Picking the best vacuum cleaner isn’t an easy task. The cleaner should be easy to handle and maintain, able to remove dirt and dust from all nooks and corners, have a powerful motor, and come with multi-purpose cleaning attachments. A small room can be cleaned with any vacuum cleaner, while a large house would require a feature-packed and powerful cleaner. Here, we have curated a list of the top vacuum cleaners based on their type, capacity, features, and budget to help you pick the best one for your house.
Our Top Picks
How Do We Choose the Best Vacuum Cleaners for You?
Vacuum cleaners are a smart and efficient way to keep your homes clean without putting in much effort. In India, vacuum cleaners have picked up pace in the last couple of decades, and today every household has one. Ideally, a good quality vacuum cleaner will cost you anywhere between Rs 4,999 to Rs 19,999 for home usage. If you’re looking for a commercial vacuum cleaner, you may have to increase your budget a bit.
You can choose the right vacuum cleaner by considering some important aspects beforehand. You should check if the cleaner is lightweight and portable or not. Some other features include motor heating time, less noise, efficient energy usage, power consumption, and if it comes with a dust bag or is bagless. Heavy-duty and cheap vacuum cleaners can make a lot of noise too, so ensure that you buy one that makes low/no noise. With these simple factors, you will be able to identify what you need and buy the right product.
All these products are counted among the best-rated on Amazon and have superb customer reviews on various e-commerce platforms.
List of the Top 9 Vacuum Cleaners for Home
1. Eureka Forbes Trendy Zip Dry Vacuum Cleaner
Eureka Forbes is one of the most trusted home appliances and consumer goods companies in India. It was founded in the year 1982 and has its headquarters in Mumbai, India. The brand produces water purifiers, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners, security systems, etc.
Notable Features of the Eureka Forbes Trendy Zip Dry Vaccum Cleaner:
- Runs on 1000 watts of power
- Has a modern aesthetic appeal
- Comes with accessories on the side, like a crevice nozzle that helps you clean every corner of your house
- Features such as the thermal overload cut-out prevent the cleaner from damage in case of overload, heating, or current fluctuations
- Suitable for deep cleaning dry surfaces indoors
- Powerful Suction Function – The Forbes Trendy Zip’s 1000 W motor has a powerful suction effect which effectively removes dust and dirt that’s embedded in the upholstery
- Dust Bag Full Indicator – The smart indicator on the dust bag warns you when the bag gets full. This feature helps maintain a steady suction effect and also helps the cleaner be energy efficient
- Thermal Overload Cut-out – The thermal overload cut-out protects this vacuum cleaner from getting damaged in case of overload, heating, or current fluctuations
- Build quality may not be satisfactory
Accessories Included: This vacuum cleaner includes a crevice nozzle, a floor-cum-carpet brush, and a multi-purpose brush that help you thoroughly clean every inch of your house, even hard-to-reach areas like under the bed and window grills.
Karcher Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner
Karcher vacuum cleaners are very popular in the Indian market. The brand focuses on producing top-notch vacuum cleaners for both personal and commercial use. It was founded in 1935 and has a solid customer base in different parts of the world today.
Notable Features of the Karcher Wet and Dry Vaccum Cleaner:
- It helps you clean dry as well as wet surfaces and its blower enables you to clean hard-to-reach areas with ease
- It comes with different nozzles that attach directly to the suction hose for easy vacuuming, even in the tightest spaces
- It features a compact construction style for flexible and versatile cleaning and can be stored anywhere after use
- It’s made with tough plastic
- Runs on 1000 Watts of power
- Has a capacity of 15 litres
- Lightweight – This vacuum cleaner is compact and lightweight. It even has a suction capacity of 200 mbar.
- Energy-efficient – This Karcher vacuum cleaner offers an efficient cleaning solution while consuming only 1000 W of energy
- Container Capacity – This vacuum cleaner is excellent for cleaning both dry surfaces and wet surfaces. It sucks in water just as easily as it sucks in nuts and bolts. To hold a large amount of waste, this vacuum cleaner boasts a container capacity of 17 litres
- Suction power may not be up to the mark
Accessories Included: Suction hose, 2 m, 35 mm, Removable handle, Suction tubes, 2 piece(s), 0.5 m, 35 mm, Wet and dry floor nozzle, clips, Cartridge filter, standard, Crevice nozzle, Paper filter bag, 1 piece(s)
AmazonBasics Cylinder Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
Founded in 2009, AmazonBasics is one of the several top-notch private label brands of Amazon. It has taken over the online market and sells multi-category products such as electronics, home appliances, kitchen appliances, etc.
Notable Features of the AmazonBAsics Cylinder Bagless Vacuum Cleaner:
- The vacuum cleaner runs on 700 watts of power, smooth-rolling manoeuvrability
- Has a reusable dust bag—no need to purchase disposable bags
- hen finished, simply step on the vacuum cleaner’s foot-operated cord rewind and tuck the unit away until next time
- A variety of attachments comes included for detailed cleaning
- The vacuum cleaner’s HEPA 12 air filter traps more than 99.5% of all fine particles from the air
- Suitable for cleaning wet and dry surfaces
- Has a capacity of 1.5 litres
- Cyclonic Technology – The machine’s cyclonic technology provides intense suction power that effectively draws in air, dirt, dust, pet hair, and other debris
- Removable and Washable Filter – Routinely remove and wash the filter to promote optimal performance. The filter pulls out effortlessly and can be easily rinsed clean with water at the sink
- No Dust Bags Needed – The bag-less vacuum cleaner’s reusable dust cup means no need to purchase disposable paper dust bags
- Easy-Empty Dust Cup – For hassle-free maintenance, the vacuum cleaner’s removable dust container can be tipped over a trash bin to dump out collected dust.
- Suction power may not be satisfactory
Accessories Included: The vacuum cleaner provides a variety of useful accessories, including a crevice tool, an upholstery nozzle, a dusting brush, a parquet brush, and an accessory holder. The accessory holder keeps all the attachments neatly organized and easy to access.
Moreover, We have also walked through some of the top robot vacuum cleaners in India. This is a great choice for a big-sized house or apartment as it always keeps it clean automatically
Inalsa Micro Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner
Inalsa brings you some of the best wet and dry vacuum cleaners in India. The brand was founded in 1967 and is one of the subsidiaries of Taurus Group from Spain. The company makes top-notch kitchen and home appliances that are exported globally.
Notable Features of the Inalsa Micro Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner:
- Works well in wet and dry conditions
- Its extension tube reaches every inaccessible nook and corner of your home.
- It features a Safe Buoy technology that immediately stops sucking water when the storage capacity
- It has a lightweight body and easy-carry handle
- Its 360-degree caster wheels allow it to move around the house right on your directions
- Equipped with a 1600 Watt motor
- Variable Speed Control – Equipped with variable functionality, you can start with the Minimum to and then to Maximum Speed, where you can go about cleaning most difficult and narrow areas with ease
- Efficient Blower Function – The blower function removes deep embedded dust and dirt from any kind of soft surfaces and upholstery. This vacuum cleaner scoops up dust from every corner of the room
- Large Operating Cleaning Range – Long extension tubes & flexible hose pipe allows you to clean every corner of your house. This gives you more reach and nabs dust dangling from high ceilings and corners or buried deep behind appliances
- Suction is not that powerful
Accessories Included: Main Unit, SS Tank, HEPA filter, paper bag filter, hose pipe, crevice nozzle, floor cum carpet brush, wet squeezing brush, small sofa brush, metal extension tubes, instruction manual
Philips Bag-Less Dry Vacuum Cleaner
Philips has been a renowned name in the Indian electronics and home appliances market for years now. The company was founded in the year 1891 by Gerard and Anton Philips and has its headquarters in Amsterdam, Netherlands. It runs operations in over 100 countries today.
Notable Features of the Philips PowerPro FC9352/01:
- Features Powercyclone 5 technology separates dust from air
- It features a powerful motor that generates strong suction power for fast, deep cleaning
- The fully-sealed filtration system with H13 filter traps fine dust particles including pet hair, dust mites, and pollen
- Its compact design and large wheels allow it to be moved around the house easily
- Suitable for cleaning dry sufaces indoors
- Has a sound level of 82 dB
- Turbo Brush – removes 25 percent more hairs and dust
- Multi-Clean Nozzle – for thorough floor cleaning
- Advanced Dust Container – which makes it easy for you to hygienically empty the vacuum cleaner after each use
- Soft Brush – integrated into handle for swift cleaning and always ready to use
- Comes with very few attachments
Accessories Included: Retractable Cord, Crevice Tool and Integrated Brush
Prestige Cleanhome Typhoon 05 Vacuum Cleaner
TTK Prestige is a highly popular kitchen appliances and home appliances company based out of India. It was founded in 1955 by T T Krishnamachari and has its headquarters in Chennai. The brand is trusted by millions of Indians and you’ll find its cookers in most kitchen households.
Notable Features of the Prestige Cleanhome Typhoon 05 Vacuum Cleaner:
- It’s equipped with an Advanced HEPA Filter and features a high dust case capacity
- Cleans both wet and dry cleaning services
- Its 1200 W motor has an efficient suction capacity, while the blower function helps in cleaning even the hard-to-reach areas conveniently
- Suitable for cleaning wet and dry surfaces
- Advanced HEPA Filter – Helps in removing indoor contaminants like fine dust particles from your room
- High Dust Case Capacity – The dust case has a capacity of up to 10 L that helps in cleaning up huge areas without frequently emptying the bin
- Auto-cut Float – When the dust barrel’s capacity to hold water is exceeded, the auto-cut float which is present in the suction nozzle lifts up to cut the air-flow to the motor, protecting the motor from getting damaged due to overflow
- Easy Mobility – Its 360-degree swivel cord ensures easy mobility, so you can move around your house easily while cleaning
- The hose pipe is smaller as compared to similar variants in the market
Accessories Included: It comes along with multiple accessories like an extensible hose pipe, floor brush, corner brush, absorbing brush, crevice tool, three extension tubes and a HEPA filter to help you with various cleaning activities.
Eureka Forbes Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner
Eureka Forbes is a popular home appliances company based in India. It was launched in the year 1982 and majorly retails water purifiers, vacuum cleaners, and air purifiers. If you’re looking for an affordable and reliable brand, Eureka Forbes won’t disappoint.
Notable Features of the Eureka Forbes Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner:
- Features a stainless steel body that houses a 20 L dust tank
- It can easily be used to clean the wet and dry dirt in your house.
- It has a powerful motor that has 1400 W capacity that delivers deep cleaning
- It is suitable for those who have young children at home since this product has specifically been designed ensuring all safety standards
- Suitable for cleaning both dry and wet surfaces
- Powerful 1400W Motor – This Forbes Vacuum cleaner comes with a 1400 W powerful motor that delivers intensive and deep cleaning
- 20 Liters Tank Capacity – Ensures you don’t have to empty the tank often to continue your cleaning sessions
- Double Filters – The double filters of this vacuum cleaner prevent dust from leaking back into the air
- Multi-Purpose Cleaning – This vacuum cleaner comes with attachments that help you clean different types of materials and surfaces.
- Makes a lot of noise
Accessories Included: Flexible Hosepipe, Metal Telescopic Tube, Floor Cum Carpet Brush, Crevice Nozzle, Wet Floor Nozzle, Upholstery Brush, Paper Dust Bag, User Manual, Warranty Card, HEPA Filter, Sponge Filter
Inalsa Spruce Vacuum Cleaner for Home
Inalsa produces some of the most reliable cleaning appliances in the market today. It is the choice of millions of Indians and a solid presence in the global market as well. You can find everything from food processors, cooking appliances, cleaning appliances, ato home appliances under this brand.
Notable Features of the Inalsa Spruce Vacuum Cleaner for Home:
- It has a powerful blower function to throw out the dust
- A handy filtration unit removes nearly all dust and allergens
- Features a multi-surface design brush handles carpet, floor, sofa and other furniture with the same powerful capability
- Spruce is compact and lightweight so it’s easier for you to get around, get up and down stairs and carry from room to room
- It’s easy to store with horizontal or vertical parking options
- Suitable for cleaning dry surfaces
- Powerful Performance – With a 1200W high-performance pure copper motor, this vacuum cleaner provides a powerful suction that is strong enough not only to suck smaller particles, such as dust, hair or dirt, but also larger pieces, such as pet food, and cereal
- Mobility – The 360° four swivel wheels allow you to conveniently take the unit anywhere in your home, guaranteeing an effortless cleaning experience
- Efficient Blower– This blower cleans narrow, hard-to-reach areas with a lot of ease
- Re-usable Components – The reusable dust cloth bag ensures multiple cleaning sessions in one go. This bag provides excellent filtration and is easily washable
- Pipe is a little short
Accessories Included: Crevice Tool, Narrow Nozzles, Sofa Brush, Floor cum Carpet Brush
Dyson V11 Absolute Pro Cord-Free Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson is a leading tech company that was founded in 1991 by James Dyson. The company is based in Chicago, Illinois and exports worldwide. It retails vacuum cleaners, hand dryers, hairdryers, hair styling tools, heaters etc that are widely popular in India.
Notable Features of the Dyson V11 Vacuum Cleaner:
- Features Dyson’s powerful Hyperdymium Motor and a hygienic dirt ejector
- The motor spins at a speed of about 125,000 revolutions/minute
- It captures 99.99% of fine dust particles to give you a spick-and-span home
- Suitable for deep cleaning all floor types, carpets, and car interiors
- Powerful Motor: Its powerful suction force helps you collect microscopic allergens, skin cells, dust mites and even pet hairs that usually settle on sofas, mattresses and upholstery.
- Convenient Docking Station: A convenient docking station helps you charge or store this vacuum stick without any hassle.
- Hygienic Dirt Ejector: Its hygienic dirt ejection mechanism helps you dispose of the collected dust and debris with the touch of just one button, so you don’t have to get your hands dirty.
- Mobility: Cord-free operation makes for easy and unrestricted cleaning.
- It may not efficiently clean the surface
Accessories Included: Torque Drive Cleaner Head, Soft Roller Cleaner Head, Quick Release Mini Motorised Tool, Crevice Tool, Combination Tool, Docking Station, Charger
In addition to this, we would also like to present you our guide, where we have covered some of the amazing vacuum cleaners for cars. Do check it out and let us know if you find it useful.
What are the best vacuum cleaner brands in India?
Eureka Forbes, Inalsa, Philips, and Prestige are some of the best vacuum cleaner brands in the country. They are reliable and affordable at the same time.
What should I look for in a vacuum cleaner?
Check its capacity, noise levels, power consumption, energy efficiency, and its suitability for wet and dry surfaces.