If you are trying to grow your hair longer, using harsh shampoos with chemicals is pretty counterintuitive. All these shampoos will do is dry out your hair and cause your hair to fall. For faster and healthier hair growth, you need to look for herbal shampoos. Best herbal shampoos contain natural ingredients that are used in a lot of home remedies for hair growth. Up ahead, check out the shampoos that will make your hair grow faster than ever.
|Our Top Picks||Best Prices on Amazon|
|Herbal Essences||Check Prices|
How Do We Choose the Best Herbal Shampoos for You?
If you’re not a fan of chemical-heavy shampoos that might hurt your hair in the long run, switching to herbal shampoos can be a great decision. In India, you can get great quality herbal shampoos ranging from Rs 90 to Rs 799 or more. Here are some basic factors we considered before curating this list.
We added products that had natural ingredients to treat your hair concerns without causing any harm. Some of the best herbal ingredients for your hair are amla, reetha, aloe, bhringraj, oils, bhringraj, shikakai, natural protein, etc. These ingredients nourish and strengthen your hair from within, making them silky and voluminous.
The main goal behind using herbal shampoos is to steer clear of chemicals that aren’t good for you. Most of the products added here are free of parabens, sulphates, and mineral oils and are cruelty-free.
A good herbal shampoo will have a gentle formula that cleanses your scalp and hair without stripping off its natural oils. We have added highly nourishing shampoos that will gently cleanse the dirt away and maintain the integrity of your hair.
List of the Top Herbal Shampoos for Hair Growth in India
On this page:
- 1. Herbal Essences Long-Term Shampoo For Long Hair
- 2. Organix Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo
- 3. Biotique Bio Walnut Bark Fresh Lift Body Building Shampoo
- 4. Patanjali Kesh Kanti Shikakai Shampoo
- 5. Matrix Biolage Fiberstrong Strengthening Shampoo
- 6. Khadi Amla & Bhringraj Shampoo
- 7. VLCC Soya Protein Conditioning Shampoo
- 8. Biotique Bio Kelp Fresh Growth Protein Shampoo
- 9. Himalaya Herbals Anti-Hair Fall Shampoo
- 10. Vaadi Amla Shikakai Shampoo
- 11. Lever Ayush Anti Hairfall Bhringraj Shampoo
- Q. What shampoos help with hair growth?
- Q. What is the best product for hair growth?
- Q. Which Sunsilk Shampoo is best for hair growth?
- Q. Does protein shampoo help hair grow?
- Q. Does not shampoo help hair grow?
- Q. Does Biotin Shampoo help hair growth?
- Q. Do hair growth shampoos actually work?
- Q. Does oiling the scalp help hair grow?
1. Herbal Essences Long-Term Shampoo For Long Hair
Founded in 1971, Herbal Essences is a prominent hair care brand owned by Procter & Gamble. It’s known worldwide for producing top-notch shampoos and conditioners that are made using clean ingredients. Herbal Essences has recently gained a lot of traction in India as well.
Prominent Features of the Herbal Essences Long-Term Relationship Shampoo:
- Infused with raspberry to help improve hair elasticity and promote healthy hair growth
- Silk extracts help make your tresses look and feel much softer and sheen
- Contains Keratin that coats the hair and strengthens them even more
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 700 ml
- Contains no parabens, gluten, or mineral oil
- Contains natural pomegranate extracts
- Makes hair smooth and bouncy
- The sweet smell might not bode well with some people
Why We Picked the Herbal Essences Long-Term Shampoo?
Herbal Essences Long Term Shampoo For Long Hair is specially formulated to nourish to clean and nourish long and voluminous hair from damage and hair issues like split ends. It is one of the best herbal shampoos for hair growth.
This shampoo coats hair with keratin protection to make it ten times stronger and promotes hair growth. Pomegranate extracts make hair lusciously long. Infused with red Raspberries and Brazilian Silk, this shampoo leaves a pleasant lingering smell of fruity dark berries.
2. Organix Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo
OGX is another leader when it comes to good hair care and body care products. It was founded in 1987 in Clearwater, Florida and has a wide clientele today across the globe. If you’re looking for a hair care product that’s not too expensive but works wonders, check out OGX today.
Prominent Features of the OGX Thick and Full Biotin and Collagen Shampoo:
- Enriched with Vitamin B7 and hydrolyzed wheat protein to add strength and elasticity to your hair
- The combination of collagen and biotin helps make your hair soft, strong, and shiny
- Regular usage can help make the hair look thicker and bouncier
- Has a pleasant floral scent to mesmerize your senses after every wash
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 385 ml
- Makes hair thick and long
- Contains hydrolyzed wheat protein which makes hair healthier
- Treats dry and weak hair
- Does not dry hair
- Free of sulfates
- Contains parabens
- Not easily available in India and also expensive
- A bottle is not very easy to carry
Why We Picked the Organix Thick and Full Biotin and Collagen Shampoo?
Organix Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo is quite a popular shampoo used for hair growth. Many dermatologists prescribe vitamin B7 or biotin for hair growth. This shampoo contains Biotin as well as collagen which makes hair thick, smooth, and long.
Moreover, hydrolyzed wheat protein offers strength and volume thereby giving you healthy-looking hair.
3. Biotique Bio Walnut Bark Fresh Lift Body Building Shampoo
Biotique is widely popular to make ayurvedic/herbal products to take care of your skin, hair, and body. The company was launched in 1992 by Vinita Jain and has its headquarters in Noida, Uttar Pradesh. If you’re looking for affordable and effective hair care products, go for Biotique!
Prominent Features of the Biotique Walnut Volume & Bounce Shampoo:
- Contains natural ingredients such as walnut bark and amla that strengthen and nourish your hair
- Ritha and bhringraj keep your scalp clean and help maintain shine and bounce in your hair
- Using this shampoo will help nourish your scalp and prevent dryness
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 190 ml
- Does not contain parabens
- The shampoo is not tested on animals
- Has a nice fresh smell to it
- Not suitable for dry hair
Why We Picked the Biotique Bio Walnut Bark Fresh Lift Body Building Shampoo?
Biotique Bio Walnut Bark Fresh Lift Body Building Shampoo has walnut bark, musk root, amla, soap nut, and black Malaya flowers which cleanse hair and make it thicker and longer. Walnut bark is known for its smoothening and strengthening properties.
4. Patanjali Kesh Kanti Shikakai Shampoo
Patanjali was launched in 2006 by Baba Ramdev and Balkrishna and has become one of the largest FMCG companies in India today. The brand retails everything from food, medicines, and supplements to skincare and beauty products. Patanjali has its headquarters in Haridwar and a strong hold on the Indian market today. Also, have a look at these amazing herbal essences shampoos & herbal shampoos for dandruff in India.
Prominent Features of the Patanjali Kesh Kanti Shampoo:
- Enriched with amla to help strengthen your locks and prevent premature greying
- Bhringraj and shikakai offer immense nourishment to maintain the integrity of your hair
- Also has neem and turmeric that protect your scalp from fungal or bacterial infections
- Aloe vera helps prevent hair loss
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 200 ml
- Good for dry scalps
- Removes excess oil from the scalp
- Reduces hair fall due to breakage
- Might make the hair dry
Why We Picked the Patanjali Kesh Kanti Shikakai Shampoo?
Patanjali Kesh Kanti Shikakai Shampoo contains the goodness of shikakai with Heena, Haldi, neem, and more natural ingredients. The shampoo not only makes the hair grow faster but also makes it look visibly healthy. The herbal extracts offer much-needed nourishment to the hair while reducing hair fall to some extent.
5. Matrix Biolage Fiberstrong Strengthening Shampoo
Matrix is one of the most popular salon brands across the world. You will find many big salon chains using its products as they deliver quality at a reasonable cost. It was founded in 1980 by Arnie Miller and is a part of the L’Oreal Group.
Prominent Features of the Matrix Biolage Fiberstrong Shampoo:
- Infused with intra-cyclone that strengthens weak hair strands
- Bamboo helps cleanse the hair properly and retains moisture to keep them smooth and frizz-free
- Great shampoo for people dealing with hair fall problems
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 200 ml
- Does not contain parabens
- Makes fragile hair stronger and less prone to breakage
- Reduces hair fall by strengthening strands and roots
- Pleasant fragrance
- Does not control frizz
- Contains SLES
- Not suitable for dry hair
Why We Picked the Matrix Biolage Fiberstrong Shampoo?
Matrix Biolage Fiberstrong Strengthening Shampoo’s key ingredients include bamboo and ceramides, which strengthen and protect the hair. The Intra-Cylane and Bamboo formula ensures that the cuticle gaps are filled, and fibre integrity is maintained. Specially created for fragile hair targets hair issues like breakage and unmanageability so that the hair is strong it grows long naturally.
6. Khadi Amla & Bhringraj Shampoo
Khadi is popularly known for its herbal products that are affordable and treat your concern effectively.
The New Delhi-based brand was founded in 1963 and makes clean skincare, haircare, and personal wellness products.
Prominent Features of the Khadi Natural Amla and Bhringraj Shampoo:
- Contains amla extracts that help in promoting healthy blood circulation on the scalp
- Bhringraj and reetha strengthen your hair and prevent hair loss
- It also has neem that has anti-bacterial properties and makes the hair follicles stronger
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 210 ml
- Clears mild dandruff
- Increases rate of hair growth
- SLS and paraben free
- Can dry hair and cause frizz
- Follow-up with conditioner is a must
Why We Picked the Khadi Natural Amla and Bhringraj Shampoo?
Khadi Amla & Bhringraj Shampoo contains potent Ayurvedic ingredients like Amla, Almond oil, Reetha, Bhringraj, Harathki, and Neem. Both amla and bhringraj are known for their hair-growing properties.
Moreover, these ingredients help in preventing premature greying while ensuring beautiful, thick, and long locks.
7. VLCC Soya Protein Conditioning Shampoo
VLCC was founded in 1989 by the beauty and wellness icon Vandana Luthra. The brand initially marketed wellness plans and diet programmes but slowly expanded to the beauty and skincare segment as well.
Prominent Features of the VLCC Natural Sciences Soya Protein Shampoo:
- Contains soya protein that adds strength to your hair
- Almond oil helps nourish your hair and scalp deeply
- Turmeric cleanses the scalp properly, preventing fungal infections
- Regular usage can make your hair more voluminous and shinier
- Thoroughly clears buildup from scalp and hair
- Turmeric is an antiseptic that can fight scalp diseases
- Pleasant and mild Shikakai`fragrance
- No SLS and Parabens
- Can dry hair
Why We Picked the VLCC Natural Sciences Soya Protein Shampoo?
The VLCC Soya Protein Conditioning Shampoo contains natural protein and turmeric. These ingredients penetrate the hair shafts while offering nourishment to the scalp. They strengthen hair and promote hair growth.
8. Biotique Bio Kelp Fresh Growth Protein Shampoo
Biotique is known for its natural and effective products that truly benefit your skin and hair. The brand makes sure to create top-notch shampoos and conditioners in an affordable range, making it much more accessible for everyone.
Prominent Features of the Biotique Bio Kelp Fresh Growth Protein Shampoo:
- It is a nourishing shampoo with a blend of pure kelp, natural proteins, peppermint oil, and mint leaf extract
- Gently cleanses the hair and invigorates the scalp for fresh hair growth and healthier shine
- Contains Kelp, which is a cold water seaweed, is rich in varied nutrients that strengthen hair and promote hair growth
- It also nourishes your scalp and helps in reducing hair fall
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 190 ml
- Hair grows longer as there is no breakage
- Free from parabens and sulfates
- Thoroughly cleanses scalp and hair
- Does not reduce frizz
- Does not lather well
9. Himalaya Herbals Anti-Hair Fall Shampoo
Himalaya is one of the most popular wellness and pharma companies in India. It was founded in 1930 by Mohammad Manal and has its headquarters in Bengaluru now. The brand retails ayurvedic medicines, supplements, skincare, haircare, and body care products.
Prominent Features of the Himalaya Herbals Anti-Hair Fall Shampoo:
- It contains Butea Frondosa which is an excellent hair stimulator along with the goodness of Bhringraj
- The shampoo’s advanced 2-in-1 formula offers nourishment to hair shafts and strengthens hair roots while promoting hair growth
- The combination of Bhringraj & Plasha helps in preventing hair loss
- A gentle formula that also suits colored or treated hair
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 400 ml
- No SLS or Parabens
- Controls frizz
- Rich fragrance
- Does not add volume to the hair
10. Vaadi Amla Shikakai Shampoo
Vaadi Herbals is a widely popular skincare and cosmetics brand. It retails herbal and safe products that cater to different skin concerns and can be bought at a very affordable price.
Prominent Features of the Vaadi Amla Shikakai Shampoo:
- The shampoo contains herbal ingredients like Shikakai, Amla, and Reetha
- It nourishes the scalp and strengthens roots while giving your hair a deep conditioning effect
- Moreover, Shikakai and Reetha keep scalp infections at bay
- Amla, which is high in vitamin C promotes hair growth
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 350 ml
- Does not dry hair
- SLS and Paraben Free
- Does not control frizz
- Not effective on split ends
11. Lever Ayush Anti Hairfall Bhringraj Shampoo
One of the many successful ventures of Hindustan Unilever, Ayush is a well-established brand in the skincare and haircare industry in India. Its products offer ayurvedic solutions to modern beauty problems.
Prominent Features of the Lever Ayush Anti Hair Fall Bhringraj Shampoo:
- Contains bhringraj that strengthens your hair and makes them thicker
- Amla blend oil nourishes your strands and keeps frizz at bay
- An ayurvedic product that has moisturizing effects and adds volume to the hair as well
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 330 ml
- Natural formulation
- Promotes healthy hair growth
- Might not be very effective on hair fall
Now you know which shampoos are gentle on your hair yet fierce against your hair problems. Choose one and kiss all your hair troubles goodbye!
Hairfall is a common issue but treating it isn’t as complicated as it may seem. In this article, we have listed some of the best herbal shampoos for hair growth and healthy locks. While we really love the shampoos from Biotique, Organix, and Khadi for their gentle formulations, wide availability, and affordability, do let us know which one you loved the most out of this lot.
Q. What shampoos help with hair growth?
Shampoos that contain natural ingredients or herbal extracts help promote hair growth. These shampoos not only help cleanse the hair and scalp but also offer nourishment to the hair roots therein promoting hair growth. Some of these shampoos are Herbal Essences Long Term Shampoo for Long Hair, Patanjali Kesh Kanti Shikakai Shampoo, Khadi Amla & Bhringraj Shampoo, etc.
Q. What is the best product for hair growth?
Products having natural ingredients as the base are generally considered the best products for hair growth. Ingredients like Shikakai, Amla, Reetha, Kelp, etc not only offer the much-needed nutrients for damaged hair but also strengthen the roots, and prevent premature greying while promoting hair growth. Shampoos like Vaadi Amla Shikakai Shampoo. Himalaya Herbal Anti-Hair Fall shampoo and many more such natural ingredient laced products are the best products for promoting hair growth.
Q. Which Sunsilk Shampoo is best for hair growth?
Sunsilk is a popular haircare brand and offers a variety of shampoos catering to various hair problems. Sunsilk shampoos are known for their good results and affordability. Sunsilk Lusciously Thick and Long Shampoo is best for hair growth as it contains keratin yogurt Nutri complex that cleans, offers nourishment, and helps in hair growth. Also, check out the best Sunsilk Shampoos in India for beautiful and healthy hair.
Q. Does protein shampoo help hair grow?
Yes, proteins are considered the building blocks for promoting hair growth. Hair is made up of keratin which is a kind of protein. Hence, products or shampoos that contain protein help hair grow. One such protein shampoo for hair growth is Organix Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo which makes hair thick, long, and smooth.
Q. Does not shampoo help hair grow?
Hair requires regular cleansing to keep the scalp clean and promote hair growth. The grim and dirt can make the scalp greasy and even invite infections. Shampooing hair regularly either by using commercially available shampoos or using homemade shampoos helps cleanse the scalp while promoting hair growth.
Q. Does Biotin Shampoo help hair growth?
Biotin improves hair health and ensures its speedy growth. Problems such as brittle hair, dryness, and hair fall can be tackled by a biotin shampoo. Some of the best-known biotin shampoos available in the market are Organix Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo, Aloe Veda Mild Nourishing Shampoo, etc.
Q. Do hair growth shampoos actually work?
Growth of hair is dependent on lifestyle as well as environmental factors. However, there are a few shampoos, if not all, available commercially that help to effectively cleanse the scalp, and treat various hair issues such as dry hair, premature hair greying, and hair fall. Some of these shampoos are BiotiqueBio Walnut Bark Fresh Lift Body Building Shampoo, Matrix Biolage Fiberstrong Strengthening Shampoo, etc. that contain natural ingredients that tackle varied hair problems and promote hair growth.
Q. Does oiling the scalp help hair grow?
Oiling the scalp promotes blood circulation in the scalp which in turn promotes hair growth. Moreover, regular oiling keeps dryness at bay and offers moisturization to hair.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
We have a team of dedicated researchers who take the time to study and try several products before adding them to these lists. For the herbal shampoo blog, we considered factors such as ingredients, chemical content, and formula to create a truly useful list for you. Since our inclusion process is quite stringent, you will never find a shady product here. Happy Shopping