Lip balms are a standard item in everyone’s bag. Whether it is summertime or winter, lip balms are effective all around the year and do not bleed. While regular lip balms keep the lips moisturised throughout the day, a tinted lip balm doubles up as lipstick and moisturiser because it imparts a healthy colour to the lips without putting in a lot of effort.
They are indeed a versatile product that can give you a much-needed facelift, even after a most tiring day. Here are some of the best-tinted lip balm brands that can prove to be a great add on to your makeup kit. Also check best Lip balm brands for dark lips & lip balm brands with vitamin e in India.
How To Choose the Best Tinted Lip Balms?
Tinted lip balms have become super popular for their usability and you must have at least one in your kits! Not only do they moisturise your lips but also add a lush tint to make them look fresh and plump. In India, you can get great quality lip balms ranging from Rs 140 to Rs 1,440. When buying a tinted lip balm, here are some factors that you must take care of beforehand.
The more natural the product, the better it would be for your skin. Always look for lip balms with herbal and natural ingredients such as cocoa butter, kokum butter, organic beeswax, and vitamins. Many brands use natural colourants to add tints to their lip balms and they are the ones you must try out. Lip skin is sensitive and needs protection, so look out for lip balms with SPF for efficient sun protection. If you have super chapped lips, you can go for very thick lip balms as they can also be used as lip masks at night. You must avoid products with parabens, chemicals, and sulphates.
When choosing a tinted lip balm, you must know your skin tone and undertone. People with cool undertones should go for blue/pink tints, while people with warmer undertones can go for coral and peachy tints.
|Our Top Picks||Best Prices on Amazon|
|Plum Goodness||Check Prices|
List Of 15 Best Tinted Lip Balm Brands in India
On this page:
- 1. Plum Goodness
- 2. Lakme
- 3. Burts Bees
- 4. Lotus Herbals
- 5. Kaumudi
- 6. Nivea
- 7. Maybelline New York
- 8. Avon
- 9. The Body Shop
- 10. VLCC
- 11. Biotique
- 12. Himalaya Herbal
- 13. Forest Essentials
- 14. Vaadi Herbals
- 15. Palladio Beauty
- 1. Which is the best coloured lip balm?
- 2. Which company lip balm is best?
- 3. What lip balm stays on the longest?
1. Plum Goodness
Plum Goodness’ products are a must-have essential in your everyday makeup kit if you’re looking for vegan makeup products. When it comes to tinted lip balms, it has several flavours, including red velvet, cocoa shea, strawberry, blueberry, rose and more.
Prominent Features of the Plum Candy Melts Lip Balm:
- This lip balm renders a nice tint to the lips and keeps lips moist for up to 2–3 hours
- It is infused with the goodness of carrot seed oil and cocoa butter that heal chapped lips and makes them plump
- Also has shea butter and olive oil for a beautiful sheen
- Helps protect your lips from damaging UV rays
- Comes in a mini jar and weighs 12 grams
- Ultimate hydration
- May feel too sticky or greasy
Why We Picked the Plum Candy Melts Lip Balm?
A thick and super hydrating lip balm that could literally moonlight as a lip mask. It not only works as a lip moisturiser but also as a primer that would make your lipsticks look much fresher and last longer. It is an FDA-approved product that’s truly safe for you.
Lakme is known for having the best collection of makeup products for teens and adults. Pick the Lakme Lip Love Gelato Chapstick, which provides 3-in-1 benefits, including smoothening, moisturising, and softening of the lips.
Prominent Features of the Lakme Lip Love Chapstick:
- The balm has an SPF 15 formula that protects your lips from harmful rays of the sun
- Subtle tint provides a rosy pigment with one quick swipe
- It moisturises lips for up to 22 hours, keeping dryness at bay
- This lip balm comes in several fragrant variants
- Comes in a retractable stick form to maintain hygiene
- Comes with SPF 15
- 22 hours nourishment
- Tinted balm
- May not be best for very dry lips
Why We Picked the Lakme Lip Love Chapstick?
This is a chapstick that works like magic to revive your dry and chapped lips. It comes with SPF 15 that powerfully fights any UV damage to keep your lips pink and plump. It also comes in multiple vibrant shades, so you’re only left spoilt for choices!
3. Burts Bees
Burt’s Bees is known for using naturally sourced ingredients in its products. Popular for its moisturising beeswax lip balm, it has several lip balms that leave pretty tints on the lips.
Prominent Features of the Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm:
- The lip balm leaves your lips moisturised and nourished for up to 8 hours in one go
- Replete with ingredients like coconut oil, vegetable oil, beeswax, fruit oil, shea butter and many more moisturising ingredients, this balm soothes dry lips and conditions them
- Has a beautiful tint that makes your lips look plump and dewy
- Comes in a retractable tube form
- Long-lasting moisturisation
- Easy to use lip balm
- Rosy tint
- A little pricey
Why We Picked the Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm?
Burt’s Bees is known for producing top-notch skincare and its lip balm is no exception. It is a cult favourite for its butter-like texture that glides and nourishes your lips in just one swipe. Since it is enriched with shea butter and botanical waxes, you will get the ultimate nourishment worth every penny you spend on this one!
4. Lotus Herbals
Lotus Herbals is known for having a range of herbal skin care and cosmetic products. It was founded in 1993 by Kamal Passi and has its head office in New Delhi. The brand amalgamated trusted Ayurvedic science with the latest technology to make top-class products for you!
Prominent Features of the Lotus Herbals Lip Lush Tinted Lip Balm:
- Enriched with kokum butter and shea butter that soothe and moisturise the lips
- The lip balm provides 8 hours of moisturisation
- Has SPF 20 that prevents sun exposure
- Comes in several juicy flavours
- Has a retractable container and the product weighs 4 grams
- Long-lasting nourishment
- Subtle tint
- Has SPF
- You may need to apply several coats to get the desired hydration
Why We Picked the Lotus Herbals Lip Lush Tinted Lip Balm?
This is an easy-on-the-pocket product that truly exceeds expectations in our opinion. It has a range of super interesting and fun flavours that you’d surely enjoy applying, whether it’s peak summer or winter. The addition of kokum and shea butter offers immense nourishment to treat dry and chapped lips.
Kaumudi has a range of handmade and natural skincare products with Ayurvedic ingredients. The brand is owned by Satwa Naturals and has head offices in Rajkot, Gujarat.
Prominent Features of the Kaumudi 3-in-1 Tinted Lip Balm:
- It has nourishing ingredients like beeswax, cocoa butter, almond oil, shea butter, ghee, coconut oil, and more
- Pick its cherry and rose-coloured balm that hydrates, moistures and provides lips with a lovely tint
- A 3-in-1 product can be used as a lip tint, cheek tint, and eye shadow
- Comes in 9 different shades
- Non-sticky sheer formula
- May not be extremely hydrating
Why We Picked the Kaumudi 3-in-1 Tinted Lip Balm?
A natural, Ayurvedic lip balm that’s made with shea butter and has a beautiful sheer tint! The pigments added to this product make your lips look plump and healthy all day long. You also get several different shades to choose from!
Nivea is one of the best brands out there, known for its moisturising products, and the tinted lip balm is no different. This German personal care and skincare brand has been ruling the Indian market for many years now.
Prominent Features of the Nivea 24h Melt-In Moisture Lip Balm:
- Offers 24-hour moisturisation to get smooth and plump lips
- Available in strawberry, cherry and various other flavours, these lip balms instantly add a hint of colour to your lips
- Its melt-in moisture formula glides smoothly on the lips and adds a subtle shine to them.
- Combined with natural oils to give intense hydration
- Has shimmery pigments for a subtle glow to your lips
- Has natural oils
- 24-hour nourishment
- Subtle sheen and pigment
- Some people may not like the glittery particles
Why We Picked the Nive 24h Melt-In Moisture Lip Balm?
Nivea never goes wrong with its skincare range and this lip balm is proof of that. It is enriched with natural oils that help hydrate your lips for up to 24 hours. So all you really need is one swipe for a day full of moisturisation. The tint is very subtle and has shimmery pigments, so your lips look full and lively.
7. Maybelline New York
Maybelline New York has captured the imagination of young makeup enthusiasts with exciting products that suit everyone. This American cosmetics brand was established in 1914 by Thomas Lyle Williams and is owned by L’Oreal today.
Prominent Features of the Maybelline New York Baby Lips Lip Balm:
- This product comes with a colour-changing formula
- Has a wide range of several fruity flavours.
- It has sun protection abilities, thanks to SPF 16
- The blend of jojoba oil and pro-vitamin E keeps lips hydrated all-day
- Weighs 1.7 grams
- Pleasant fragrance
- Colour-changing product
- The tint may be a bit too much for some people
Why We Picked the Maybelline New York Baby Lips Lip Balm?
Maybelline Baby Lips is a stunner and a cult favourite for people across the world even after years of its launch. This range has unique colour-changing properties that add a sheen and tinge to your lips without being too heavy. The SPF 16 offers protection from damaging UV rays so that your lips are pink and supple throughout the day!
Founded in 1886 by David H. McConnell, Avon is a leading cosmetics, skincare, and personal care company. This British brand has been a prominent name in the Indian market for decades. It makes affordable yet superb quality makeup and personal care products that you can easily buy online or from a store nearby.
Prominent Features of the Avon Naturals Lip Balm:
- It is a lightweight, creamy in texture lip balm that softens chapped lips instantly
- The flavours are classic and come in both tub and stick options
- It offers complete sun protection
- Weighs 4.5 grams
- Sun protection
- Multiple flavours
- Pigment may not be satisfactory
9. The Body Shop
The Body Shop is a hit amongst Indian skincare and makeup lovers. The brand was founded in 1976 by Anita Roddick and has headquarters in London, UK. Earlier owned by L’Oreal, the brand is now acquired by the Brazillian company Natura.
Prominent Features of The Body Shop’s Born Lippy:
- It can act as a great replacement for lipsticks due to its amazing pigment
- The range has several exciting flavours and fragrances
- Made with natural ingredients, these lip balms hydrate, smoothen, soften and nourish the lips while providing a hint of natural pinkish colour
- Comes in a mini jar and weighs 8.9 grams
- Sheer satin finish
- Beautiful rosy tint
- Travel-friendly packaging
- A bit pricey
VLCC was started by Vandana Luthra in 1959 as a brand that offered diet and weight management programs for women across India. It slowly expanded its business and is now a top contender in the skincare and beauty segment. The company operates from Gurgaon and has a solid customer base across the country today.
Prominent Features of the VLCC Lovable Lip Balm:
- Has natural oils and moisturisers that instantly smoothen the lips and take care of cracks
- Comes with SPF 15 for ultimate sun protection
- Enriched with jojoba oil, almond oil, and Vitamin E
- Give you a glossy shine
- Weighs 4.5 grams
- Has SPF
- Not very long-lasting
Biotique is a renowned Ayurvedic skincare, haircare, and makeup brand in India. It came into existence in 1992 and has been garnering a lot of attention for its affordable herbal products that actually work on your skin and hair. The company has its headquarters in Noida, UP.
Prominent Features of the Biotique Bio Tinted Lip Balm:
- It feels soft and lightweight in application
- You get instant relief from cracked and chapped lips
- They work just like lipsticks and, with repeated use, heal lips that are prone to getting chapped
- Also, help in making lips appear plumper and fuller
- Comes in a mini jar and weighs 12 grams
- Has plumping effects
- Works as a lip tint and a lipstick base
- Natural ingredients
- May not be as hydrating as other options on the market
12. Himalaya Herbal
Himalaya is known for its amazing products that are chemical-free and safe for you. This multinational pharma company was founded in 1930 by Muhammad Manal and has been the number one choice for millions in India.
Prominent Features of the Himalaya Shine Lip Care:
- Nourishing formula that leaves the lips supple after every application
- Imparts a lovely pinkish tint that makes you look glowy and fresh
- Has castor oil for ultimate hydration
- Contains natural colour
- Comes in 6 flavour variants
- Protection from UV rays
- Comes in both tube and stick form
- 100% natural
- The stick may break easily, use with caution
13. Forest Essentials
Forest Essentials is a luxury beauty, fragrance, and personal care brand that has become quite a hit in India. It was established by Mira Kulkarni in 2000 and picked up pace after partnering with luxe hotels across the country.
Prominent Features of the Forest Essentials Luscious Lip Balm:
- Has a unique blend of kokum butter, organic beeswax, and cocoa butter that nourishes your lips
- The tint stays on for hours, making your lips glow and impart a natural tone to your lips
- Also has rose petal extracts that soothe and heal your lips
- Weighs 4 grams
- Quantity may be a little less for the price
14. Vaadi Herbals
Vaadi Herbals was founded in 2004 and blends Ayurveda with modern science to make stunning skincare and personal care products. It has grown exponentially over the last decade and aims to expand even further with new product launches.
Prominent Features of the Vaadi Herbals Lip Balm:
- It is enriched with natural oils and prevents the lips from chapping
- They have a light and mild fragrance and a formula that is perfect for use by youngsters and the elderly
- The healthy tint from the balm is a great add on
- Also has Vitamin E which keeps skin protected from environmental damage
- Weighs 10 grams
- Has Vitamin E and almond oil
- May not have a good tint
15. Palladio Beauty
Palladio Beauty is a renowned beauty brand based out of Hollywood, California. The company makes cruelty-free products that are easily available in India through several online sites.
Prominent Features of the Palladio Beauty Tinted Lip Balm:
- Nourishing lip balm that heals dry and chapped lips quickly
- Available in various shades ranging from peach, pink and red
- They also work well as a lipstick base and offer a high level of pigmentation to the skin
- You get a unique moisturising formula that is one of a kind
- Weighs 0.15 grams
- Doesn’t need to be reapplied much
- The tint isn’t very strong
There’s nothing better than a lip balm that can work as a lip tint too! We have curated a list of the most loved tinted lip balms in India and mentioned why we like them. Our personal favourite has to be the Maybelline Baby Lips range as its formula is next level. However, you can go through the list and choose one that suits your lips the best.
1. Which is the best coloured lip balm?
Plum Goodness’ Candy Melt Tinted Lip Balms and Nivea Tinted Lip Balms are the best coloured lip balms available out there. You get to choose from several flavours and tints for yourself.
2. Which company lip balm is best?
If you’re looking for a company with the best lip balms, you can go for Burt Bees’ lip balm. They are known for using natural products and real beeswax to blend a variety of formulations that moisturise the lips while keeping them hydrated.
3. What lip balm stays on the longest?
Lakme Lip Love Gelato and Nivea Lip Balms stay on for the longest time on your lips. While Lakme claims to stay for up to 22-hours, Nivea lip balms tend to last for up to 24-hours with one swipe.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
We have a team of category-specific researchers who take the time to understand why a certain product is better for you so that you don’t have to take that pain. Our curating process is quite straightforward and we ensure that all the products in our lists meet the highest standards in terms of quality.