Table of Contents
- 1 Best Essential Oils For Oily Hair
- 2 What Makes Your Scalp Oily?
- 3 Add More Oil? Really?
- 4 Properties Of Essential Oil That Treat An Oily Scalp
- 5 How It Works: Benefits Of Essential Oils For An Oily Scalp
- 6 How To Use Essential Oils On An Oily Scalp
- 7 A Final Word Of Caution
- 8 Similar Stories About Ayurvedic Oils
We live in a world that is full of pollution and dust which ruins our hair. Some of us just have the wrong genes that ruin our hair. The truth is, most of us suffer from hair problems. The worst hair problem you can have is a combination of dry hair and an oily scalp. This seems like a condition almost impossible to treat.
Well, we have tried to make possible that which seems impossible. Read on to know how to treat an oily scalp and hair.
Best Essential Oils For Oily Hair
- Lavender Essential Oi
- Rosemary Essential Oil
- Lemon Essential Oil
- Cedarwood Essential Oil
- Chamomile Essential Oils
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil
You Can Also Read: Benefits of Natural Oils For Hair Regrowth
What Makes Your Scalp Oily?
Our bodies make oil naturally. Scientists call this oil sebum. You have sebaceous glands that make this oil to keep your skin moisturized. Sometimes, people have sebaceous glands that are overly active. This results in excess oil production. Excess oil gets deposited on your scalp and is what we call an ‘oily scalp’.
Massaging your scalp with certain oils can solve this problem.
Add More Oil? Really?
Yes! More oil is the solution to an oily scalp problem. It seems counter-intuitive at first. However, there are certain types of oil that will treat an oily scalp without letting your hair appear greasy.
Essential oils are different from the oils you use to cook food. Essential oils are lighter and hence don’t look greasy. Furthermore, essential oils also penetrate deep into your scalp. This too prevents from making your hair look too oily.
Check Out: Benefits of Ayurvedic Oil For Hair Growth
Properties Of Essential Oil That Treat An Oily Scalp
Essential oils have certain properties that make them extremely effective in treating an oily scalp. You should look for these properties when you’re looking for an essential oil to treat an oily scalp.
- Soothing for itchy scalp
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial
- Anti-septic and anti-viral
How It Works: Benefits Of Essential Oils For An Oily Scalp
- When you apply certain essential oils, you control the amount of sebum produced by your scalp.
- Also, you kill bacteria, fungus and moisturize your dry hair which improves overall hair health.
- Essential oils reach deep into your follicles and nourish them.
- This makes your hair strong and long.
- You also get shiny hair
How To Use Essential Oils On An Oily Scalp
You should never apply essential oils directly on your scalp. They can cause inflammation and irritation. The best way to apply these oils is to dilute them in a carrier oil. You can then use this mixture to massage your scalp. Here are some great carrier oils you can use:
- Sweet Almond Oil
- Argan Oil
- Bees wax
A Final Word Of Caution
Make sure to do a patch test before applying these oils. Some people might be allergic to certain oil.
- Drop a few drops of oil on a small patch of skin
- Wait for 24 hours
- If no allergic reaction occurs, the oil is safe to use