Fed up with those pesky zits and pimples that pop up on your face? You need to switch to an acne-prone face wash that penetrates deep into the skin and prevents impurities from clogging the pores. To help you choose from so many available options in the market, we have shortlisted the 20 best acne face washes that curb the growth of acne and prevent future breakouts. You can also check this list of best brands of face wash for blackheads & foam face wash brands in India.
Our Top Recommendations
How Do We Choose the Best Acne Face Washes for You?
Acne is the worst enemy of the skin and can turn into a gross settlement of annoying breakouts that refuse to go away. However, with the right face wash, you can tackle the situation and refresh the skin internally for clear, smooth skin. In the Indian market, you can find a plethora of options for all budgets. You can get a good quality face wash for your acne-prone skin on a budget of Rs 100 to Rs 1,500.
Before moving ahead with our top picks, have a look at the factors that we considered for making the selection.
Type of Skin
Majorly acne is caused either by oily or combination skin, and there are different face washes for both skin types. This makes it important to consider it while making a selection. If you are someone with oily skin, an oil-control face wash is a good choice as it also helps in removing impurities and dirt. However, for people with combination skin, a mild face wash is a great choice. You will get options for both of these in this list.
Looking at the ingredients list is of utmost importance to ensure effective results. Acne-prone skin is sensitive and requires a mild facewash with ingredients like aloe vera, green tea, tea tree, Vitamin C, salicylic acid, etc. All these ingredients help balance the natural oils on the skin and remove dirt and grime.
List of 20 Best Acne Face Washes for Clear Skin
WOW Skin Science Anti-Acne Face Wash
WOW Skin Science is known for its ultimate collection of organic products. It is a safe, paraben-free, and silicone-free brand that specialises in skincare, haircare, bath and body, wellness, and nutritional supplements. However, we adore its range of face washes, especially its Anti-Acne Face Wash.
Prominent Features of the WOW Skin Science Anti-Acne Face Wash:
- The gentle formulation even provides relief from itchiness and redness
- This face wash helps lighten acne scars and spots
- Good for oily, acne-prone skin, it prevents acne eruptions
- Two sizes of packaging: 100 ml and 200 ml
- Infused with Vitamins B5 & E, it has rich anti-oxidant properties
- Hydrates the skin
- Clinically proven
- Refreshes skin
Why We Picked the WOW Skin Science Anti-Acne Face Wash?
This facewash by WOW Skin Science is packed with dominant ingredients like tea tree oil and neem leaf extracts. It helps clear blackheads and whiteheads and prevent acne breakouts effectively.
The Moms Co. Natural Vita Rich Face Wash
The Moms Co. is a natural and PETA-certified brand that manufactures cruelty-free products. The brand is known for its baby and mommy-safe products like shampoos, soaps, moisturisers, and more. We particularly love its Natural Vita Rich face wash that works well on acne and prevents acne eruptions.
Prominent Features of The Moms Co. Natural Vita Rich Face Wash:
- Enriched with ingredients like vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, witch hazel, and neem
- Free from mineral oil, sulphates (SLS, SLES), parabens, DEA/TEA, synthetic fragrances, etc.
- This gentle formula cleanses the skin and reduces pigmentation
- It is a dermatologically tested formula that is safe to use
- Improves hydration
- Toxin free formula
- Reduce pigmentation
- Great packaging
- The smell might not be liked by everyone
Why We Picked The Moms Co. Natural Vita Rich Face Wash?
The Moms Co. Natural Vita Rich Face Wash is an effective face cleanser that removes the build-up of dead skin cells and offers smooth, clear skin. It also holds the natural moisture balance of the skin and ensures good health.
Forest Essentials Delicate Facial Cleanser
A well-known Ayurvedic brand, Forest Essentials has a loyal base of users who trust its effect. It has been a prominent choice for many households. From marketing a range of products specific to wellness, hair care, body care, etc., it also sells products targeting various skin concerns.
Prominent Features of the Forest Essentials Delicate Facial Cleanser:
- This gentle face cleaner removes excess oil & prevents acne
- It reduces pigmentation and leaves the skin soft, and supply
- The goodness of honey helps to protect the skin from harmful UV rays
- Rich in healing, cooling, anti-bacterial, and purifying properties
- 3 size bottles available: 50 ml, 130 ml, and 200 ml
- Reduces blemishes
- Anti-oxidant properties
- Gentle on the skin
- Sturdy packaging
- It is slightly expensive
Why We Picked the Forest Essentials Delicate Facial Cleanser?
We trust this Forest Essentials Delicate Facial Cleanser with Kashmiri saffron and neem extracts for combating the common skin condition acne. It clears clogged skin pores and replenishes the skin with the required moisture, leaving it soft, clean, and supple.
Sirona Anti-Acne Face Wash
Sirona is one of the first Indian companies to focus on menstrual hygiene and intimate care. The brand essentially manufactures menstrual cups, sanitary pads, panty liners, and many more personal hygiene products. But it is also known for having a range of serums, body washes, beauty accessories, and face washes for various skin conditions.
Prominent Features of the Sirona Anti-Acne Face Wash:
- Packed with zit-zapping ingredients, this face wash reduces breakouts
- The goodness of aloe vera helps in reducing redness & adds moisture
- Anti-bacterial properties of the face wash calm reactive skin
- It is a natural formula that is free from parabens, mineral oil, and SLS
- Dermatologically tested
- For all skin types
- Calms inflammation
- For women & men
- Single size packaging
Why We Picked the Sirona Anti-Acne Face Wash?
Sirona Anti-Acne Face Wash is a perfect combination of neem and tea tree that helps to reduce blemishes and fight acne. This face wash is a gentle formula that clears up the skin and reduces sebum production for clean skin.
Plum Green Tea Pore Cleansing Face Wash
Plum Goodness is India’s first 100% vegan brand that uses naturally derived ingredients for making beauty products. It has a wide gamut of products that ensure your skin steers clear of acne, blemishes, and breakouts. One such product is Green Tea Pore Cleansing Face Wash.
Prominent Features of the Plum Green Tea Pore Cleansing Face Wash:
- The product has Glycolic Acid and Green Tea extracts that brighten the skin tone
- It soothes the skin and controls sebum production preventing acne breakouts
- Designed for oily skin, it has a gel consistency that works gently on the skin
- Available in 3 sizes of packings: 25 ml, 75 ml, and 120 ml
- Cruelty-free formula
- Rich in antioxidants
- Exfoliates the skin
- Effective lathering
Why We Picked the Plum Green Tea Pore Cleansing Face Wash?
Plum Green Tea Pore Cleansing Face Wash is a unique soap-free formula that gently yet thoroughly removes excess oil from the skin. It contains cellulose beads that act as a gentle scrub and offer mild exfoliation.
Re’equil Oil Control Anti Acne Face Wash
Looking for a liquid face wash for oily or sensitive skin? Re’equil has it for you. The brand is recommended by dermatologists across regions and brings forth a range of products that have an effective action on various skin conditions, including acne breakouts. If you are dealing with acne, you can pick Re’equil Oil Control Anti Acne Face Wash without thinking twice.
Prominent Features of the Re’equil Oil Control Anti Acne Face Wash:
- Free of soap base and sulphate, it is perfect for sensitive and acne-prone skin
- It is rich in Citric Acid and Zinc PCA that reduce acne and unclog skin pores
- This face wash retains the natural moisture balance of the skin
- Soothes itchiness and redness while removing dead skin cells
- Prevents dryness
- Maintains pH balance
- Tested for safe usage
- Clinically proven ingredients
Aroma Magic Neem And Tea Tree Face Wash
One of the largest aromatherapy cosmetic brands in India, Aroma Magic brings a spectrum of products for you to choose from. Pamper your skin with its soothing face wash with Neem, and Tea Tree, which works well in dealing with acne.
Prominent Features of the Aroma Magic Neem And Tea Tree Face Wash:
- This variant is rich in extracts of neem, rose, tea tree, and lavender oil
- It controls acne, prevents blackheads, lightens blemishes, and improves skin tone
- Prevents skin from the pollution that causes wrinkles, breakdown, and ageing
- This face wash is best suited for people with oily skin
- Comes packed in recyclable packaging
- Free from chemicals
- Prevents blackheads
- Lighten scars
- Good for daily use
- Not suitable for dry skin
Minimalist 2% Salicylic Acid Face Wash
Minimalist skincare is a high-quality yet affordable beauty brand with a range of skincare products that work effectively on various skin conditions. We recommend its 2% Salicylic Acid Face Wash that clears acne and prevents future breakouts.
Prominent Features of the Minimalist 2% Salicylic Acid Face Wash:
- This face wash has a sulphate-free, non-drying formula for safe use
- It can be used on combination and oily skin without the fear of irritation
- Formulated at pH 4.5-5.5 and is fragrance-free
- Comes in a liquid form for convenient use
- Targets acne, clogged pores, tiny bumps, oiliness, and more
- Dermatologically tested
- Non-irritant formula
- Free from dyes
- Deep pore cleansing
- It might make your face feel dry
Sebamed Clear Face Foam
A brand recommended by most dermatologists, Sebamed is perfect for people who have sensitive skin and suffer from frequent acne breakouts. The brand specialises in making products that curb the growth of acne-causing bacteria, and one such product is its Clear Face Foam.
Prominent Features of the Sebamed Clear Face Foam:
- It is known to combat pimples and blackheads while sucking out skin impurities
- This face wash deep cleans the pores and has a gentle effect on the skin
- Dermatologically tested formula; it is soap-free and chemical-free
- Maintains the ideal pH of 5.5 and ensures healthy, glowing skin
- Comes in dual-size packings: 50 ml and 150 ml
- Mild formula
- SLS & paraben free
- Pleasant fragrance
- Contains coconut
- It can be slightly drying
Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser
One of the most recommended face wash for sensitive and acne-prone skin is Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion. It is a non-comedogenic face wash that helps fight acne effectively. Thanks to the increasing consumer demand, more drugstores began selling it.
Prominent Features of the Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser:
- It is a soap-free formula that is recommended by leading dermatologists
- The gentle foaming, non-irritating formula of the face wash prevents acne
- This cleanser removes oils, dirt, and makeup without making the skin feel dry
- Helps maintain the pH balance of the skin
- Comes in travel-friendly packaging
- Hypoallergenic formula
- It is a bit expensive
Kaya Acne Free Purifying Cleanser
Kaya Ltd. began its journey in 2003. It has a range of Kaya Clinics across India and the Middle East and more than 100 retail stores spread across regions. Its broad spectrum of skin-friendly products offers a visible effect on the skin, especially its face washes. Pick Kaya Skin Clinic’s Acne Free Purifying Cleanser if you want a go-to solution to treat acne-prone skin.
Prominent Features of the Kaya Acne Free Purifying Cleanser:
- It has an adequate quantity of Salicylic Acid that reduces acne and prevents future breakouts
- This mild face wash works well for combination, oily, and acne-prone skin
- The face wash has a pleasant fragrance that feels soothing & refreshed
- Removing excess oil from the skin, it offers a nourished, acne-free glowing skin
- Cleans off dirt
- Prevent whiteheads
- Has salicylic acid
Lotus Herbals Teatreewash Face Wash
One of India’s most popular natural cosmetics companies, Lotus Herbals, started its journey in 1993. This brand takes pride in offering a blend of ancient wisdom from the Vedas and modern technology. It has a range of facial cleansers that are highly effective in dealing with acne.
Prominent Features of the Lotus Herbals Teatreewash Face Wash:
- This anti-acne face wash comes with dominant tea tree and cinnamon extracts
- It soothes the skin, reduces excess oil, and regulates the production of sebum
- The cleanser promotes blood flow and helps in adding a natural glow
- Regular use of the wash soothes the skin & removes dust build-up
- Fights blemishes
- Detoxifies the skin
- No toxic chemicals
- It takes time to show results
Garnier Men AcnoFight Face Wash
Garnier is another well-known brand in the Indian market that offers high-quality skincare products. If you’re looking for an acne cleansing face wash by this brand, pick Garnier Naturals Men Acno-fight face wash. Suitable for tough skin, it keeps acne at bay.
Prominent Features of the Garnier Men AcnoFight Face Wash:
- Suitable for normal to oily skin, it fights 99.9% of pimple-causing germs
- Infused with salicylic actives & herba repair to balance the oil
- It dries out pimples, uproots blackheads, and lightens marks
- Rich anti-inflammatory properties ensure healthy and soothing skin
- Refreshing fragrance
- For sensitive skin
- Reduces redness
- Recyclable packaging
Biotique Bio Neem Purifying Face Wash
Biotique brings you a gamut of ayurvedic products in an affordable range. Founded in 1992, the brand is known for its 100% botanical products that do not involve animal testing. It also has a host of options when it comes to facial cleansers for acne.
Prominent Features of the Biotique Bio Neem Purifying Face Wash:
- The anti-bacterial gel effectively curbs the growth of acne-causing bacteria
- Neem Purifying Face Wash has botanical extracts that ensure healthy skin
- It is an alcohol-free and paraben formula that is not tested on animals
- Comes with a shelf life of 36 months and has a gel-like texture
- Its packaging is eco-friendly and recyclable
- Natural ingredients
- Dermatologically tested
- Cruelty-free formula
- Keeps skin hydrated
- Not so quick with the results
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash
Neutrogena is a leading dermatologist-recommended skincare brand. It has a wide array of skin and hair care products in its kitty. For acne-prone skin, we trust Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Face Wash, which has 2% salicylic acid and chamomile flower extracts.
Prominent Features of the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash:
- It helps to reduce acne, prevent breakouts, and soothe the skin
- This face wash deep cleans the skin and leaves it hydrated and fresh
- Oil-free and non-comedogenic formula, it prevents irritation & dryness
- Regular use of the face wash leaves the skin clean, residue-free, & oil-free
- Contains skin soothers
- Removes dead skin cells
- Dermatologist tested
- Easy on skin
- It is a little expensive
Khadi Natural Neem & Tulsi Face Wash
A leading manufacturer, exporter, and supplier of natural products, Khadi covers 18 states and 35 authorised distributors all over India. Its products comply with WHO, GMP, and ISO standards and are replete with active herbal ingredients. You can pick Khadi Neem and Tulsi Face Wash for anti-acne and pimple-free skin.
Prominent Features of the Khadi Natural Neem & Tulsi Face Wash:
- Infused with tulsi, which has innumerable benefits for the skin
- Also contains aloe vera extract, tea tree oil, wheatgerm oil, etc.
- This facewash enhances the health as well as the texture of the skin
- It works effectively on acne and pimples, reducing them over time
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Controls oil secretion
- Repairs skin damage
- Affordable pricing
Himalaya Clarina Anti-Acne Fashwash Gel
Himalaya was founded by M Manal with a clear vision to bring Ayurveda to society in its contemporary form. Founded in 1930, this company offers a wide array of personal care products that are gentle, effective, and safe for long-term use. You must try its Himalaya Clarina Anti-acne Face Wash Gel if you’re looking for a natural face wash for acne and pimples.
Prominent Features of the Himalaya Clarina Anti-Acne Fashwash Gel:
- It deep cleans the skin and eliminates acne-causing bacteria
- This face wash has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe the skin
- Has rich antiseptic, astringent and anti-bacterial properties
- The goodness of turmeric soothes the skin and evens out the skin tone
- Has healing properties
- Retains skin elasticity
- Reduces sebum production
- Deals with scars
Clean & Clear Pimple Clearing Face Wash
A globally popular brand for skincare products, Clean and Clear understands the unique needs of your skin. Its Pimple Clearing Face Wash is formulated with neem and lemon, promising clearer skin within 7 days. Highly trusted for its action on acne and pimples, this face wash is a great pick.
Prominent Features of the Clean & Clear Pimple Clearing Face Wash:
- Has the goodness of anti-bacterial neem, hydrating aloe vera, and vitamin C
- Fight pimples at the root, offering a clear, healthy, and glowing skin
- It leaves the skin hydrated and makes you look bright and vibrant with no scars
- This oil-free formula is safe to use and feels gentle on the skin
- Mild fragrance
- Neem-lemon formula
- Quick results
- A range of options
- Not a good choice for very oily skin
Jovees Herbal Neem Face Wash
Jovees is a herbal cosmetics brand that makes beauty products with organic and natural ingredients. Its range of Ayurvedic products caters to skin conditions like pigmentation, blemishes, and acne. Try Jovees Tea Tree Oil Control Face Wash and say goodbye to acne-causing bacteria.
Prominent Features of the Jovees Herbal Neem Face Wash:
- Formulated with botanical extracts and precious herbs, it helps control pimples and acne
- Anti-inflammatory properties of the face wash combat redness and irritation
- It aids regeneration of skin cells and helps reduce acne scars for clear skin
- Suitable for people having oily and sensitive skin, it is free from parabens, alcohol, etc.
- Clinically tested formula
- For men and women
- Antiseptic properties
- Lifts away impurities
The Derma Co 1% Salicylic Acid Gel Face Wash
The Derma Co is a dermatologist-recommended brand that offers a great range of products for all skin types and concerns. All its products contain desired actives that penetrate deep into the skin and eliminate acne-causing bacteria without making the skin look or feel dry.
Prominent Features of The Derma Co 1% Salicylic Acid Gel Face Wash:
- 1% Salicylic Acid Gel Face Wash is an effective formulation that controls oil production
- The goodness of witch hazel tightens the large pores & relieves the inflammation
- Rich anti-inflammatory properties deal with red-inflamed pimples and acne marks
- Free from mineral oil, dye, parabens, and sulfate, it is safe to use and does not cause harm
- Easy to absorb
- Removes dead skin cells
- Lightweight formula
- Natural ingredients
- A bit pricey but value for the money
Acne face washes are an effective solution for cleaning excess oil, sweat, and dirt, thereby giving you clean and clear, glowing skin. In this blog, we have listed some of the best options that actually work to remove acne. From this list, the acne face washes from WOW Skin Science, Plum Goodness, and Minimalist are our top choices; let us know which ones are your favourite. While all these options are made with skin-friendly, safe-to-use ingredients, you can consult a dermatologist to prevent side effects. Else you can also perform a patch test to know whether the product suits you or not.
1. Do facial cleansers help clear acne?
Yes, facial cleansers are much more effective in clearing acne as these cleansers are free of soap bases and other additives.
2. Does Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser clear acne?
Yes, Cetaphil is a dermatologist-recommended American brand popular across countries for its effect on the skin. Its Gentle Skin Cleanser clears acne and prevents them from coming back.
3. What acne products do dermatologists recommend?
Dermatologists recommend products that are safe for most skin types. Unlike others, dermatologist-recommended brands do not contain additives and have fewer foaming agents to ensure effective action on skin conditions. You can pick products by Cetaphil, Sebamed, Re’equil, and Neutrogena if you’re looking for dermatologist-recommended brands.
4. How can I get clear skin at home?
To get clear skin at home, you can try various home remedies like chickpea flour mask, honey and lemon mask, etc., or invest in a good facial cleanser and follow a strict skincare routine followed by a moisturiser.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
We at CashKaro, have a passionate team who works hard to provide our users with honest product analyses and suggestions. To assist you with your shopping experience, we only choose the top brands and goods on the marketplace. Before curating this list of the best acne face washes in India, we assessed the formula, texture, effectiveness, and ingredients of the products. Moreover, we also ensured that all the products we chose for this list had positive customer reviews. Hope you find this list helpful in making an informed decision.