Oily, acne-prone skin? We totally get it! You may have had a really tough time trying out several products which ultimately have not proven to be good. Guess what, bidding goodbye to that unwanted acne on your skin has now become super easy, all thanks to some extremely wonderful products! Keep reading to know the best moisturisers for acne-prone skin in India, and scroll through our handpicked options that are here to help you pick a suitable anti-acne cream for yourself. Let’s dig in, shall we?
|Our Top Recommendations||Best Prices on Amazon|
|Lacto Calamine Face Lotion||Check Prices|
|Mamaearth Vitamin C Oil-Free Moisturiser||Check Prices|
|Lotus Herbals Moisturiser||Check Prices|
How Do We Choose the Best Moisturisers for Acne Prone Skin for You?
As annoying as it can be, acne-prone skin needs care and should be moisturised daily. In India, a good quality moisturiser for acne-prone skin can cost anywhere between Rs 250 to Rs 500. Before you jump into our recommendations for the best moisturisers for acne-prone skin in India, take a look at the factors that helped us decide on the best products for you.
The first thing you should consider while choosing a moisturiser is the kind of skin you have. Acne outbreaks may also occur in people with dry, combination, normal, or sensitive skin types. For example, a moisturiser that is water-based, oil-free, and lightweight is needed for someone with oily, acne-prone skin.
Before making a purchase, always check the moisturiser’s components. Avoid products that include parabens and mineral oils. These chemicals weigh a lot and clog pores. Clogged pores may lead to infected zits and pimples on the skin. Therefore, we recommend that you avoid products containing harmful ingredients.
The next factor that you should look into while deciding on a moisturiser is the formula of the product. Every skin is different and needs a particular formula of moisturiser. For example, oily, acne-prone skin requires a moisturiser that is lightweight. Therefore, we recommend that you use a gel-based moisturiser.
List of 12 Best Moisturisers for Acne Prone Skin in India
On this page:
- 1. Lacto Calamine Face Lotion
- 2. Mamaearth Vitamin C Oil-Free Moisturiser
- 3. Lotus Herbals Moisturiser
- 4. L’Oreal Paris Skin Perfect Cream
- 5. Brinton AcMist Moisturising Cream Gel
- 6. Plum Green Tea Mattifying Moisturiser
- 7. Himalaya Oil-Free Radiance Gel Cream
- 8. Jovees Ayurveda Anti Acne and Pimple Cream
- 9. Wow Skin Science Green Tea Face Moisturiser
- 10. Biotique Bio Winter Anti Acne Cream
- 11. Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser
- 12. Pilgrim Oil-free Gel Moisturiser
- Which moisturiser is best for acne skin in India?
- Should I moisturise at night if I have acne?
- What foods cause acne?
- How do I clear acne on my cheeks?
- Is Cetaphil moisturiser good for acne?
1. Lacto Calamine Face Lotion
Lacto Calamine Skin Balance Lotion Hydration helps maintains glow and vitality. The presence of essential zinc and iron oxides fight various skin ailments and give you a top finish that glows radiantly. The moisturiser hydrates the skin and ensures that all the stripped hydration is replenished, so your face is ready.
Prominent Features of the Lacto Calamine Face Lotion:
- The lotion is enriched with Kaolin and Aloe Vera Extracts which is a suitable formulation for acne-prone and irritated skin
- The lotion acts efficiently to reduce acne and other forms of skin breakouts to leave a smooth texture behind
- The Lacto Calamine Lotion has a soothing effect on irritated or inflamed skin
- Retains skin’s natural moisture
- Provides a youthful look
- Absorbs excess oil from the face
- Hydrates skin
Why We Picked the Lacto Calamine Face Lotion?
Over a million women in India have chosen Lacto Calamine due to its trusted formula. The Lacto Calamine face lotion renders a cooling sensation for your skin, so you always enjoy a soothing effect to beat irritated or inflamed skin. The paraben-free solution is ideal for giving you a clear, matte face every day. By absorbing extra oil, the lotion aids in preventing issues including breakouts, acne, dark spots, blackheads, and uneven skin.
2. Mamaearth Vitamin C Oil-Free Moisturiser
Mamaearth’s Oil-Free Face Moisturiser balances the pH level of the skin and helps reduce breakouts. The moisturiser helps deliver long-lasting hydration and retains the natural moisture of the skin. Therefore, the skin is left feeling smooth, supple, and elastic. The Mamaearth Moisturiser removes oil from deep within pores and fights existing acne & pimples. It closes pores to prevent further breakouts.
Prominent Features of the Mamaearth Vitamin C Oil-Free Moisturiser:
- The non-greasy formula of the cream is free from toxins like silicones, SLS & harmful chemicals
- The non-comedogenic face moisturiser is suitable for acne-prone skin as it hydrates your face and keeps acne & pimples away
- The Mamaearth moisturiser feels light on the face and is non-greasy
- The oil repellant formula closes pores & hydrates skin effectively for a longer time
- Lightweight moisturiser
- Helps skin retain its natural moisture
- Keeps the skin’s pH level balanced
- Gives a non-greasy look
Why We Picked the Mamaearth Vitamin C Oil-Free Moisturiser?
The Mamaearth Vitamin C Oil Free Moisturiser is the ideal product for your skin. This moisturiser, which is made with natural components including Vitamin C, Gotu Kola, and Vitamin E, is appropriate for all skin types. It calms the skin, evens up the skin tone, and maintains the skin supple and silky. Additionally, the moisturiser has undergone dermatological testing and is free of sulfates, parabens, SLS, artificial preservatives, and colours.
Moreover, do your skin also goes dry whenever there is a change in weather or season? then do check out our blog, where we have covered some of the best moisturisers for dry skin in India.
3. Lotus Herbals Moisturiser
Pamper your skin like that of a queen and ensure your beauty is the centre of all attention wherever you go. The Lotus Herbals Alphamoist Alpha Hydroxy Skin Renewal Oil Free Moisturiser is crafted with utmost care in order to keep your skin looking younger and firmer. This natural and organic moisturiser is the perfect answer for your skin’s perfect health. Composed of grape extract, milk enzymes and aloe vera, this moisturiser is an effective way to cleanse your skin and also moisturise it, both at once.
Prominent Features of the Lotus Herbals Moisturiser:
- Grape extract is rich in antioxidant properties, and this ensures that the pores on your face are all detoxified
- The presence of milk enzymes leaves your skin softer and smoother
- The anti-inflammatory properties of this Lotus Herbals Moisturiser will help in soothing your skin and keeping its natural balance intact
- Skin smoothening properties
- Provides moisturisation to the deepest skin layers
- Natural and organic product
Why We Picked the Lotus Herbals Moisturiser?
The Lotus Herbals Moisturiser keeps skin supple and silky and delivers powerful moisturisation. Naturally beneficial ingredients, present in abundance in this moisturiser, quickly penetrates into your skin to provide strong hydration. Additionally, it is high in vitamin A, which helps to manage breakouts and minimise acne, giving you lovely, smooth skin.
4. L’Oreal Paris Skin Perfect Cream
The groundbreaking skincare line L’Oreal Paris Skin Perfect is the result of ten years of intensive research at the L’Oréal global and Indian research and innovation laboratories. With high-performing active ingredients, L’Oréal Paris skin perfect offers a unique sensorial experience with visibly beautifying results. The L’Oreal Moisturiser combines deep whitening active ingredients that help to even out skin tone. It also deals with acne and prevents the skin from getting too oily.
Prominent Features of the L’Oreal Paris Skin Perfect Cream:
- The L’Oreal Paris Moisturiser eliminates fine wrinkles and brightens skin tone
- The moisturiser helps prevent oiliness, acne, and blemishes while giving you that flawless clean skin look
- The product combines deep whitening active ingredients that help to even out skin tone
- Prevents acne and reduced blemishes
- Reduces fine lines
- Gives a glowing radiance
Why We Picked the L’Oreal Paris Skin Perfect Cream?
The L’Oreal Paris Skin Perfect Cream has been designed to provide noticeable benefits after only 4 weeks of use. With this line from L’Oréal Paris Skin Perfect, which combines deep whitening active ingredients that help to even out skin tone with vitamins B3, C, and E, you may have healthy-looking skin at any age. Additionally, the moisturiser keeps your skin fresh and prevents pimples and acne.
5. Brinton AcMist Moisturising Cream Gel
AcMist moisturising cream gel is enriched with squalane, Vitamin E and Aloe vera for acne-prone & oily skin. It has a very light and gentle formulation that relieves dryness and softens skin. Acmist Moisturising Gel won’t clog pores or leave a greasy feel. Active moisturising complex ensures your skin replenishes its moisturiser balance and suppleness.
Prominent Features of the Brinton AcMist Moisturising Cream Gel:
- The AcMist Moisturising Cream Gel is appropriate for oily skin and is used by acne-prone people
- This cream cleans out extra oil and prevents clogged pores
- The product helps to heal breakouts and stop new ones from occurring
- The cream has a very mild formulation that softens skin and soothes dryness
- Quick absorbing formula
- Oil-free moisturiser
- It can be used as an all-day cream
Why We Picked the Brinton AcMist Moisturising Cream Gel?
The Brinton Moisturising Cream Gel is one of our favourites. The gel won’t feel sticky on the skin thanks to its rapid absorption composition. It includes squalane, which ensures deep hydration, and Vitamin E. This reduces sebum production and protects oxidative stress in acne. The moisturising cream gel helps treat pimples.
6. Plum Green Tea Mattifying Moisturiser
Plum Green Tea Oil Free Moisturiser is a 100% vegan, non-comedogenic daily moisturiser for oily and combination skin. The moisturiser contains organic Green Tea extracts that act against acne-causing processes in your skin. The multi-dimensional care enables controlled hydration, a non-shiny matte finish, and a clear appearance. A great natural astringent, green tea is also anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial and provides the skin with nourishing anti-oxidants to decrease the signs of ageing.
Prominent Features of the Plum Green Tea Mattifying Moisturiser:
- The elements in the Plum Green Tea Mattifying Moisturiser may help you regulate excessive oil production
- Glycolic acid helps in skin renewal and also prevents the build-up of skin debris that can cause acne
- The Plum Green Tea Mattifying Moisturiser is FDA-approved, free of mineral oil, SLS, cruelty to animals, and parabens
- Paraben and silicone free
- Hydrates skin
- FDA approved
- Cruelty-free product
7. Himalaya Oil-Free Radiance Gel Cream
Himalaya Herbals Oil-Free Radiance Gel Cream is suitable for daily use. The cream has a light and non-greasy texture. The gel cream absorbs quickly and leaves the skin gently hydrated. This Gel cream is enriched with special herbs that provide enough moisture to keep skin healthy, protected and rejuvenated.
Prominent Features of the Himalaya Oil-Free Radiance Gel Cream:
- The presence of Barbary Fig contains polysaccharides that provide moisture
- The Himalaya Oil-Free Radiance Gel Cream is dermatologically tested and non-comedogenic
- The moisturiser is free of mineral oils and parabens and is hypoallergenic
- Daily care moisturiser
- Gives a glowing radiance
- Quick absorption formula
8. Jovees Ayurveda Anti Acne and Pimple Cream
This ayurvedic anti-acne and pimple cream is the result of extensive research based on nature therapy to help control and cure acne. It is developed using neem, long pepper, and red sandalwood, along with precious herbal extracts. The moisturiser helps clear acne and prevent future breakouts. Oily and acne-prone skin needs a carefully balanced amount of moisture that neither causes stickiness nor clogs pores.
Prominent Features of the Himalaya Oil-Free Radiance Gel Cream:
- The Jovees Ayurveda cream works on persistent acne, lowers overproduction of sebum, and removes acne scars
- The cream has been crafted especially for acne-prone, oily, and sensitive skin
- The cream is perfect for oily and sensitive skin
- Contains natural ingredients
- Nourishes the skin
- Suitable for regular use
- Ayurvedic healing properties
9. Wow Skin Science Green Tea Face Moisturiser
Refresh, hydrate and keep your greasy, acne-prone skin soft with WOW Skin Science Green Tea Oil-Free Face Moisturiser. The moisturiser helps to moisturise oily, acne-prone skin without clogging pores. It balances excess sebum on the skin and reduces redness and acne flare-ups. The actives in the moisturiser helps to repair skin damage, maintain collagen levels and improve skin elasticity. It also minimises the appearance of fine lines.
Prominent Features of the Wow Skin Science Green Tea Face Moisturiser:
- The Wow moisturiser hydrates and improves texture, and helps to restore skin radiance.
- Hyaluronic acid and shea butter soothe sensitive skin while defending the skin’s natural moisture barrier
- The moisturiser’s vitamins and antioxidants prevent skin damage, lessen the appearance of fine wrinkles, and enhance skin texture
- Beetroot and green tea extracts promote healthy circulation and reduce excess sebum for balanced skin
- Refines and nourishes the skin
- Dermatologically tested
- No parabens and silicones
- Provides deep nourishment
In addition to this, we would also like you to check our latest blog, where we have mentioned some of the top moisturizers for men in India. Do have a look and let us know if you find it helpful.
10. Biotique Bio Winter Anti Acne Cream
The leaves of a tiny evergreen plant noted for its calming, restorative, and anti-inflammatory properties are used to make the Biotique Bio Winter Anti Acne Cream. This calming spot-correcting lotion aids in the removal of blemishes and fosters poreless, smooth skin that is neither flaky nor dry. The combination of wintergreen oil, neem oil, and extracts of berberry and euphorbia is particularly effective in controlling acne and other skin issues. It is a very efficient lotion for treating pimples.
Prominent Features of the Biotique Bio Winter Anti Acne Cream:
- The extracts of wintergreen and neem plants control pimples and acne
- With no flakiness or dryness, this calming spot-correcting cream promotes pore-less, beautiful skin by clearing up blemishes
- The Biotique moisturiser has calming, healing, and anti-inflammatory properties that ideal for oily, prone-to-acne skin
- Soothing effect on the skin
- Includes only natural ingredients
- Can be worn all-day
- Provides a flawless skin
11. Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser
For oily skin, the Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser is the ideal moisturiser. The oil-free moisturiser offers care that feels light on the face and leaves it soft, silky, and completely moisturised. The face moisturiser also contains Borage seed oil, which is proven to smooth dry and damaged skin in addition to restoring moisture. It also contains other skin-loving components, including pro-vitamin B5 and vitamin E.
Prominent Features of the Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser:
- The Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser provides 12-hour moisturization, leaving your skin feeling moisturised and smooth
- The moisturiser does not have any synthetic fragrance, additional colour or dye
- The lotion is lightweight and quick to absorb without clogging pores
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic
- Free from chemicals that might irritate the skin
12. Pilgrim Oil-free Gel Moisturiser
The Pilgrim Oil Free Gel Moisturiser reduces oiliness and shines for a matte, smooth finish for your skin. The formula’s absence of oil moisturises the face without blocking pores. Glycerin and Hyaluronic Acid hydrate and moisturises the skin. The presence of niacinamide decreases the appearance of pores while Willow Bark calms
Prominent Features of the Pilgrim Oil-free Gel Moisturiser:
- Glycerin and hyaluronic acid strengthen the skin’s moisture barrier while hydrating it for up to 24 hours
- By eliminating dead skin cells from the skin’s surface, willow bark extracts improve the appearance of the skin
- The Oil-free Gel Moisturiser is FDA certified and contains no paraben, sulphates, mineral oils, or other harsh chemicals
- Promotes a clear and polished complexion
- Minimizes pore appearance
People suffering from acne-prone skin must invest in a good quality moisturiser that keeps their skin clean and glowing. Choose a suitable moisturiser for acne-prone skin that can keep the skin moisturised enough to battle dryness and prevent pimples. Based on our research, the Lacto Calamine Face Lotion, Mamaearth Vitamin C Oil-Free Moisturiser, and Lotus Herbals Moisturiser are our top picks for the best moisturisers in India for acne-prone skin. While making our recommendations, we also took into account factors like skin type, ingredients, and texture. Let us know which one worked out the best for you!
Which moisturiser is best for acne skin in India?
According to us, the Lacto Calamine Face Lotion, Mamaearth Vitamin C Oil-Free Moisturiser, and Lotus Herbals Moisturiser are the best moisturisers for acne-prone skin in India. However, we recommend that you go through our entire list and choose one that is best suited to your requirements.
Should I moisturise at night if I have acne?
Even if you have acne, we recommend that you still moisturise your skin. In fact, moisturisers are essential to maintaining the best level of relaxation for acne-prone skin. Therefore, it is ideal that you moisturise daily with a cream that is suited to your requirements.
What foods cause acne?
If you regularly consume foods and beverages like soda, white bread, white rice, and cake, or have too much oil in your meals, you’re more prone to get acne. These meals’ sugar and carbohydrates have a tendency to enter your bloodstream very fast. They have a high glycemic index, which gauges how nutrients influence blood sugar levels.
How do I clear acne on my cheeks?
In order to clean acne on the cheeks, we recommend that you use a clean towel to pat dry the skin after gently washing it. Apply ice to the pimple for 5 to 10 minutes after wrapping it with a towel. You can also apply a spot treatment with a minimum 2% benzoyl peroxide content.
Is Cetaphil moisturiser good for acne?
Cetaphil moisturising lotion has long been a favourite of those with sensitive skin. The lotion also works well for most people, even those of us who have acne to cure. Being fragrance-free, non-comedogenic, oil-free, and lightweight, it checks off all the important boxes. It is quite inexpensive and a sure bet.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Highly experienced and competent researchers at CashKaro work hard to provide you with the finest market suggestions available online. To create a list of products you can trust, we evaluate various products and compare them based on a variety of factors. We considered skin type, ingredients, texture, and other aspects while making our recommendations for moisturisers for acne-prone skin. We really hope that this list will assist you in reaching an educated conclusion.