gas detection
- Clean filter indication
- Has 2.5 PM filters that purify the air
Why We Picked the Lloyd 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC?
Bring home the Lloyd 1.5 ton AC, which aids in quick refrigerant flow, transfers heat more effectively than standard coils, and resists corrosion. It also has a long lifespan and requires no maintenance.
|Lloyd 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC||Price: Rs 60,990|
Cooling Power: 5.05 kW
|Lloyd 1.5 Ton 3 Star Fixed Speed Window AC||Price: Rs 47,990|
Cooling Power: 4.8 kW
Panasonic has the widest range of intelligent ACs in India. This 1.5 Ton AC from Panasonic detects outside weather factors, including heat and humidity. It then automatically adjusts temperature, mode, and fan speed to provide optimal cooling with the least amount of electricity.
|Cooling Power||17400 British Thermal Units|
|Product Dimensions||23.5 x 107 x 29 cm|
|Special Feature||Wi-fi Enabled, MirAie App Enabled, PM 0.1 Filter for Air Purification, 4 Way Swing|
Notable Features of the Panasonic 1.5 Ton 5 Star Wi-Fi Inverter Smart Split AC:
- Has an auto-diagnosis feature that can identify problems early and notify consumers
- Features 100% pure copper coils for quicker transmission and corrosion resistance
- AI-enabled MirAie App offers more flexibility by allowing customers to pre-set temperature profiles for the night’s comfort
- Also compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant and can be controlled by voice assistant
- Compatible with Mobile App
- Has a long-lasting copper condenser coil
- 100% copper tubing
- Different modes for controlling humidity
Why We Picked the Panasonic 1.5 Ton 5 Star Wi-Fi Inverter Smart Split AC?
This 5 star AC from Panasonic offers consistent cooling via a 4 Way Horizontal and Vertical Swing. With this AC, you can set hourly temperatures and personalised sleep profiles with ease. It also features Powerful and Dry Modes, as well as automated humidity management, for various cooling demands. If you are looking for just split ac then you should head to our blog with the list of best 1.5 ton split ACs, that will narrow down your search.
|Panasonic 1.5 Ton 3 Star Split AC||Price: Rs 53,900|
Cooling Power: 17230 British Thermal Units
|Panasonic 1.5 Ton 4 Star Wi-Fi Inverter Smart Split AC||Price: Rs 59,400|
Cooling Power: 17400 British Thermal Units
LG air conditioners come with a dual inverter compressor with dual rotary motors to ensure faster cooling. The AC’s AI Convertible 6-in-1 feature allows you to adjust its cooling capacity in accordance with your needs. This AC is suitable for rooms between 151 and 180 square feet in size.
|Product Dimensions||18.9 x 83.7 x 30.8 cm|
|Special Feature||Anti Virus Filter, Auto Cleaning|
Notable Features of the LG 1.5 Ton 3 Star AI DUAL Inverter Split AC:
- Built-in sensors and Artificial Intelligence Convertible mode will offer the ideal amount of cooling by automatically analysing and interpreting sensor input
- HD Filter with Anti-Virus and Bacterial Protection offers long-lasting defence against bacteria, fungi, and viruses
- Voltage fluctuations are avoided with LG’s improved stabiliser-free operation without sacrificing comfort, safety, or savings
- Special Ocean Black Protection on copper tubes offers excellent longevity
- Anti-bacterial filter
- HD dust filter
- Auto air swing
- Stabiliser-free operation
Why We Picked the LG 1.5 Ton 3 Star AI DUAL Inverter Split AC?
This LG refrigerator offers efficient cooling so that you can feel cool even on hot summer days. The 6-in-1 cooling offers various modes of cooling so that you can customise it according to your needs.
|LG 1.5 Ton 2 Star DUAL Inverter Split AC||Price: Rs 62,990|
|LG 1.5 Ton 5 Star AI DUAL Inverter Split AC||Price: Rs 75,990|
Carrier brings you a plethora of 1.5-ton ACs that suit your room’s requirements. It is one of the best ACs to invest in. Carrier 1.5 ton ACs are loaded with features like turbo mode, sleep mode, dry mode, and more.
|Cooling Power||5000 kW|
|Product Dimensions||20.5 x 94 x 27.5 cm|
|Special Feature||Stabiliser Free Operation, 4 Fan Speed, Auto On/Off Timer, Sleep mode, Auto Restart|
Notable Features of the Carrier 1.5 Ton 5 Star AI Flexicool Inverter Split AC:
- This split AC has Flexicool Inverter technology with a variable speed compressor that changes and adjusts power based on heat load
- Allows users to alter cooling capacity and save up to 50% energy
- Offers clean, fresh air to your home environment by removing tiny particles and other micropollutants from the indoor air
- Equipped with a copper condenser coil that makes your AC efficient and durable
- Offers stabiliser-free operation
- Auto cleaning
- Auto-off timer
Why We Picked the Carrier 1.5 Ton 5 Star AI Flexicool Inverter Split AC?
This inverter split AC from Carrier has a 100% copper condenser coil that offers protection from rust and corrosion. It offers faster cooling and allows auto cleaning so that you get the best experience!
|Carrier 1.5 Ton 3 Star AI Flexicool Inverter Split AC||Price: Rs 76,090|
Cooling Power: 4800 kW
|Carrier 1.5 Ton 3 Star Fixed Speed Window AC||Price: Rs 45,090|
Cooling Power: 5000 kW
Daikin is a popular brand of air conditioners, loved by many. The 1.5-Ton split air conditioners of this brand have an anti-bacterial filter, catalyst filter, and self-diagnosis system that help remove invisible particles, bacteria and hazardous smoke.
|Cooling Power||5.28 kW|
|Product Dimensions||110 x 23.9 x 31 cm|
|Special Feature||Turbo Cooling, Wi-Fi, Remote Control|
Notable Features of the Daikin 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC:
- Can capture tiny airborne particles as small as 2.5 microns, producing clean and pure inside air
- Even in the most intense heat, your air conditioner’s Power Chill function offers quicker and more immediate cooling
- For a superb air conditioning experience, 3D Airflow offers 4 way automated, consistent cooling in every corner of your space.
- The noise level is less than 20dB, making it a noise-free appliance
- Dew Clean technology
- Anti Bacterial filter
- Catalyst filter
- Self-diagnosis system
- Outdoor unit of AC does not come with a stand
Why We Picked the Daikin 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC?
With the push of a button, the Dew Clean Technology of this Daikin AC uses condensate water to automatically clean the evaporator coil of the indoor unit heat exchanger. This ensures improved airflow and reliable cooling performance all year round.
|Daikin 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC||Price: Rs 58,990|
Cooling Power: 5 kW
|Daikin 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC||Price: Rs 67,200|
Cooling Power: 5.28 kW
If you’re looking for a truly smart AC for your room, Samsung is the brand for you. Moreover, features like AI auto-cooling and voice commands make these ACs the best home appliances to invest in. Most Samsung models come with wireless compatibility and tri-care filters that protect against allergens, bacteria, and viruses. If you want to explore a little bigger options then you should also check our list of best 2 ton AC brands in India, that will provide you with a powerful cooling solution.
|Cooling Power||6.8 kW|
|Product Dimensions||21.5 x 88.9 x 29.9 cm|
|Special Feature||Easy Filter Plus (Anti-Bacteria), Auto Clean|
Notable Features of the Samsung 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC:
- With the 5 convertible cooling modes, you can change the temperature at any moment to match your needs
- Up to 99% of dangerous microorganisms are removed by the copper antibacterial filter, assuring your good health
- The 3-step auto clean feature helps avoids the growth of germs and smell
- Triple Protector Plus offers unmatched durability and protects AC during voltage fluctuations
- Two-way swing for comfort
- Resistant to corrosion and rust
- Auto cleaning
- Noise may be somewhat high
Why We Picked the Samsung 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC?
Samsung offers a wide range of Split ACs that provide you with 5 different modes for cooling at home. This AC from Samsung has an auto-clean feature that keeps it clean without any help from professionals.
|Samsung 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC||Price: Rs 72,990|
Cooling Power: 5.8 kW
|Samsung 1.5 Ton 3 Star Wind-Free Technology Inverter Split AC||Price: Rs 61,990|
Cooling Power: 6.8 kW
Blue Star’s 1.5 Ton ACs come with six level filtration process. The air passes through an anti-bacterial filter, a silver ion filter, a catechin filter, anti acarian filter, a dust filter, and an activated carbon filter before it gets released through the vent.
|Product Dimensions||21.5 x 96 x 32 cm|
|Special Feature||Energy-Efficient, Numerous Presets|
Notable Features of the Blue Star 1.5 Ton 5 Star Convertible 5 in 1 Cooling Inverter Split AC:
- These ACs are also equipped with an Air Flow Directional Control technology that evenly cools in all directions.
- Their anti-freeze thermostat further prevents coils from freezing
- Turbo Cool preset quickly cools the space during sweltering summers
- Eco mode provides you with a pleasant cooling experience while helping you save money on your power costs
- The condenser and evaporator coils are protected by anti-corrosive Blue Fins that prevent leaks caused by extreme weather, precipitation, and humidity
- Anti-bacterial filter
- Made from 100% copper
- Energy efficient
- Stabiliser-free operation
Why We Picked the Blue Star 1.5 Ton 5 Star Convertible 5 in 1 Cooling Inverter Split AC?
This AC from Blue Star features unique 5-in-1 cooling mode that enables you to operate your air conditioner at five different capacities. This helps you to get the appropriate level of comfort.
|Blue Star 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC||Price: Rs 61,250|
|Blue Star 1.5 Ton 4 Star Convertible 4 in 1 Cooling Inverter Split AC||Price: Rs 69,500|
Voltas 1.5 Ton ACs are equipped with an aluminium condenser that lasts longer than the normal ones. All Voltas 1.5-ton air conditioners come with an anti-bacterial filter, anti-dust filters, and silver ion filters that help remove invisible particles, animal hair, bacteria and hazardous smoke. Some of its noticeable features are auto-restart, sleep mode, child lock, turbo mode swing, and dual temperature display.
Wondering where to get the best Inverter AC? Read our list to find out.
|Cooling Power||1.3 kW|
|Product Dimensions||23 x 96 x 31.7 cm|
|Special Feature||Remote Controlled, Dust Filter|
Notable Features of the Voltas 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC:
- Has four cooling capacities that help you in conserving energy while keeping you comfortable
- With its distinctive louvre design, Voltas AC offers increased airflow to help chill the space quickly and uniformly in a short amount of time
- Has a copper condenser which offers superior cooling and is more durable
- Cools quickly at high temperatures because of its strong cooling capability
- Turbo mode swing
- Anti-dust filter
- Copper condenser that lasts longer
- Operates silently
- Build quality can be improved
Why We Picked the Voltas 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC?
This Voltas AC has efficient filters that eliminates harmful gases and volatile organic chemicals. It aids in the proper ventilation of fresh air while lowering the CO2 levels in a confined space. If you want to deep dive more into voltas 1.5 ton ACs do follow this comprehensive guide to Best Voltas 1.5 Ton ACs in India.
|Voltas 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Window AC||Price: Rs 49,990|
Cooling Power: 1.64 kW
|Voltas 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC||Price: Rs 64,990|
Cooling Power: 1.62 kW
Whirlpool ACs are available in the window and split variants, allowing you to choose one as per your preference. You get to experience faster cooling with the brand’s 3D cool technology and dual fan compressor. For filtration, Whirlpool ACs are equipped with 4-in-1 filters that ensure germ-free and safe air ventilation.
|Cooling Power||5.1 kW|
|Product Dimensions||23 x 100 x 29.5 cm|
|Special Feature||6th Sense, 4 in 1 Convertible|
Notable Features of the Whirlpool 1.5 Ton 5 Star Flexicool Inverter Split AC:
- These ACs are powered by a 6th Sense Intellicomfort Technology that adjusts the temperature basis the humidity levels
- Suitable for rooms between 111 and 150 square feet in size, and maintains an ambient 52 degrees Celsius
- Has two-way swing and a 100% copper condenser that offers comfort and durability
- Ideal fit for your house because of its elegant appearance and subtle display
- Intellicomfort technology
- 3D cool technology
- Dual fab compresser
Why We Picked the Whirlpool 1.5 Ton 5 Star Flexicool Inverter Split AC?
This 1.5 ton AC from Whirlpool features 4 cooling cooling modes that can be controlled by a remote to meet various cooling requirements. Additionally, it runs with less refrigerant volume and produces less greenhouse pollutants.
|Whirlpool Supreme Cool Xpand 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split Air Conditioner||Price: Rs 65,800||Buy Now|
Hitachi has an impressive collection of 1.5-ton window ACs, split ACs, and inverter split ACs. Hitachi ACs are equipped with a wide range of features like a 4-way air swing, auto cleaning, silent cooling, auto restart, on-off timer, and auto power save mode for optimal cooling.
|Cooling Power||18000 British Thermal Units|
|Product Dimensions||23.5 x 95 x 29.4 cm|
|Special Feature||WiFi Enabled, Anti Bacterial Filter, Dehumidifier|
Notable Features of the Hitachi 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC:
- FrostWash Technology keeps the interior unit coil clean by melting away the dust, mould, and germs
- Hitachi airCloud Home enables you to manage the temperature by remotely monitoring and controlling your air conditioner
- Hexa Sensor technology provides ideal cooling and safeguards your AC’s vital components
- Has 3 Personalised Modes that allow you to easily enjoy cooling at the push of a button
- SuperFine Mesh Filter
- Auto cleaning
- Silent cooling
- Requires low maintenance
Why We Picked the Hitachi 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC?
With its turbulent refrigerant flow, Hitachi’s 100% inner grooved copper offers quicker cooling while enhancing the rate of heat transfer. It features a distinctive SuperFine mesh filter that traps microdust particles while also offering easy cleaning.
|Hitachi Window AC – 1.5 Ton||Price: Rs 35,999|
Cooling Power: 16378 British Thermal Units
|Hitachi 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC||Price: Rs 63,100|
Cooling Power: 17710 British Thermal Units
Haier is known to offer impressive room cooling and better energy efficiency. It offers a range of split ACs with different cooling capacities and window ACs that are as effective for smaller rooms. Additionally, the blue-fin coating of Haier AC makes them resistant to corrosion, adding to the life of these home appliances.
|Cooling Power||1.52 kW|
|Product Dimensions||200 x 86.5 x 29 cm|
|Special Feature||Anti-Bacterial Filter|
Notable Features of the Haier 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC:
- Can provide high ambient cooling and dependable performance even during the hottest summers at temperatures as high as 60°C
- With 100% Grooved Copper technology, you can enjoy effective cooling, long-lasting durability, and improved performance
- Uses cold expansion to capture dust and mould spores and washes while cleaning to reduce maintenance and service costs significantly
- Long Distance Air Flow technology ensures uniform cooling up to 20 metres, delivering constant comfort and reducing hot spots
- Supersonic Cooling Mode begins to chill the space within 10 seconds of being turned on
- Anti-bacterial filter
- Stabiliser-free operation
- Cools very quickly
- Auto clean
Why We Picked the Haier 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC?
All Haier ACs offer efficient cooling at extreme temperatures and have a long air-throw range. With the Micro Anti-bacterial Filter from this AC, you can breathe clean air that is free of dust, germs, and viruses, creating a better atmosphere for you and your family.
|Haier 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC||Price: Rs 71,490|
Cooling Power: 1.24 kW
Maintenance Tips for ACs
Neglecting AC maintenance can lead to reduced efficiency, increased energy consumption, costly repairs, and even a shortened lifespan. Therefore, we have rounded up some essential maintenance tips to keep your AC in top-notch condition, allowing you to enjoy uninterrupted comfort.
Clean Air Filters
Air filters in air conditioners assist in preventing dust and grime from entering your room. For these air filters to work well, there shouldn’t be an excess of particulate matter, and they should be cleaned. Clogged or dirty filters obstruct airflow, reducing the system’s efficiency and putting unnecessary strain on the AC components. Clean filters not only enhance cooling but also improve indoor air quality.
Keep Coils Cleaned
Condenser coils, located in the outdoor unit, play a crucial role in releasing heat from the refrigerant. Over time, these coils can accumulate dirt and grime, reducing their efficiency. To maintain optimal performance, periodically clean the condenser coils. We recommend getting this done by specialists during routine maintenance since touching the coils would be dangerous due to their sharp edges.
Clear the Outdoor Unit
The outdoor unit of your AC is exposed to various elements, such as dirt, leaves, twigs, and debris. Over time, this debris can accumulate around the unit’s fins and obstruct airflow. To prevent this, inspect the outdoor unit and clear away any obstructions. We recommend that you call professional help and get the outdoor unit of your AC cleaned at least once a year.
It goes without saying that keeping up with your AC is essential to preventing equipment failure as well as lower power costs. AC maintenance professionals are equipped to inspect and diagnose any problems your AC unit can be experiencing. For optimum performance, be sure to get your AC serviced from time to time.
During scorching summer months, an air conditioner becomes an indispensable companion. It offers much-needed relief from the sweltering heat. According to us, Lloyd, Panasonic, LG, and Carrier are some of the best brands of 1.5 ton ACs in India. We hope that our extensive list has helped you make a suitable choice. Let us know which one worked out the best! You can also deep dive into our extensive guide for best AC brands.
How often should the filters be cleaned?
It depends upon the frequency of usage and the atmospheric conditions. For normal temperatures, apart from coastal areas, it is recommended to clean the filter every once in 25 days. Also, the AC should be serviced once every 6 months for better performance and to boost the life of the compressor.
How does the dual fan compressor technology work?
The dual fan compressor technology boosts the performance of the compressor by keeping it cool even in extremely hot conditions of up to 58 degrees. It also performs well when there is a low voltage drop.
Why does my air conditioner not cool or warm the room?
Make sure the air filters are cleaned, air inlets and outlets are not blocked, the airflow direction is appropriate, and ventilation fans in the room should are turned off. If the air conditioner still doesn’t work, consult an AC engineer.
How many sq ft will a 1.5 ton AC unit cool?
A 1.5 ton AC will cool a room of around 150 to 200 sq.ft. Such ACs are enough to cool a small room in a short period of time.
Which is better: window or split AC?
Split air conditioners are positioned high and made for cooling bigger areas. On the other hand, window air conditioners work better for air circulation in smaller spaces.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
CashKaro has a team of skilled researchers who understand different products and how one is better than the other. On the basis of product testing, comparison, and study, we curate a list of top products that we highly recommend you try. We hope that this list will make shopping easy and fun for you.
Prices are subject to change*