While growing up, whenever our parents would cook us dinner, we would always hear coughing sounds thanks to the fumes, gas, and smoke being emitted. With the advent of technology, that is not the case anymore, thanks to kitchen chimneys. Indian cooking involves a lot of frying; to reduce the dirt and emissions from the same, you need a kitchen chimney to make your life easier! Research suggests that kitchens with chimneys are cleaner and more hygienic than kitchens without chimneys. If you’re thinking of investing in one of the best chimneys in India and don’t know much about them, don’t worry. Here are some of the best kitchen chimneys in India and a few helpful factors to consider before purchasing a kitchen chimney.
Our Top Picks
How Do We Choose the Best Kitchen Chimneys for You?
Kitchen chimneys come with numerous benefits, and there’s no reason why you shouldn’t get them. They quickly absorb fumes, prevent oil formation on the walls, and filter the air in your kitchens. The ideal cost of a good quality chimney can be anywhere from Rs 9,999 to Rs 34,999. You can, of course, go higher on the budget, but that’s not really necessary for home usage.
4 Important Things to Consider Before Purchasing a Kitchen Chimney in India:
- Size: This is simple. If your cooktop (stove) has 3 or fewer hobs (burners), then look for 60 cm versions. For any stove that uses more than 3 hobs at a time, 90 cm versions are more suitable.
- Suction: 1200 m3/hour is the suction power recommended for both 60 cm and 90 cm versions.
- Noise: These days, most chimneys come with a standard noise level of 58 db. Anything around this number is reasonable.
- Easy to Clean: Some kitchen chimneys come with auto-clean options, while others don’t. The auto-clean option increases the price factor as well. If you have a budget constraint, then at least make sure the chimney you choose is easy to clean manually.
The products mentioned below have bagged great customer reviews and have an average rating of 4-4.5/5 stars on Amazon. So, if you’re looking for reliable chimneys, check out our list below.
List of 10 Best Kitchen Chimneys in India
Hindware Appliances is one of the most reliable consumer appliance brands in the country. It was launched almost six decades ago by Hindware, which is a SHIL-led brand. The company produces kitchen ensembles, chimneys, and food sanitisers, water heaters, coolers, etc, that fit perfectly in your homes.
Prominent Features of the Hindware Auto Clean Chimney:
- It is constructed using thermal Auto-Clean technology that ensures hassle-free cooking
- One-touch controls on the front panel of the chimney enable ease of operation
- Has a long-lasting, sturdy metal oil collector that is easy to clean and can store more residue than plastic oil collectors
- Curved glass design
- Made with strong steel and glass
- It has a powerful suction of 1200m3/hr.
- Coated with stainless steel
- The plastic pipe on top is not very durable and needs to be replaced every few months
Kaff is a prominent manufacturer of kitchen appliances and ensemble products in India. This Gurgaon-based company has made a name for itself in the Indian market and competes with some of the biggest brands in the world today. You get everything from chimneys and wine coolers to built-in refrigerators under this brand.
Prominent Features of the Kaff Kitchen Chimney Aura:
- Give your kitchen the smoke-free makeover it deserves with the Kaff chimney
- Coated with a stylish matt decorative finish, this Kaff Chimney can add to your modern home aesthetic seamlessly
- It has a heavy-duty baffle filter which is very easy to clean
- Features a 3-speed gesture motion
- Has an airflow capacity of 1250 Nm3/h
- Has copper wiring
- Ensures no odour and smoke while cooking
- Features an LED light
- Produces less noise with only 54 decibels
- It requires annual servicing for its maintenance, which might be costly
Moreover, we have also curated a list of the best kitchen sink brands in India that will make your kitchen more beautiful. Do have a look.
Gilma produces top-quality kitchen appliances in the mid-to-premium range in India. The company was founded more than two decades ago and is owned by Stovekraft.
Prominent Features of the Gilma Calido Chimney:
- Adds a modern flair to your kitchen with this sleek silver aesthetic
- Its silent yet efficient performance certainly adds to the overall experience of convenience
- It’s made from the highest quality stainless steel materials to ensure no scratches or wear and tear
- It has a baffle filter, too which is very easy to clean
- Features 1100 m3h airflow
- It has 2 in-built lamps that effectively illuminate the stove
- Has a powerful motor
- It’s very lightweight
- The suction capacity is only 800 M3/H
Founded in 1999, Glen has brought a revolution to the Indian kitchen appliance market with its out-of-the-box efficient products. The company has its headquarters in Faridabad and operates smoothly across the country via offline and online stores. You can buy cooktops, chimneys, mixers/grinders, juicers, etc, under this brand.
Prominent Features of the Glen 6050 Junior Kitchen Chimney:
- Has a classic pyramid design hood with a black finish body
- It comes with 2 Stainless Steel baffle filters which are easy to clean and last a lifetime
- The 155w powerful 100% copper winding motor with thermal overload protector prevents motor overheating
- Has an 1000 m3/hr suction capacity
- Runs on 155 watts
- 40-watt powerful lamps effectively illuminate the hob area.
- With the high suction rate of 1000m3/h, this kitchen hood helps in emitting the oil particles
- The installation cost for this chimney is very high
Sunflame has been the number-one choice for millions of Indian customers for over two decades now. The brand was founded in 2010 and has its headquarters in Faridabad, India. It manufactures chimneys, cookware, and small appliances that are made with top-notch material and last very, very long.
Prominent Features of the Sunflame BELLA 60 SS Chimney:
- It comes fitted with easy-to-clean, heavy-duty stainless-steel baffle filters
- Its high-efficiency 190w motor is the heart of the chimney
- Gives a powerful suction of 1100 m3/hr
- Its unique design holds the motor and twin turbine in place whilst absorbing any vibrations they create
- The chimneys come with two energy-efficient LED appointments to keep your kitchen bright and heat-free, unlike the halogen alternatives
- It has a 3-speed control setting
- It produces more noise than the standard chimneys available
- Makes a lot of noise
When it comes to kitchen appliances, Prestige is one of the oldest and most reliable companies in India. The company was founded in the year 1955 by T T Krishnamachari and has its headquarters in Chennai. It become famous for its pressure cookers and slowly expanded to other products as well.
Prominent Features of the Prestige Royale Hoods Chimney:
- It is engineered to suit your needs offering a modern solution to your kitchen
- It catches the impurities faster, leaving a refreshing and easy-to-breathe atmosphere behind
- The heat-resistant tempered glass panel saves itself from the direct heat coming from the stove.
- Holds a powerful turbo suction capacity of 1100 m3/hr
- Made with stainless steel
- Features three-speed selection
- It has an easy push button that makes its controls super convenient
- The conical stainless steel filter helps absorb all particles effectively
- Has -72dB noise levels
- This kitchen chimney is heavier than the standard weight
Faber is a leading home and kitchen appliance brand in India. The company hails from Italy and was founded in the year 1955 by Professor Abramo Galassi. It was acquired by Franke Holding AG in 2005 and exports to several countries in Asia, Europe, and America.
Prominent Features of the Faber Hood Orient TC BK Chimney:
- Comes with advanced filterless technology, which means the chimney cleans itself automatically
- Its high-capacity blower gives a powerful suction of 1250 m3/hr
- A sleek glossy finish gives your kitchen a great modern aesthetic
- Has a touch panel which makes operating it so much easier
- The auto-clean feature helps in getting rid of oil particles itself with just one touch
- Comes with 2 LED lamps, which consume very little power
- Has a curved glass design
- Has an auto-clean feature
- The oil collector cup collects oils and other residues
- Fewer noise levels
- The LED lights are not that bright
Bosch is one of the largest electronics and home appliances companies in India. The brand hails from Germany and was founded in the year 18866 by Robert Bosch.
Prominent Features of the Bosch Chimney:
- Made with stainless steel
- It comes with a strong maintenance-free three-layered baffle filter
- The brushed steel finish and fitted LED lights only add to its sleek look and design
- Has a specially designed motor capable of delivering higher suction power at a noise level of as little as 55 DB
- Three-speed settings
- The filters ensure complete coverage of the burners from the top, which results in the total elimination of grease, heat, smell, and smoke
- It is engineered in Germany with the finest quality materials
- Corrosion-resistant body
- The weight is heavier than the standard chimneys
Kutchina Kitchen Chimney
Kutchina is a full-fledged kitchen solutions company that was founded in 2003. With headquarters in Kolkata, the brand manufactures top-grade kitchen appliances such as chimneys and stovetops that you can check out. All of its products are energy-efficient and made with the use of the latest technology.
Prominent Features of the Kutchina Curvy DLX:
- It is powered with AI and is designed to meet the needs of the new-age customer
- The I-Auto clean chimney sets self-cleaning schedules as per cooking frequency and duration and cleans itself automatically
- It uses filterless technology and has a high suction rate
- The suction capacity is 1200 m3/hr
- Has a powerful motor with copper winding
- The Power Saving LED lamp is designed to grant ease while cooking.
- It has a 100% copper winding motor.
- Manual cleaning of the chimney is difficult.
Hafele is another top contender in the kitchen appliance sector around the globe. The brand was founded in 1923 by Adolf Häfele and has its headquarters in Nagold, Germany. It also supplies architectural fittings and furniture fittings across nations.
Prominent Features of the Hafele FM Series Chimney:
- Powered with robust suction capabilities that free your kitchen from unwanted and unhealthy cooking smoke and residue
- A filter-free operation of the chimney adds up to the convenience greatly when it comes to cleaning
- Features suction capacity of 800 CBM
- Made with top-grade stainless steel
- With 800 CBM (cubic meter) capacity, Hafele Leo chimneys provide enough suction power to free your kitchen of smoke.
- The LED strips make it easier to view your kitchen countertop and consume less power.
- Manual cleaning is difficult.
Top Kitchen Chimneys in India with Ratings
|Best Kitchen Chimneys||Power Capacity||Ratings|
|Gilma Chimney||800 m3/hr||3.7/5|
|Hindware Chimney||1200 m3/hr||4.0/5|
|Kaff Chimney||1150 m3/hr||3.9/5|
|Glen Chimney||1000 m³/h||3.9/5|
|Sunflame Chimney||1100 m3/hr||3.8/5|
|Prestige Chimney||1100 m3/hr||3.8/5|
|Faber Chimney||1200 m3/hr||4.0/5|
|Bosch Chimney||800 m3/hr||3.7/5|
|Hafele Chimney||800 m3/hr||4.5/5|
Now that you know all about the good chimneys available in India, head on over to Amazon or Flipkart and start shopping! Remember to go via CashKaro so that you always get exxxtra Cashback!
In addition to this, we would also like you to check our latest blog, where we have mentioned some of the top kitchen cleaner brands available in India. Do check it out and let us know if you find it helpful.
Which type of chimney is best?
The chimneys with the auto-clean feature having a powerful suction capacity of 1200 m3/hr are the best type of kitchen chimneys. They give you ease of use as they quickly absorb all the particles and rid you of the hassle of cooking.
Which chimney is the best, auto-clean or manual?
While manual chimneys are easier to clean, they come with the added issue of wear and tear. While the auto-clean chimneys require external maintenance to be cleaned on an annual basis.
What is the difference between a 60cm and a 90cm chimney?
A 60cm chimney is best for a small stove, like a 2-3 burner stove, while a 90cm chimney works best for large stoves with 4-6 burners. For domestic use, it is recommended to use 60cm chimneys as they consume less power.
What is the best way to buy a kitchen chimney?
You may purchase a kitchen chimney online or offline. You will find great deals and discounts during sales on online stores like Amazon. Along with that, if you shop via CashKaro, you will get bonus Cashback and Rewards!
Which chimney is the best, duct or ductless?
It depends on your personal choice. Ultimately, if you look at the specifications, duct chimneys prove to be more efficient.