Losing hair is truly a depressing thing. Once you start losing hair, you are constantly looking for ways to improve hair growth and prevent hair fall. Most remedies are either too expensive or completely ineffective. However, using castor oil may be a cheap and effective solution to regrow your hair.
What Is Castor Oil
Castor oil is a vegetable oil that is extracted from the seeds of the castor plant. It has numerous health benefits and is great for your skin and hair. There are many benefits of Castor Oil. It is one of the finest natural emollients and is widely used for a number of things.
Castor Oil Benefits For Hair Regrowth
Castor oil keeps your scalp healthy and strengthens your hair. It nourishes your hair and also prevents hair loss.
- Anti-inflammatory – Castor oil has anti-inflammatory properties that prevent hair loss
- Anti-bacterial – A big cause of hair loss is scalp infections. Castor oil has anti-bacterial properties that prevent hair loss and help with hair growth
- Gets Rid Of Dandruff – Castor oil nourishes your hair and prevents dandruff. This again is good for your scalp health and hence encourages hair regrowth
- Moisturizer – Castor oil locks moisture in your hair. This allows your hair to stay nourished for longer and hence become stronger
How Long Does It Take To Work?
Like most things in life, castor oil works slowly. It is not a magic potion that will give you a full set of hair overnight. It will test your patience. However, if you stay true and regular, over time you will see that castor oil does help hair regrowth. Use it regularly and you will see the difference.
How To Apply Castor Oil To Your Hair
- First off, mix some argan oil or another carrier oil with your castor oil. This will make it easier to apply
- Begin by massaging your roots and scalp. Once done, work your way up to the tips
- Leave the oil for at least one hour. It is best to leave it overnight
- When you wash it off, it is best to apply some conditioner 30 minutes before taking a shower. This will make it easier to remove excess oil from your hair
- Pat your hair dry
Remember to apply castor oil at least two-three times a week. For best results, however, apply castor oil every alternate day.
Know In Detail: How To Use Castor Oil