Over 80% of the population across the globe has either naturally black hair or the deepest shade of brown. Out of the total pool, most women get grey hair around the age of 35, and men are prone to greying of hair during their 30s. While finding hair colouring products for women is relatively easy, there are only a few brands that cater to the hair colouring needs of men. However, we have simplified your research with our list of the best hair colours for men. Check out our hand-picked recommendations.
|Our Top Picks||Best Prices on Amazon|
How Do We Choose the Best Hair Colours for You?
Hair colours are a huge hit today due to their convenience, accessibility, and great results. In India, you can get good quality hair colours ranging from Rs 150 to Rs 799 or more. Here are some important factors we considered before creating this list.
Usage and Longevity
Nobody wants their hair colours to get messy, so we’ve added easy-to-use colours here. Most products come with instructions, are very easy to use, and can be removed without hassle. We also added products that do not stain your skin and are skin-friendly.
The list comprises hair colours made using natural ingredients such as black tea, jojoba oil, argan oil, reetha, amla, etc. We have also excluded hair colours that contain ammonia or any other harmful chemicals, as they can cause adverse effects on your skin.
List of the Top 10 Hair Colours for Men in India
On this page:
- 1. VIP Hair Colour Shampoo for Men
- 2. Revlon Top Speed Hair Colour for Men
- 3. Garnier Men Colour Naturals
- 4. Indica Easy Shampoo Hair Colour
- 5. Bigen Men’s Speedy Hair Colour
- 6. Godrej Expert Men’s Hair Colour
- 7. Just For Men Shampoo-In Hair Colour
- 8. Biotique Bio Herbcolor Conditioning Hair Colour
- 9. Beardo Beard Colour For Men
- 10. Indus Valley Speedy and Easy Hair Colour
- Which brand of hair colour is best in India?
- Which hair colour is best for men’s hair?
- Which hair colour is safest in India?
1. VIP Hair Colour Shampoo for Men
Established in 2017 by Buy Happy Marketing LLP, VIP is one of India’s most popular hair care brands. It retails innovative hair colour shampoos that are super efficient and easy to use. The company is headquartered in Chennai, and its products can be easily bought via Amazon.
Prominent Features of the VIP Hair Colour Shampoo:
- VIP hair colour for men comes in a shampoo formula
- With this best hair colour for men, you not only enhance your hair colour but also add volume to your hair
- This men’s hair colour is a non-drip formula
- Enriched with the goodness of pearl extracts to provide you with a vibrant and elegant hair colour finish
- Weighs 180 ml
- Long-lasting results
- Doesn’t cause stains
- The colour might stain your hands, though
Why We Picked the VIP Hair Colour Shampoo?
One of the best in the market, this colour shampoo is ideal for 100% grey coverage, this men’s hair dye can be used for the head, moustache, beard, and chest. The hair colour has a pleasant fragrance and is tear-free in case of contact with the eye
2. Revlon Top Speed Hair Colour for Men
Revlon is a reliable brand when it comes to hair colour products. This American brand was founded in 1932 by Joseph Revson, Charles Revson, and Charles Lachman and has its head office in Manhattan, New York. You can also find cosmetics, skincare, and hair care products under this brand.
Prominent Features of the Revlon Top Speed Hair Colour:
- This powder hair colour comes with an easy-to-use applicator
- It is infused with the goodness of mother of pearl and ginseng root extracts
- Helps make hair shiny and protect them from damage
- The multi-use kit contains a colourant, developer, hair comb, retouching brush, a pair of gloves and an after-colour conditioner
- Weighs 180 grams
- Suitable for all hair types
- Easy to apply
- Covers greys efficiently
- Results in shiny, soft hair
- Might cause some dryness
Why We Picked the Revlon Top Speed Hair Colour?
Formulated with Revlon’s expertise in the beauty industry, this hair colour can offer a perfect salon-like touch to men’s hair in just one application. The hair colour works efficiently and gives you pleasant results within 30 minutes.
3. Garnier Men Colour Naturals
Founded in 1904 by Alfred Amour Garnier, Garnier is a popular skincare, haircare, and cosmetics brand in India. The company is based out of Clichy, France and has a huge customer base in India.
Prominent Features of the Garnier Hair Colour for Men:
- Formulated with the goodness of three essential oils, namely olive oil, almond oil, and coconut oil
- A nourishing formula that makes hair smooth and shiny
- This hair colour for men can offer complete coverage in just 30 minutes
- It has a non-drip formula that can be easily applied using a colouring brush
- Weighs 60 grams
- Consists of individual sachets for easy storage
- Has Olive Oil which is extremely beneficial for the scalp
- No Ammonia
- Time taking application process
Why We Picked the Garnier Hair Colour for Men?
This hair colour for men contains natural ingredients, is free of ammonia and can last up to 8 weeks after one application. It has a pleasant smell. This package contains a colourant, developer, disposable gloves, and hair conditioner.
4. Indica Easy Shampoo Hair Colour
Making its way as a rightful entrant on our list of the best hair colours for men is the Indica Easy Plus Shampoo Hair Colour. The brand was founded in 1995 and retails top-quality herbal hair colours in the country.
Prominent Features of the Indica Easy Shampoo Hair Colour:
- It comes with the promise of no ammonia and 100% coverage that lasts long
- It hosts the goodness of amla, bhringraj, henna, methi, and hibiscus to keep your hair nourished at the same time
- This shampoo-based paste can be applied easily without any help and works like magic in just 10 minutes
- Has 10 packs, and each weighs 18 ml
- Fast action
- Ayurvedic ingredients
- Shampoo based
Why We Picked the Indica Easy Shampoo Hair Colour?
This herbal hair colour can be one of your best picks to keep your hair healthy at its prime. It has a nourishing formula made using natural ingredients such as hibiscus, henna, methi, amla, etc., that truly benefit your hair. On top of that, the product is super easy and hassle-free to use.
5. Bigen Men’s Speedy Hair Colour
Bigen is a Japanese brand that’s owned by the popular pharma company Hoyu. The company makes top-notch hair colours that are easily available on Amazon.
Prominent Features of the Bigen Men’s Hair Colour:
- It contains no ammonia and is enriched with Aloe Vera extracts along with the goodness of Olive Oil
- It is easy to apply to any part of your hair with the Fast-Touch Comb, which comes in the packet
- One of the best hair dyes for men in India, this hair colour leaves almost no stain on the skin
- The hair colour box includes a comb for easy application, along with a developer box
- Weighs 80 grams
- Easy to apply
- No ammonia
- Nourishes the scalp
- It might stain your nails
Why We Picked the Bigen Men’s Hair Colour?
This hair colour from Bigen contains olive oil, glycerine, and pullulan that deeply condition your hair while dying them. Its no-ammonia formula is perfect to use on your hair. Moreover, it leaves no stains after you’re done so a great pick for beginners as well.
6. Godrej Expert Men’s Hair Colour
Our next pick in this list of the best hair colours for men is an old stalwart of the hair dye industry, the Godrej men’s hair colour, which has beautifully revolutionised its product over the years. The multinational conglomerate was founded in 1897 by Ardeshir Godrej and Pirojsha Burjorji Godrej and has its head office in Mumbai.
Prominent Features of the Godrej Expert Rich Crème Hair Colour:
- Boasting a rich crème formula, this is one of the easiest hair dyes for men
- All you need to do is just mix and apply to achieve luscious black hair within no time
- Infused with aloe vera and milk protein that keep your hair nourished
- Offers 100% grey coverage
- Weighs 80 grams + 80 ml
- No Ammonia
- 100% coverage
- Available in 4 variants
- Reasonably priced
Why We Picked the Godrej Expert Rich Crème Hair Colour?
It is a no-ammonia hair colour which helps prevent hair damage and is enriched with the goodness of Aloe Vera and milk protein. Resulting in silkily smooth black hair, this black hair dye for men is going to be one of your best-ever decisions. Also, its pre-measured sachets provide added user convenience and let your dye your hair without any measurement hiccups.
Moreover, if you are looking for a hair gel to style your hair. Check out our list of premium hair gels for men. Do have a look and let us know which one you choose out of all.
7. Just For Men Shampoo-In Hair Colour
One of the best hair colours for men, this fast and easy Shampoo-In formula by Just for Men delivers a natural grey-free look. The brand also makes beard colours that are loved by men in India.
Prominent Features of the Just For Men Shampoo-In Hair Colour:
- It targets only grey hair and keeps your natural hair colour intact
- Enriched with keratin protein, olive oil, aloe, vitamin E and chamomile
- This hair colour leaves your hair thicker and healthier after each application
- It is free from ammonia and works in just 5 minutes to yield professional results
- This hair colour lasts for up to 8 weeks.
- Fast action
- Higher price point as compared to industry counterparts
8. Biotique Bio Herbcolor Conditioning Hair Colour
Biotique is one of India’s most trusted skincare, haircare, and cosmetics brands. The company was launched in 1992 by Vinita Jain and has its headquarters in Noida, Uttar Pradesh. It retails herbal hair colours that you can easily buy from Amazon.
Prominent Features of the Biotique Bio Herbcolour Conditioner Hair Colour:
- Contains herbal ingredients such as black tea, hibiscus, shikakai, bhringraj etc
- Also has argan oil and avocado oil that offers ample nourishment to your hair
- You can apply it multiple times to get healthy and shiny hair
- The blend of intense pigments and botanical ingredients adds a nice colour to your hair
- Weighs 50 grams + 110 ml
- Contains natural ingredients
- Might not be very long-lasting
9. Beardo Beard Colour For Men
Beardo is one of India’s finest grooming and personal care brands for men. It was launched in 2015 by Priyank Shah and Ashutosh Valani and has its headquarters in Ahmedabad.
Prominent Features of the Beardo Beard Colour for Men:
- Soft crème formula that glides easily and nourishes your skin
- Has a nice pigment that adds natural-looking black colour to your beard
- Has a non-dripping formula and doesn’t irritate or stain your skin
- Weighs 60 ml
- No ammonia
- Very easy to remove
- Might cause some staining
10. Indus Valley Speedy and Easy Hair Colour
Indus Valley makes organic skincare, haircare, and personal care products that are quite popular in India. The brand was founded in 2006 and has its headquarters in New Delhi.
Prominent Features of the Indus Valley Speedy and Easy Hair Colour:
- A gentle formula that colours your hair within 10 minutes
- Infused with natural ingredients to make your hair look and feel healthier
- Also prevents hair loss and keeps the scalp hydrated
- Has jojoba, coconut, amla, aloe vera, and basil which are very beneficial for your hair
- Weighs 200 ml + 20 grams
- It will not irritate your skin
- Has a pleasant fragrance
- It might cause some stains
- It is recommended that you test a pea-sized amount of the product, and all on this list for that matter, on your skin 48 hours before application to check if it suits your skin type.
Hair colours have become quite demanding as people look out for easier ways to take care of their hair. In this article, we have listed some of the best hair colours in India based on their formula, chemical content, and suitable hair type. While we really love the products from VIP, Garnier, and Bigen, let us know which one you love the most!
Which brand of hair colour is best in India?
Brands such as Garnier, Godrej, and Indica are considered some of the best hair colour brands in India.
Which hair colour is best for men’s hair?
Bigen and Garnier make some of the best hair colours for men in India.
Which hair colour is safest in India?
L’Oreal, Indica, and Indus Valley make safe and clean hair colours in India.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Our team of skilled researchers take the time to try and study different products before creating these lists. For the hair colour blog, we considered factors such as hair type, ingredients, formula, and chemical content. Since our goal is to make online shopping much more hassle-free for our readers, you will never find shady product recommendations here.