Table of Contents
- 1 What is Dandruff?
- 2 How to use Anti Dandruff Shampoos?
- 2.1 1. Himalaya Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
- 2.2 2. Loreal Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
- 2.3 3. Patanjali Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
- 2.4 4. The Body Shop Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
- 2.5 5. Head & Shoulders Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
- 2.6 6. Biotique Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
- 2.7 7. Khadi Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
- 2.8 8. Vaadi Herbal Shampoo
- 2.9 9. Dove Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
- 3 FAQs
What is Dandruff?
Dandruff is a harmless but chronic condition that occurs when the scalp becomes dry or greasy. It is characterized by the presence of white flakes or dead skin that appears in the hair and on the shoulders and is often accompanied by severe itching.
How to use Anti Dandruff Shampoos?
Before using an anti-dandruff shampoo, individuals, as far as possible should carefully try to remove any scaly or crusty patches on the scalp. You can simply lubricate your scalp with coconut oil and massage it deep into the roots of your hair over the scalp. This will help the shampoo remove any excess deposits of the scalp.
The best Anti-Dandruff shampoos take approximately 6 to 8 weeks on an average to remove dandruff. The duration however depends upon the usage of the shampoo at regular or constant intervals depending on your hair type. Make sure to read how to choose the best anti-dandruff shampoo to know about the right ingredients and formulations that should be there in your anti-dandruff shampoo. Here, have a look at our list of best shampoos for dandruff in India.
Here is a video which summarizes the pros and cons of our picks for the 10 best anti-dandruff shampoos in India. You can scroll down further if you wish to read detailed reviews of the same.
Here, ten top recommended best anti-dandruff shampoos for a flake-free and smooth scalp in no time, along with there reviews and places to buy them from.
1. Himalaya Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
Himalaya Anti-Dandruff Shampoo is a great herbal shampoo for removing dandruff from the scalp. Loaded with active agents like Tea Tree Oil, Grape Seed, Indian Sarsaparilla and Aloe Vera extracts, this shampoo effectively pulls out the dry and flaky skin off the scalp and nourishes the skin. Laced with an anti-microbial formula, this shampoo also hydrates the scalp skin and prevents further growth of dandruff.
- Sulphate free
- Contains Tea Tree Oil that acts as a natural anti-dandruff agent
- Loaded with the benefits of Grape Seed, Indian Sarsaparilla, and Aloe
- Long Shelf Life
- Effectively reduces itchiness
- Helps get rid of dandruff
- It does not moisturize hair hence a conditioner should follow the application
- Contains preservatives – Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone and more.
User Rating: 4.0/5
Also Check Out: Himalaya Products Price List
2. Loreal Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
Loreal Anti Dandruff Shampoo is one of the best shampoos for dandruff in India by L’oreal. With Zinc Pyrithione (ZnPT) – a microbicidal, as one of its key ingredients, this shampoo can curb the growth of dandruff causing bacteria. Loreal Anti Dandruff Shampoo is a Fall Resist formula with 3X Anti-dandruff qualities and is suitable for application on oily hair. Formulated with Arginine extracts, this shampoo can effectively repair the damaged tissues. Read through the pros and cons to decide whether this shampoo would suit your hair.
- Has sulfate as the base ingredient, thus lathers really well.
- The scalp feels clean with the first wash.
- It has moisturizing agents that help nourish hair.
- Fights dandruff without drying hair.
- Contains Sulphates and other synthetic agents
- Strips off excess sebum from the scalp.
User Rating: 4.2/5
Also See: Loreal Paris Products Price List
3. Patanjali Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
Patanjali Anti-Dandruff Shampoo contains Rosemary oil, Honey extracts, Neem oil, Tea Tree Oil, Nilgiri oil, Amla and Shikakai extracts that offer an overall protection to the hair and scalp. A great herbal alternative to the shampoos containing SLS, this shampoo is one of the best dandruff shampoos in India with herbal ingredients. Suitable for dry hair, this shampoo nourishes and hydrates the scalp skin and hair thoroughly and gives you a healthy and clear scalp.
- Contains a surfactant as its base ingredient
- Contains Tea Tree oil that helps in removing dandruff
- Removes dandruff and decreases hair fall effectively
- Hair Conditioning is not required as it has conditioning properties
- It has surfactant but not in high concentration.
- Does not lather much hence might not work for oily scalp and hair
User Rating: 4.1/5
Also See: Patanjali Shampoo For Dandruff
4. The Body Shop Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
The Body Shop Anti-Dandruff Shampoo is a purely natural product. One of the best shampoos for dandruff in India, this Body Shop product contains ginger as one of its main ingredients. Effective in removing dandruff from the scalp, this shampoo is suitable for everyday use. Loaded with the benefits of organic honey and Panthenol apart from Ginger, this shampoo is mild on the scalp but has a great action over cleansing out the dandruff.
- It is a Silicone-free shampoo
- Contains sulphate that helps in cleansing oily scalp and dandruff
- Mildest anti-dandruff shampoo available in the Indian market
- Good for dry hair and dry scalp
- Does not strip off natural oil from hair & scalp
- It conditions and nourishes your hair
- Hair gets greasy frequently if applied on oily hair
- Has an unpleasant smell
- A conditioner is required as the shampoo can make hair static and frizzy
User Rating: 4.2/5
Also See: The Body Shop Products Online
5. Head & Shoulders Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
Head and Shoulders Anti-Dandruff Shampoo is quite effective in slowing down the hair loss and breakage. Infused with the Vita-zinc formula, this shampoo effectively pulls out all dandruff right from the first wash and gives the hair a fuller, healthier and bouncy look.
- Effectively cleans dandruff with a single wash
- Effectively controls hair fall to some extent
- Cleanses the scalp allowing follicles to grow and promote healthy hair
- Refreshing Scent
- It takes out any excess build up
- It has sulfates. It is not SLS-free shampoo
- Leaves hair dry, however good for oily hair and scalp.
User Rating: 4.2/5
6. Biotique Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
Rich in extracts from Neem Bark, Bhringraj and Reetha, this shampoo is totally a herbal product. Effective in removing the dandruff off the scalp skin and hair, this shampoo also cleans out excess deposits in the hair. Offering you smooth, silky and shiny hair, this shampoo works wonders on the hair right from the first wash.
- The shampoo contains no harmful chemicals and is safe to use
- Thoroughly cleanses hair and scalp
- Completely removes dandruff with regular use
- Hair feels silky and smooth as it contains conditioner too
- pH balanced formula keeps the scalp healthy
- Pleasant fragrance of neem and mint
- No SLS or Parabens
- Suitable for oily hair and scalp
- The thick consistency of shampoo
- Neem can be a bit drying if you already have a very dry scalp
User Rating: 4.0/5
Also, check out Biotique Products Online
7. Khadi Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
Khadi Anti-Dandruff Shampoo is rich in extracts of Neem, Green Tea, Basil, Bhringraj and Shikakai. All these ingredients help maintain the overall health of the hair and scalp. Effective in removing the sebum collection in just one wash, this shampoo can visibly reduce the flaking and refreshes the scalp.
- Gentle and safe to use
- Cleanses scalp effectively
- Effectively fights off dandruff
- Reduces itchy scalp from the first wash
- Free of SLS or parabens
- Suitable for oily scalp and hair
- Can have a drying effect on hair
- A conditioner is required post wash
User Rating: 3.9/5
Also Read: Benefits of Oil For Dandruff
8. Vaadi Herbal Shampoo
Vaadi Herbal Shampoo claims to be a complete hair tonic. With lemon as its astringent ingredient, this shampoo effectively pulls out dandruff and strengthens the hair roots. While the tea tree oil effectively cleanses and conditions the scalp, this shampoo provides an overall protection to the hair. The shampoo also offers shinier and softer tresses along with disinfecting the scalp skin.
- Removes dandruff from the first wash
- Pleasant fragrance of fresh lemons
- Cleanses hair and scalp
- Leaves scalp refreshed
- Contains No SLS or Parabens
- Suitable for oily scalp and hair
- Can dry hair if not used with a conditioner
User Rating: 4.0/5
9. Dove Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
Dove Hair Therapy Dandruff Care Shampoo is quite effective in removing dandruff from the scalp and hair. A shampoo that is effective as a daily use shampoo, Dove Hair Therapy Dandruff Care Shampoo works well on all hair types. Containing Zinc Pyrithione as one of its ingredients, this shampoo is quite effective in curbing the growth of dandruff-causing microbes. This shampoo can offer your hair a shiny, smooth and lighter appearance.
- Removes dandruff with regular use
- Removes oil from the scalp
- Free of parabens
- Does not dry out hair
- Contains SLS
- Can make hair rough and dry
User Rating: 4.3/5
Also, see Dove Products List with Price
So, here ends the list of best anti-dandruff shampoos for women and men in India.
Know more about how to get rid of dandruff instantly with simple techniques and natural homemade remedies.
Q. Which is the best shampoo for dandruff and hair fall?
Head & Shoulders Anti-Dandruff Shampoo is the best shampoo for dandruff and hair fall. It is quite effective in reducing the hair breakage which arrests hair fall. Infused with many anti-dandruff ingredients like Zinc, this shampoo can pull out 90% dandruff right from the first wash.
Q. What is the best home remedy for dandruff?
There are many home remedies that can be used to remove dandruff effectively. But, the best way to get rid of dandruff at home is Aloe Vera and Coconut Oil.
- Take some Aloe Vera Gel in a bowl and mix in an equal amount of coconut oil to it.
- Blend well and apply it on the roots of your hair.
- Once applied, cover your hair with a towel or shower cap.
- Wash off with shampoo and cold water after 20 – 30 minutes of application.
Q. What is the best cure for dandruff?
The best cure for dandruff is using any natural or herbal anti-dandruff remedies. You can simply remove dandruff using home remedies or by using Himalaya Anti-Dandruff Shampoo, Loreal Anti-Dandruff Shampoo, Patanjali Anti-Dandruff Shampoo, The Body Shop Anti-Dandruff Shampoo and Biotique Anti-Dandruff Shampoo.
Q. Is Dandruff a permanent condition?
No, dandruff is not a permanent condition, though it can be chronic. It can be cured with the help of natural and herbal shampoos that are either free of SLS and Parabens or has low quantities of these ingredients. Look out for ingredients like Tea Tree Oil and Zinc content in the shampoos that you choose as these ingredients help remove dandruff effectively from the scalp.
Q. Can dandruff be removed permanently?
No, dandruff cannot be removed permanently. Dandruff is caused due to dry or oily scalp. While you can cure it thoroughly at once, there is no surety that it won’t appear on the scalp again.
Q. Should I wash my hair every day if I have dandruff?
No, it is not necessary to wash your hair every day if you have dandruff. If you wash your scalp and hair regularly, it might lead to loss of natural moisture of your scalp thus making it dry. Hence, it is always recommended to wash your hair at regular intervals or at your normal pace.
Q. Is Dandruff a symptom of a disease?
No, dandruff is not a symptom of any disease. Dandruff results when the pH balance of the scalp gets disturbed due to the different lifestyle and environmental factors. However, if the Dandruff is left untreated for a long time, then it may lead to the weakening of hair roots which eventually leads to hair fall.
Q. Does washing hair more get rid of dandruff?
No, washing hair every day does not help in getting rid of dandruff. Instead, it may lead to loss of natural moisture from the scalp and hair that may lead to an even flakier and drier scalp. You should ideally wash hair between 2-3 times a week. It can be up to 4 times a week during the Summer season.
Q. Can Aloe Vera Shampoo remove dandruff?
Yes, shampoos containing aloe vera can help remove dandruff and nourish the hair and scalp. Aloe Vera is quite effective in pulling out the flaky dead skin off the scalp as it contains anti-fungal properties. Possessing anti-inflammatory properties, Aloe Vera is helpful in soothing the scalp and hydrating it.
Q. Why do I have so much dandruff even after washing my hair?
The use of right Anti-Dandruff Shampoo is essential for treating dandruff. This shampoo must not be used more than 2-3 times a week. For some people, dandruff might not go away in one wash. Any anti-dandruff shampoo or home remedy conducted on a naturally-dry scalp requires at least 2 -3 applications to help you get rid of dandruff wholly.
Q. How to use Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Shampoo?
You can use Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Shampoo every 3 – 4 days for 2 – 4 weeks. Always ask your doctor or pharmacist for the exact duration.
- Wet hair. Take a small amount of Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Shampoo and apply over your scalp
- Massage into a lather.
- Leave the lather on your scalp for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly.
Q. Which is the best natural anti-dandruff shampoo in India?
Himalaya Anti-Dandruff Shampoo is one of the best natural anti-dandruff shampoos available in India. It contains Tea Tree Oil which is a natural anti-dandruff agent. The shampoo also contains grape seed and aloe extracts which are effective in removing dandruff.
Q. Which is the best anti-dandruff shampoo for men and women in India?
Himalaya Anti-Dandruff Shampoo, The Body Shop Anti-Dandruff Shampoo, Biotique Anti-Dandruff Shampoo, Khadi Anti-Dandruff Shampoo, and Vaadi Herbals Shampoo are some of the best anti-dandruff shampoos that can be used by both men and women in India.
Q. Which is the best shampoo with anti–dandruff shining and anti–hair loss in India?
Patanjali Kesh Kanti Anti-Dandruff Shampoo is one of the best anti-dandruff and anti-hair loss shampoos in India. The product contains Bhrigraj, myrtle (mahendi), acadia concinna (shikakai) and emblic myrobalan (aola), give new strength to the hairs. Soap nut (ritha), margosa (neem), Indian valerian (tagar), esculent fiacurtia (bakuchi) and turmeric that work as disinfectants and effectively fight dandruff while strenthening the hair roots.
- Best Body Spray For Men
- Indulekha Hair Oil Review
- How To Use Castor Oil
- Review Of Biotique Shampoo
- Best Patanjali Hair Oil
- Best Shampoos For Hair Growth