Gone are the days of carrying a setting powder in your bag to keep your makeup intact. Primers have become the new go-to thing for makeup lovers, and their benefits are beyond amazing! If you are tired of using cream or gel-based primers that tend to shine or grease, spray primers are the right choice. Spray primers are quick and will fix your makeup together to give you that flawless finish you’ve always wanted.
Not using a primer can make your makeup look cakey and increase the chances of smearing and budging. The only way to ensure your makeup lasts long is to use a spray primer that is lightweight and highly effective. With a plethora of products in the market, it can be difficult to understand what would be best for your skin. Worry not, as we have listed some of the best spray primers in India that would be worth your every penny. Here you can also check some of the best primers and list of top primer brands for sensitive skin in India.
|Our Top Recommendations||Best Prices on Amazon|
|Smashbox Spray Primer||Check Prices|
|Colorbar Spray Primer||Check Prices|
|Faces Canada Spray Primer||Check Prices|
How Do We Choose the Best Spray Primers for You?
A primer is an absolute necessity as it prepares your face for makeup while also allowing makeup to last for a long time. In India, good quality spray primer costs anywhere between Rs 170 and Rs 500. Before you go through our suggestions of the best spray primers that are available in India, we would love it if you first go through the factors that we took into consideration while deciding on the best products for you.
When choosing a primer, you should first consider the kind of skin you have. A moisturising makeup primer is an option for those who have dry skin. By substituting a good, nourishing primer for your lotion, you can moisturise your skin and prepare it for makeup in a single step. On the other side, if you have oily skin, choose a mattifying primer. A mattifying primer will minimise your skin’s oil production while lowering shine.
Type of Primer
The three most common types of primers on the market are spray, moisturising, and matte. You can choose any primer that suits your skin type and prolongs the wear of makeup. There are various colour-correcting primers available for problems including skin redness and hyperpigmentation.
Choose formulas with pure ingredients and fewer chemicals. We advise you to search for primers devoid of sulphates, parabens, and perfumes. Many primers include natural ingredients, such as vitamins and minerals, which may enhance the texture and health of your skin.
List of The 12 Best Spray Primers in India
On this page:
- 1. Smashbox Spray Primer
- 2. Colorbar Spray Primer
- 3. Faces Canada Spray Primer
- 4. M.A.C Spray Primer
- 5. Milani Spray Primer
- 6. Insight Spray Primer
- 7. Nyx Professional Spray Primer
- 8. Too Faced Spray Primer
- 9. Wet n Wild Spray Primer
- 10. Blue Heaven Spray Primer
- 11. Swiss Beauty Spray Primer
- 12. Coloressence Spray Primer
- Which brand’s primer is best for makeup?
- What is priming spray makeup?
- Can I use primer spray without makeup?
- Can I apply primer daily?
- Can I use moisturiser instead of primer?
1. Smashbox Spray Primer
Smashbox is the American pioneer of unique and high-end makeup that’s taken the world by storm. Its Photo Finish Primer Water is a lightweight product that intensely hydrates your skin to make it look awake and radiant. Backed by some of the best beauty experts in the market, this product creates the perfect base for your makeup.
Prominent Features of the Smashbox Spray Primer:
- This spray primer seeps into your skin for long-lasting hydration
- This primer from Smashbox moisturises, primes, and revitalises skin
- Additionally, the primer is great for touch-ups when you are outside
- Moisturises skin
- Free from parabens and phthalates
Why We Picked the Smashbox Spray Primer?
The Smashbox Spray Primer quickly absorbs and extends the life of your makeup effectively. It helps your makeup stay on for around 24 hours. The primer successfully sets your face for makeup that looks amazing all day.
2. Colorbar Spray Primer
Colorbar’s Perfect Match Primer Water is a super-hydrating setting spray that makes your makeup last throughout the day. It is formulated with complex moisturising ingredients, perfect for people who deal with dry and dull skin issues. The primer contains marine spring water and red micro-algae extracts to keep your skin nourished even if you have to wear makeup for an extended period.
Prominent Features of the Colorbar Spray Primer:
- Red micro-Algae Extract and Marine Spring Water are used as enrichments to help preserve and maintain a stable moisture balance
- The subtle white lily fragrance offers a refreshing feel to provide ample rejuvenation
- This hydrating priming spray will replenish your skin’s moisture both before and throughout your picture sessions
- Provides a lightweight and comfortable feel
- Subtle and calming scent
- Lasts for a long time
Why We Picked the Colorbar Spray Primer?
The Colorbar Spray Primer is made specifically to treat your skin and extend the wear of your makeup. With a weightless, cosy feel that is never greasy or sticky, this high-performing fresh tonic offers long-lasting wear.
3. Faces Canada Spray Primer
Faces Ultime Pro Makeup Fixer is one of the best primer sprays on the market today. Crafted with beneficial natural ingredients such as Vitamin A, caffeine, and chamomile, this spray nourishes your skin effectively. The addition of Hyaluronic acid boosts hydration and makes your skin naturally radiant and awake.
Prominent Features of the Faces Canada Spray Primer:
- Has a weightless formula that spreads evenly in a few spritzes and keeps your makeup intact all day long
- Hyaluronic acid moisturises the skin and keeps it healthy-looking
- Additionally, the skin is nourished and brightened with caffeine and rosemary
- Non-sticky formula
- Free from alcohol and parabens
Why We Picked the Faces Canada Spray Primer?
The Faces Canada Spray Primer effectively moisturises the skin. The primer with a non-sticky texture is designed to keep your makeup in place for a long time.
4. M.A.C Spray Primer
M.A.C’s Prep Prime Fix is a lightweight mist that contains vitamins and minerals to take proper care of your skin. It is infused with a blend of green tea, chamomile, and cucumber to soothe and refresh the skin gently. The product has a lightweight consistency that keeps your makeup together for a long time.
Prominent Features of the M.A.C Spray Primer:
- Your makeup will be protected by the MAC primer for a 12-hour wear period
- The primer’s mild formulation revitalises and smooths the face
- Additionally, the lightweight formula of the primer helps your makeup stay in place for a long time
- Dermatologist tested
- Revitalises the skin
- Lightweight formula
Why We Picked the M.A.C Spray Primer?
M.A.C is a well-known beauty and cosmetic brand that is popular all around the world. Their spray primer works towards setting the makeup for your face that lasts all day.
5. Milani Spray Primer
Milani’s Make It Last is a 3-in-1 primer that blends your makeup perfectly and makes it look freshly applied. You can use it as a primer or a setting spray to lock in your makeup and get flawless-looking skin within seconds. Being a spray primer, this is very lightweight and lasts for up to 16 hours on your face. A few spritzes can help hide skin imperfections and leaves a matte finish that lasts forever.
Prominent Features of the Milani Spray Primer:
- This primer from Milani primes, corrects, and sets your appearance for a flawless look
- Additionally, the spray primer inhibits fading and shine so that you look gorgeous throughout the day
- For stunningly smooth, flawless skin, spray before or after applying makeup or wear it by itself
- Provides a matte texture
- Can be sprayed either before or after applying makeup
- Lasts for up to 16 hours without makeup creasing
Why We Picked the Milani Spray Primer?
No touch-ups are necessary to keep your makeup in place all day and into the evening if you use the Milani Spray Primer. The product has a three-in-one formula which helps prime, correct, and set your makeup for up to 16 hours without a crease or smudge in sight.
6. Insight Spray Primer
Insight is a beauty brand that has caught a lot of attention for its affordable yet quality products. Its Makeup Fixer and 3-in-1 Primer is a compact spray primer, best to keep your makeup intact for a long time. It has a featherweight formula that controls oil and shine by providing a full matte finish on your face. As it is enriched with Vitamin E, you can stay assured about the nourishment of your skin.
Prominent Features of the Insight Spray Primer:
- As it is enriched with Vitamin E, you can stay assured about the nourishment of your skin
- The primer keeps your foundation, eyeshadow, and brows in place for up to 16 hours
- Provides a matte finish and lasts throughout the day
- Enriched with vitamin E
- Free from parabens and silicone
- Lasts for a long time
7. Nyx Professional Spray Primer
NYX is a popular makeup brand and has gained a lot of traction from Indian customers in the last few years. Its Makeup Setting Spray is a weightless product that keeps your makeup intact for a very long time. The primer also has nourishing properties to set the perfect base for your makeup application.
Prominent Features of the Nyx Professional Spray Primer:
- Infuse your appearance with the enduring fresh glow of this spray primer from Nyx Professional
- No matter how hot it is outside, this primer will ensure that your makeup doesn’t melt or smudge
- Additionally, the primer prevents colour fading by setting your makeup
- Provides a fresh glow
- Does not smudge
- Prevents fading
8. Too Faced Spray Primer
Are you looking for a replenishing primer and a setting spray in one product? Your search ends at Too Faced! The brand’s Hangover 3-in-1 spray is a one-of-a-kind product infused with coconut water to keep your skin moisturised all day long. The spray effectively reduces the appearance of your skin’s imperfections, creating a smooth base to apply makeup properly.
Prominent Features of the Too Faced Spray Primer:
- The formula is so weightless that you won’t feel like you have something on your face
- The lightweight, multi-purpose mist mixed with coconut water hydrates skin while priming, setting, and refreshing makeup
- Additionally, the primer calms and refines the skin
- Lightweight multipurpose spray
- Moisturises and refreshes the skin
- Free of gluten, sulphates, phthalates, and parabens
9. Wet n Wild Spray Primer
Wet n Wild produces top-notch makeup products on the affordable side. Its Photo Focus Matte Setting Spray is one of the finest primers out there and gives your skin that blur effect in one spritz. The primer has an oil-free formula that feels light on the skin and keeps your makeup matte throughout the day.
Prominent Features of the Wet n Wild Spray Primer:
- This spray primer prolongs the wear of makeup by avoiding creasing, fading, cracking, or smearing
- Additionally, the primer incorporates aloe to nourish your skin which keeps skin moisturised
- The ultra-light primer hydrates, smoothens, and brightens skin for a dewy, healthy appearance
- Oil-free composition
- Prevents cracking
- Does not smudge
10. Blue Heaven Spray Primer
Blue Heaven’s Makeup Fixer Spray is a hydrating mist cum primer that works perfectly well with your makeup. The blend of aloe vera and multivitamins keeps your skin nourished and protects it from damage. If you have dry skin, this product will work great as it leaves a radiant, dewy finish on your skin that lasts long.
Prominent Features of the Blue Heaven Spray Primer:
- The primer aids in maintaining makeup which stays for a long time
- When applied underneath foundation or compact powders, the primer improves the adhesion to makeup
- Provides a lightweight and non-greasy look in an easy-to-use bottle
- Provides an oil-free look
- Easy application
- Lasts for a long time
11. Swiss Beauty Spray Primer
Swiss Beauty’s Makeup Fixer is infused with natural aloe vera and Vitamin E to maintain proper nourishment in your skin. As it is an oil-free formula, you get a matte and non-sticky finish post-application. If you are looking for an affordable primer that can lock in your makeup for a long period, choose Swiss Beauty.
Prominent Features of the Swiss Beauty Spray Primer:
- Helps regulate oil and sebum while noticeably minimising pores for a perfect appearance
- Your skin is cared for with this skin soothing spray, which is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin
- The waterproof and water-resistant properties of the primer ensure that your makeup remains set and never fades
- Skin-loving ingredients
- Stays for a long time
12. Coloressence Spray Primer
Coloressence FX Misty Makeup Fixer is a hydrating primer that dries up quickly, leaving a beautiful matte finish on your face. It has a water-based formula that feels lightweight and non-sticky. Using this primer before and after applying makeup can prevent cakiness and smudging effectively.
Prominent Features of the Coloressence Spray Primer:
- The solution dries on the skin in only five seconds, making it perfect for preserving your makeup
- The formula is water-based, oil-free, and non-sticky, and it is extremely light so that it won’t make your makeup seem cakey
- Protects the makeup from cracking or flaking and keeps your skin moisturised and fresh all-day
- Sweatproof and waterproof
- Non-sticky formula
- Minimises smudging
Based on our research, Smashbox Spray Primer, Colorbar Spray Primer, and Faces Canada Spray Primer are our top picks for the best spray primers in India. We also considered factors like skin colour, type of primer, and composition while making our recommendations for the best spray primers in India. We would like to know which one worked out best for you.
Which brand’s primer is best for makeup?
There are several brands that produce primers according to different skin types. If you like a matte finish, go for M.A.C., Wet n Wild, and Smashbox primers. If you prefer a dewy finish, you can choose Blue Heaven or Too Faced primer sprays.
What is priming spray makeup?
Primers work to hide your skin’s imperfections and create a smooth base so that you can apply makeup easily. It is a crucial step that many people avoid, but you should always use a primer before applying makeup. It helps in keeping the makeup intact and prevents caking or smudging.
Can I use primer spray without makeup?
A primer setting spray has several applications and may be used with or without makeup. Without makeup, using a primer setting spray may help the face seem fresh and dewy.
Can I apply primer daily?
Yes, you can use primer daily. Face primers are quick and effective products to minimise minor cosmetic flaws, minimise pore size, and level out skin texture. Therefore, it is a fantastic idea to merely use a little primer if you feel that a foundation is too thick for regular usage.
Can I use moisturiser instead of primer?
It is a frequent misconception that moisturiser and primer are interchangeable or that one may be used in lieu of the other. But there are significant distinctions between the two products, as well as uses for your skin. A beauty primer gives your makeup an even foundation for a flawless application and extends its wear time.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Researchers at CashKaro aim to supply you with the greatest market advice accessible online. To build a list of products you can trust, we examine numerous products and compare them based on a range of characteristics. We hope our recommendations of the best spray primers have helped you out. Nevertheless, you can do a patch test to see if the product suits you. This will enable you to monitor how you are responding to the substances in the product and if it is working well on your skin type. We genuinely hope that this list will aid you in making an informed judgement.