Whether you’re dealing with dull/dry hair, frizzy hair, or dandruff, coconut oil is a remedy that will cure all such concerns. It is one of the most used oils in India, both for application and for cooking. Most mothers have used coconut oil on the skin and hair of their babies since childbirth as it is a fantastic moisturiser. It’s enriched with minerals and has antimicrobial properties that keep your skin and hair healthy, no matter the weather. If you need a good hair oil to strengthen and add sheen to your locks, check out our list of the best coconut oil brands in India.
|Our Top Picks||Best Prices on Amazon|
|Forest Essentials||Check Prices|
|Kama Ayurveda||Check Prices|
How Do We Choose the Best Coconut Oil for You?
Coconut oil is prominent across millions of Indian households and why shouldn’t it be? It’s loaded with benefits and is quite affordable compared to other oils in the market. In India, you can get great quality coconut oil ranging from Rs 90 to Rs 700. When choosing coconut oil, there are some factors that we consider to ensure you make the right purchase.
We check if the coconut oil is food-grade as that can also be used for consumption. We also ensure that the oil is extracted using the cold-pressed method for maximum nutrient retention. Other than that, we lookout for organic, chemical-free, and extra-virgin options so that you get the best of all.
In this article, you will find some of the most highly-rated products on Amazon so that you can choose what’s truly best for you!. Here you can also check best oil for hair growth & the list of top almond oils in India.
List of the Best Coconut Oil Brands in India
On this page:
Patanjali was initiated as an ayurvedic and herbal wellness brand that slowly expanded to become a massive FMCG company in India. It was launched in the year 2006 by Balkrishna and Baba Ramdev and has its headquarters in Haridwar, Uttarakhand. The brand majorly retails ayurvedic and herbal medicinal supplements and has several clinics across the country.
Prominent Features of the Patanjali Coconut Oil:
- Has a blend of pure coconut oil
- Comes in a jar so you can use it without any hassle during the colder months
- It’s also edible, so you can add it to your regular food to consume the benefits of this oil
- Jar weighs 200 grams
- Can be used on hair and skin
- No preservatives
- Has no artificial fragrances
- Has a weird smell
2. Forest Essentials
Forest Essentials is a renowned luxury beauty and fragrance brand in India that heavily relies on Ayurveda to make its products. It was launched in 2000 by Mira Kulkarni and has its headquarters in New Delhi, India. The brand picked up pace after it started supplying to the biggest hotel chains in the country. It has become a huge name in the beauty industry today and has millions of customers that are dedicated to using Forest Essentials products only.
Prominent Features of the Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil by Forest Essential:
- The oil is extracted using the cold-pressed technique from the freshest coconuts
- It has a subtle natural scent that makes it very relaxing for massages
- It’s also enriched with Vitamin E, so you stay protected from damaging sun rays and get a nice lustre in your hair
- You can apply it to your hair or skin and see the benefits for yourself
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 200 ml
- Eco-friendly packaging
- Has fragrance
3. Kama Ayurveda
Kama Ayurveda is another amazing beauty and wellness brand that’s based on Ayurveda. It was founded in the year 2002 by Vivek Sahni, Dave Chang, Rajshree Pathy, and Vikram Goyal. With headquarters in Noida, the brand supplies to several luxe hotels in India and has solid clientele in the US, Canada, and Europe.
Prominent Features of the Kama Ayurveda Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil:
- Perfect for taking good care of your hair and nourishing them properly
- It is super versatile, so you can also apply it on dull, dry, or chapped skin, and it will recover pretty quickly
- The lightweight and non-sticky formula will absorb instantly and thoroughly conditions your hair
- Makes skin soft and helps prevent dandruff
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 200 ml
- Pure and rich
- A little pricey
MaxCare is a popular coconut oil and powder brand from Karnataka that has been ruling the market with its top-notch products. It was founded in 1983 and is known to produce great quality coconut products.
Prominent Features of the Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil by MaxCare:
- It is sourced from fresh coconut milk
- You get unrefined oil that is full of essential nutrients and flavour that you’ve never experienced before
- The oil can be used as a dietary supplement or for application for hair and skin
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 500 ml
- Great for improving immunity and skin
- Cold-pressed oil
- May have an unpleasant smell
Founded in 1884 by S.K Burman, Dabur is a highly trusted consumer goods company in India. It has been actively present in the market with its high-quality launches, such as Dabur Honey. The brand mainly retails ayurvedic medicines and health supplements. It has its headquarters in Ghaziabad and a stellar presence in the international markets.
Prominent Features of the Gold Coconut Oil by Dabur:
- Ideal for applying to your hair and skin
- It contains pure oil extracted from fresh and top-graded coconuts in India
- Comes in a bottle which makes it super convenient to apply
- Comes in a secure bottle
- Weighs 175 ml
- Pure coconut oil
- Can be applied on hair and skin
No matter which part of India you live in, we bet you’ve surely heard the name of Parachute at least once. It is a prominent coconut oil brand in India that’s owned by Marico. It was launched in the year 1990 and has its headquarters in Mumbai, India. The brand became a huge hit after releasing its Parachute Advanced Coconut Oil, which is still the number one choice for millions in the country.
Notable Features of the Parachute 100% Pure Coconut Oil:
- Has the goodness of top-grade coconuts from India
- The coconuts are sun-dried properly, and oil is extracted using the safest practices
- This oil goes through a 5-stage purification process to ensure that you get hygiene and quality
- You can consume this oil and apply it to your hair and skin without any worries
- The bottle weighs 600 ml
- Comes in a tamper-proof packaging
- Contains no preservatives
- Packaging may not be very reliable
7. Coco Soul
Coco Soul is another coconut oil brand launched by Marico that’s taking the market by storm. It has a range of high-quality coconut products that are healthy for you and made with sublime ingredients. If you’re looking for pure and unadulterated coconut products, this brand is the one for you.
Prominent Features of Coco Soul Coconut Oil:
- It has a rich nutritional profile since it’s extracted using the cold-pressed method
- It contains Medium Chain Triglycerides that help in proper weight management and lead you to a healthier lifestyle
- You can consume it to increase immunity or apply it to your hair to condition them deeply
- Comes in a bottle
- Weighs 250 ml
- Non GMO
- May cause irritation on skin
Meera is a popular brand that deals in the skincare and haircare department. It has a wide range of products that are made with pure ingredients and are super beneficial for you. If you’re looking for an oil that would strengthen and soften your hair, you must check out this brand.
Prominent Features of the Meera Pure Coconut Oil:
- It is extracted from the finest quality of Dala Copra
- It has a smooth and fresh aroma that doesn’t irritate you at all
- Adds shine and smoothness to hair
- Contains no preservatives
- No artificial colour
- May not suit everyone
9. Indus Valley
Indus Valley is an organic beauty and wellness brand that holds decades of experience in this field. Over the years, it has managed to gain a loyal clientele in the country with its superb quality products. The brand is USDA and FSSAI certified, so you can stay assured of its quality and credibility.
Prominent Features of the Bio Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil by Indus Valley:
- It is enriched with Vitamin E to make it healthy for your skin and hair
- It’s extracted using the cold-pressed method that ensures that you get all the nutrients and proteins to strengthen your hair
- Since it comes in a jar, you can stop worrying about your coconut oil freezing in winters and scoop it out whenever you like
- You can also use it on your dry and damaged skin as it works as an insane moisturiser
- Weighs 175 ml
- No added chemicals
- SLS free
- No silicones or artificial fragrances
- May not be easily available in stores
DiSano is a relatively newer foods brand in India that has managed to compete with top-notch brands due to its quality. It was launched in 2013 and has its headquarters in Kolkata, India. It majorly retails food products such as edible oils, pasta, sauces, condiments, olives, Soyabean etc. You can easily find its products via Amazon or even at a nearby store now.
Prominent Features of the Cold-Pressed Virgin Oil by DiSano:
- It is made with the purest and most unadulterated ingredients
- It follows the heat-free extraction method, which results in retaining its original nutrient profile
- Since this oil is high in medium-chain fatty acids, consuming it can help in weight management
- You can apply it to your hair to deeply nourish them and get silky smooth hair within no time
- Comes in 250 ml, 500 ml, and 1l variants
- No added minerals
- May not be as pure as you like
11. Organic India
Founded in 1997 by Bharat Mitra and Bhavani Lev, Organic India is a popular foods and consumer goods brand in India. The brand became famous for its wide variety of green teas and slowly gained a reputable position in the market. It manufactures organic products that are derived using natural and chemical-free methods.
Prominent Features of the Cold-Pressed Virgin Oil by Organic India:
- It comes to you in its rawest and purest form
- The cold-pressed method ensures that you get the highest nutrients and the natural aroma of coconut oil in your jars
- It’s totally edible so you can consume it for health management and tackle issues such as thyroid
- It’s also ideal for application on hair and skin so if you’re dealing with dullness or dryness, go for it!
- Weighs 500 ml
- Extra-virgin oil
- May not taste good
12. Sri Sri Tattva
Sri Sri Tattva is a popular ayurvedic health and wellness brand that was founded in 2003 by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar. The brand majorly retails beauty products, health supplements, and foods made with natural ingredients. With headquarters in Bangalore, the brand operates smoothly across India and has a great online presence as well. You can easily get your hands on one of its products by visiting its website or browsing through Amazon.
Prominent Features of the Organic Coconut Oil by Sri Sri Tattva:
- It is derived using cold-pressing, so you get the best quality oil only
- It’s ideal for application on hair to strengthen and nourish them
- All you need to do is massage this oil on your scalp, leave it overnight, and see great results the next day
- Comes in a secure bottle packaging
- Weighs 100 ml
What are the best selling coconut oil brands in India?
Patanjali, Kama Ayurveda, Forest Essentials, Meera, and MaxCare are some of the best coconut oil brands in India.
Which coconut oil is pure?
Virgin and extra-virgin coconut oil extracted using the cold-pressed method is the purest of all.