Pollution, chemicals, hair styling and poor diet can all contribute to dry, damaged hair that is not at their 100%. Why then, choose a shampoo that adds to the damage with its harsh chemicals and artificial ingredients? Choose a herbal shampoo that contains gentle, natural ingredients that are suitable for your hair types. We have curated a list of the best herbal shampoos in India and reviewed them as well! Take your pick with all this information at your fingertips.
Here is a video which summarizes the pros and cons of our picks for the best herbal shampoos in India. You can read further for detailed reviews of these.
Best Herbal Shampoos for Healthy Voluminous Hair
On this page:
- 1. Biotique Bio Green Apple Herbal Shampoo
- 2. Himalaya Herbal Shampoo for Dandruff
- 3. Khadi Natural Neem Herbal Shampoo Cleanser
- 4. Patanjali Kesh Kanti Aloe Vera Herbal Shampoo
- 5. Herbal Essences White Strawberry & Sweet Mint Herbal Shampoo
- 6. Forest Essentials Japapatti & Brahmi Herbal Shampoo
- 7. Kama Ayurveda Sanobar Herbal Shampoo
- 8. The Body Shop Ginger Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
- 9. Matrix Biolage Fiber Strong Shampoo
- 10. Vaadi Herbals Lemon Herbal Shampoo for Dandruff
- 1. Which is the best herbal shampoo available in the market?
- 2. Which herbal shampoo is effective in treating hair fall?
- 3. Which is the best herbal shampoo for treating hair fall and dandruff?
- 4. Which herbal shampoo should be used to prevent hair loss?
- 5. Which is the best herbal shampoo with a mild action?
- 6. Does herbal shampoo lather up well?
- 7. Is Nyle a brand for herbal shampoos?
- 8. Which is the best and effective herbal shampoo for dry hair?
- 9. Which shampoos are sulfate free?
- 10. Is Tresemme shampoo sulphate free?
- 11. Which is the best and fragrant herbal shampoo?
It contains the goodness of fresh green apple, centella and sea algae. The key ingredients leave the hair feeling fresh and oil free. They also remove build-up from the scalp.
- Leaves hair silky smooth
- Does not require follow up with conditioner
- Removes excess oil from the scalp
- Scalp and hair feels fresh
- Pleasant fragrance
- Does not work on very oily hair
Also check out: Best Biotique Products Online
The 2-in-1 formulation of this shampoo targets hair-fall and nourishes hair. It contains the goodness of Butea Frondosa and Bhringaraja which improve the texture of hair and make it stronger.
- All natural ingredients are gentle on hair
- Bhringraj is one of the best hair health ingredients
- Makes hair strong and healthy
- Increases hair growth
- Does not contain sulfates, silicones or parabens
- Does not lather well
- Drying effect on hair
Also see, Himalaya Herbals Products Price List
Enriched with pure neem, the shampoo is perfect for an irritated and itchy scalp. It purifies the scalp to make the hair healthier and stronger.
- Cntains Tulsi, Reetha, and Brahmi which revitalize hair
- All natural ingredients
- Does not cause hair fall
- No sulphates or parabens
- Not suitable for hair which is too dry
Aloe Vera has multiple benefits for hair including smoothening, strengthening, and moisturizing.
- Aloe vera moisturizes hair and keeps it hydrated
- Tulsi, turmeric, reetha, and amla make hair healthy and strong
- Refreshing fragrance
- Does not cure frizziness
The shampoo has the goodness of rose, raspberry, jojoba and Vitamin E. It makes hair soft, shiny and damage free. It also adds bounce and a healthy shine.
- Minimizes breakage and split ends
- Makes hair smoother
- Makes it voluminous and shiny
- No added silicones
- Lathers well
- Does not keep hair hydrated for a long time
Check out the latest Herbal Essences Price List
The shampoo is great for dry, damaged hair which is prone to breakage. Hibiscus, brahmi, and nagarmotha make hair silky smooth while preventing damage.
- Cleanses and nourishes scalp and hair
- Prevents premature graying
- Reduces dandruff
- Adds volume to hair
- Free from sulphates and parabens
- Does not remove dandruff completely
Also see, Forest Essentials Price List
The shampoo contains neem and hibiscus extracts that cleanse hair and tone the scalp. It also contains orange and cypress essential oils which stimulate the scalp to promote fresh growth.
- Removes excess oil from hair and scalp
- Nourishes hair and makes it healthier
- Adds shine to hair
- Increases the rate of hair growth
- Not suitable for very dry hair
Also, check out latest Shampoo Offers Online
The shampoo contains pracaxi oil and manketti nut oil which hydrate hair and scalp. It also contains community trade honey and sugar, which revitalize and smoothen hair.
- Moisturizes hair and scalp
- Removes dryness and damage
- Makes hair silky smooth
- Removes excess oil from hair and scalp
- No sulphates, parabens, silicones, colorants or chemicals
- Price is on the higher side
Also, find amazing offers on The Body Shop Product Online
The bamboo and ceramides in the shampoo strengthen and protect hair. They make hair stronger to promote healthy growth.
- Makes fragile hair stronger and less prone to breakage
- Leaves hair shiny and soft
- Reduces hair fall by strengthening strands and roots
- Pleasant fragrance
- Free from parabens
- Does not control frizz
- Contains SLES
Also Read: Best Sulphate Free Shampoo Brands
The shampoo contains lemon extracts which clear flakes from the scalp along with tea tree oil which kills dandruff causing bacteria.
- Treats itchiness and irritation of the scalp
- Removes dandruff and prevents it from coming back
- Makes hair soft and smooth
- Can dry hair if not followed by conditioner
- Strong fragrance might not please everyone
All these shampoos make the best food for fine hair. Pick one and you’ll never believe the transformation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Which is the best herbal shampoo available in the market?
The best herbal shampoo available in the market is Satthwa’s Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo which is easily available online. Free of sulphates and parabens, this shampoo contains Moroccan Argan oil, Avocado oil, Coconut oil, Jojoba oil, Almond oil & Botanical Keratin all of which help keep the hair and scalp healthy. Apart from this you could also use Khadi Herbal Shikakai Shampoo. Free from any chemical ingredients and parabens, Khadi Herbal Shikakai shampoo is made with all-natural ingredients and helps keep the hair healthy and shiny.
2. Which herbal shampoo is effective in treating hair fall?
Patanjali’s Kesh Kanti hair cleanser with milk protein is the best herbal shampoo available for treating hair fall problem.
3. Which is the best herbal shampoo for treating hair fall and dandruff?
Biotique Bio Margosa Fresh Daily Dandruff Expertise Shampoo & Conditioner is the best herbal shampoo for treating hair fall and dandruff.
4. Which herbal shampoo should be used to prevent hair loss?
Himalaya Herbals Anti-Hairfall Shampoo is effective in preventing hair loss.
5. Which is the best herbal shampoo with a mild action?
While there are many herbal shampoos with a mild action, Himalaya Herbals Protein Shampoo Gentle Daily Care is the best herbal shampoo with a mild action.
6. Does herbal shampoo lather up well?
Herbal shampoos do not lather up well because they do not contain a lot of artificial ingredients and chemicals that give space to lather.
7. Is Nyle a brand for herbal shampoos?
Yes, Nyle is a brand that sells natural and herbal shampoos. Claimed to be 100% paraben free, these shampoos contain a unique herbal formula that helps in keeping your hair healthy and shiny.
8. Which is the best and effective herbal shampoo for dry hair?
Organix Hydrating Macadamia Oil Shampoo is one of the best and effective herbal shampoo for dry hair. Loaded with Macadamia oil, Argan oil, Sugarcane extracts and bamboo extracts, this shampoo prevents hair splitting, breakage, and damage.
9. Which shampoos are sulfate free?
Herbal and natural shampoos are free of sulphates, parabens and any kind of chemical ingredients.
10. Is Tresemme shampoo sulphate free?
No, Tresemme shampoos are low on sulphate content but are not free from sulphates.
11. Which is the best and fragrant herbal shampoo?
Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo is the best and fragrant herbal shampoo available in the market.
Other Stories You Should Read
- Best Mild Shampoos In India
- What is a Dry Shampoo?
- How to Get Rid of Split Ends?
- Best Shampoos for Split Ends