Every good skin-care regime preaches the processes of cleansing, toning, and moisturizing. These three are the essential steps for getting healthy skin. Some of the best toners can help in unclogging pores, removing excess oil, and shrinking the pores for a more youthful and refreshed skin. Toners balance the skin’s pH and help with the dryness caused by chlorine, SLS, SLES and minerals found in tap water and face washes. After toning, one should moisturize to complete the skin-care process.
To help you pick from the best toners, we have rounded some of our top recommendations here.
Our Top Recommendations
How Do We Choose the Best Skin Toners for You?
Toner is one of the topmost essentials to have in your skincare regime but choosing the right one for your skin can be tricky. In India, you can buy good quality toners ranging from Rs 150 to Rs 899, depending on your need and budget. If you’re looking for the right toner for your skin, you’ve come to the right place. Here are some basic factors we considered before curating this list for you!
For people with oily skin, we chose toners with astringents as they help limit sebum production and keep your skin clear for a longer time. If you have dry skin, you can choose an alcohol-free toner with hydrating ingredients such as rose extracts or hyaluronic acid. People with sensitive skin should go for highly-diluted toners with minimum amounts of alcohol or acids.
Look for rejuvenating ingredients that nourish your skin without leaving any side effects. We chose toners with ingredients such as cucumber, pomegranate, lavender, witch hazel, aloe vera, glycerin etc. Here you can also check some of the best rose water brands in India.
List of the Top Toners in India
Biotique Bio Cucumber Toner
If you’re looking for effective beauty products made using natural ingredients, Biotique can be your go-to brand. Founded in 1992 by Vinita Jain, Biotique has become one of the biggest skincare, haircare, and cosmetics retailers in India.
Prominent Features of the Biotique Bio Cucumber Pore Tightening Toner:
- Made using a blend of cucumber, mint, and coriander that soothes your skin
- Contains berberry and peppermint oil that tightens your pores
- Helps regularise your pH balance
- Has a shelf life of 36 months
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 120 ml
- The goodness of this toner comes at a very pocket-friendly price
- It is formulated with advanced Ayurvedic science
- Has cooling and tightening effects
- The fragrance of this toner might be overpowering and is not liked by many
Why We Picked the Biotique Bio Cucumber Pore Tightening Toner?
The Bio Cucumber Pore Tightening Toner by Biotique is formulated to balance the skin’s pH and keep it in its purest state. It is a blend of cucumber, coriander, barberry, peppermint oil, and nutmeg, all of which work to refresh your skin while tightening the pores. It reverses the effects of sun damage and slows down skin ageing. The cucumber helps relieve puffiness and redness with its cooling effect, leaving you refreshed and rehydrated. Use it every day after washing your face to see significant results.
Plum Green Tea Toner
Founded in 2013 by Shankar Prasad, Plum is one of the most loved beauty brands in India. It retails clean, cruelty-free, and vegan beauty products and has recently launched a cosmetics and fragrance range as well. The company is headquartered in Mumbai.
Prominent Features of the Plum Green Tea Toner:
- Contains green tea extracts that kill acne-causing bacteria
- Glycolic acid helps get rid of dead skin cells and limits sebum production
- Also has glycerin that keeps the skin nourished
- An alcohol-free toner that doesn’t dry out your skin
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 200 ml
- This product is packed with 100% recyclable materials
- It is Mineral Oil, SLS, Cruelty, and Paraben Free
- This green tea toner is suitable for all skin types
- Might not be best for dry skin
Why We Picked the Plum Green Tea Toner?
Plum Green Tea Toner is alcohol-free, cruelty-free, paraben-free, mineral oil-free and vegan, and is one of the best toners out there. It is an alcohol-free toner, so your skin won’t get irritated or dry out. It helps clarify the skin and provides an even tone to the face. Keep your skin refreshed and smooth with the goodness of this green tea toner. This is one of the best toners for oily skin and keeps issues associated with oily skin at bay.
UrbanBotanics Pure & Natural Rose Water Toner
Urban Botanics is a leading skincare, hair care, and personal care brand in India. It retails toxin-free and safer products that are made using natural ingredients. The brand has a well-established online presence and has its head office in Hyderabad, Telangana.
Prominent Features of the UrbanBotanics Pure & Natural Rose Water Toner:
- Contains steam-distilled rose water to soothe and nourish your skin
- Has a refreshing formula that deeply hydrates the skin
- The fragrance of fresh roses will leave you mesmerised
- The toner doesn’t feel heavy on the skin and gets absorbed quickly
- Restores the skin’s pH balance and limits excessive oil production
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 200 ml
- The rose water present in this toner has anti-inflammatory properties
- It comes in a spray bottle that is easy to spritz
- It can double up as a face mist
- It is not very effective on oily skin
Why We Picked the UrbanBotanics Pure & Natural Rose Water Toner?
The UrbanBotanics Rose Water Toner is a pure and organic toner that removes dirt from the skin and keeps it clean. With many antioxidants, it conditions the skin to make it look refreshed and youthful. This toner works on all skin types from dry and sensitive to normal to oily. It can work as a great predecessor to serums and moisturizers. It has no preservatives, chemicals, or artificial fragrances, just the essence of pure rosewater. It is also free of Witch Hazel which can lead to rashes, redness, or irritation making this the best toner for sensitive skin.
Lakmé Absolute Pore Fix Toner
Lakme is one of the biggest beauty brands in India with a huge customer base here. It was founded in 1952 by JRD Tata and Simone Tata. The company retails skincare, nail care, and cosmetic products that are easily available online and in stores. Lakme has its head office in Mumbai.
Prominent Features of the Lakme Absolute Pore Fix Toner:
- Contains witch hazel and lavender that tightens your pores
- Also helps in removing dead skin cells and impurities from your skin
- Since its alcohol-free, you only get soft and supple skin post application
- Comes in a bottle with a spray dispenser
- Also has glycerin that helps nourish your skin
- It calms down irritated and inflamed skin
- It comes in an easy-to-use application bottle
- It can sting people with sensitive skin
Why We Picked the Lakme Absolute Pore Fix Toner?
The Lakmé Absolute Pore Fix Toner tightens your pores and makes your skin look youthful and refreshed. It unclogs your pores and removes excess oil, revealing smooth and flawless skin. It is an alcohol-free toner that is gentle on your skin and eliminates any chances of skin irritation or damage. If you are looking for the best toner for dry skin, look no further. It balances out the skin by hydrating dry patches and removing excess oil. Refresh your skin after a long and tiring day with this absolute grab from Lakmé.
Lotus Herbals Rosetone Skin Toner
Lotus Herbals is one of the most prominent skincare and cosmetic brands in India. It retails ayurvedic products that are designed using the latest technology. The company was founded in 1993 and has its headquarters in New Delhi.
Prominent Features of the Lotus Herbals Rosetone Rose Petals Facial Skin Toner:
- Contains rose petal extracts and aloe vera gel that soothe and nourish your skin
- The blend of tulsi leaves and vetiver will help tighten pores and make skin firmer
- Lightweight formula that gets absorbed quickly into the skin
- Comes in a bottle with a spray dispenser and weighs 120 ml
- Enriched with Tulsi leaves and Vetiver extracts, this toner prevents pimples and soothes the skin
- It helps in removing blemishes and dark spots while giving you a healthy glow
- Natural product
- Might not suit sensitive skin
Why We Picked the Lotus Herbals Rosetone Rose Petals Facial Skin Toner?
The Lotus Herbals Rosetone Rose Petals Facial Skin Toner will give your skin a natural glow and brilliance. It can be used to remove make-up residue, dirt and grime from your skin. It absorbs well and moisturizes the skin from within. The goodness of rose petals helps in levelling your skin’s pH and controlling the excess secretion of oils making it the best toners for the face. It can be used by both men and women for glowing and fresh-looking skin.
Minimalist PHA 3% Face Toner
Minimalist is one of the fastest-growing brands in India. It was established in 2020 by Mohit Yadav and Rahul Yadav and has garnered a massive customer base within two years. The company is headquartered in Jaipur and has booming sales online.
Prominent Features of the Minimalist PHA 3% Face Toner:
- PHA is a milder and new-age version of AHA (Alpha-hydroxy-acid) that gently exfoliates your skin
- It is light on the skin and absorbs almost instantly giving you skin that is rejuvenated and glowing
- It targets uneven skin texture, dehydrated skin, and enlarged pores
- Formulated with prebiotics and probiotics, it balances skin microbiome levels and heightens the natural defence barriers of the skin
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 150 ml
- Removes make-up residue and pollutants
- It has a mild and pleasant scent
- It has skin hydrators like Hyaluronic Acid, Polyglutamic Acid, and more
- Can cause skin purging
Mamaearth Vitamin C Toner
Founded in 2016 by Ghazal Alagh and Varun Alagh, Mamaearth is a leading beauty, skincare, and personal care brand. The company is owned by Honasa Consumer Pvt Ltd and has its headquarters in Gurgaon.
Prominent Features of the Mamaearth Vitamin C Toner:
- Vitamin C is known for its anti-inflammatory and brightening effects
- One of the best brightening toners you can find on the market
- It is dermatologically tested and is safe for all skin types
- It restores the skin’s pH balance and gives you even-toned skin with minimal texture.
- It is free of alcohol, Sulfates, Parabens, SLS, Mineral Oil, Petroleum, Colors, and Synthetic Fragrance
- It is also loaded with the goodness of Aloe Vera Gel that is rich in Vitamin A
- It has brightening and soothing properties
- Nourishes the skin
- Both men and women can use it over the age of 15
- It can cause a burning sensation on sensitive skin
Wow Skin Science Vitamin C Toner
Wow Skin Science is a leading retailer of skincare, haircare, personal care, and wellness products in India. Founded in 2014 by Manish Chowdhary, the brand has seen massive success within a short span of time. It is headquartered in Gurgaon and has a flourishing business online.
Prominent Features of the Wow Skin Science Vitamin C Toner:
- Infused with lemon essential oil, orange essential oil, witch hazel extract and aloe vera extract
- Helps brighten and hydrate your skin
- Has skin-clarifying nutrients that prevent tanning, redness, acne, and inflammation
- Rich in minerals and moisture, this toner is ideal for all skin types
- Comes in a bottle with a spray dispenser and weighs 200 ml
- Smell might be too strong
Aroma Magic Aromatic Skin Toner
Aroma Magic is a leading skincare, haircare, and aromatherapy brand that was founded in 1994 by Dr Blossom Kochhar and Late Col. V. Kochhar. The brand is popular for making essential oils, face wash, scrubs, and toners.
Prominent Features of the Aroma Magic Aromatic Skin Toner:
- Contains pomegranate extracts, lavender, and peppermint that heals and soothes your skin
- Witch hazel helps in preventing moisture-loss
- Rosemary and Ylang Ylang essential oils help balance and calm the skin
- Comes in a bottle with a spray dispenser
- Weighs 100 ml
- Tightens your pores
- Has no artificial fragrance
- May not smell that good
Good Vibes Pomegranate Glow Toner
Good Vibes is a popular herbal skincare, hair care, and body care brand hailing from India. It makes natural products at an affordable cost that have become a huge hit in India.
Prominent Features of the Good Vibes Pomegranate Glow Toner:
- Contains pomegranate that’s rich in antioxidants
- Honey extracts nourish your skin
- Rose flower extracts help hydrate and rejuvenate your skin
- Also has mulberry extracts that even out your skin tone
- Comes in a bottle with a spray dispenser
- No parabens, sulphates, mineral oil, or alcohol
- Might not be ideal for sensitive skin
Himalaya Refreshing and Clarifying Toner
Himalaya is a prominent name in the Indian skincare, haircare, personal care, and wellness industry. It was founded in 1930 by Muhammad Manal and has its headquarters in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Prominent Features of the Himalaya Refreshing and Clarifying Toner:
- Refreshing toner with lemon that helps control excessive oil production
- Also contains the goodness of lentils that deep cleanses your skin
- Citrus removes dead skin cells and brightens your skin
- Comes in a sleek bottle packaging
- Weighs 100 ml
- Refreshing fragrance
- No irritation on the skin
- Packaging may not be travel-friendly
Using a good toner can replenish your skin and make it look much more youthful. In this article, we have listed some of the best toners in India on the basis of skin concerns, formula, and ingredients. While our personal favourites are from Plum, Biotique, and Lakme, make sure to check out the full list to find something that suits you best!
Which is the best toner in India?
Plum’s Green Tea Toner and Biotique’s Bio Cucumber Toner are some of the best in India.
Which brands make the best skin toners?
Biotique, Plum, Lakme, Good Vibes, and Mamaearth have some of the best skin toners in India.
Which is the best affordable toner in India?
Biotique has one of the most effective and affordable toners in India.
Can we use toner daily?
Yes, toner can be applied daily to keep your skin oil-free and clear. Although you shouldn’t use it more than twice a day as it can cause dryness on your skin.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
We have a team of skilled researchers who try and test several products before adding them to these lists. For the toner blog, we considered factors such as skin type, concern, formula, and ingredients. Our goal is to ensure that you get the most reliable product suggestions here so we double-check everything beforehand.