Organic shampoos are those that are made with the extracts of plants, fruits, and herbs and are highly beneficial for your hair and scalp. For a shampoo to be truly organic, it has to be free of harmful chemicals like parabens, sulfates, and silicones.
Organic shampoos tackle nearly every hair problem you can imagine. There are organic shampoos for hair growth, moisturising shampoos, clarifying shampoos and shampoos specifically formulated for men. Better yet, there are tear-free, tangle-fighting organic shampoos for your babies and kids. They smell really great, and they’re gentle for extra-sensitive skin and hair. Organic shampoos with just the right ingredients keep your hair strong and shiny with healthy.
So, if you’re game for a more natural beauty regimen, you’ll want to try some of these Best Organic Shampoos available in India to see which is right for you.
Our Top Recommendations
How Do We Choose the Best Organic Shampoos For You?
Organic shampoos are all the rage right now, with people becoming more concerned about what they use on their bodies. In India, good quality organic shampoo costs anywhere between Rs 300 to Rs 660. Before you jump into our recommendations for the best organic shampoos in India, take a look at the factors that helped us decide on the best products for you!
The first thing you should look into while buying an organic shampoo is its ingredients. Investigating the components is the key to figuring out where an organic shampoo stands in terms of healthiness. Look for components like olive oil, coconut oil, organic shea butter, and aloe vera, among others, when selecting an organic shampoo.
Manufacturers of shampoo have adopted less expensive components and less expensive production techniques throughout time. Unfortunately, the majority of thickeners that are stable in liquid shampoo form are manufactured artificially and go through a lot of processing. Therefore, we recommend that you avoid them.
A high-quality natural shampoo will naturally be thinner and clearer. Even though it doesn’t have a thick, silky feel or a gleaming appearance, those qualities are simple to live without and adapt to.
Within a minute of applying and lathering the shampoo, you should be able to start washing it from your hair. If you leave any organic shampoo in your hair for too long, your scalp could get dry. Shampoos that need longer application times generally lack powerful cleansers. Natural, coconut-based cleansers work swiftly to remove dirt. Unlike their sulfate-based equivalents, organic shampoos shouldn’t irritate your scalp or be too harsh.
List of the Top 12 Organic Shampoos in India
Forest Essentials Hair Cleanser
The Forest Essentials Hair Cleansers is the product of a luxury brand that offers 100% natural and authentic Ayurveda-based products. The bath and body products from the brand are exquisite, including soaps, body washes, conditioners, oils, essential oils, creams and more.
Forest Essentials Amla, Honey & Mulethi Hair Cleanser is enriched with ingredients such as amla, honey, mulethi, shikakai, bhringraj, brahmi, among others.
Prominent Features of the Forest Essentials Hair Cleanser:
- The Forest Essentials Hair Cleanser is sulphate free and good for hair health
- The key ingredients in this shampoo add a natural shine to hair and make it stronger
- Without removing the natural oils, this strong Ayurvedic preparation thoroughly cleans the scalp and hair
- Herbal ingredients make hair smooth and shiny
- Gentle on hair and scalp
- Prevents hair fall
- Does not lather well
- Doesn’t control frizzy hair
- Not suitable for very dry hair
Why We Picked the Forest Essentials Hair Cleanser?
The Forest Essentials Hair Cleanser nourishes the scalp to prevent hair loss and breakage while promoting new hair development. It calms the scalp and aids in dandruff management. The shampoo is free of petrochemicals, chemicals, and parabens.
Vaadi Herbals Lavender Shampoo
Vaadi Herbals Lavender Shampoo With Rosemary Extracts combines science with Ayurveda to develop products that are top-notch. The premium personal care brand produces a range of herbal products, including face washes, face packs, creams, scrubs, bath gels, creams, lotions, foot care and much more.
Vaadi herbal shampoos have everything you need in a shampoo, including the best ingredients, pleasant fragrances and zero chemicals. The shampoo is meant for extremely damaged hair that requires some tender loving natural care.
Prominent Features of the Vaadi Herbals Lavender Shampoo:
- This organic shampoo from Vaadi benefits dry, damaged hair
- The shampoo improves hair texture, strengthens the roots, and repairs the hair cuticles
- The presence of natural hair conditioners like rosemary extract also encourages hair development
- The active ingredients strengthen hair, rejuvenate cuticles and naturally condition hair to make it smooth and shiny
- Removes damage from hair
- Decreases hair fall due to breakage
- Prevents split ends, roughness, and dryness
- Adds a shine to hair, making it visibly healthy
- Cannot remove excess oil from the scalp
- Needs to be used multiple times to cleanse the scalp
- Doesn’t lather
Why We Picked the Vaadi Herbals Lavender Shampoo?
The Vaadi Herbals Lavender Shampoo provides ultra-nourishing treatment for even severely damaged hair. It repairs the cuticles and bolsters the roots to give you incredibly smooth, lustrous, and healthy hair. Lavender, one of its ingredients, controls oil production and enhances hair structure.
Kama Ayurveda Bringadi Hair Cleanser
Kama Ayurveda Bringadi Hair Cleanser is a product of Kama Ayurveda that offers authentic Ayurveda to the masses in the form of luxurious products. These consist of the most salubrious ingredients that are gentle yet effective – just like all personal care products should be. The shampoos from Kama Ayurveda are available for all concerns, including hair loss, thinning, dandruff, dryness, premature greying and colour protection. They are devoid of sulphates and parabens.
Prominent Features of the Kama Ayurveda Bringadi Hair Cleanser:
- The Kama Ayurveda Bringadi Hair Cleanser contains Neem and Hibiscus extracts that cleanse hair and tone the scalp
- The shampoo also contains orange and cypress essential oils, which promote hair growth while refreshing the scalp
- The shampoo repairs brittle, damaged hair and nourishes it from root to tip
- Removes excess oil from hair and scalp
- Nourishes hair and makes it healthier
- Makes hair shinier
- Promotes hair growth
- May cause dry hair upon prolonged use
- Doesn’t control frizzy hair
Why We Picked the Kama Ayurveda Bringadi Hair Cleanser?
The Kama Ayurveda Bringadi Hair Cleanser volumises and conditions hair. The shampoo is free of sulphates and parabens and suitable for all hair types. Additionally, shampoo can be used on coloured and treated hair.
Wow Satin Sunshade Sunscreen Shampoo
Wow Satin Sunshade Sunscreen Shampoo contains olive bio-actives that protect the hair against UVA and UVB radiations. It keeps the hair safe from sun damage and keeps it smooth, shiny and healthy. The shampoo does not contain any harmful chemicals, sulphates or parabens. It is an SLS, SLES and Parabens-free shampoo made of mild surfactants that gently cleanse your scalp with minimal damage.
Prominent Features of the Wow Satin Sunshade Sunscreen Shampoo:
- The Wow Satin Sunshade Sunscreen Shampoo provides intense UVA and UVB radiation protection for hair
- The shampoo guards against the damaging sun’s rays’ effects on dryness, dullness, split ends, and breakage
- The Wow Satin Sunshade Sunscreen Shampoo decreases split ends and breakage, maintains moisture, and moisturises hair
- Contains no parabens, sulphates for silicones
- Prevents dryness, dullness, hair fall and split ends
- Olive also acts as an antioxidant, keeping the hair and scalp healthy
- Does not lather well
- Does not suit oily hair
- May weigh down hair
Why We Picked the Wow Satin Sunshade Sunscreen Shampoo?
The Wow Skin Science Satin Sunshade Shampoo provides your hair with excellent protection from the damaging ultraviolet radiations of the sun. Olive extracts that are concentrated and high in antioxidants work as a protective agent by coating hair strands with tiny, natural particles that function as a screen against UVA and UVB rays.
Moreover, for those who are looking for the right shampoo? we have created this amazing blog where we have listed down the best rice water shampoos available in India. Do have a look.
Biotique Bio Walnut Bark Volumizing Shampoo
Biotique Bio Walnut Bark Fresh Lift Body Building Shampoo is based on Ayurveda and contains all-natural ingredients. The Biotique brand manufactures organic hair care and skin care products, including shampoos, conditioners, masks, face washes, body washes, lotions, and more.
Biotique products are cruelty-free and have never been tested on animals. Their packaging is eco-friendly and 100% recyclable. The shampoos from Biotique are super gentle on hair with active ingredients that do what they claim, no less and no more.
Prominent Features of the Biotique Bio Walnut Bark Volumizing Shampoo:
- This shampoo is packed with walnut bark, musk root, amla, soap nut and black malya flowers
- The shampoo cleanses hair and makes them shinier
- The Biotique Shampoo stimulates hair from root to tip and gives the scalp a toned, energizing sensation that is free of dryness and irritation
- Prevents hair fall and split ends
- Promotes hair growth and makes hair thicker
- Cleanses oily scalp
- Free from parabens
- Not suitable for dry hair
- Doesn’t control frizzy hair
Why We Picked the Biotique Bio Walnut Bark Volumizing Shampoo?
The Biotique Bio Walnut Bark Voluminizing Shampoo contains pure walnut bark, musk root, amla, soap nut, and black malya flowers. The components are combined in this rich, body-building recipe to deeply cleanse and rejuvenate hair for a fuller, thicker, lifted appearance.
Herbal Essences Aloe Vera Shampoo
Herbal Essences Break’s Over Shampoo is completely derived from nature. The shampoos from Herbal Essences are enriched with natural ingredients like Argan oil, coconut milk, white grapefruit, cucumber, green tea, vitamin E, coconut butter and much more. They are sulphate free and gentle on hair. The shampoos are available for rough and unruly hair, dry hair, dandruff-prone hair and more.
Prominent Features of the Herbal Essences Aloe Vera Shampoo:
- Your hair remains soft and silky with real aloe with the Herbal Essences Aloe Vera Shampoo
- The shampoo is made with real plant extracts and is 100% sulfate and paraben-free
- The Herbal Essences Aloe Vera Shampoo keeps your hair nourished and moist
- The shampoo also contains the goodness of lavender and botanical silk that provide strength to hair and prevent split ends
- Soothes scalp
- Cleans scalp and hair thoroughly
- Imparts healthy shine
- Makes hair voluminous and bouncy
- Controls hair fall and breakage
- May not suit very oily hair
- Not suitable for use in winters
The Body Shop Vegan Banana Truly Nourishing Shampoo
The Body Shop Banana Truly Nourishing Shampoo contains organic banana puree from Ecuador, which nourishes and cleanses hair. It makes hair softer and adds volume. It is meant for normal to dry hair. This shampoo contains mild surfactants like Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine and Sorbitan Sesquicaprylate, which gently cleanse hair.
Prominent Features of The Body Shop Vegan Banana Truly Nourishing Shampoo:
- The Body Shop Truly Nourishing Shampoo washes your hair softly while nourishing and softening it
- With the finest ever Truly Nourishing Banana Shampoo, you can love and nurture dry, frizzy hair
- The shampoo is made with 91% natural ingredients and is vegan
- The shampoo contains no silicones or colourants, so you can rest assured that your hair is only getting the best
- Adds volume and bounce to hair
- Makes hair softer and smoother
- Pleasant fragrance
- Nourishes hair and scalp
- Formulated without silicones
- The consistency of the shampoo is a bit too runny
SoulTree Licorice Hair Repair Shampoo
SoulTree Licorice Hair Repair Shampoo With Strengthening Bhringraj treats dull and damaged hair. It contains the goodness of licorice, henna, bhringraj, and shikakai. Along with making hair strong and shiny, the shampoo also combats premature greying. SoulTree offers certified organic personal care products that are sourced from the best natural ingredients.
Prominent Features of the SoulTree Licorice Hair Repair Shampoo:
- The SoulTree Shampoo prevents breakage and strengthens hair from the roots up
- The shampoo is free from parabens, silicones, lead, phthalates, SLS/SLES, mineral oil, or fragrance
- The ayurvedic formulation of the shampoo prevents the hair from greying
- Thoroughly cleanses scalp and hair
- Imparts shine to hair
- Hair feels soft and looks bouncy
- Combats mild hair fall and frizz
- Pleasant fragrance
- Does not help with dandruff
- Doesn’t control frizzy hair
Organic Harvest Daily Shampoo
The Organic Harvest Daily Shampoo is manufactured from materials that come from plants and is certified organic. It may be used every day to clean the scalp and maintain the moisture balance gently. By enhancing the hair’s natural keratin and protecting it, this shampoo keeps the scalp and hair healthy.
Prominent Features of the Organic Harvest Daily Shampoo:
- Using organic decyl glucoside in its formulation, this shampoo thoroughly cleans the buildup of crud and filth on the scalp
- This shampoo gives the hair the nutrition it needs to appear healthy and lustrous
- The formulation of this shampoo treats minor dandruff and adds moisture to prevent the scalp from drying out too quickly
- This sulphate-free shampoo may help partially undo damage to your hair if it has seen excessive deterioration, giving your hair a healthier appearance
- Moisturises hair
- Gets rid of oiliness
- Suitable for coloured hair
- Strengthens hair follicles
Bella Vita Organic Oil Control Shampoo
The Bella Vita Organic Oil Control Shampoo has tea tree as a primary ingredient. It aids in removing dry flakes, oil, and dandruff from the scalp. The shampoo promotes healthy, strong, and longer hair by balancing the pH level of the scalp and facilitating the delivery of nutrients to the hair follicles.
Prominent Features of the Bella Vita Organic Oil Control Shampoo:
- The presence of Neem in the Bella Vita Shampoo helps to moisturise the hair
- The shampoo decreases premature greying and frizz in the hair
- The presence of licorice in the shampoo relieves inflammation and irritation on the scalp brought on by scrabs and dandruff
- The calming qualities aid in opening pores that are advantageous to the hair shaft
- Promotes healthy hair development
- Enhances the texture and quality of the hair
- Aids in reducing excessive and thinning hair
- Reduces bacteria growth, itching, and dandruff on the scalp
- Does not lather well
Luxura Sciences Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo
The gold standard Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo from Luxura Sciences has vitamins and minerals that significantly improve hydration. The essential component improves the suppleness and gloss of your hair. This combination of Moroccan Argan Oil, Shea Butter, Olive Oil, Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, and Coconut Oil cleans and revitalises while restoring shine and smoothness. It works wonders on fine, curly hair that has been coloured.
Prominent Features of the Luxura Sciences Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo:
- The Luxura Sciences Shampoo restores moisture levels and hydrates your hair
- The shampoo contains vitamins and antioxidants that nourish and repair hair
- The Luxura Sciences Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo also contains a UV and thermal protectant
- Keeps hair soft and manageable
- Free from sulfates, parabens, sodium chloride
- Controls frizzy hair
- Restores lustre and provides hydration
- Needs to be followed up with a conditioner
Khadi Natural Ayurvedic Amla and Bhringraj Hair Cleanser
Khadi Natural goods are developed with herbal active components that are derived from organically grown pure plant extracts and are produced under the supervision of trained Ayurveda doctors. The Khadi Natural Hair Cleanser helps slow down the occurrence of grey hair. It also delays the loss of hair color because to its high vitamin C, mineral, and antioxidant content.
Prominent Features of the Khadi Natural Ayurvedic Amla and Bhringraj Hair Cleanser:
- Bhringraj, which is high in vitamin E nutrients, promotes better blood flow to the hair follicles and roots
- The shampoo is nutrient-rich in vitamins A, C, and E and promotes cell turnover, which encourages lustrous hair
- The Khadi Natural Hair Cleanser supports the growth of hair follicles, preventing hair loss
- Helps prevent baldness and promotes hair growth
- Promotes hair growth
- Prevents the development of dandruff
- May make hair dry
The above-mentioned brands manufacture everything you need to switch to an all-herbal personal care routine. We hope our list of organic shampoos has helped you decide on the product that works best for you for naturally silky, shiny and healthy hair.
Based on our research, the Forest Essentials Hair Cleanser, Vaadi Herbals Lavender Shampoo, and Kama Ayurveda Bringadi Hair Cleanser are our top choices for the best organic shampoos in India. While making our recommendations, we also took into consideration factors like ingredients, texture, and lather. Let us know which one worked out best for you.
What is the best shampoo without chemicals?
Omved Shampoo is one of the best shampoos that doesn’t contain any chemical products. It is an Ayurvedic formulation that uses only natural and vegan ingredients like brahmi, peppermint, tea tree, neem, jatamansi and more. This shampoo strengthens, hydrates, prevents damage and repairs brittle hair.
Which is the best shampoo for hair growth?
Kama Ayurveda Shampoo is the best organic shampoo that promotes hair growth. It is made with all-natural ingredients that are gentle yet effective. Neem and hibiscus extracts that cleanse hair and tone the scalp. It is also enriched with orange and cypress essential oils, which promote hair growth.
What is Organic shampoo?
Ingredient quality is the main difference between organic and conventional shampoos. Organic products contain natural and mild ingredients that nourish your hair follicles and impart glow and smoothness to your hair.
Which is the best Organic shampoo?
According to us, the Forest Essentials Hair Cleanser, Vaadi Herbals Lavender Shampoo, and Kama Ayurveda Bringadi Hair Cleanser are the best organic shampoos in India. However, we recommend that you go through our entire list and choose one that is best suited to your requirements.
Which is the best Organic shampoo for rough hair?
OGX Brazilian Keratin Therapy Shampoo is the best option for those who have dry or rough hair. It is a chemical and sulphate free shampoo that consists of coconut oil, keratin proteins, cocoa butter and avocado oil which makes hair soft, bouncy, smooth and moisturized without weighing them down!
Which is the best Organic shampoo to fight Dandruff?
Biotique Bio Neem Margosa Anti-Dandruff Shampoo & Conditioner is the best Organic Shampoo by far for controlling dandruff. It contains the natural sap of the Margosa and Euphorbia trees with the bhringraj herb that helps in preventing dry flaky skin, which causes itching and dandruff. It is one of the best organic shampoos and conditioner products. If you are wondering how to get rid of dandruff, then this anti-dandruff shampoo can be the perfect solution.
What is the best natural Organic shampoo for naturally curly hair?
The Body Shop Rainforest Shampoo is a specially formulated natural organic shampoo for curly hair. For girls with limp, dull, and dry curls, this is the perfect product to invest in. This Rainforest Shampoo is infused with Pracaxi oil, Manketti nut oil, and Community Trade honey and sugar. All shampoos under Body shop are free of chemicals, parabens, silicones and sulfates.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Highly experienced and competent researchers at CashKaro work hard to provide you with the finest market suggestions available online. To create a list of products you can trust, we evaluate various products and compare them based on a variety of factors. We considered ingredients, texture, lather, and other aspects while making our recommendations for the best organic shampoos in India. We really hope that this list will assist you in reaching an educated conclusion.
To view the video for this blog, visit this link: