A lipstick is not just another cosmetic product; it is an emotion. It is an essential item that offers colour, definition, and shine to the lips. To respond to the ever-increasing demand for lipsticks, different companies are coming up with bewildering options leaving no hue, undertone, or finish untouched. Regardless of various options, it is crucial to choose the best lipstick brand that will enhance your OOTD and help boost your confidence. If you’re looking for the perfect lipstick formula for your skin, we have curated a list of the best lipstick brands in India. Also you can check some of the best kajals & list of top concealers in India.
Our Top Picks :
How Do We Choose the Best Lipstick Brands in India?
Lipstick formulas have undergone a revolution. Most of them are non-greasy, stay for a long time without smudging, and are non-transferable. They come in exciting shades and have different formulas to boost your confidence and glam up your personality. In India, you can easily get your hands on the best lipstick brands on all budgets ranging from Rs 100 to Rs 3000.
Here are some of the factors that we considered while compiling the list. We suggest you keep them in mind while choosing the best lipstick brand for yourself.
Different colours of lipstick suit different skin tones. So, make sure you choose the brand that offers multiple shades according to your skin tone. More the number of options, the better the shade you can pick for yourself.
Like any other makeup product, ingredients play an important role in choosing lipsticks. Pick the brand that provides the lipsticks with no harmful ingredients that can harm your skin or any ingredient you are allergic to.
Shelf life is another vital factor that you must consider while buying lipstick. Shelf life is the duration you can enjoy the product without it getting expired. For this, you have to check the manufacture date and date of expiration. Try to pick the brand that offers freshly manufactured products with higher shelf life.
List of 16 Best Lipstick Brands in India
Maybelline New York Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick
Maybelline is one of the first brands that comes to our minds when we think of lipsticks. It is an American cosmetics and skincare brand that has revolutionised the makeup industry with its unique and superb quality products. It was founded in 1914 by Thomas Lyle Williams and is headquartered in Manhattan, New York. It has been a subsidiary of L’oreal since 1996. If there is a brand bringing top-quality, affordable makeup to our tables, it has to be Maybelline.
Suitable Skin Type: All | Lipstick Shade: 695 Divine Wine
Prominent Features of the Maybelline New York Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick:
- This creamy matte lipstick looks dreamy and leaves your lips looking plump and beautiful
- It glides like velvet on the lips to offer a smooth and uncrackable finish
- This hydrating Maybelline lipstick shade is infused with honey nectar to keep your lips moisturised all day long
- It is lightweight and perfect for comfortable wear
- This Maybelline lipstick is truly the best of both worlds for providing a matte look + moisturisation
- Highly pigmented shade
- Infused with Shea Butter
- Protects your lips from drying
- Long-lasting formula
- Comes in 30+ pigmented shades
- It is not smudge-proof
L’oreal Paris is a French cosmetics, skincare, and fragrances company that has an outstanding clientele across the globe. This gigantic brand has its registered office in Paris and has collaborated with some of the most eminent personalities in the world for their advertisements and campaigns. It was founded in 1909 by Eugène Schueller and has grown greatly ever since.
Suitable Skin Type: All | Lipstick Shade: 266 Pure Rouge
Prominent Features of the L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Moist Matte Lipstick:
- This rich-matte lipstick collection comes in 45 stellar shades
- Offering an intense pay-off, one swipe of this lipstick is all you need to make your lips look glam
- It is formulated with the goodness of Jojoba Oil that leaves your lips intensely hydrated
- The black leather-like packaging is ultra-luxurious and will prove to be a great addition to your makeup collection
- This range of L’oreal Paris lipstick keeps lips soft, smooth, and ultra-hydrated all day long
- Highly pigmented creamy range
- Non-drying formula
- Gives a smooth and silky finish
- Easy to apply
- Provides an intense matte look
- It is expensive
- It is transferable
Lakme is undoubtedly one of the most adored Indian lipstick brands, and most women prefer using it every day. The brand was launched in 1952 by J.R.D Tata and Simone Tata and is headquartered in Mumbai, India. With several massive collaborations under its belt, Lakme has become a sensation in the Indian cosmetics scene. The brand enjoys loyalty from customers in India, Nepal, and a few other Asian countries.
Suitable Skin Type: All | Lipstick Shade: RM15
Prominent Features of the Lakmé Enrich Matte Lipstick:
- Infused with the goodness of vitamin E and olive oil that work together to keep your lips nourished and soft
- This lipstick stays on for a long and removes the need for constant touch-ups
- The shades are specially designed to give an even, luscious coat to your lips
- Comes in a palette of 20 vibrant and trendy shades that suits every Indian skin tone
- Intensepay-offer pay-off
- Smudge-proof lipstick
- Comfortable to wear
- Provides long-lasting shine
- Keeps lips hydrated
- It might get patchy on dehydrated lips
Faces Canada is prominent skincare and makeup brand from Toronto, Canada. The brand launched in India in 2009 and took the makeup industry by storm with its excellent quality products. It has many lipstick options with different formulations to suit every skin type and which are super gentle on your skin. You can easily find its products in your nearby cosmetics store or e-commerce sites such as Amazon and Tata Cliq.
Suitable Skin Type: All | Lipstick Shade: Royal Maroon 16
Prominent Features of the Faces Canada Weightless Matte Lipstick:
- Wearing a weightless lipstick that gives a glossy pout is everything a woman wants
- This Faces Canada Lipstick leaves your lips smooth, moisturised, and glossy
- It contains vitamin E, shea butter, jojoba oil and almond oil that keep your lips healthy and supple
- This lipstick is perfect for ladies who wish to sport a soft yet striking look with their everyday outfits
- Available in over 15 impeccable shades come at really pocket-friendly prices
- Powder matte smooth texture
- Pigmented rich formula
- Easy in application
- Long-lasting lipstick
- Kemoisturisedsturized and soft
- Requires a few touch-ups throughout the day
Founded by a celebrated American makeup artist and entrepreneur Huda Kattan, Huda Beauty is one of the fastest-growing brands in the world. Millions of men and women across the globe love Huda Beauty’s makeup range which includes foundations, powders, and striking matte lipsticks. As per Forbes, the brand generates a whopping revenue of Rs 14,86,89,00,000 through annual sales.
Suitable Skin Type: All | Lipstick Shades: Heartbreaker, Material Girl, Showgirl, Famous
Prominent Features of the Huda Beauty Matte Minis Red Edition Liquid Lipstick Set:
- Huda’s matte lipsticks are made with a moisturising formula that provides the best coverage to your lips
- Easy to use and apply, this lipstick glides smoothly on your lips without any breakage
- Get ready to have beautiful velvety lips with lipsticks from the best lipstick brand not just in India but globally
- Non-drying lipsticks that are infused with moisturising ingredients to offer a beautiful finish
- Easy to apply and keeps lips supple with the maximum pay-off for 8hrs
- Glides smoothly on the lips
- Suits all skin tones
- Vegan friendly
- Highly pigmented
- Comfortable and long-lasting
- Is quite expensive
Launched in 2004, Colorbar is one of the best cosmetics brands in India. It was founded by Samir Modi with an aim to take Indian makeup to a global standard. All of the products under this brand compete with famous international brands and deliver exceptional pay-off. Colorbar nail paints and lipsticks are super famous, and you must give them a shot too.
Suitable Skin Type: All | Lipstick Shade: Feeling Hawt
Prominent Features of the Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick:
- This velvet matte lipstick is enriched with the goodness of vitamin E, jojoba oils, and shea butter
- It provides immense hydration to your lips while keeping them soft
- The pay-off is high, and you do not have to worry about colour bleeding
- You can use this lipstick to add a bold and chic factor to your overall look
- It leaves a light, creamy matte finish behind the actual colour for beautiful lips the entire day
- Long-lasting lipstick
- Enriched with vitamin E
- Smudge-proof application
- Highly pigmented formula
- Contains broad-spectrum sun protection
- It dried out lips after a few hours
Wet n Wild
Wet n Wild is an American cosmetics brand that boasts top-notch products made without harming animals. This vegan and cruelty-free brand is based in Los Angeles, California and has managed to create a spectacular image in the cosmetics industry within a short period. It was launched in 1984 by Stanley Acker, who was a renowned name in the beauty industry.
Suitable Skin Type: All | Lipstick Shade: Give Me Mocha
Prominent Features of the Wet n Wild Megalast Liquid Catsuit Lipstick:
- It is a lipstick that glides on easily and does not dry out your lips
- Wet n Wild’s liquid lipsticks are formulated with superpowers that provide a glossy look to your lips and stay on for a long duration
- These liquid lipsticks are versatile in their usage and make a great choice for carrying in your purse, you know, last-minute touch-ups
- It offers a high-pigmented matte finish and comes with some serious staying power over long hours
- Cruelty-free lipsticks
- Keeps yomoisturisedsturised
- 100% cruelty-free
- Vegan and safe to use
- Lightweight formula
- Not very long-lasting lipstick
Sugar Cosmetics has become a sensation in the Indian makeup industry with its unique and out of the box lip shades. The brand was founded by Kaushik Mukherjee and Vineeta Singh in 2012. With headquarters in Mumbai, Sugar operates smoothly in every part of the country. You can easily find all of its products online via Sugar’s official website or through Amazon. It is also a cruelty-free brand, so all you animal lovers out there should definitely check it out.
Suitable Skin Type: All | Lipstick Shade: Brazen Raisin
Prominent Features of the SUGAR Cosmetics Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick:
- Sugar’s Smudge Me Not Lipstick is a lightweight liquid formula that glides beautifully on your lips
- It has a super-rich pigment that delivers opaque pay-off to make your lips look fuller
- Since it is enriched with the goodness of Vitamin E, this lipstick will prevent the darkening of lips and keeps your lips moisturised all-day
- Although it is a truly matte formula, you won’t feel uncomfortable post-application
- It has zero feathering or fading lipstick that lasts up to 12 Hrs without smudge
- Cruelty-free products
- Vitamin E keeps your lips nourished
- Travel-friendly packaging
- Transfer proof and waterproof
- Extremely matte lipsticks that might dry out your lips
One of the top lipstick brands in India, Revlon has secured a great position in the market with its uncompromised quality products. It was launched in 1932 by Joseph Revson, Charles Revson, and Charles Lachman. The brand’s headquarters are in New York, USA, and it successfully exports its products worldwide in numerous Asian and European countries.
Suitable Skin Type: All | Lipstick Shade: Light Brown
Prominent Features of the REVLON So Shady Ultra Hd Vinyl Lip Polish:
- Revlon’s Ultra-HD Vinyl Lip Polish has a spectacular formulation that plumps up your lips to make them look even more attractive
- It is enriched with Vitamin E and shea butter that offer intense hydration
- The lipstick has a liquid formula that sets to a glossy finish, perfect for applying as topcoats on mattes or used separately
- It is creamy mango and whipped vanilla-scented lip polish that smells divine
- Comfortable gloss finish
- Enriched with aloe gel and shea butter
- Lip hugging applicator
- Mess-free, non-bleeding colour
- It feels a little sticky on the lips
A subsidiary of L’oreal, Nyx Professional Makeup is an American cosmetics brand. It was launched in the year 1999 by Toni Ko and has gained quite an impressive following in India. Certified by PETA, Nyx takes pride in being a cruelty-free and vegan brand. Its products are exported to more than 70 countries worldwide and adored by numerous influential personalities across the globe.
Suitable Skin Type: All | Lipstick Shade: Best Buds
Prominent Features of the Nyx Professional Makeup Powder Puff Lippie Lip Cream:
- The Nyx Powder Puff Lippie is a comfortable liquid lipstick that settles down to a soft powder matte finish on your lips
- It comes in an interesting tube packaging with a sponge tip that allows for even application
- The formula is very pigmented, so you get a high pay-off without using too much product
- It is certified And acknowledged By Peta as a cruelty-free product that is not tested on any animal
- Lightweight powder-matte finish
- Cruelty-free and vegan
- Super comfortable lipstick
- Comes in eight vibrant shades
- Smooth application
- Quite expensive
Elle 18 is known for its highly affordable lipsticks and nail polishes. This Indian brand was founded in 1998 and is run by Hindustan Unilever Limited. The quality you get for such a low price is very difficult, but Elle 18 has been making that possible for years. This is one of the only brands in India that has made makeup inclusive for everyone.
Suitable Skin Type: All | Lipstick Shade: Belgian Brown
Prominent Features of the Elle 18 Color Pop Matte Lip Color:
- The Elle 18 Color Pop Matte Lipstick is a soft and comfortable matte lipstick that comes in bullet form
- It is super tiny and comes in a cute packaging which is easy to carry around anywhere
- The lipstick is quite pigmented and keeps your lips moist all the time
- It has a new formulation that gives high pay-off from a single stroke
- High-performance lip colour that provides soft, smooth lips in a few seconds
- Comfortable formula
- Highly pigmented
- Smooth matte texture
- 20 vibrant and fun shades
- The high colour pays off
- It has a strong perfume-like smell
Lotus Herbals is an Indian brand that excels at combining Ayurveda and technology to create unique skincare and cosmetic products. It was founded in 1993 by Mr Kamal Passi and had its headquarters in New Delhi, India. You can find several great skincare, haircare, and makeup products under this brand that are trusted by millions across the board.
Suitable Skin Type: All | Shade: Mystic Wine
Prominent Features of the Lotus Makeup Ecostay Butter Matte Lip Colour:
- Lotus Makeup Ecostay Butter Matte Lipstick has a smooth and velvety formula that literally glides on like butter on your lips
- It is intensely pigmented and delivers the excellent pay-off
- The lipsticks are super lightweight and nourishing so that you don’t feel uncomfortable when wearing them for long hours
- Infused with anti-oxidants and lip conditioners that make the lips fuller and voluptuous
- Has shea butter, vitamin E, and jojoba oil
- Super pigmented
- Excellent coverage
- Buttery matte formula
- Ultimate stay without smudging
- Does not stay longer without touch-ups
Chambor has been one of the leading brands in the Indian cosmetics industry for many years. This Swiss brand came to India in the year 1994 and has succeeded in securing a high position in the market. It is highly regarded for premium quality and skin-friendly makeup products. Its liquid lipsticks are always high in demand here in the country.
Suitable Skin Type: Normal | Shade: No. 402
Prominent Features of the Chambor Extreme Wear Transferproof Liquid Lipstick:
- Chambor’s Extreme Wear Lipsticks have a long-lasting liquid formula that stays on for hours
- It dries down to a creamy soft matte finish on your lips, giving them an airbrushed look
- Since these lippers are waterproof, you can eat and drink whatever you like without having to do touch-ups every now and then
- It is a transfer-proof liquid formula with a smooth sensorial feel and a creamy matte finish
- This lipstick is 100% vegan, cruelty-free, and dermatologically tested for safe usage
- Creamy matte formula
- Super long wear
- Drawing the lipline with the applicator is a little difficult
The renowned Canadian cosmetics brand M.A.C was founded in 1984 by Frank Toskan and Frank Angelo. It is a sub-brand of luxury beauty brand Estee Lauder and has its headquarters in New York. M.A.C lipsticks are sensational and a must-have in every woman’s collection. You get a variety of different formulas according to different skin types and a wide shade range which has something for every skin tone in the world.
Suitable Skin Type: All | Shade: Ruby Woo
Prominent Features of the M.A.C Matte Little Lipstick:
- M.A.C’s Matte Little Lipstick is one of its highest selling products today
- It has a premium and creamy formula that delivers optimum pay-off in one stroke of application
- The colours are super vivid and perfect for Indian skin
- High-end lipsticks are available in amazing colours that come in beautifully packed cases
- Contains hydrating ingredients to soothe your lips and offer you a no-shine matte finish
- Travel-friendly packaging
- Comfortable matte formula
- Long-wearing and versatile
- Super pigmented formula
- Does not smudge, fade, or feather
- It tends to accentuate the fine lines
Oriflame is a Swedish-Swiss cosmetic company making a significant impact in the beauty industry today. It was founded in 1967 by Jonas af Jochnick, Robert af Jochnick, and Bengt Hellsten. Its registered offices are in Sweden while the head office is located in Switzerland. Oriflame has a good following in India and operates in 60+ countries across the globe.
Skin: All | Shade: Burgundy
Prominent Features of the Oriflame Colourbox Lipstick:
- The Oriflame Colourbox Lipstick comes in a sleek bullet packaging which looks premium and is convenient to apply
- These lippers are highly pigmented so that you will get a full blush of colour without much hassle
- They have a soft, smooth, and lightweight formulation that sits beautifully on your lips and lasts for a long time
- Formulated with Vibrant Pigment Blend that offers a perfectly textured colour for all occasions
- It ensures even coverage for lovable, colour drenched lips
- Soft and smooth texture
- Vibrant colour options
- Does not last very long
Biotique is a highly trusted skincare and cosmetics brand in India. It was founded in the year 1992 and had its headquarters in Noida, India. The brand became famous for its soaps, shampoos, and body washes and then slowly ventured into cosmetics as well. Since the products are essentially made with natural ingredients, they have become a popular choice.
Skin: All | Shade: Twinkle Pink
Prominent Features of the Biotique Natural Makeup Magicolor Lipstick:
- Biotique’s Natural Makeup Magicolor lipstick is designed with natural ingredients to keep your lips nourished
- It has a wide shade range that gives you a variety of options to get the best looks
- All lipsticks are silicone-free, organic, and cruelty-free that makes them safe for the lips
- Moisture-rich shades that hydrate and nourish the lips while keeping them supple all day long
- Lasts more than 12 hours and prevents drying and chapping of lips
- Dermatologically tested
- Comes in 15 colours
- Highly consistent
- It has an overpowering smell
While many trends come and go, lipsticks never go out of style. Be it a casual day out, a dinner date, or an office meeting, no look is complete with lipstick. It is one beauty product that makes you stand out and enhances your look in just a few seconds. While we adore each and every lipstick mentioned on the list, we personally love using lipsticks from Maybelline, Faces Canada, M.A.C, and Sugar. However, we recommend you review the entire list to arm up your makeup routine with the best lipstick.
What are the best Indian lipstick brands?
India has a thriving cosmetics and skincare industry with numerous homegrown brands coming up with top-notch products. Some of the best Indian lipstick brands are Lakme, Sugar, Colorbar, and Lotus Herbals.
Which lipstick is best for daily use?
You can try lipsticks from the Lakme 9 to 5 range or Maybelline’s Bullet Matte lipsticks. These are very hydrating, deliver an intense pigment, and will last for a long time.
Can matte lipsticks dry your lips?
Matte lipsticks are the number one choice for most women around the globe. Unlike glossy and shiny lipsticks, these tend to last more and offer you a fuller-looking pout. Matte lipsticks can be dry if you won’t moisturise your lips properly before application. All you need to do is gently scrub your moisturiser and then apply the lipstick for an even finish.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
At CashKaro, we have a team of professional researchers who find products that stand out from the crowd. We look for high-quality goods to make your buying experience more enjoyable and convenient. To come up with the best lipstick brands, we considered several factors such as price, formula, pigmentation, shade range, and packaging. We hope that you find this list helpful in making an informed decision.