In our lives, none of us would expect to ride such a roller coaster. However, the anecdote highlights a basic truth: it’s not about how much money you earn, but how much money you maintain. Saving money may seem to be against human nature. It’s also difficult to sacrifice immediate gratification in favour of long-term objectives. As a result, not everyone is a multimillionaire.
So, here is a collection of money quotes to motivate you to save more money and spend wisely. Use them as money affirmations or write them down in your money bullet journal spread. Good luck with your savings!
- “The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back into your pocket.” (Will Rogers)
- “It’s not your salary that makes you rich, it’s your spending habits.” (Charles A. Jaffe)
- “He who buys what he does not need steals from himself.” (Swedish Proverb)
- “A simple fact that is hard to learn is that the time to save money is when you have some.” (Joe Moore)
- “Money is like love; it kills slowly and painfully the one who withholds it and enlivens the other who turns it on his fellow man.” (Kahlil Gibran)
- “The habit of saving is itself an education; it fosters every virtue, teaches self-denial, cultivates the sense of order, trains to forethought, and so broadens the mind.” (T.T. Munger)
- “Budgeting isn’t about limiting yourself – it’s about making the things that excite you” (TFD)
- “Do not save what is left after spending, but spend what is left after saving.” (Warren Buffet)
According to this quote by Warren, we must prioritize saving money as much as possible rather than spending it. We must spend what is left after saving rather than saving money after spending all of it.
- “The art is not in making money, but in keeping it.” (Ancient Proverb)
- “Money does not dictate your lifestyle, it’s what you do to get it and how you manage your finances that determines your lifestyle.” (Wayne Chirisa)
- “If you would be wealthy, think of saving as well as getting.” (Ben Franklin)
- “The goal isn’t more money. The goal is living your life on your own terms.” (Chris Brogan)
- “Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.” (Ayn Rand)
- “Don’t tell me what you value, show me your budget, and I’ll tell you what you value.” (Joe Biden)
- “Save for retirement. Start from your first paycheck.” (Chanda Kaushik)
- If you wish to get rich, save what you can get. A fool can earn money, but it takes a wise man to save and dispose of it to his own advantage.” (Brigham Young)
- “You must gain control over your money, or the lack of it will forever control you.” (Dave Ramsey)
According to this quote by Ramsey, we must have complete control over the money we save or spend. If we are unable to have control of our spending, the lack of money will forever be an issue.
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” (Oprah Winfrey)
- “Wealth is not about having a lot of money; it’s about having a lot of options.” (Chris Rock)
- “Don’t think of saving money as a punishment. Think of saving money as a lifestyle change and a means to freedom.” (Emily G. Stroud)
Wise Money Saving Quotes
People have had feelings and attitudes regarding money for as long as it has existed. While not everyone will agree on the best methods to earn, save, and spend money, many knowledgeable individuals have shared their perspectives on the subject throughout the years. Here are a few money-saving statements that speak to us, whether they were stated lately or hundreds of years ago.
- If saving money is wrong, I don’t want to be right! (William Shatner)
- Try to save something while your salary is small; it’s impossible to save after you begin to earn more. (Jack Benny)
- Saving money isn’t about being able to buy bigger and better things. It’s about being arranged to take care of your family.
- Grow it. Build it. Save it.
According to this quote, we must grow our money and learn to save it. In order to be successful in life, saving money is essential.
- Work until you no longer have to introduce yourself.
- You can make a million excuses or you can make a million dollars.
- It is critical that kids start to learn the value of money, short-term, and long-term savings, and budgeting at an early age.
- Money does not change people, it unmasks them.
- A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went. (Dave Ramsey)
- A wise man should have money in his head, but not in his heart. (Jonathan Swift)
- If you want to know what a man is really like, take notice of how he acts when he loses money. (Simone Weil)
According to this quote by Simone, money tells a lot about a person’s character. If you want to know how a person is in reality, keep an eye on how he reacts when he loses his money.
- What’s money? A man is successful if he gets up in the morning, goes to bed at night, and does what he wants to do in between. (Bob Dylan)
- Money is always there but the pockets change; it is not in the same pockets after a change, and that is all there is to say about money. (Gertrude Stein)
- The lack of money is the root of all evil. (Mark Twain)
- The hardest thing to understand in the world is the income tax. (Albert Einstein)
- Never confuse the size of your paycheck with the size of your talent. (Marlon Brando)
- The safe way to double your money is to fold it over once and put it in your pocket. (Kin Hubbard)
- No one’s ever achieved financial fitness with a January resolution that’s abandoned by February. (Suze Orman)
According to this quote by Orman, in order to be successful in life, one needs to persevere. If you have your goals set, you must do everything in your power to achieve them.
- Financial peace isn’t the acquisition of stuff. It’s learning to live on less than you make, so you can give money back and have money to invest. You can’t win until you do this. (Herman Cain)
- Money makes your life easier. If you’re lucky to have it, you’re lucky. (Al Pacino)
- We go to school to learn to work hard for money. I write books and create products that teach people how to have money and work hard for them. (Robert Kiyosaki)
- It’s not how much money you make, but how much money you keep, how hard it works for you, and how many generations you keep it for. (Robert Kiyosaki)
- Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons. (Woody Allen)
- It is not the creation of wealth that is wrong, but the love of money for its own sake. (Margaret Thatcher)
- All riches have their origin in mind. Wealth is in ideas – not money. (Robert Collier)
- The rich don’t work for money. They make money work for them (Robert Kiyosaki)
- Rich people have small TVs and big libraries, and poor people have small libraries and big TVs. (Zig Ziglar)
According to this quote, those who are rich and successful in life, focus more on gaining knowledge rather than entertainment. On the other hand, people without aspirations focus more on enjoying life rather than learning more about it.
- A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain. (Robert Frost)
- A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can improve that you don’t need it. (Bob Hope)
- Banks have a new image. Now you have “a friend,” your friendly banker. If the banks are so friendly, how come they chain down the pens? (Alan King)
- If you owe the bank $100, that’s your problem. If you owe the bank $100 million, that’s the bank’s problem. (JP Getty)
- It’s easy to meet expenses – everywhere we go, there they are. (Anonymous)
- Many people take no care of their money till they come nearly to the end of it, and others do just the same with their time. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- A simple fact that is hard to learn is that the time to save money is when you have some. (Joe Moore)
- A penny saved is a penny earned. (Benjamin Franklin)
This quote by Benjamin Franklin is used to denote the importance of saving money. It is just as important to save the money you currently have as it is to make more.
- Waste your money and you’re only out of money, but waste your time and you’ve lost a part of your life. (Michael LeBoeuf)
- The money you lose you can always make back. But even five minutes of time lost is gone forever. (James Altucher)
- Being rich is having money; being wealthy is having time. (Margaret Bonnand)
- A good reputation is more valuable than money. (Publilius Syrus)
- Money? I lost all taste for it. (Taylor Caldwell)
- If you can count your money, you don’t have a billion dollars. (J. Paul Getty)
- If you can count your money, you better work harder. (Unknown)
- Money will buy a pretty good dog, but it won’t buy the wag of his tail. (Josh Billings)
- Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver. (Ayn Rand)
- It doesn’t matter about money; having it, not having it. Or having clothes, or not having them. You’re still left alone with yourself in the end. (Billy Idol)
- Money cannot buy peace of mind. It cannot heal ruptured relationships, or build meaning into a life that has one. (Richard M. Devos)
- A little thought and a little kindness are often worth more than a great deal of money. (John Ruskin)
According to this quote by John Ruskin, kindness is worth more than being rich. If you are rich in your heart and soul, it is much superior to being rich with money.
- The glow of one warm thought is to be worth more than money. (Thomas Jefferson)
- Money is a tool. Used properly it makes something beautiful; used wrong, it makes a mess! (Bradley Vinson)
- Money can’t buy love, but it improves your bargaining position. (Christopher Marlowe)
- When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)
- An important lever for sustained action in tackling poverty and reducing hunger is money. (Gro Harlem Brundtland)
- Life is a game. Money is how we keep score. (Ted Turner)
- Become so financially secure that you forget it’s payday. (Unknown)
- You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. (Martin Luther King, Jr.)
Short Quotes About Saving Money
If you’re looking for motivation to save, we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite short quotes to help you “keep your eyes on the goal.” The proper phrase may help you concentrate on your current and long-term financial objectives, whether you put a post-it note on the fridge, maintain a picture in your daily planner, or go all out with a visualization board.
- Boys, not girlfriends, earn money.
- If you can’t earn money in bed, don’t remain in bed.
- You don’t have a billion bucks if you can count your money.
- 1st lesson The wealthy do not labor for a living.
- Love isn’t my thing; I’d rather have money than honey.
- Make enough money to re-purchase your EX.
- Make your own money so a guy can only give you loyalty.
- You can’t buy friends with money, but you can purchase a higher class of foes with it.
- Money is in the air; all I have to do is breathe and take it in.
- Money is like Dettol in that it eliminates 99 percent of problems.
- Even if money can’t buy happiness, I’d rather weep in a Jaguar than on a bus.
- Don’t go broke trying to look rich.
According to this quote, we must be careful in the ways we spend our money. Spending money mindlessly on things that make us look rich will ultimately make us go broke.
- One day, I won’t have to consider pricing “TWICE” as much.
- The first rule is to never lose money. Rule No. 2: Never forget rule No. 1.
- Money can sometimes buy beauty.
- When others are looking for a wealthy spouse, concentrate on becoming a wealthy wife.
- Money should be kept in the intellect, not the heart, of a sensible man.
- If you mistake the size and talent of your salary with the amount of your paycheck, you will be ruled by your money for the rest of your life.
- You don’t have a billion bucks if you can count your money.
- I don’t want to be correct if saving money is wrong.
- When I was younger, the first thing that sprang to me was money.
It’s only now that I’m older than I understand it’s true.
- Get to the point where you’re so financially comfortable that you don’t even notice it’s payday.
According to this quote, we must work towards living a financially comfortable life. We must work hard to get to a place where we do not have to worry about our payday.
- Save money and money will save you.
- While many individuals overlook their money until it is almost depleted, others prioritize their time.
- A woman’s greatest defense is her own money.
It never hurts to start putting money aside so that you may have more financial freedom in your life. To keep on track and inspired, read these motivational quotations about saving money. You may also share these quotes from CashKaro with your friends and family to inspire them to save money as well.