Every person has a dream of building their own house but maintaining it takes a lot of effort. The right steps at the right time help you ensure a strong establishment. Wall paints are chosen with care and according to our tastes, but when it comes to maintaining them, wall care putty has a vital role to play. It gives the walls a smooth finish and helps to retain the paint for a longer period. But one should be as picky when choosing putty as while choosing wall paint. To know the attributes of the best wall putty brands in India, check out our list for the same.
|Our Top Recommendations||Best Prices on Amazon|
|Berger Paints||Check Prices|
|Nippon Paints||Check Prices|
|JK Cement||Check Prices|
How Do We Choose the Best Wall Putty Brand for You?
Prioritising a few factors helps you decide on the ideal wall putty. It is the base of every wall paint to give it the perfect smooth finish and ability to last long. Out of the many factors, the following three should be compulsorily assessed before finalising a wall putty.
Generally, the wall putties primarily have powdered white cement as the core ingredient. Other additives are required to give an even texture to the wall. For a glossy finish, there is a requisition of acrylic putty that evens out the surface better. On the other hand, for coarse walls and surfaces, powder is a well fit.
Complimenting Wall Colour
The wall colour you pick is also a deciding factor when choosing a wall putty, as when it comes in contact with the wall paint, it may not give you the desired colour. So, choosing a putty complementing your wall paint colour is significant.
The best wall putty company in India provides the perfect texture even when put on a harsh, coarse wall. You need to go through the capacity of the putty to smooth a surface along with the water retention capacity.
List of the Top 12 Wall Putty Brands in India
On this page:
1. Berger Paints
Berger Paints has a legacy of over 100 years in the paint industry as a result of quality and innovation. It specialises in making different types of wall paints, related chemicals, and coatings. The brand is committed to producing technologically advanced products without harming nature. Besides, it keeps a check on agents that can have a drastic impact on health. The brand is globally considered a popular choice and is one of the fastest-growing paint companies in the world.
Notable Features of Berger Paints Wall Putty:
- The acrylic putty by Berger Paints has a smooth texture making it easily applicable.
- It is a waterproof material that keeps the walls from soaking water. It has a Lotus bead effect due to the good hydrophobicity of the material. It is considered the best wall putty in India for mending small wall cracks.
- The putty, after application on the walls, has a remarkably unique anti-efflorescence effect, unlike regular powder putties.
- ISO Certified
- Gives an aesthetic finish
- Green Pro Certified
Why We Picked This Brand?
Berger Paints has been many people’s favourite choice for a long time. The acrylic wall putty has sanding properties that enable it to smoothen the walls giving it an excellent fitting to the floors.
2. Nippon Paint
Nippon Paint is a Japanese brand that has been in the business for 140 years. The leading paint producer in Asia has numerous products. It implements Japanese technology to provide breakthrough formulations. The goal of this brand is to reach every household while protecting mother nature.
Notable Features of Nippon Paint Wall Putty:
- The innovative technology implemented to make paints and putties have awarded the brand with multiple recognitions in the Asian belts.
- The formulation is easy to apply and leaves an even coat for the effortless application of wall paint.
- The colour of the putty is pure white, which provides a perfect canvas for any colour.
- Drys out fast
- Fine adhesion properties on both undercoat and topcoat
Why We Picked This Brand?
Nippon is a well-established brand managing multiple ventures at a go. It adheres to quality policies and world-class manufacturing practices. The preparatory coating materials are chosen by many renowned builders as it helps them achieve their paint goals. The adhesion capacity of their putty adds value for money.
3. JK Cement Ltd
JK Cement Ltd. is a leading manufacturer of grey cement in the world. The cement and putties of this brand are sold in 43 countries with a strong presence since 1975. JK Cement has excellent customer orientation along with leadership in technology. The products are made with continuous innovation by maintaining integrity.
Notable Features of JK Wall Putty:
- The putty comes in white colour that adds a smooth glossy finish to the wall.
- It has a flake-resistant property that helps with retaining the wall colour for a long time.
- The formulation glides fast on the walls and provides high coverage.
- Damp resistant
- Anti-Eflorescence property
- High tensile strength
- Effective in levelling uneven surfaces
Why We Picked This Brand?
The sparkling whiteness of the JK cement putty is liked by many experts in the field as it enables them to get the desired appearance of the paints. The company makes profound ware care products along with aesthetic ones. The thickness of the putty is an added advantage as it enables the wall to be devoid of any unwanted moisture.
4. DR. FIXIT
Dr. FIXIT is a part of Pidilite Industries, which offers waterproofing solutions for both exteriors and interiors of your house. The technology associated with the formulations is at par with the latest innovations in the sector. The construction chemicals manufactured by this company are environmentally friendly. The product list includes building materials, cement, paints, and hardware material.
Notable Features of DR. FIXIT Wall Putty:
- The formulations are unique, and some of them are ready to use. They do not require mixing with any additives.
- The quick formulations are waterproof.
- The putty has an aesthetic finish that fills deep cracks without leaving any clue of its prior existence.
- It has several putties in its store that can provide solutions for roof and wall leakages.
- Long-lasting formulation
- Required in small quantities
Why We Picked This Brand?
Dr. Fixit provides you with a one-stop solution for all wall leakage and seepage problems at home. The chemicals utilised by the company to make the fillers and putties have no harmful effects on humans as well as the environment.
5. Asian Paints
Asian Paints is the first name that comes to every Indian’s mind the moment we think of wall paints. For 75 years, the brand has been thriving in the paint industry with its quality and distinctiveness. The brand also deals with other segments like decoratives, health and hygiene products, and lighting and furnishings.
Notable Features of Asian Paints Wall Putty:
- The putties manufactured by Asian Paints are available in several colours. Depending on the wall colour, the putty should be selected.
- The putty yields a super smooth finish and does not require specific skills to apply.
- Both acrylic and powder varieties are available with Asian Paints.
- It reinforces the strength of the paint and keeps it adhered to its surface for long.
- Eco-friendly putties
- Long durability
- Evens up uneven surfaces quickly
Why We Picked This Brand?
Asian Paints covers a wide range of wall care products. The quality provided by this brand remains unparalleled. The different putties and their distinct properties keep them at the top of the charts, including ours.
Nerolac is another brand like Asian Paints that is known by every Indian citizen. It has been a popular paint brand since 1920. Through thorough research and development, the company has created the best wall putty in India for deep cracks.
Notable Features of Nerolac Wall Putty:
- It is one of the best wall putty companies in India that provides butter-like consistency on the walls as it implements technology that strengthens the putty and increases elasticity.
- The putties have a good capacity for filling and levelling surfaces.
- After using Nerolac putty, the walls do not require water curing.
- Usable on both new and old ceilings and walls
- No primer application needed
- No obnoxious smell
- Green Pro certified
Why We Picked This Brand?
Nerolac putties have numerous pros that make the brand an ideal pick. The acrylic paints give a glossy and smooth finish that feels like silk on touching them. The easily applicable formula requires only a small amount of the product for a large surface area. By using a putty by Nerolac, your paint will remain intact without flaking.
7. Birla, HIL
HIL is a conglomerate of CK Birla Group, running successfully since 1946. The brand curates a distinct blend of comprehensive materials for building construction. The company has its R&D labs in parts of India and Germany.
Notable Features of Birla Wall Putty:
- Birla HIL uses true colour technology that enhances wall paint’s ability to reflect the exact shade flawlessly.
- It provides good protection to the paint from moisture and dampness.
- The putty also saves the colour from fading and flaking.
- Quick application
8. Esdee Paints
Esdee Paints is well known for Automotive Refinishes, wood finishes, decoratives, and high-performance industrial coatings besides their paints. It was established in the year 1963 and is one of the best wall putty brands in India as it develops tailor-made products.
Notable Features of Esdee Paints Wall Putty:
- The putties made by Esdee Paints are mostly acrylic. Such putties enable smooth application and give a glossy texture.
- These are ideal for gypsum plaster and concrete surfaces.
- The binders and pigments in these putties are apt for sanding and levelling.
- Contains low VOC
9. Birla White
Birla White is a flagship venture of the Aditya Birla Group of Industries. In the year 1988, Birla White initiated manufacturing white cement in our country. The portfolio of this company is impressive as it has a wide range of white cement-based products to cater to different building needs.
Notable Features of Birla White Wall Putty:
- The putties made by Birla White are all white cement based.
- They have a superior refractive index that provides extra coverage.
- It is a paint-friendly putty that catalyses the flow of paint over the walls.
- The formulation contains a high percentage of HP polymers that restricts moisture from evading the walls.
- Compatible with all distempers
The foundation of Trimurti products was laid in the year 2004. It makes numerous kinds of wall care products that are loved by many builders and engineers. From hardware products to coating products, the brand produces these in different blends.
Notable Features of Trimurti Wall Putty:
- Trimurti develops different types of putties suitable for different needs.
- The blends are mostly powder based.
- It has the ability to protect different types of plastered walls.
11. Sunanda Global
Sunanda Global has aimed to provide quality construction products since 1979. Its orientation is completely laid on the betterment of its services towards customers and stakeholders. Its mission is to provide better services by implementing improved engineering and innovation.
Notable Features of the Sunanda Global Wall Putty:
- Sunanda Global putties give a smooth base for paint application.
- It has a long-lasting effect when applied before primers and paints or to fill cracks on walls.
- Some of the putties are polymeric coating for attaining desired finishing easily.
12. JK Lakshmiplast
The JK Lakshmi cement limited group of organisations has built an empire over 125 years old. The cement plants of this brand are fully computerised enabling them to provide products of superior quality.
Notable Features of JK Lakshmiplast Wall Putty:
- JK Lakshmiplast manufactures the best waterproof wall putty in India for exterior use.
- The purity of the white cement used for making the putty is very high.
- The brand uses high-strength polymer-based formulations for making wall putties.
- Anti-fungal products
- Anti-algae products
You need to consider several factors before choosing a wall putty. Whether you need it for household purposes or for industrial needs are crucial factors, besides the factors elaborated before. You need to figure out whether you want a putty for overall coverage or fixing cracks. Moreover, different putties are found in the market for interior and exterior treatment. So, know the product and then opt for a brand.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
We have a team of category-specific researchers who evaluate several products before adding them to these lists. For the wall putty blog, we considered several factors to create a useful list for you. Our goal is to offer you the best and most reliable recommendations so that you can make a hassle-free online purchase.