Under-eye dark circles is a major problem faced by almost every individual owing to our stressful and busy lifestyles. But choosing from a varied range of products for sensitive areas like the eyes can be a daunting task. Going herbal is the way to combat dark circles under the eye. Teaming with the goodness of herbs, and plant extracts, such under eye creams and gels effectively diminish puffiness, under-eye wrinkles, and eye bags without any side effects. To that end, we have compiled a list of the best brands of herbal creams for dark circles to keep your eyes youthful and relaxed.
How Do We Choose the Best Herbal Creams for Dark Circles?
We all deal with several skin concerns such as wrinkles, puffiness, hyperpigmentation, and dark circles. These issues can emerge because of several external factors such as pollution, sleep deprivation, excessive screen time, stress, or could just be because of an unhealthy regime. The undereye skin is pretty sensitive so it’s important to only use safe products that cause no harm whatsoever. A good undereye cream may cost you around Rs 199 to Rs 1,999, depending on your budget and concerns.
Since the undereye skin is so delicate, you need to consider several factors before buying a cream for targeting the area. Eye creams are used to lighten and moisturise the skin so you should check if yours has Vitamin C and natural/essential oils in them or not. If you have dry skin, you should go for highly nourishing creams. If you have puffiness, you can try using creams with caffeine.
The products mentioned in this list have great ratings, reviews, and come from reputable brands from across the world. So if you have been looking for an effective herbal formula to treat under-eye circles, your search ends here.
|Our Top Recommendations||Best Prices on Amazon|
|Forest Essentials||Check Prices|
|Dot & Key||Check Prices|
List of the Top Brands of Herbal Cream for Dark Circles in India
On this page:
- 1. Biotique Bio Almond Nourishing Eye Cream
- 2. Himalaya Herbals Under Eye Cream
- 3. Forest Essential Intensive Eye Cream
- 4. Khadi Herbal Under Eye Gel
- 5. Lotus Herbal Nutraeye Rejuvenating and Correcting Eye Gel
- 6. VLCC Almond Under Eye Cream
- 7. Tvam Ayurvedic Under Eye Cream
- 8. Juicy Chemistry Under Eye Cream
- 9. Innisfree Green Tea Seed Eye Cream
- 10. L’oreal Paris Revitalift Eye Cream
- 11. Mamaearth Bye Bye Dark Circles
- 12. Soulflower Herbal Vitamin C Under Eye Cream
- 13. MCaffeine Naked and Raw Coffee Under Eye Cream
- 14. The Moms Co. Natural Vita Rich Under Eye Cream
- 15. Dot & Key Illuminating Depuffing Under Eye Cream Concentrate
- Which cream is best for removing dark circles?
- What natural products are good for dark circles?
- What causes dark circles?
- How can I get rid of dark circles permanently?
- Do tea bags & cucumbers remove dark circles?
1. Biotique Bio Almond Nourishing Eye Cream
Biotique is one of the most accomplished skincare, beauty, and personal care brand that uses herbal ingredients in India. It is affordable and highly effective at the same which makes stand out from the rest. The company is owned by Vinita Jain and has its head offices based in Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
Prominent Features of the Biotique Bio Almond Eye Cream:
- Helps reduce the puffiness around the eyes
- It pairs ancient Ayurveda with modern science to produce an innovative herbal product
- Packs the power of almonds, sunflower gel and nutmeg that work in sync to reduce wrinkles
- Combats fine lines and wrinkles, dryness and swelling around the eye area
- It is moisturising, and gentle and is a real find for those with sensitive skin
- Weighs 15 g
- Creamy smooth texture
- Helps prevent dark circles
- Smell is a little overwhelming
2. Himalaya Herbals Under Eye Cream
Himalaya is a leading personal care and pharma company in India. It was founded in the year 1930 by Mohammad Manal and has its headquarters based in Bengaluru, India. It makes herbal and ayurvedic medical supplements and personal care products that are very popular in India. Here you can also check best brand of Primer & Primer for Sensitive Skin
Prominent Features of the Himalaya Herbals Under Eye Cream:
- Formulated with essential facial oils for delicate under eye skin
- The product claims to cure the dark puffy eyes with a regular use
- On applying the product the darkness under eyes magically withers away
- This non comedogenic cream is dermatologically tested and can be used for all skin types
- Comes in a 15ml travel friendly tube
- Suitable for all skin types
- Protects skin from sun damage
- Gentle formula
- May cause itching for some skin types, patch test recommended
3. Forest Essential Intensive Eye Cream
Forest Essentials is a premium personal care and fragrance brand that relies on Ayurveda to design top-notch products. The company was founded by Mira Kulkarni in 2000 and is based out of New Delhi, India. It also exports to the UK, US, Australia, and the USA.
Prominent Features of the Forest Essentials Intensive Eye Cream with Anise:
- A premium quality product that works great for those with extreme stress level
- With all natural extracts of star anise, this cream keeps your under eye skin toned and smooth
- The cream is also packed with potato starch, cold pressed almond oil, cucumber, and papaya extracts that nourish the skin
- As per the brand instructions, the cream should be applied around the eyes and put to rest
- Weighs 5g tube
- Reduces dark circles and wrinkles
- Has natural oils that are very beneficial
- Coomes in a travel-friendly jar
- Texture may feel a little sticky
4. Khadi Herbal Under Eye Gel
Khadi Herbals is a well-known skincare and hair care, and body care brand based out of Rishikesh, India. The company retails products made with natural ingredients and has a rapidly-growing customer base in the country.
Prominent Features of the Khadi Herbal Under Eye Gel:
- The gel is 100% herbal in nature
- It comes in tub packaging
- It’s infused with all natural oils and vitamins E great for delicate eye region
- The product leaves a soothing effect after application
- Also has almond oil, jaiphal oil, wheat germ oil are some major natural oils in the product
- Weighs 50 grams
- Boosts collagen
- Reduces puffiness and redness
- Lightweight gel
- May cause irritation on sensitive skin
5. Lotus Herbal Nutraeye Rejuvenating and Correcting Eye Gel
Lotus Herbals is a popular herbals skincare and cosmetics brand hailing from India. The company was founded in the year 1993 and specialises in beauty, personal care, skincare, and makeup products. Its headquarters are in New Delhi and the brand has a phenomenal presence in the market today.
Prominent Features of the Lotus Herbals Nutraeye Eye Gel:
- Contains rice bran extract and Vitamin A & E
- The product is a clear gel that shows visible results with regular usage
- The nozzle comes sealed making it leak proof and is directly applicable under the eyes
- The consistency is light and thus absorbs in the skin easily
- Weighs 10 grams
- Lightweight gel-based formula
- Has no unnecessary fragrance
- Vitamin E helps in skin repairment
- May take some time to show results
6. VLCC Almond Under Eye Cream
VLCC is another top-notch beauty and wellness brand that emerged from India. The brand was founded in the year 1989 by Vandana Luthra and has its headquarters in Gurgaon, Haryana. It has a firm grip on the South Asian market and continues to expand its operations in more parts worldwide.
Prominent Features of the VLCC Almond Under Eye Cream:
- All herbal formula that works great for mild dark circles
- Natural oil bases include chamomile oil, wheat germ oil, almond oil, and vitamins E extracts
- The natural oils make the skin super nourishing
- The product seeps into the skin easily and reduces fine lines within a week or 2 of usage
- It comes in a mini jar
- Weighs 15 grams
- Suitable for all skin types
- Quick-absorbing gel formula
- Helps with hyperpigmentation
- May give a stinging sensation
7. Tvam Ayurvedic Under Eye Cream
Tvam is an all herbal skincare and cosmetics brand that hails from India. It was founded in the year 2007 and has its head offices based in Bangalore. If you’re looking out to buy top-quality, reliable herbal products, check out Tvam!
Prominent Features of the TVAM Under Eye Cream:
- Formulated with the goodness of olive and sandalwood
- The under eye cream by Tvam comes in a tub packaging
- Also contains aloe vera, cucumber, sea buckthorn, shea butter, and almond oil
- Has a lightweight creamy consistency
- Helps in brightening and wrinkle-prevention
- Free of sulphates, parabens, phthalates, silicones, and chemicals
- May not suit all skin types
8. Juicy Chemistry Under Eye Cream
Juicy Chemistry is a natural skincare, haircare, and personal care brand that uses natural ingredients to make its products. The company was founded in the year 2014 by Pritesh Asher and Megha Desai Asher. The brand has grown rapidly in the past few years and competes with several leading companies in the country today.
Prominent Features of the Juicy Chemistry Organic Under Eye Cream:
- Helps to get rid of puffy eyes, eye bags, and under-eye wrinkles
- It is infused with cocoa, coffee, damask rose, fig seed, and hemp that hydrates the skin and locks in the moisture
- Comes in a jar
- Weighs 5 grams
- Has coffee that de-puffs and revitalise your senses
- 100% certified organic
- Keeps your skin hydrated for hours
- Suitable for both men and women
- May cause flakiness in some skin types
9. Innisfree Green Tea Seed Eye Cream
Innisfree is a popular South Korean brand that retails top-quality skin care and cosmetics products. It was established in the year 2000 by Suh Kyungbae and is based in Seoul, South Korea. The company makes natural products out of ingredients such as green tea, aloe, and pomegranate that are loved by millions across the board.
Prominent Features of the Innisfree Green Tea Seed Eye Cream:
- The eye cream by Innisfree is a premium quality 100% herbal
- Pure Jeju green tea extracts are infused to achieve better results. The non-oily formulae sip in easily and soothe skin
- Weighs 30 ml
- Has a creamy texture
- Ultra-hydrating formula
- Green tea seed oil takes care of the delicate under eye skin
- Quick-absorbig cream
- A little expensive for the quantity
10. L’oreal Paris Revitalift Eye Cream
When it comes wit skincare and makeup, L’Oreal is one of the most popular contenders in the global market today. The brand has a formidable reputation for raising standards every year with its new launches. It was founded in 1909 by Eugène Schueller and is based out of Clichy, France.
Prominent Features of the L’oreal Revitalift Eye Cream:
- It is a firm base product that not only helps reduce the puffiness around eyes but also vanishes fine lines and other signs of ageing
- It hosts Centella Asiatica and Protinol A that enhances skin density and reduces wrinkles, keeping the skin fresh and tight
- With regular use, the product shows great results
- Comes in a mini jar
- Suitable for combination skin
- Has a lightweight formula
- Packaging is compact and travel-friendly
- May cause irritation on sensitive skin
11. Mamaearth Bye Bye Dark Circles
Founded in 2016, Mamaearth has become one of the largest skincare, haircare, and personal care brand in the Indian market today. The brand picked up the pace with its all-natural and toxin-free product launches and has gathered a solid customer base today. Its headquarters are based in Gurgaon.
Prominent Features of the Mamaearth Bye Bye Dark Circles Under Eye Cream:
- It contains cucumber, peptides, hawkweed, and daisy extracts to reduce dark circles and keep your eyes nourished
- This cream is dermatologically tested and is free from sulphates, parabens, preservatives and colours
- Suitable for all skin types
- Weighs 20 ml
- Comes in a sleek tube packaging
- Cucumber extract helps in lightening the under eye
- Dermatologically-tested product
- Little goes a long way
- Fragrance may be a little overwhelming
- May cause redness and itchiness on sensitive skin, patch test recommended
12. Soulflower Herbal Vitamin C Under Eye Cream
Soulflower is one of the most popular Farm-to-Face beauty and skincare brands in India. This organic brand was founded in the year 2001 and has its headquarters Mumbai, Maharashtra. It specialises in retailing top-notch skincare, haircare, and aromatherapy products.
Prominent Features of the Soulflower Under Eye Cream:
- Boasts a moisturising formula teaming with natural extracts of rosehip oil and liquorice extracts
- It is suitable for every skin tone and skin type
- This vegan and preservative-free formula keeps your skin plump and reduces dark circles and signs of ageing
- Weighs 15 grams and comes in a tube packaging
- Has Vitamin C that helps in lightening the skin
- Offers sun protection
- Completely herbal formula
- Travel-friendly packaging
- May be a little overpriced
13. MCaffeine Naked and Raw Coffee Under Eye Cream
MCaffeine is one of the India’s first coffee-based skincare, haircare, and personal care brand. It was founded in the year 2015 by Tarun Sharma and Vikas Lacchwani. The brand has grown exponentially within a short span of time due to its unique range of products and continues to make waves in the market.
Prominent Features of the MCaffeine Coffee Under Eye Cream:
- Brimming with pure Arabica coffee, sweet almond oil, water lily and vitamin E that work together to fight fine lines, wrinkles
- Offers protection from UV damage
- Helps reduce and tackle puffiness
- This cream is dermatologically tested
- Works best for combination skin.
- Weighs 30 ml
- It can be used by everyone regardless of gender
- Free fromo mineral oils, SLS, chemicals, parabens
- Cruelty-free product
- Make take some time to show results
14. The Moms Co. Natural Vita Rich Under Eye Cream
The Mom’s Co. is a leading skincare brand that was created with the vision of helping moms make good choices when it comes to taking care of themselves. The brand makes safe, gentle, and highly effective products that are sold widely across India. It was founded in 2016 and has its headquarters in Gurugram, India.
Prominent Feature of The Mom’s Co. Natural Vita Rich Under Eye Cream:
- Enriched with natural botanical extracts of Chia Seed Oil, Coffee Oil, Chamomile oil, and Vitamins B3 and E
- Helps reduce fine lines, dark circles and puffiness
- It comes in a pump bottle with a roller that can be used as an under eye massager
- Bottle weighs 15 grams
- It is free from synthetic ingredients and harmful chemicals
- Made Sade and Allergen Free certified product
- Roll-on applicator is hassle-free
- May cause irritation on sensitive skin
15. Dot & Key Illuminating Depuffing Under Eye Cream Concentrate
Dot & Key is a relatively new brand that’s making waves in the Indian market. Based in Kolkata, the company retails top-notch skincare products that are based on natural ingredients. It was founded in the year 2018 and makes clean and cruelty-free products.
Prominent Features of the Dot & Key Depuffing Eye Cream:
- Works best to combat eye puffiness, eye wrinkles, and dark circles
- It pairs rosehip oil, coffee cherry, and hyaluronic acid to revive the firmness under eye skin
- It works well on all skin types
- Comes in a 35 ml bottle
- It is free from chemicals and is a cruelty free product
- Hyaluronic acid locks in moisture
- Targets puffiness and dark circles
- Will take a couple of weeks to show results
Which cream is best for removing dark circles?
The Biotique Bio Almond Soothing and Nourishing Cream is the best for removing dark circles, under eye bags, and puffy eyes. It combines the wealth of ancient Ayurveda with modern science to produce an innovative herbal product. This cream packs the power of almonds, sunflower gel and nutmeg that work in sync to combat fine lines and wrinkles, dryness, and swelling around the eye area. You can find it easily on the Amazon storefront.
What natural products are good for dark circles?
Dark circles can be taken care of with some natural products available in your house. You can use cucumber slices, cold compress, cool used or fresh teabags, almond oil massage, and some over the counter moisturisers and creams.
What causes dark circles?
Dark circles are most commonly caused by a fatigued and sleep deprived lifestyle. Other reasons include natural aging, dehydration, poor diet, sun exposure, allergies, pigmentation, heredity, dermatitis, and others.
How can I get rid of dark circles permanently?
One of the easiest and sureshot ways to get rid of dark circles is by improving your sleep quality. Other ways include getting a laser treatment, filler injections, chemical peels, and surgery. While there are several home remedies for reducing under-eye bags and darkness, it is advised you seek a medical review if you wish to get them treated properly.
Do tea bags & cucumbers remove dark circles?
Cucumber and tea bags are full of antioxidants and help reduce free radical damage in the under eye skin region. These home remedies when applied regularly can yield results overtime and have been tried and tested with a lot of anecdotal relevance. That said, everyone has a different skin type and lifestyle, that is crucial when looking at the effectiveness of home remedies. Results might vary for different individuals