Rice water has many benefits for our hair, and that’s why mothers and grandmothers often suggest applying it to the hair. One can make a rice water solution at home, but rice water shampoos which target specific hair concerns are easily available on the market. Many brands in India are now using this useful ingredient as a prime component in their hair care solutions like shampoo, conditioners and so on. If you are thinking of incorporating rice water shampoo into your hair care regime, our list of the top ones in the market can be of help. Check out these top 12 rice water shampoos available and pick your favourite.
|Our Top Recommendations||Best Prices on Amazon|
|Mamaearth Rice Water Shampoo||Check Prices|
|Buds & Berries Rice Water & Chia Seed Nourishment Shampoo||Check Prices|
|WishCare Fermented Rice Water Shampoo||Check Prices|
How Do We Choose the Best Rice Water Shampoos for You?
Price is a determining factor when buying any product. While there are rice water shampoos available at a wide range of prices, you must take certain other factors into account as well.
Type of Rice Water Used
Some shampoos have simple rice water, and others have a fermented version of it. Rice water can have more benefits when fermented. You can pick a shampoo with fermented rice water if you want the best results. However, if you are adding rice water to your hair care for the first time, you can experiment with a plain rice water shampoo.
Rice water can be good for your hair, but not all ingredients do the same. When picking a rice water shampoo, make sure to go through the complete list of ingredients and make sure there isn’t any ingredient that doesn’t compliment your hair.
List of the Top 12 Rice Water Shampoos
On this page:
- 1. Mamaearth Rice Water Shampoo
- 2. Buds & Berries Rice Water & Chia Seed Nourishment Shampoo
- 3. WishCare Fermented Rice Water Shampoo
- 4. WOW Skin Science Rice Water Shampoo
- 5. Beardhood Fermented Rice Water Shampoo
- 6. TRESemme Pro Pure Shampoo with Fermented Rice Water
- 7. 91Ayurveda Rice Water Shampoo & Conditioner
- 8. Alphavedic Rice Shampoo & Natural Conditioner
- 9. BOSH CARE Natural Fermented Rice Water Shampoo
- 10. Kahira Rice Water Shampoo
- 11. FURR Rice and Wheat Volumizing Shampoo
- 12. Careberry Fermented Rice Water & Wheat Shampoo
- Can I use rice water every time I wash my hair?
- How many times should I use rice water on my hair?
- How long should rice water stay in your hair?
- What are the side effects of rice water on hair?
- Can rice water damage your hair?
- Who should not use rice water?
1. Mamaearth Rice Water Shampoo
The Indian unicorn brand Mamaearth was established in 2016 and is headquartered in Gurugram, Haryana. It’s among the most reliable brands in India. It provides all-natural, toxic-free cosmetics and personal care items. It is also the first company in Asia to receive the Made Safe Certification.
Notable Features of Mamaearth Rice Water Shampoo:
- Other than fermented rice water, natural components, including wheat protein are used to make this shampoo.
- This shampoo contains keratin, which guards against hair damage.
- The rice water shampoo has also undergone dermatological testing and is free of any dangerous substances like mineral oils, parabens, SLS, or sulphates.
- Additionally, this shampoo aids in boosting hair volume and flexibility, making it healthier and easier to manage than before.
- All natural ingredients
- This is best shampoo for dry and frizzy hair
Why We Picked Mamaearth Rice Water Shampoo?
This is one of the best rice water shampoos available in India because it has multiple benefits. Along with fermented rice water, it includes a high concentration of protein and keratin, which promotes hair development, prevents split ends and hair breakage, and makes hair smoother.
2. Buds & Berries Rice Water & Chia Seed Nourishment Shampoo
The leading FMCG Cavinkare introduced Buds and Berry as its first direct-to-consumer brand. For both Indian men and women, Buds & Berries offers toxic-free, dermatologically verified skin, hair, and body care products.
Notable Features of Buds & Berries Rice Water & Chia Seed Nourishment Shampoo:
- This shampoo’s ability to boost hair volume is supported by its ideal mix of chia seeds and rice water.
- It contains a creamy and thick texture that, in contrast to many alternative non-sulphate shampoos, offers a much better, lather-rich hair wash.
- This rice water shampoo is made with a gentle formula and has gone through dermatological tests.
- No silicon, gluten, sulphate, paraben, or phthalate
- For all types of hair
- Not tested on animals
Why We Picked Buds & Berries Rice Water & Chia Seed Nourishment Shampoo?
This shampoo is the best rice water shampoo for hair growth since it is enhanced with chia seeds, which are high in protein, as well as other minerals and vitamins. It also provides you with more than a hundred hours of conditioned, bouncy, and smooth hair with only one wash.
3. WishCare Fermented Rice Water Shampoo
Indian skincare and haircare brand WishCare has organic, toxic-free components in its products. Almost all of the ingredients in this brand’s products are active, producing pure and effective blends.
Notable Features of WishCare Fermented Rice Water Shampoo:
- The extraordinary combination of ingredients in this rice water shampoo includes coconut oil, fermented rice water, black pepper extract, olive oil, vitamin E, soy protein and rosemary extract.
- The shampoo contains organic elements designed to strengthen brittle, fragile, and thin hair.
- By thoroughly cleansing your hair and scalp of impurities, this shampoo also aids in stimulating growth.
- Non-harsh or toxic chemicals
- No mineral oil
- Provides UV protection
- Safe for all hair types
- Not much foaming
Why We Picked WishCare Fermented Rice Water Shampoo?
This rice water shampoo offers you silky hair and is rich in natural proteins and vitamins. It hydrates, renews, softens, and strengthens your hair while providing a shield against UV damage and damaging styling heat.
4. WOW Skin Science Rice Water Shampoo
Indian company WOW Skin Science was established in 2014. It provides a huge selection of skin and hair care items. All of its items are enriched with the wonders of science and the goodness of nature.
Notable Features of WOW Skin Science Rice Water Shampoo:
- Natural ingredients, including rice keratin protein, lavender oil, and rice water, which is the essential element, are added to this shampoo to make it hydrating and nourishing.
- The product’s active ingredients support healthy roots, increase shine, repair weak strands, and soothe sensitive scalps.
- The vitamins B and C, amino acids, antioxidants, zinc, and magnesium included in rice water shampoo aid to increase bounce and infuse the scalp with nutrients.
- For all hair types
- Easy on the pocket
- Good for sensitive scalps
- Dermatologically tested
Why We picked WOW Skin Science Rice Water Shampoo?
This shampoo has rice keratin protein which is a major source of protein for boosting hair strength and adding shine. In addition to being helpful for hair that has been coloured, lavender essential oil nourishes the scalp, helps with inflammation, and soothes your hair and scalp.
5. Beardhood Fermented Rice Water Shampoo
Since its beginning in 2012, the brand Beardhood caters mostly to men. Through a unique collection of beard, body, and face products, the brand wishes to honour the global community of men. It provides a huge selection of natural, chemical-free and non-toxic items for men’s grooming.
Notable Features of Beardhood Fermented Rice Water Shampoo:
- This shampoo is made with healthy, efficient, and hair-friendly components.
- It includes white lupin, rice water, and basil extracts. This blend nourishes the scalp by lessening oxidative stress and giving hair a healthy foundation.
- This mild solution is entirely cruelty-free and organic.
- It is designed to give your hair strength, gloss, and shine.
- No animal testing
- Free of toxic elements
- Made with pure oils
- Can be applied to all hair types
Why We picked Beardhood Fermented Rice Water Shampoo?
This shampoo is made by experts with years of hair care expertise and teachings. More importantly, it is rich in inositol and antioxidants.
6. TRESemme Pro Pure Shampoo with Fermented Rice Water
TRESemmé is an American brand that has been producing hair care products since 1948. The brand is committed to providing salon-quality hair care and styling goods at affordable prices.
Notable Features of TRESemme Pro Pure Shampoo with Fermented Rice Water:
- Dry, damaged hair can be repaired and strengthened with the aid of this rice water shampoo.
- It is infused with antioxidants, vitamin E, and amino acids in addition to rice water, which strengthens the hair and makes it healthier.
- With the help of this shampoo, you may experiment with different hairstyles since it reduces knots, manages frizzy hair and cures split ends.
- Not heavy on the pocket
- Especially for damaged hair
7. 91Ayurveda Rice Water Shampoo & Conditioner
Based in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, 91Ayurveda is a popular personal care and cosmetic products manufacturing brand. It provides totally natural, organic and cruelty-free products for skin and hair.
Notable Features of 91Ayurveda Rice Water Shampoo & Conditioner:
- This product acts as a combination of shampoo and conditioner.
- It has a lot of vitamins and effective organic compounds that combat dryness, dehydration, and stiffness.
- Using this shampoo prevents tangles, dullness, and roughness in your hair.
- Additionally, aloe vera extract in this keeps the hair hydrated for a long period in dry conditions, protecting it from becoming sticky.
- No harmful chemicals
- All hair types
8. Alphavedic Rice Shampoo & Natural Conditioner
Established in February 2019, Alphavedic aims to revive the usage of traditional and organic ayurvedic goods. Using only pure, natural, non-toxic ayurvedic solutions, Alphavedic products are specifically created to treat your skin and hair in the most natural ways possible.
Notable Features of Alphavedic Rice Shampoo & Natural Conditioner:
- Along with fermented rice water, it contains coconut and almond oil and a natural hair conditioner known as Gaur Gum.
- It is filled with organic components designed to efficiently clean your hair and scalp while repairing and strengthening thin, fragile hair.
- No harmful ingredients
- UV protection
- More suitable for curly hair
9. BOSH CARE Natural Fermented Rice Water Shampoo
BOSH CARE – JUST NATURAL is a new name in the hair care industry. This company sells chemical-free, natural hair care products for men and women.
Notable Features of BOSH CARE Natural Fermented Rice Water Shampoo:
- Along with rice water, this shampoo also includes hibiscus, bhringaraj, bamboo, rosemary, henna, almond, and neem extracts.
- It will give your hair vitality and bounce.
- No chemicals
- No toxic substances
- Zero side effects
10. Kahira Rice Water Shampoo
The brand Kahira is associated with skin care and hair care items manufactured from carefully curated natural components. It provides a huge selection of goods at extremely affordable prices.
Notable Features of Kahira Rice Water Shampoo:
- It contains amla, shikakai and aloe vera.
- The natural curls, moisture, and suppleness of your hair can be restored and rebalanced by using this shampoo.
- It offers anti-dandruff benefits along with reducing hair loss, split ends, and hair breakage.
- Made with natural ingredients
- No animal testing
- Paraben free
11. FURR Rice and Wheat Volumizing Shampoo
The FURR product line is a brand by Pee Safe that is good for all skin types and is devoid of dangerous ingredients like parabens. It focuses on natural ingredient-infused skincare and grooming items.
Notable Features of FURR Rice and Wheat Volumizing Shampoo:
- Natural ingredients, including coconut oil, almond oil, and fermented rice and wheat water are added to this shampoo.
- The product contains a rejuvenating combination of keratin and biotin to give your valuable hair the nutrients it needs.
- It thoroughly cleans your scalp and gives your thin hair thickness and volume.
- For all hair types
- Free from harmful chemicals
12. Careberry Fermented Rice Water & Wheat Shampoo
Careberry is a popular skin and hair care brand. A broad variety of ayurvedic, vegan, cruelty-free, and skin-friendly items are available from this brand.
Notable Features of Careberry Fermented Rice Water & Wheat Shampoo:
- It contains a variety of natural components for healthy hair, including fermented rice, shikakai, reetha, wheat protein, amla, and bhringraj.
- To reduce hair loss, promote hair regrowth, and protect your hair, it is filled with plant proteins.
- It also contains shea butter and aloe, which supplies hydration, maintain moisture on the scalp, lessen itching, and minimise hair fall.
- Free of mineral oils and harmful chemicals
- PH balanced
- For all hair types
All products mentioned on the list come with a host of benefits. So, you can buy any of these products. Nonetheless, go with a shampoo that deals with your hair concerns the best. For example, if you want to tame your dry and frizzy hair, the rice water shampoo offered by Mamaearth is a great option. On the other hand, Buds & Berries’s shampoo can be your pick for hair growth and hair fall control. Go through this list and see which rice water shampoo in India can be best for you.
Can I use rice water every time I wash my hair?
Yes, rice water can be used every time you shampoo. After shampooing, you can use rice water to soak your hair and leave it on for about 15 minutes. You can then rinse it again with regular water.
How many times should I use rice water on my hair?
Rice water can be used daily or weekly.
How long should rice water stay in your hair?
You can keep your hair soaked in rice water for about half an hour. You can also use it as an overnight hair mask but do not leave it in your hair for more than 18 hours as it may lead to bacterial growth and can cause itching.
What are the side effects of rice water on hair?
1. Rice water has a lot of protein, and using it in excess can form an extra layer on your scalp and hair, making them dry and brittle
2. It can be problematic for those who have a dry scalp. Therefore, minimal usage and a proper rinse with regular water are essential
3. Fermented rice water can make your hair smell
4. Consistent application is necessary to see major benefits
5. Might not work for everyone
Can rice water damage your hair?
Rice water treatment may not work for everyone, and the results vary depending on your hair and scalp type, hair texture, lifestyle, diet and styling habits. Rice water has a lot of starch which can cause flakes to build up on your scalp. It may also cause a protein overload on your hair follicle and cause brittle and dry hair.
Who should not use rice water?
People who have a dry scalp or fine baby hair that has low porosity should avoid using rice water.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
CashKaro’s team of experts relies on in-depth research and information while reviewing any brand or product. That is why each review can be trusted. Similarly, this rice water shampoo review is curated after thoroughly evaluating the products based on their ingredients and benefits. Only the products with the best to offer are presented to you here.