Everyone loves rain until they’re drenched in it when running late for work or, perhaps, for the biggest interview of their life. Getting drenched in the rain can be very inconvenient for people who have to get important chores done, and this is where raincoats come into the picture. A good quality raincoat can protect you from getting soaked in the rain without having to miss the pleasant weather. If you love rain but don’t like getting your clothes all wet, here are some of the best raincoat brands in India that will keep you protected.
|Our Top Picks||Best Prices on Amazon|
How Do We Choose the Best Raincoats for You?
Monsoons are an amazing experience but can be super messy at the same time. Nobody likes to show up to work all drenched and dirty, and this is why raincoats are an essential need today. In India, you can buy good quality raincoats ranging from Rs 800 to Rs 9,999, depending on your budget and need. Here are some common factors that we took care of before curating this list of the best raincoats for you.
The most common materials used to make raincoats are polyester and nylon. Both of them are lightweight, breathable, comfortable, and protect you from inclement weather. A lot of brands make moisture-wicking raincoats to ensure that you stay dry even during heavy rainfall.
A good raincoat will neither be too loose nor too tight. Go for the perfect size, or else you may end up getting drenched in the rain. Find coats with ribbed cuffs, hoods, and customizable fastening to make sure you’re comfortable and protected at the same time.
List of Top 15 Raincoat Brands in India
On this page:
- 1. Wildcraft
- 2. Adidas
- 3. Nike
- 4. Puma
- 5. Decathlon
- 6. Columbia
- 7. New Era
- 8. Zacharias
- 9. Goodluck
- 10. Duckback
- 11. Real
- 12. Rexburg
- 13. Sports52
- 14. Zeel
- 15. Versalis
- Which brands make the best raincoat for men in India?
- How much does a raincoat cost in India?
- Which is the best quality raincoat brand in India?
- 4. Which raincoat is best for heavy rain?
- How do I choose a raincoat?
Wildcraft has become a truly sensational brand in India with its top-notch products. The brand was founded in the year 1998 by Siddharth Sood and Gaurav Dublish. It gained traction with the release of its dome tent and slowly ventured into jackets, sportswear, bags, and more. Today, Wildcraft supplies its products in over 4,000 stores and has 200+ separate outlets in the country.
Prominent Features of the Wildcraft Rain Jacket:
- This rain jacket by Wildcraft is as stylish as its functional
- Made with polyester and nylon lamination, this jacket protects you fully from rain or windy weather conditions
- You also get an attached hoodie with a drawstring to tighten it at your convenience
- Since it has velcro pockets, you can easily keep your belongings safe even in heavy rains
- Has elasticated hem and cuffs for full-proof protection
- Features a breathable fabric of up to 3000mvp and waterproofing of 5000mm
- Nylon ripstop fabric offers full-proof protection
- Has a hoodie to cover your head
- Mesh lining makes it super comfortable to wear
Why We Picked the Wildcraft Rain Jacket?
Wildcraft has been known to make top-notch bags and raincoats that offer full-proof protection from inclement weather. It features a soft mesh lining that keeps you dry and comfortable at all times. On top of that, the overall design, colour scheme, and stitching are top-class, so you can flaunt it without any doubt!
Adidas is one of the best sportswear brands in the world. It was founded in the year 1924 by Adolf Dassler, and its headquarters are located in Herzogenaurach, Germany. Over the years, Adidas has become one of the largest selling brands in Europe and enjoys fandom from several eminent sports personalities from across the globe.
Prominent Features of the Adidas Golf Climastorm Essential Packable Rain Jacket:
- It is made with polyester that offers protection from rain and stormy weather
- Its properly sealed seams do not let any moisture seep inside and keep you dry all the time.
- Apart from protecting you, this jacket also features two different colour tones that create a sporty and stylish look
- Has waterproof zippers and cuffs with velcro closures
- Climaproof fabric offers protection from wind and rains
- Back ventilation to keep moisture away
- Stretchable fabric
- May run a size larger
Why We Picked the Adidas Golf Climastorm Essential Packable Rain Jacket:
The Adidas Climastorm Rain Jacket is your best friend for the next time you head out on a rainy day. It’s made with high-quality polyester that prevents any water from seeping in. It also has articulated cuffs with a velcro closure so you can get a customisable fit on the go.
When we think of rain jackets and activewear, Nike is one of the first names that comes to mind. This American multinational company is the largest seller of sportswear in the world. It was launched in 1964 by Bill Bowerman and Phil Knight and quickly gained pace to become a giant in the sports sector. From the best football players to new workout enthusiasts, everyone adores Nike’s products. The brand makes shoes, bags, rain jackets, accessories, and much more.You may also like to check the list Of full sleeve t-shirts.
Prominent Features of the Nike Repel Jacket:
- It is designed with Dri-FIT technology to keep you dry and comfortable in light rain conditions
- The polyester fabric repels moisture and is super lightweight as well
- It has mesh lining in the pockets so that you can carry your essentials easily
- The simple yet classic design looks really stylish as well
- Lightweight yet protective fabric
- Has side pockets with mesh lining
- Shoulder piping looks stylish
- May run a size smaller
Why We Picked the Nike Repel Jacket?
One of the best rain jackets on the market, the Nike Repel features a Dri-FIT technology that keeps you dry in the rain and prevents sweat accumulation. It’s made with polyester that’s lightweight and comfortable so that you can wear it for long hours.
Puma is one of the most esteemed sports brands in the world. With massive turnover each year, Puma has been acing the charts when it comes to sports accessories and clothing. It was initially founded by Rudolf Dassler and Adolf Dassler (owner of Adidas) but later split into two separate entities. The company is based in Herzogenaurach, Germany and smoothly operates across the globe with several outlets and multi-brand stores.
Prominent Features of the Puma Rain Jacket
- This rain jacket by Puma is crafted with high-quality polyester
- Has a nylon lining to keep you fresh and comfortable
- It comes with an attachable hoodie to keep your ears and head protected from rough weather
- You can easily wash it with your regular clothes in a washing machine, so it requires little to no maintenance
- Has thermoregulation technology that manages moisture efficiently, keeping you dry and fresh
- Has underarm ventilation zips
- Zippered pockets to protect your belongings
- Reflective logo for night vision
- A bit pricey
Why We Picked the Puma Rain Jacket?
This premium quality rain jacket by Puma is made for ultimate weather protection. It’s very stylish and functional, protecting you from heavy rains and winds. The jacket features a reflective logo that shines in the dark and looks pretty cool.
Launched in 1976, Decathlon is one of the finest sportswear brands in India. This French company was founded by Michel Leclercq and had its headquarters in Villeneuve d’Ascq, France. Several Indian sportspeople and fitness enthusiasts rely on decathlon products. The brand also creates top-quality wind-cheaters and rain jackets that you must check out.
Prominent Features of the Decathlon Rain Poncho:
- This rain poncho by Decathlon is one of its best sellers
- The poncho is made with waterproof EVA material and has tapered seams that prevent any moisture from seeping inside
- It is super lightweight and comfortable to put on
- You can easily fold it in a compact form and store it in the bag that comes with it
- 100% waterproof material
- EVA material doesn’t tear or get damaged easily
- The compact poncho is lightweight and easy to carry
- May not be available on other retail websites
Why We Picked the Decathlon Poncho?
Made with the best quality EVA material, this poncho will save you from heavy rains and windy days. It features a simple stud closure that allows you to wear it very easily. The poncho also comes with a hoodie to protect your head.
Founded in 1938, Columbia is one of the leading apparel companies in the US. It has slowly made its way to the Indian market as well and gained numerous loyal customers here. Columbia is popular for its top-grade sportswear and shoes that are highly durable and made with high-quality material. If you love sporty looks, you will find a lot for yourself under this brand.
Prominent Features of the Columbia Men’s Jacket:
- It is one of the best rain jackets from the brand
- It is designed with Omni-tech technology which has multi-layers of membranes inside to make this jacket waterproof
- The jacket is made with a lightweight and breathable fabric so that you can relax while enjoying the rain
- The material has quick-wick properties, which will help in the easy emission of moisture
- Omni-Tech technology helps in enhanced airflow without letting any moisture in
- Ultra-lightweight jacket
- Sporty Columbia branding logo on chest
- Zipper may be a little weak, use with caution
Why We Picked the Columbia Men’s Jacket?
Columbia’s Omni-Tech Jacket is ideal for tackling adverse weather conditions with ease. It offers maximum protection from rainfall and strong winds, no matter where you are. It’s also very lightweight so you can pack and carry it wherever you go.
7. New Era
New Era has been making revolutionary rain jackets that are super light in weight and highly comfortable for everyone. You can easily find the brand online on websites such as Amazon and find something suitable for you.
Prominent Feature of the New Era Rain Coat:
- This synthetic raincoat by New Era features Spark Dry Technology for efficient moisture management
- It has properly sealed seams that do not allow water to enter your jacket
- The adjustable drawcord doesn’t offer you a snug and customized fit for superior comfort
- Here, you can also check the list of best men’s jeans brands in India
- 100% waterproof and windproof
- Has a DWR finish
- Drawcord offers a customizable fit
- Quality might not be that great
Why We Picked the New Era RainCoat?
This lightweight raincoat by New Era features top-class Sparkdry Technology for ultimate moisture management. The stitch-free seams give it a nice and smooth finish. Its lightweight fabric will keep you comfortable all day long.
Zacharias is a highly preferred choice when it comes to rain jackets in India. The brand makes exceptional quality clothing that is highly comfortable and functional. You can also find a wide variety of colours and styles under this brand at very affordable prices.
Prominent Features of the Zacharias Rain Coat:
- This Nylon Rain Coat is a full set of rain-protectant with trousers as well
- It’s made with highly durable and lightweight nylon that keeps you dry and comfortable
- Since it comes with a cover, you can easily dry your raincoat and store it inside
- Lightweight semi-nylon material
- Durable Water Repellent finish
- Comes with a cap and cover
- Bad quality stitching
Goodluck is a brand that mainly deals in Rainwear and is one of the top manufacturers of weather-resistant clothing in India. You can find a plethora of different raincoat options under this brand that is highly durable and made with top-quality material.
Prominent Features of the Goodluck Women’s Raincoat:
- Crafted with top-grade nylon that resists any moisture
- It is a midi-length coat so you can easily stay protected without having to worry about ruining your clothes
- It comes with two pockets and attractive colour options to look stylish all the time
- The raincoat is also very easy to maintain
- Made with lightweight and durable PVC
- Comes with a free pouch to carry it easily
- Has a hooded neckline
- Might not be the most comfortable option for summers
Duckback is a name that every Indian has heard of at least once in their lives. It was founded in the year 1920 by Surendra Mohan Bose and is a top producer of rain boots and coats in the country. You can find rubber boots and high-quality raincoats under Duckback.
Prominent Features of the Duckback Raincoat:
- This amazing raincoat by Duckback is crafted with lightweight and comfortable polyester
- The DWR finish overall completely resists moisture and light staining
- It is also fully sealed to prevent any unwanted seeping
- The clap closure offers a snug and convenient fit
- Inner PVC lining
- 100% water repellent
- Premium quality material
- Colour may vary
Real Rainwear is one of the finest and most established rainwear brands in India. Founded in 1979, the brand has made a name for itself with its top-quality products. The company has its headquarters in Mumbai and operates well with its offline and online stores across India. You can find umbrellas and raincoats for people of all age groups in this brand.
Prominent Features of the real Rain Coat:
- This raincoat by Real is made with comfortable cotton blend fabric and has a zipper and snap closure
- It is super functional with different pockets and fastens easily to protect you from inclement weather conditions
- The drawstring hoodie is also very convenient to safeguard your head from cold weather
Rexburg is counted among the top raincoat brands in India, and you must check out its products. The brand has an active presence online, and you will easily be able to find its products on e-commerce sites such as Amazon.
Prominent Features of the Rexburg Raincoat:
- Rain Suit by Rexburg is a reversible jacket that gives you dual styling options
- It is made with polyester fabric which is treated with a DWR finish to keep moisture at bay
- It is super light in weight and has semi-sealed protection that allows you to breathe and prevents you from getting soaked in the rain
- Made with polyester fabric
- Has DWR finish
- Lightweight and durable material
- Easy to wash
- Stitching quality might not be good
Sports52 is a leading sportswear and textile brand with a stellar customer base in the country. The brand also retails great quality rainwear products, which are top sellers in the market. If you’re looking for an affordable yet functional raincoat, look for it in Sports 52.
Prominent Features of the Sports52:
- This rain jacket is crafted with water-repellent synthetic material to keep you dry and fresh
- The zip closure with drawstrings on the cuffs ensures that no water can seep inside
- It also has zippered pockets to keep your belongings protected
- The combination of two colours adds a sporty vibe to this jacket as well
- Reversible jacket
- Lightweight synthetic material
- Easy to maintain
- Zipper might allow water to seep inside
Zeel was founded in the year 1995 by Dinesh Trivedi with the goal of making outerwear accessible to every India. Over the years, it has become one of the largest producers of raincoats in the country, with a loyal customer base. The brand has units in Maharastra and Rajasthan.
Prominent Features of the Zeel Raincoat:
- This raincoat by Zeel comes with a hood to keep you fully protected in inclement weather
- It’s made with nylon and has a rubberised coating on the cuffs to ensure that no moisture seeps through it
- Since it looks super stylish, you can pair it with your casual outfits as well during light rains or chilly weather
- Lightweight and durable nylon
- Heavy duty zippers
- 100% water resistance
- User complaints of water seeping in from zipper
Versalis has been topping the charts when it comes to superior quality rainwear in the country. It creates top-notch Duckback coats to safeguard you from rough weather and keep you comfortable all the time.
Prominent Features of the Versalis Men’s Rain Coat:
- This polyester suit raincoat has PVC coating on the inside to keep you dry and comfortable
- It has a zipper closure and zippered pockets for quick fastening and easily carrying your belongings
- The combination of red and black looks phenomenal and is perfect for a rainy day
- Has a hoodie for ultimate protection
- Reversible raincoat
- Quick button fastening
- The stitching and fit may not be the best
With monsoons approaching soon, raincoats have become a necessity. To make sure that you stay dry and comfortable during the rains, we have curated this new list of the best raincoats in India. We considered factors such as material, closure, fit, and finish to create a useful list for you. Our personal favorites are brands like Wildcraft, Nike, and Puma, let us know which ones you like the most.
Which brands make the best raincoat for men in India?
Wildcraft, Puma, Nike, Decathlon, and Columbia are some of the best raincoat brands in India. Their products are made with high-quality materials and are worth every penny you spend on them. These brands sell their raincoats online via Amazon and their official websites.
How much does a raincoat cost in India?
You can find raincoats starting from Rs 499 up to Rs 10,000 in India.
Which is the best quality raincoat brand in India?
Raincoats from Nike, Puma, Decathlon, and Wildcraft are made with premium quality material and are very reliable.
4. Which raincoat is best for heavy rain?
Raincoats that are designed with Polyester, Nylon, or Gore-Tex are ideal for heavy rain. Look for a well-fitted raincoat, as that will prevent the water from seeping in.
How do I choose a raincoat?
Look for a waterproof material or waterproof finish, such as DWR on the raincoat. You should also look for the right fit if the seams are sealed properly. It should also have a hood to protect your head and a lightweight and breathable material.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
We have a team of skilled researchers who understand what makes a certain product better than the rest in the market. In the raincoat blog, we considered several factors, such as fabric, stitch and seams, comfort, and breathability. Our goal is to ensure that we include only top-quality products on our lists to make your shopping more fun and easy for you.