Losing hair can be depressing and once you start losing hair, you are constantly on the lookout for ways to improve hair growth and prevent hair fall. Most remedies are either too expensive or completely ineffective. However, using castor oil may be a cheap and effective solution to regrow your hair. Castor oil is a vegetable oil that is extracted from the seeds of the castor plant. It is one of the finest natural emollients and is widely used for a number of things. Massaging your hair and scalp with castor oil can improve blood circulation, nourish and strengthen strands, and create a better environment for new hair growth. There are many benefits of Castor Oil for hair as well as for health and skin.
|Our Top Recommendations||Best Prices on Amazon|
|Aloe Veda||Check Prices|
|Hill Dews||Check Prices|
|Aroma Magic||Check Prices|
How Do We Choose the Best Castor Oils for You?
Castor oil is a popular skin and hair care product that is not just chemical-free but also has healing properties to cure infections and diseases. It is extracted from the seeds of the castor plant and lasts longer than other natural oils. In India, you can enjoy the benefits of castor oil for hair, skin, and your body on a budget of Rs 100 to Rs 500.
Some of the factors that we focused on while curating this list of best castor oil recommendations are:
Scanning the ingredients is a crucial step in picking a pure, natural oil. Make sure it does not contain preservatives or other additional aromas. It should not contain ingredients that can cause irritation or damage.
To enjoy the maximum benefits of castor oil for hair and skin, you must find a product that is suitable for your scalp and skin type. There are different oils for dry, oily, sensitive, or combination skin. So, understand your type and choose the right product to encourage new hair growth.
Benefits of Castor Oil for Hair Regrowth
Castor oil keeps your scalp healthy and strengthens your hair. It nourishes your hair and also prevents hair loss.
- Anti-inflammatory – Castor oil has anti-inflammatory properties that prevent hair loss.
- Anti-bacterial – A big cause of hair loss is scalp infections. Castor oil has anti-bacterial properties that prevent hair loss and help with hair growth.
- Gets Rid Of Dandruff – Castor oil nourishes your hair and prevents dandruff. This again is good for your scalp health and hence encourages hair regrowth.
- Moisturiser – Castor oil locks moisture in your hair. This allows your hair to stay nourished for longer and hence become stronger.
Interesting Reads: Benefits of Castor Oil For Beard
List of 15 Top Castor Oils for Healthy Hair
On this page:
- 1. Soulflower Cold Pressed Castor Carrier Oil
- 2. Aloe Veda Distil Pure Cold-Pressed Castor Oil
- 3. Hill Dews Premium Castor Oil
- 4. Mamaearth 100% Pure Cold Pressed Castor Oil
- 5. Aroma Magic Castor Oil
- 6. Morpheme Remedies Pure Cold Pressed Castor Oil
- 7. WOW Skin Science 100% Pure Castor Oil
- 8. Pure and Sure Organic Castor Oil
- 9. Rey Naturals Premium Cold Pressed Castor Oil
- 10. WishCare Premium Cold Pressed Castor Oil
- 11. Deve Herbes Pure Castor Oil
- 12. Urban Botanics Cold Pressed Castor Oil
- 13. Khadi Natural Herbal Castor Oil
- 14. Holy Natural Organic Jamaican Black Castor Oil
- 15. Nature’s Absolutes Cold Pressed Castor Carrier Oil
- How To Apply Castor Oil To Your Hair?
- Does castor oil thicken hair?
- How long do I leave castor oil in my hair?
- What can I mix with castor oil for hair?
- How long does it take to work?
- Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
1. Soulflower Cold Pressed Castor Carrier Oil
100% natural, vegan, and cold-pressed, castor oil from Soulflower is one of the best products to add to your daily regime. It is a perfect remedy for enjoying healthy hair and skin. This oil is free from hexane, paraben, fragrance and preservative, making it safe to use. You can apply it to your skin, nails, hair, eyelashes and eyebrows. Without a doubt, it is by far one of the best castor oil brands in India.
Prominent Features of the Soulflower Cold Pressed Castor Carrier Oil:
- Contains vitamins and other nutrients that help in dealing with dark circles, acne, pigmentation, scars, blemishes & signs of ageing
- Rich in Vitamin E, nutrients and fatty acids that promote hair growth and provide stronger, smoother, and shinier hair
- It is pure and natural and does not contain any preservatives or chemicals that are harmful to hair, scalp and roots
- Works wonders for eyelashes and eyebrows. Prevents breakage and promotes better hair growth
- FDA Approved
- Repairs damaged hair
- 100% pure and natural
- Consistency is too thick
Why We Picked the Soulflower Cold Pressed Castor Carrier Oil?
Extracted from castor seeds, the Soulflower Cold Pressed Castor Carrier Oil is pure and organically produced with amazing therapeutic properties. It is enriched with fatty acids, nutrients, and vitamins that trigger new follicle growth and nourish hair roots. The oil also hydrates the skin and helps deal with common skin woes like scars, blemishes, dark circles, etc.
2. Aloe Veda Distil Pure Cold-Pressed Castor Oil
Packed with beneficial curative and medicinal properties, this castor oil by Aloe Veda qualifies as an essential in your kit. This oil is rich in vitamins and fatty acids that help rejuvenate your hair, prevent scalp infection and cure hair loss. It also penetrates skin tissues and nourishes the cells for enjoying acne-free skin.
Prominent Features of the Aloe Veda Distil Pure Cold-Pressed Castor Oil:
- Packed with powerhouse nutrients that deeply penetrate the skin and offer a radiant & youthful glow
- It is the highest-grade cold-pressed oil that is made with pure extracts and does not contain synthetic ingredients
- The oil has anti-bacterial and anti fungicidal properties that protect the scalp and hair from infections that can cause hair loss
- It breaks up external and internal scar tissue and softens rough or thickened skin to cure various skin infections
- Quite affordable
- Suitable for all hair and skin types
- Promotes glowing skin
- Vegan & cruelty-free
- Improves beard growth
- Takes a longer time to show results
Why We Picked the Aloe Veda Distil Pure Cold-Pressed Castor Oil?
Aloe Veda Distil Pure Cold-Pressed Castor Oil is packed with the goodness of Aloe Vera, healing natural herbs, and essential oils and offers a wide array of benefits like preventing stretch marks, fixing cracked heels, and promoting hair growth, treating acne, fighting skin infections, and reducing hair fall. It can also be used for skin infections like corns, ringworm, and athlete’s foot.
3. Hill Dews Premium Castor Oil
Hill Dews Premium Castor Oil is pure, cold-pressed, unrefined, and unbleached castor oil that is extremely popular among the audience. It is a multi-purpose oil that is extracted using traditional methods and has the right amount of thickness and consistency for easy usage.
Prominent Features of the Hill Dews Premium Castor Oil:
- Comes in a clean, nice packaging and has a dropper to squeeze out the required amount without spilling oil everywhere
- It is an amazing skin moisturiser that offers a smoother, softer, and younger look by penetrating deep into the skin
- Contains Ricinoleic Acid and Omega- 6 Essential Fatty Acids that improves blood circulation and promotes hair growth
- It is infused with a skin-conditioning agent that fastens the healing of stretch marks and reduces wrinkles, dark spots, fine lines, and pimples
- It is extremely hydrating
- Get easily absorbed into the skin
- Free from harmful ingredients
- Gentle and effective on the skin
- Has several health benefits
- It has a peculiar smell that is not so soothing
Why We Picked the Hill Dews Premium Castor Oil?
Premium Castor Oil by Hill Dews is a rich, concentrated blend of Fatty Acids and essential Vitamins that makes it perfect for nourishing and strengthening the hair while hydrating the skin, reducing the wrinkles, and promoting beard growth. It also naturally reduces the body heat and helps in fighting problems that are caused by exposure to high temperatures.
4. Mamaearth 100% Pure Cold Pressed Castor Oil
Mamaearth is one of the top-notch brands that is highly regarded for its natural, pure, quality products. One of such items that have a huge fan base is Pure Cold Presses Castor Oil. It is a deep moisturising & conditioning agent that nourishes the scalp, encourages the growth of younger cells, soothes irritated skin, increases blood flow, fights skin infections, and much more.
Prominent Features of the Mamaearth 100% Pure Cold Pressed Castor Oil:
- It has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral properties that improve blood circulation and strengthen the cuticles for healthier & less brittle nails
- The oil is dermatologically tested and goes through strict testing before coming out in the market to ensure absolute safety
- It moisturises the scalp and nourishes hair from root to tip to reduce dandruff and split ends while adding shine to hair
- Free from harmful additives, toxins or chemicals such as Mineral Oils, Silicones, etc.
- Natural ingredients
- Gives a healthy glow
- Safe for all skin and hair types
- Free of additives
- Offers even-toned skin
- It may feel too greasy
Why We Picked the Mamaearth 100% Pure Cold Pressed Castor Oil?
Mamaearth 100% Pure Cold Pressed Castor Oil is a perfect pick for nourishing the scalp and hair. It can be used to moisturise your lips, nails, and ensure the growth of eyebrows/eyelashes. It also works effectively in fighting skin infections like ringworm, dandruff etc. To maintain its purity and ensure safety, this oil is extracted from high-quality castor seeds without the use of any chemicals or heat.
5. Aroma Magic Castor Oil
Prepared by the beans of the castor plant, which grows in tropical regions, the Aroma Magic Castor Oil is a gem of a product with powerful therapeutic properties. This oil has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that ward off skin infections and offer a soft, supple and beautiful look. It also helps in relieving pain and giving hair a lustrous shine.
Prominent Features of the Aroma Magic Castor Oil:
- This castor oil by Aroma Magic is effective in relieving pain caused due to arthritis and rheumatism
- It maintains the pH level of the body and helps in healing the skin, and provides the natural glow
- The oil has a thick consistency that makes it perfect for hair massage, makeup removal and eyelash growth
- Used for treating inflamed skin, burns, sunburns, cuts, abrasion, eruptions and lesions
- Gets easily absorbed into the skin
- Pain-relieving qualities
- It can be used for body massage
- Shows result quickly
- Reasonably priced
- It might now work for people with nut allergies
Why We Picked the Aroma Magic Castor Oil?
Aroma Magic Castor Oil is a cold-pressed oil that is packed with the goodness of vitamin E, proteins, and minerals and helps in providing beautiful hair and supple skin. This oil has smaller molecules that go deep into the skin and cure skin problems. It also works wonders in improving hair growth, improving blood circulation, and relaxing the body.
6. Morpheme Remedies Pure Cold Pressed Castor Oil
From the trusted house of Morpheme Remedies, this Pure Cold Pressed Castor Oil is a good option for those who are looking for good quality oil with no added additives. This oil is extracted from the seeds of the plant Ricinus communis and is free from toxins, sulphates, mineral oils, and other harmful chemicals. It is ideal for skin softener, face cleanser, hair rejuvenator, and nails and cuticle moisturiser.
Prominent Features of the Morpheme Remedies Pure Cold Pressed Castor Oil:
- Contains Fatty Acids that maintain the skin’s natural moisture and keep it hydrated all day long
- It works as a deep conditioner that prevents itchiness and nourishes the scalp while making hair stronger and smoother
- Anti-fungal, anti-viral, and anti-bacterial properties of the oil help in preventing fungus infections and maintain nail strength
- Deeply nourishes eyelashes and eyebrows and helps them grow thicker, stronger, and luscious
- Removes scars and stretch marks
- Contains pure oil
- Reduces dryness
- Not tested on animals
- Stimulates body muscles
- It is super thick, which is not liked by many
Why We Picked the Morpheme Remedies Pure Cold Pressed Castor Oil?
Morpheme Remedies Pure Cold Pressed Castor Oil is a conveniently packaged oil that comes with a dispenser for mess-free application. This oil can be applied as a skin softener on dry skin and chapped lips and can also be massaged on the scalp to encourage hair growth. It can also be applied to nails for adding lustre and on the body for strengthening muscles.
7. WOW Skin Science 100% Pure Castor Oil
Extracted from pure and best quality castor seeds, this oil by WOW Skin Science does not use heat or chemical solvent like hexane. This assures the finest quality oil and is safe to use. Using this oil gives rich nourishing care to hair, scalp, skin, eyelashes, eyebrows, lips and nails. This oil is the right choice for holistic personal care.
Prominent Features of the WOW Skin Science 100% Pure Castor Oil:
- It is enriched with Omega 6 and rinoleic acid that promotes hair thickness and ensures a healthier scalp, eyelashes, skin, nails, lips, and eyebrows
- The oil has hydration and softening effect that offers even skin tone, removes dark spots, fights acne, prevents scars and stretch marks
- It is eatable and can be used alone or blended with other cold-pressed vegetable oils for dealing with different health problems
- You can use oil to gently remove makeup, dirt and grime from your face and enjoy clean, clear and radiant skin
- Softens dry and hard skin
- Minimizes split ends
- Makes skin healthy
- Improves hair texture
- Delays signs of ageing
- Works slowly
- The texture is a bit sticky
Why We Picked the WOW Skin Science 100% Pure Castor Oil?
WOW Skin Science 100% Pure Castor Oil is undiluted and cold-pressed oil that is rich in antioxidants, vitamin E and essential fatty acids and is free from hexane, silicone, mineral oil, and synthetic fragrance. It also has significant antimicrobial and anti-fungal properties that help in dealing with dryness and healing wounds. Regular usage also reduces inflammation, acne-related rashes and redness.
8. Pure and Sure Organic Castor Oil
Pure and Sure Organic Castor Oil is one of the best oils that is highly regarded for its laxative properties. This oil is made from the best grade castor seeds gathered from certified organic farms across India and ensures total purity. It contains no chemicals, pesticides or insecticides that make it safe to use on skin and hair and also for treating several health problems.
Prominent Features of the Pure and Sure Organic Castor Oil:
- It is efficiently grown and cultivated with controlled organic farming practices
- This oil is pure, and hence, it can be used in cooking and for treating diseases
- It comes in a compact bottle which is easy to store and carry while travelling
- The Pure and Sure oil comes in two different sizes: 250 ml and 500 ml which makes it easy to try
- 100% pure and organic
- Suitable for baby massage
- Very mild fragrance
- Packaging should be of glass bottle
9. Rey Naturals Premium Cold Pressed Castor Oil
Perhaps the best castor oil for hair growth, Rey Naturals Premium Cold Pressed Castor Oil is 100% pure and cold-pressed that is unrefined, chemical-free, hexane-free, and addictive-free. This oil has a range of benefits for your skin, hair, and overall health. It is uniquely formulated with primitive ingredients and ancient remedies that are safe and effective to use.
Prominent Features of the Rey Naturals Premium Cold Pressed Castor Oil:
- It is prepared with natural formula and has several beneficial properties for hair and skincare
- It safeguards the skin from radical damage and prevents bacteria from causing acne and pimples
- This oil restores the scalp’s natural oil and revitalises the hair, reducing hair loss and promoting hair growth
- It offers softening effect that works wonders in healing dry hands and cracked feet and keeps them moisturised
- Offers thicker and darker eyebrows
- Makes eyelashes appear longer
- Repairs damaged hair
- Suitable for all hair and skin types
- Free from chemicals
- The oil is very thick and might require diluting
- It has a pungent smell that might not be liked by everyone
10. WishCare Premium Cold Pressed Castor Oil
There are several benefits of castor oil for hair and skin, and WishCare Premium Cold Pressed Castor Oil is no different. It is packed with the benefits of Ricinoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Linoleum Acid, and other highly beneficial fatty acids that provide skin and hair with a range of benefits. This oil is also helpful in treating fingernails, cracked or brittle nails, and nail strengthening.
Prominent Features of the WishCare Premium Cold Pressed Castor Oil:
- It removes dirt, grime, and makeup and offers you blemish-free and healthy looking supple skin
- This oil naturally moisturises and rehydrates the skin and hair providing you with thicker eyelashes and fuller eyebrows
- It is picked and extracted by the cold press that helps in retaining the botanical actives and maintaining the highest quality grade
- Comes with the comb applicator on the top for effective spread of oil on the scalp and making it easy to use
- Repair split ends
- Stimulates blood flow
- Soothes dry skin
- Easy to apply
- Reduces acne scars
- It might block facial pores
- It has a sticky texture
11. Deve Herbes Pure Castor Oil
Tasteless and odourless oil, Deve Herbes Pure Castor Oil is loaded with numerous hair and skin benefits. This oil nourishes the skin, softens calluses, treats cracked nails, enhances eyebrow growth, and heals chapped lips. Apart from this, it also helps in treating menstrual disorders, rheumatism, constipation, and oral problems. Such great offerings, the oil by Deve Herbes is indeed a perfect pick.
Prominent Features of the Deve Herbes Pure Castor Oil:
- Infused with Ricinoleic acid that helps in dealing with delayed, painful, or obstructed menstruation cycle and reduces the pain
- This oil has germicidal, insecticidal and fungicidal properties that safeguard scalp and hair from microbial and fungal infections
- The castor oil by Deve Herbes works the best as a laxative and is very effective in treating extreme cases of constipation
- The oil comes in a high-quality amber glass bottle and has an internal plastic euro dropper for easy usage
- Stimulates tissue growth
- It has no synthetic aroma
- Subsides the acne without drying the skin
- Pure natural therapeutic grade cold-pressed oil
- It can be mixed with other hair oil
- Not easily available in stores
12. Urban Botanics Cold Pressed Castor Oil
Powerful and effective natural castor oil by Urban Botanics is rich in vitamins and fatty acids that can be used on your face, body, hair and nails. It is a Hexane-free extraction and does not contain any chemicals or preservatives, making it fit and safe for all skin types. You can use this oil to nourish, moisturise and hydrate the skin and enjoy healthy and gorgeous hair.
Prominent Features of the Urban Botanics Cold Pressed Castor Oil:
- It is a multipurpose oil derived from selected castor seeds and extracted using the cold-press process
- The oil is rich in vitamins and fatty acids that promote better hair growth and nourish and hydrates the skin
- This oil is made in India with top-notch care and perfection using Ayurvedic expertise and industry standards
- It is a 100% natural, cruelty-free oil that is suitable for sensitive skin and can be used as makeup to remove
- Maintains softness of the skin
- Has anti-inflammatory effects
- Enhances the natural colour of hair
- Offers a radiant glow
- Rejuvenates body and skin
- Not the right choice for oily scalp
- It takes months to show the result
13. Khadi Natural Herbal Castor Oil
Khadi Natural Herbal is one of the highly trusted brands in the Indian market that is known for offering organic products. One such product is castor oil. This oil is a must-have to fulfil your ultimate hair care goals as it boosts blood circulation in the scalp and strengthens the roots to offer healthy, shiny hair. Also, it is proved helpful in treating skin infections, reducing wrinkles, and restoring the hydration of the skin.
Prominent Features of the Khadi Natural Herbal Castor Oil:
- It has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that help in dealing with multiple scalp and skin infections
- It is a moderately priced castor oil that comes in a travel-friendly, portable plastic bottle of 100 ml
- Rich in vitamin E that restores moisture to the scalp, reduces dryness, prevents hair breakage, and promotes healthy hair growth
- Regular usage of the oil prevents itchiness in the scalp and controls dandruff to provide you with a natural and effective outcome
- Encourages hair thickness
- Good emollient for dry skin
- No parabens, sulphate, or mineral oils
- Excellent for all skin types
- Minimises hair thinning
- It might take some time to notice visible results
14. Holy Natural Organic Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Organic Jamaican Black Castor Oil by Holy Natural is an incredible oil believed to support hair growth and prevent scalp damage. This oil hydrates the hair and skin and locks in the moisture to provide amazing results. It also reduces pigmentation, even out the skin tone, and enhances overall skin health. Using a few drops of this oil regularly will offer you maximum benefits.
Prominent Features of the Holy Natural Organic Jamaican Black Castor Oil :
- Stimulate the growth of the eyelashes and eyebrows and makes them thick by nourishing the hair follicles
- Contains omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids that moisturise hair and treat different problems like dandruff, flaky scalp, etc.
- Obtained through cold pressing freshly handpicked castor beans and is 100% organic, chemical-free oil
- Can be used by all hair types, including textured, curly, or straight; thick, damaged, coarse, or chemically treated or natural hair
- Support healthy hair
- Prevents split ends
- Has traditional castor beans smell
- Help in chapped lips
- Reduces dark spots
- Price could be low considering other brands
15. Nature’s Absolutes Cold Pressed Castor Carrier Oil
Nature’s Absolutes has been a trustworthy brand for a long. Hence, we highly recommend trying their castor oil if you are looking for an effective cold-pressed oil. This oil is produced keeping in mind the highest quality standards and is safe to use on hair, skin, and body. It is one of the most versatile oils that stimulate hair growth, hydrates the skin, and keeps the body smooth and soft.
Prominent Features of the Nature’s Absolutes Cold Pressed Castor Carrier Oil:
- It is not adulterated with any additives or chemicals and can be easily blended with other essential and carrier oils for effective results
- The oil works perfectly as a gentle and effective face cleanser and deeply removes dust, grime and other impurities that get settled into the skin
- It can be applied to nails for moisturising and nourishing cuticles and making them shine with renewed health and strengthening nails
- Nature’s Absolutes Castor oil is pale yellow in colour, viscous, has a distinctly pungent aroma, and comes in a travel-friendly bottle
- Gets easily absorbed
- Deeply hydrates the skin
- Heals cracked heels
- Reduce stretch marks
- Prevents premature balding
- Pungent smell that may be unpleasant to some
Castor oil is a nutrient-rich vegetable oil that is well-liked and approved by thousands of people for its various anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and medicinal properties and incredible benefits for hair and skin. Today, there are various brands offering castor oil, but we have found you the best 15 brands that provide organic oils without any chemicals or preservatives. From this list, the oils that work the best for us are Soulflower, WOW, Mamaearth, and Aroma Magic. But you must go through the entire list and pick one that suits you best.
How To Apply Castor Oil To Your Hair?
- First off, mix some argan oil or another carrier oil with your castor oil. This will make it easier to apply.
- Begin by massaging your roots and scalp. Once done, work your way up to the tips.
- Leave the oil for at least one hour.
- When you wash it off, it is best to apply some conditioner 30 minutes before taking a shower. This will make it easier to remove excess oil from your hair
- Pat your hair dry
- Remember to apply castor oil at least two-three times a week. For best results, however, apply castor oil every alternate day.
Know In Detail: How To Use Castor Oil
Does castor oil thicken hair?
Castor oil is perfect for promoting hair growth and improving thickness. It is an ideal pick for people with lesser or very thin hair who wish to promote overall hair growth. Apart from the scalp, it is also popular in promoting hair growth in eyebrows, eyelashes, and beard.
How long do I leave castor oil in my hair?
While there is no fixed time for which you need to leave castor oil in your hair, it is recommended to allow it to sit for at least 15-20 minutes. It might even be left on overnight for better results.
What can I mix with castor oil for hair?
It is a thick and viscous oil that makes it perfect to combine with other oils. You can mix castor oil with lighter oils like olive oil, sesame seed (til) oil, sunflower oil or coconut oil and make it easy to apply to your hair.
How long does it take to work?
Like most things in life, castor oil works slowly. It is not a magic potion that will give you a full set of hair overnight. It will test your patience. However, if you stay true and regular, over time, you will see that castor oil does help hair regrowth. Use it regularly, and you will see the difference.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
We have a highly-qualified team of researchers who understand the needs of the customers and test several products available in the market to provide them with the best recommendations. We take into consideration several factors along with customer reviews for an unbiased suggestion. For this best castor oil blog, we shed light on the consistency, formula, benefits, and ingredients of the oil before adding them to the list. We hope that it will help you in making the right purchase decision.