The Citi Prestige Credit Card is one of the most expensive credit cards in the market. Despite its expensive upkeep cost, we believe that this credit card is a worthwhile consideration for frequent travelers who can take advantage of the airport lounge access or complimentary hotel stays it offers.
About Citibank Prestige Credit Card
Like any super premium card, Citi Prestige Credit Card (India) would take care of all your problems. Be it Priority Pass Lounge Access, Complimentary Hotel Stays, Taj Epicure and Inner Circle Silver Membership, Golf Privileges and Reward Rate, it is as better as it can be. But in the end, it all comes down to your priority and habits.
Benefits of Citi Prestige Credit Card
Travel & Stay
Citibank Prestige Credit Card comes with various benefits while you are travelling within India or internationally. Here are some of the amazing benefits that you can get on travel and stays.
- Enjoy unlimited priority pass lounge access across 800 airports across the globe. This offer is available for primary as well as supplementary card members.
- Dive into luxury with the Citi Prestige Credit Card and get a free room-only stay at any hotel across the globe. This awesome offer is applicable on a minimum stay of 4 nights.
- Get two annual complimentary luxury airport services along with a meet and assist services. This service is available at 30 international airports within the Asia Pacific region.
Global Access & Service
Citi Prestige Credit Card offers unique benefits like getting global access and services. Here are some of the most amazing global access and services that you must know about:
- Enjoy a personalized welcome worldwide with the Citi Prestige Credit Card. Get an elevated status on loyalty programs of global members like Taj Epicure Plus Plan and Inner Circle Silver Membership.
- Get access to some of the most beautiful golf destinations across the globe along with three complimentary green fees at selective courses globally.
- You can also get 4 complimentary golf rounds and lessons every year. This offer is available at 15 leading golf clubs in India. Whereas you can also get additional rounds on the basis of spends on your Citi Prestige Credit Card.
- Explore, eat and stay in style with 33 city guides created exclusively for the Citi Prestige cardmembers by Luxe City Guides.
- Earn 1 reward point locally and 2 reward points overseas on every Rs.100 spent through your Citi Prestige Credit Card.
- Get additional bonus points for your existing relationship with Citibank Credit Card and your spends.
- Earn up to 30% bonus points over and above your regular spends. This offer is applicable on the basis of your regular spends via Citi Prestige Credit Card and if you are an existing Citigold or Citigold private client.
- You can also turn your reward points into gift vouchers from leading brands to the latest gadgets.
- Transfer your Citi Prestige Credit Card reward points to loyalty programs of many leading airlines and hotels. Now enjoy 1 Citi Prestige Reward Point= 4 Frequent Flyer Air Miles on the below-mentioned airlines.
|Air India||Eva Air|
|British Airways||Jet Airways|
|Cathay Pacific||Malaysia Airlines|
|Etihad Airways||Singapore Airlines|
|Virgin Atlantic||Thai Airways|
|Qantas||Flying Blue (Air France and KLM)|
|Qatar Airways||Turkish Airlines|
You can also transfer your reward points to Citi Bank’s luxury hotel partners.
|Taj InnerCircle||5 reward points = 1 Taj InnerCircle point|
|IHG Rewards Club||1 reward point = 4 IHG points|
- Now get instant rewards when you pay via listed online partners like MakeMyTrip, BookMyShow, Yatra, Vodafone, Goibibo, IndiGo, Shoppers Stop, Westside, Fab India, and Indian Oil.
- The ratio for redemption is: 100 reward points = Rs 100.
- You can instantly redeem your Citi reward points for Amazon and Flipkart gift vouchers.
Protection & Financial Stability
- Get medical insurance of USD 50,000 on your international travels.
- In case of any unfortunate air accident, your nominee or supplementary card member will get a cover of Rs.50,00,000.
- Get a complimentary fraud assurance of Rs.10,00,000 in case of financial losses occurred due to fraudulent activities. This must be reported within 96 hours prior and 48 hours post the fraudulent activities.
- In case you lose your card, you can call the Citi Prestige Service Line on an urgent basis. Citi Bank will immediately replace your card and provide emergency cash at your location.
- You can use your contactless Citi Credit Card for transactions up to Rs. 2000 wherein you don’t even need to use your PIN. For transactions over Rs. 2000, you can use the card by dipping or swiping.
For Credit Card Queries: Citbank Credit Card Contact Number
Features of Citibank Prestige Credit Card
- Cardholders enjoy the premium status on the loyalty programs of the card issuer’s global partners like Etihad Airways, British Airways and Taj group of hotels
- If you book a minimum 4 nights of stay through this card, then you get one night of complimentary stay at exquisite hotels across the globe
- Cardholders enjoy unlimited complimentary passes for free lounge access at more than 700 airports across the world
- You can end up saving up to 15% on business class and international first tickets with the best seven airlines in the world
- This credit card entitles you to enjoy exclusive benefits and up to 20% savings on premium luxury hotels in India
Citi Prestige Credit Card Eligibility and Documentation
Citi Prestige Credit Card Eligibility:
- Age – 21 to 65 years
- Annual Income – Rs. 300,000
Citibank Prestige Credit Card Documentation:
- PAN card photocopy or Form 60
- Colour photograph
- Income Proof: Latest Pay Slip/Form 16/IT Return copy
- Residence Proof: Passport/ Ration Card/ Electricity bill/ Landline telephone bill
- Identity Proof: Passport/ Driving License/ PAN Card/ Aadhaar card
Citibank Prestige Credit Card Advantages & Disadvantages
Citi Prestige Credit Card Advantages (Pros)
- Unlimited Priority Pass Membership
- Excellent customer service
- Impressive features
- Awesome benefits on air miles, hotels, and golf
Citibank Prestige Credit Card Disadvantages (Cons)
- High Annual Fee
- High Interest Rate
- High Foreign Currency Mark-up Fee
Citibank Prestige Credit Card Fees & Charges
|Type of Fees||Citibank Prestige Credit Card Charges|
|Annual Fee||Rs. 20,000|
|Default Charge||3.5% p.m.|
|Cash Advance charge||2.00% or Rs.300 (whichever is higher)|
|Foreign Currency markup fee||3.5%|
|Bonus Point||10,000 air miles every year
Rs. 10,000 worth Taj or ITC hotel voucher
|Rewards||1 reward point for every Rs.100 (in India)
2 reward point for every Rs.100 (internationally)
Why You Should Apply for Citi Prestige Credit Card?
- Excellent customer service
- Unlimited Priority Pass benefits
- Better Golf Privileges
- Bonus Points every year
- Impressive offers on hotels
- Good reward rate (even better if you’re a Citi Gold Customer)
How to Apply for Citibank Prestige Credit Card?
To apply for the Citi Prestige Credit Card, there are the following methods:
- Method 1: Contact the Citi Prestige Service line at +91-22-49181050, 1-800-419-1050 (toll-free)
- Method 2: SMS PRESTIGE to 52484. For subscribers other than Aircel / Airtel / Vodafone / Idea, send the SMS to +919880752484
One simpler way to apply for the Vistara Infinite Credit Card is through BankBazaar.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I increase my Citibank Credit Card Limit in India?
You can increase your Citibank credit card limit by logging in to your Citibank account. Simply click on ‘Services’ and select ‘Card Service’. Now choose ‘Temporary Credit Card Limit Increase’ or ‘Permanent Credit Card Limit Increase’. Fill in the necessary information like the desired credit limit, effective date and the reason for the increase. Remember that the credit card limit lasts up to 60 days from the date of approval by Citi.
Is Citi Prestige a Visa or Mastercard?
Citi Prestige Credit Card is a Mastercard.
How much is a Citi point worth?
A city point is worth Rs.100/- if spent domestically. Whereas you can earn 2 reward points on a spend of Rs.100/- Internationally.
How much are 50000 Citi points worth?
Each City Point is worth Rs.100/-, so 50,000 City Points would be worth (50,000×100) Rs.5000000.
How do I claim my Citibank reward points?
You can log in to Citibank’s app and check the status of your reward points. You can then claim the reward points using various retailers or get them changed to Amazon and Flipkart gift vouchers. You can also call the Citibank customer care for details.
Is there any insurance cover on Citi Prestige Credit Card?
Yes, Citibank Prestige Credit Card comes with an insurance policy wherein you are entitled to get overseas medical insurance of USD 50,000. It offers another insurance cover in which your nominee or supplementary cardholder is entitled to get a cover of Rs.50,00,000 in case of an unfortunate air accident.
Is there any protection policy for the loss of card?
Yes, Citibank offers Citi Prestige Credit Card customers complimentary fraud insurance of Rs.3,00,000. This must be reported within or before 96 hours of theft or damage and 48 hours after a damage or loss.
What are the benefits of Citi Prestige credit cards related to city guides?
With Citi Prestige Credit Card, you can explore, eat and stay with 33 city guides which are exclusively created for the Citi Prestige cardmembers by Luxe City Guides.
What are the airline benefits a City Prestige cardholder is entitled to?
There are various airline benefits a City Prestige cardholder is entitled to. Here are some of the most important ones:
- Get elevated status for loyalty programs with Citi’s global partners like Taj, Hilton, Etihad, British Airways and more.
- You can convert your Citi reward points to air miles at any given time.
- Get two annual complimentary luxury airport services accompanied by a meet and assist services. It is available at 30 international airports within the Asia Pacific Region.