While the market has always favoured skincare products for women, the focus on men has also dramatically increased over the past few years – and with good reasons. Men’s skin texture is different from that of women and needs constant moisturising so as to prevent it from losing the essential oils. It is advisable that men must moisturise their skin using a face cream for men, after a bath or whenever the skin feels dry. So, whether you’re turning 40 this year, want to tackle shine, have dry skin or are prone to redness, here is the list of best moisturisers for men that are must try.
|Our Top Recommendations||Best Prices on Amazon|
|Khadi Natural||Check Prices|
How Do We Choose the Right Moisturisers for Men?
Taking care of your skin is a serious undertaking, and it is essential you understand what suits you and what doesn’t. Be it, men or women, both genders need to carefully pick a face moisturiser to get the best results. In India, you can easily find one of the best moisturisers on different budgets, from Rs 90 to Rs 4,000.
To ensure you make the right decision, we have considered the following factors while curating this list of the best moisturisers for men in India. Make sure you keep these in mind for picking the right cream for you.
1. Skin Type
You have to keep in mind what your skin type is. Here are a few pointers to help you:
- Oily Skin: If your skin secretes a lot of oil, it is advisable to opt for a moisturiser which is water-based as opposed to an oil-based moisturiser. A lightweight moisturiser will give you the right balance and provide an even skin tone as well.
- Dry Skin: If you suffer from dry skin, which is left feeling patchy and flaky, then go for a product which has tons of essential oils and find a petroleum jelly-based cream which will seep into the skin to moisturise it from within.
- Sensitive Skin: If you’re prone to chaps and cuts and your skin is easily irritated, go for a soothing cream that doesn’t have too much chemical build-up. Avoid creams with alcohol in them, and try to opt for natural or herbal creams.
- Normal Skin: For those who have normal skin, a good water-based moisturiser should do the trick. Avoid using oil-based creams as they may leave an unwanted shine on the skin.
The next step, of course, is to consider the ingredients the cream is made up of. Make sure to look out for these ingredients in your cream:
- Alcohol: Alcohol is a very common ingredient that can be found in most creams. If you have sensitive skin, avoid alcohols like astringents and ethyl alcohol. However, there are also good alcohols like lanolin which can deeply moisturise the skin from the inside. Be sure about your skin type so as to not suffer from irritation.
- Retinol: Retinol is a chemical which can help get rid of dead skin thanks to its exfoliating properties. Creams with Retinol in them can also help in repairing skin cells by boosting the production of collagen.
- Essential Oils: Creams with essential oils are highly hydrating and provide moisture to the skin. These are best suited for dry skin. Creams can have a variety of essential oils ranging from almond to lavender to grapefruit. It also adds a nice scent to the cream.
- Antioxidants: If you’re ready to spend a little extra, you can find creams rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Vitamin A as well. These creams can improve the quality of your skin and help get rid of wrinkles and fine lines as well.
It is important to consider the brand before you invest in a facial cream. Although most brands promise to do wonders to your skin, you need to make sure the products from a particular brand suit you. With so many brands to choose from, we have listed the most trustworthy names, which have been in the market for a long time.
Creams are designed for specific age groups. People who cross 30-35 years of age need to start looking at creams with anti-ageing features as well to tighten the skin and help fight against wrinkles. If you have younger skin, you can opt for creams with lesser chemicals and go for more herbal options.
Price is one of the key deciding factors when it comes to purchasing any product. Look around for brands and products that are reasonable for your pocket and do the job you wish them to do. To help you out, we have picked the creams for all budgets.
List of Top 15 Moisturisers for Men in India
On this page:
- 1. Oriflame ‘North For Men’ Moisturizing Fairness Cream
- 2. Mamaearth Oil-Free Moisturizer
- 3. Khadi Natural Almond and Saffron Herbal Moisturizer
- 4. VLCC Honey Moisturizer
- 5. Pond’s Men Oil Control Moisturizer
- 6. Nivea Men Dark Spot Reduction Moisturiser
- 7. Natio For Men Firming Face Moisturiser
- 8. Garnier Men Power White Fairness Moisturiser
- 9. L’Oreal Paris Men Expert White Activ Whitening Moisturing Fluid
- 10. Olay Day Cream White Radiance Moisturiser
- 11. Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturiser
- 12. Nivea Men Oil Control Moisturiser
- 13. Biotique Bio Carrot Ultra Soothing Face Lotion
- 14. Kaya Men Whitening Moisturiser
- 15. Lab Series Daily Moisture Defense Lotion
- What are the best moisturisers for men?
- Should men moisturise their skin?
- What is the best moisturiser for men with oily skin?
- What is the most effective moisturiser?
1. Oriflame ‘North For Men’ Moisturizing Fairness Cream
Oriflame North For Men Moisturizing Fairness Cream is a fast-absorbing face lotion that is widely popular among men. Enriched with the goodness of mulberry extract, this face cream for men imparts an even-toned and brighter complexion. The moisturiser helps to prevent skin pigmentation and darkening and leaves the skin soft and supple after application, making it the best face moisturiser for men.
Prominent Features of the Oriflame’ North For Men’ Moisturizing Fairness Cream:
- Contains White Fumes Extract that promotes dark pigment formation for brighter skin
- Regular application reinforces natural resistance against daily aggressions for comfortable usage
- Provides sun protection with SPF 18 and helps in reducing dark spots, and evens out skin complexion
- Nourishes the skin
- Environmentally sustainable
- Leaves skin softer
- It might irritate your skin while applying
Why We Picked the Oriflame North For Men Moisturizing Fairness Cream?
Oriflame North For Men Moisturizing Fairness Cream comes in user-friendly packaging and is extremely light on the skin. It helps in bringing instant fairness to the face while retaining moisture within the different layers of the skin.
2. Mamaearth Oil-Free Moisturizer
A lightweight, non-greasy formula, Mamaearth Oil-Free Moisturizer is a popular choice for users across the country. This face moisturiser is suitable for acne-prone skin and feels super light on the surface of the skin. This skin-revitalising solution penetrates deep into the skin to open pores and eliminate the excess oil. It also helps in shrinking the pores and keeps the skin hydrated for long hours.
Prominent Features of the Mamaearth Oil-Free Moisturizer:
- It is natural and toxin-free and does not contain sulfates, paraben, SLS, mineral oil, petroleum, or any other artificial preservatives
- This moisturiser has the goodness of apple cider vinegar that balances the pH level of the skin and reduces acne breakouts
- Cetearyl Octanoate acts as a lubricant and makes the skin look soft, smooth, and supple with no greasiness
- Light on face
- Removes acne or pimples
- Nourishes the skin
- Reduces wrinkles and skin irritation
- Not suitable for dry skin
Why We Picked the Mamaearth Oil-Free Moisturizer?
Mamaearth Oil-Free Moisturizer is an effective skincare solution that glides slowly over the face and offers a smooth and refreshing look to the skin. Not only does this product help to remove pimples, but it also prevents their reoccurrence. This is one of the best moisturisers for men that nourishes the face effectively and leaves a non-greasy and soft effect after application.
3. Khadi Natural Almond and Saffron Herbal Moisturizer
Khadi Natural Almond and Saffron Herbal Moisturizer is infused with the goodness of herbal ingredients like wheat germ and almond oil and shows tremendous results for oily, sensitive, or acne-prone skin. This is a natural moisturiser with the property to unclog the pores and can be super useful in keeping the skin nourished. It melts on the skin easily, leaving it softer and more toned than before. Simply take an adequate amount of this product and apply it gently over your body.
Prominent Features of the Khadi Natural Herbal Face & Body Moisturizer:
- Enriched with aloe vera and wheat germ oil that improves the skin texture and keeps it nourished for a longer duration
- Contains almond that exfoliates the skin, reduces dark circles, and also helps in getting rid of wrinkles and fine lines
- It has outstanding purifying properties and is anti-bacterial in nature that helps in dealing with acne and pimples
- Lightweight and creamy
- Restores skin elasticity
- Free from harmful chemicals
- Adds radiance to the skin
- Has a strong fragrance which might not be favourable for everyone
Why We Picked the Khadi Natural Herbal Face & Body Moisturizer?
Khadi Natural Herbal Face & Body Moisturizer is a unique skin formula for the tough skin of men. One of the best creams for men, it is a genuine product that glides easily over the skin and gives it a soft and smooth look after application.
4. VLCC Honey Moisturizer
VLCC Honey Moisturizer is the best moisturiser for dry skin. This amazing skin-nourishing product works actively to correct the skin’s natural moisture balance. Honey ensures long-lasting hydration and conditions the skin, making it feel soft all day long. Simply cleanse your face and neck and apply this moisturiser gently in an upward direction to relish the suppleness it renders.
Prominent Features of the VLCC Honey Moisturizer:
- This face moisturiser for men contains essential oils of jojoba, almond and olive, allowing the skin to feel refreshed
- Infused with Vitamins A, B, & D that reduces skin damage and fights free radicals for healthy and glowing skin
- It is a non-greasy formula that goes deep into the skin without clogging the pores or causing breakouts
- Nourishes and rejuvenates the skin
- Makes the skin soft and supple
- Removes excessive oil
- Maintains natural moisture balance
- Not suitable for oily skin type
Why We Picked the VLCC Honey Moisturizer?
VLCC Honey Moisturizer is the perfect addition to your skincare regimen as it comprises essential ingredients like honey for imparting intense nourishment to the skin, shea butter for smooth and supple skin, and fenugreek extract for brightening the complexion.
5. Pond’s Men Oil Control Moisturizer
Pond’s Men Oil Control Moisturizer is one of the best moisturisers for oily skin and makes an ideal choice for reducing the appearance of pores on the face. This face cream does not clog the pores and provides smooth and silky skin with no excess oil or extreme dryness. This skincare product also renders an even-toned complexion on regular application and brings a healthy, clear glow to the face.
Prominent Features of the Pond’s Men Oil Control Moisturizer:
- Enriched with vitamin B3+, it effectively reduces dark spots and evens out the skin complexion
- It is a natural formula that controls excess oil and reduces pimples while fixing dull and oily skin
- This moisturiser comes in four different variants that are specially curated for men’s skin
- Gets absorbed easily
- Eliminates dark spots
- Controls excess oil
- Reduces acne
- It might cause dryness if you don’t have too oily skin
Why We Picked the Pond’s Men Oil Control Fairness Moisturizer?
Pond’s Men Oil Control Fairness Moisturizer is thoughtfully designed for the purpose of reducing dark spots. It allows the skin to glow naturally. One of the best moisturising creams, this cosmetic comprises active ingredients that get easily absorbed into the skin. Using this non-oily, non-sticky, matte-fresh cream, you can step out fearlessly and confidently.
6. Nivea Men Dark Spot Reduction Moisturiser
Nivea is a leader in making men’s skincare and grooming products. Nivea men’s dark spot moisturiser gives you multiple benefits like dark spot reduction along with the benefit of SPF 30. The moisturiser has a light texture and gets inside the layers of the skin nicely. It prevents dryness without making skin look dull and oily. If you are looking for one of the best creams, this is the one for you. Suitable for all skin types, it is definitely a great pick.
Prominent Features of the :
- It is a non-greasy, extra-lightweight cream that gets absorbed quickly and leaves the skin looking soft, smooth, supple
- Contains Licorice Extracts that hydrate the skin deeply and prevent dryness while removing excess oil
- It is a dermatologically approved product that is specially designed to suit men’s skin and is available in three different variants
- Good Packaging
- It suits all skin types
- Prevents acne and breakouts
- No visible skin brightening
7. Natio For Men Firming Face Moisturiser
For men who are looking for a product having SPF higher than 15, Natio For Men Firming Face Moisturiser is the one for you. It has SPF 30 and is made with pure aromatic and essential oils that moisturise and tone the skin. It reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and offers a healthy glow. Perfect for all skin types, it is specially formulated for men with age above 35 years. So, try this and enjoy the results.
Prominent Features of the Natio For Men Firming Face Moisturiser:
- Powerful antioxidant vitamins and plant extracts slow visible signs of ageing and wrinkles
- Infused with Vitamin A and E that offers firm, relaxed and healthy-looking skin
- It has a thick creamy consistency and comes in two different sizes: 100g and 50 ml
- It has broad-spectrum sun protection
- Very lightweight
- Leaves no white cast
- Contains vitamin E, which may not suit oily skin
8. Garnier Men Power White Fairness Moisturiser
Garnier Men Power White Fairness Moisturiser is one of the best moisturisers that offer excellent fairness performance. It is enriched with a lemon extract that helps in removing dark dead cells and offers smooth skin immediately. Also, the cream is infused with anti-pigmenting Long Dan, which reduces the production of skin-darkening melanin. Apart from this, its SPF 15 is beneficial in reducing and shielding the skin from sun damage.
Prominent Features of the Men Power White Fairness Moisturiser:
- Regular application keeps skin healthy and soft and protects it from harmful UV rays and sun damages
- Lemon extracts reduce dark spots, fix uneven skin tone, and focus on cell repair for a fresh and glowing look
- This moisturiser guarantees immediate visible results, i.e. 2 tones, fairer skin in just 4 weeks
- Travel-friendly packaging
- Adds glow but no greasiness
- Hydrates the skin
- It blends fast with gentle massaging
- Not very suitable for oily skin
Check out: Offers from All Garnier Products.
9. L’Oreal Paris Men Expert White Activ Whitening Moisturing Fluid
This L’Oreal moisturiser is a fluid cream that gives moisturisation plus sun protection to the men’s face. It has an active defence system with powerful soothing active ingredients that strengthen the skin’s natural resistance against environmental damage and pollutants. Also, with SPF 20, it is safe to use before stepping out as it provides excellent protection from the sun. Apply this moisturiser and enjoy a long-lasting fresh look.
Prominent Features of the L’Oreal Paris White Activ Moisturing Fluid:
- Contains active ingredients along with vitamin C that regulates the production of melanin and offers a brighter look
- It has a fluid texture that is non-greasy, non-sticky and penetrates deep into the skin while keeping it moisturised for long
- With Active Defense System, it soothes any irritation caused by razor burns and leaves your skin feeling silky smooth
- Good moisturising effect
- Great absorption
- Attractive packaging
- No stretchy feeling
- The brightening effect is only temporary
- Your skin might get a bit oily after application
10. Olay Day Cream White Radiance Moisturiser
Olay Day Cream White Radiance Moisturiser is made with whitening actives that brighten the skin and fade all the dark spots. Along with skin whitening, it also offers SPF 24 protection that safeguards the skin from UVA/UVB rays and offers fairer skin for longer. It also consists of Vitamin B3, Pro-Vitamin B5, and Hesperidin and is suitable for men of all skin types. Get your hands on this cream and enjoy pearl-like radiance in just 4 weeks. Olay Day Cream White Radiance Moisturiser
Prominent Features of the Olay Day Cream White Radiance Moisturiser:
- This luxurious moisturiser has a pearlescent luminosity that fixes uneven skin tone and minimises the look of dark spots
- Contains tone-correcting vitamins that penetrate deep into the skin’s surface and renew and boost the natural glow
- Formulated with Pearl Optics Technology that offers intensive hydration and restores a youthful glow while providing a 3D effect
- Brightens up face
- Reduces dark spots
- It nourishes the skin well
- It is not fragrance-free
- Contains chemicals
11. Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturiser
This product from Neutrogena is an oil-free concoction that is for everyone, but men with oily skin will find it more useful during summers. It has an oil-free, quick-absorbing formula that avoids the extra shine and eliminates excess oil. Along with providing all-day moisturisation, it protects the skin and provides excellent skin protection with SPF 15. It is non-comedogenic and does not clog pores or break out skin.
Prominent Features of the Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturiser:
- It is an oil-free, gentle formula with no artificial fragrance or dyes and gets absorbed quickly into the skin
- This moisturiser is dermatologist tested for different allergies and is safe for daily usage
- Comes in beautiful white packaging with the pump on the top for easy usage and mess-free application
- It provides a matte finish
- Easily available
- Gets absorbed quickly
- 12-hour moisturisation
- Claims to be fragrance-free, but it does have a mild fragrance
12. Nivea Men Oil Control Moisturiser
Nivea Men Oil Control Moisturiser is the right pick for men wanting fairness along with sun protection. It is 10 times more powerful moisturiser that controls excess oil and keeps the skin nourished without making it look or feel greasy. This ultra-light formula also comes with outstanding sun protection that safeguards the skin from the darkening effects of sun rays. Without a doubt, it is an ideal choice for everyday use for men of all skin types.
Prominent Features of the Nivea Men Oil Control Moisturiser:
- Contain 10 nutrients, including Whitanat, that helps in repairing dull and damaged skin while controlling oiliness
- It is an effective, fast-absorbing formula that offers 10 times better results in repairing dull and damaged skin
- This moisturiser is dermatologically approved and is effective in controlling acne-causing bacteria up to 99%
- Controls oiliness all day long
- Effectively whitens the skin
- Repairs dull and damaged skin
- Controls acne-causing bacteria
- Freshness does not last long
- Little expensive as compared to other moisturisers
13. Biotique Bio Carrot Ultra Soothing Face Lotion
Men with dry faces can use such face moisturiser, which acts as a sun protector and moisturiser as well. It heals the men’s dry skin with pure carrot oil and keeps it soft, fair and moisturised. Also, with its broad spectrum SPF 40, it protects the skin from UVA/UVB rays without the need for regular application. Beyond this, this moisturiser is extremely water resistant and retains its SPF and sun protection qualities for up to 80 minutes in the water.
Prominent Features of the Biotique Bio Carrot Ultra Soothing Face Lotion:
- Packed with the goodness of carrot seed extract, lodhra bark, quince seed and aloe vera, it keeps skin soft and moisturised
- It is a lightweight, non-greasy formula that keeps the skin purified and protected and has excellent healing and healthy properties
- Contains Lodhra as one of the key ingredients which nourish the skin and help in dealing with acne and wrinkles
- Travel-friendly packaging
- Doesn’t leave a white cast
- Doesn’t irritates the skin
- Suitable for all skin types
- It does not have a pleasant fragrance
14. Kaya Men Whitening Moisturiser
Kaya Men Whitening Moisturiser is a unique blend of potent whitening actives that give skin whitening that improves the skin texture and offers notably lighter and brighter skin. Also, it has the antioxidant Vitamin C, which works the best in fighting radicals. To ensure safety, this moisturiser is dermatological tested and is safe for all skin types. So, men with sensitive skin and combination skin too can try this moisturiser.
Prominent Features of the Kaya Men Whitening Moisturiser:
- It is a 3-in-1 formula that provides sun protection, tackles pigmentation problems, and adequately moisturises the skin
- Comes in a tube packaging that is travel-friendly and ensures hassle-free and mess-free application
- Provides excellent sun protection with SPF 15 and helps in eliminating dark spots
- Lightens the dark spots and marks
- Spreads evenly on the skin
- It is a light-textured cream
- It can be used as a make-up base
- Very expensive
- The smell isn’t pleasant
15. Lab Series Daily Moisture Defense Lotion
Lab Series Daily Moisture Defense Lotion is a lightweight face lotion infused with protective antioxidants and UVA/UVB sunscreens. It is an advanced hydrating formula that keeps skin moisturised all day long and helps in improving the signs of ageing and smoothing skin texture. It continuously hydrates, smoothes and reconditions skin and keeps its natural glow intact. Whether you are a normal, dry or oily skin type, you must try this cream.
Prominent Features of the Lab Series Daily Moisture Defense Lotion:
- It is an oil-free formula that controls shine and offers refreshing hydration all day long
- This moisturiser is fragrance-free and has no added chemicals, which makes it safe for all skin types
- It offers solar-activated protection that safeguards the skin against sun, smoking, and pollution
- Suitable for all skin types
- Fragrance-free moisturiser
- Contains cell-communicating ingredients
- Skin gets sufficient sun protection
In addition to this we would also like you to check our latest blog where we have mentioned some of the best facial kits for men in India. Do have a look and let us know if you find it helpful.
To maintain healthy skin, moisturisers play an important role. They prevent the skin from looking dry and dull and keep it hydrated for long hours. Just like women, moisturisers are also essential for men and should be used regularly. From the above-mentioned list of best moisturisers for men in India, our favourites are Oriflame, Nivea, and Ponds. While these are our top picks, let us know which one grabbed your attention and suits you the best.
What are the best moisturisers for men?
All the moisturisers listed above are extremely effective in providing the best skincare for men. You can pick any one of them depending upon your skin type and requirement. Natio For Men SPF 30+ Face Moisturizer, Garnier Men Power White Cream, and Nivea Whitening 10X Moisturizer are some of the top choices.
Should men moisturise their skin?
Yes, it is extremely important for men to keep their skin moisturised. Since men have tough skin, moisturisers help them retain the elasticity and suppleness of their skin. Using a good quality moisturiser for men is just as crucial for maintaining healthy skin.
What is the best moisturiser for men with oily skin?
Pond’s Men Oil Control Fairness Moisturizer, Nivea Whitening 10X Moisturizer, and Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer SPF 15 are some of the best lotions for men with oily skin.
What is the most effective moisturiser?
The moisturisers and face whitening creams for men listed above are bound to work wonders on the skin. They are infused with the goodness of natural ingredients and thus help bring the best results for the skin. Biotique Bio Carrot Lotion, Oriflame North For Men Moisturizing Fairness Cream SPF 18, and Pond’s Men Oil Control Fairness Moisturizer are some of the best moisturising products. For best results, pick a moisturiser as per your skin type.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
CashKaro has a team of professionals who explore numerous brands and products on different factors to bring you the best options available online. For this best moisturiser for men blog, we have evaluated products on the basis of their ingredients, sun protection, price, packaging, etc. We hope you find this list helpful in reaching an educated decision.