Tired of lugging around huge cameras on your favourite trips or getting annoyed over those mediocre phone selfies? An action camera is a great way to capture all the action around you, especially if you’re into sporting activities and want portability with quality. If you’re as convinced about switching to this compact and powerful version for capturing the most spontaneous moments of your life, here is our take on the best action cameras in India.
This nifty travel companion allows you to shoot 4K videos, time-lapses, and slow-motion shots with super smooth stabilisation. Many action cameras come with additional accessories like a waterproof case, external microphones, and mounting accessories to make your adventure shots more thrilling. Check out our list of some of the best action cameras you can try out this year. Also, have a look at some of the best DSLRs and drone cameras in India.
How Do We Research the Best Action Cameras For You?
If you’re someone who is fond of capturing day-to-day activities or your adventures, an action camera is what you need. They are ultra-compact cameras with advanced features to record whenever you are immersed in the action. In India, you can get your hand on one of the best action cameras on a budget of Rs 5,000 to Rs 45,000.
Here are some of the factors that helped us find some of the best action camera options for you.
If you are buying a camera, checking the video quality is critical. Its capturing should be clear, crisp, and immersive. This is why we have listed high-resolution cameras that are perfect for providing you with well-defined images or videos.
Size and Shape
Cameras come in different shapes and sizes and should be picked according to comfort and recording requirements. If you want to fix your camera on your helmet, bike handle, or a stand, then you must go for a square-shaped, small-size camera.
An action camera must have a higher battery life to prevent you from sticking in between with a dead camera. It must have the capacity to film for 3 hours. However, if you are looking forward to shooting high-resolution videos or photos, you must choose a camera with higher battery life. In short, the decision will depend upon your photography goals.
List Of Top 11 Action Cameras in India to Capture Your Next Adventure
On this page:
- 1. DJI OSMO Action Camera
- 2. GoPro Hero 8 Action Camera
- 3. FitSpark Eagle i9 Action Camera
- 4. SJCAM SJ6 Legend Sports Action Camera
- 5. Procus Viper PR08 Action Camera
- 6. AKASO Brave 7 LE Action Camera
- 7. FitSpark Eagle iMax Action Camera
- 8. Insta360 ONE R Action Camera
- 9. GoPro Hero 9 Action Camera
- 10. SJCAM SJ4000 Sports Action Camera
- 11. DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Camera
- Which action camera is best in India?
- Does GoPro have a zoom feature?
1. DJI OSMO Action Camera
The DJI OSMO Action Camera is packed with advanced technology that combines electronic image stabilisation (EIS) with complex algorithms to deliver stable, shake-free footage irrespective of the action you are on. This action camera is equipped with a 12MP wide-angle lens that allows you to shoot 4K videos in HDR format and slow-motion videos at 240 fps.
Prominent Features of the DJI OSMO Action Camera:
- Can capture 8x slow motion with 1080p resolution and 240fps
- 40K/60fps at 100Mbps recording provides high-quality footage while painting the sharp details
- It has three aspherical layers lens that reduces glare and discolouration and provides clear footage even in sunlight
- HDR recording
- Voice control
- Highly durable
- Does not come with a battery
Why We Picked the DJI OSMO Action Camera?
One of the best action cameras, this device shoots with 1080p resolution even at 8x slow motion and features a dual-screen both at the front and the back for better shots. It dramatically enhances the details and lets the user record HDR videos at 145° wide-angle. Beyond this, it features an 11m waterproof, temperature-resistant touchscreen with hydrophobic coating making it a perfect companion in cold-environment and even underwater.
2. GoPro Hero 8 Action Camera
The GoPro Hero 8 Black is equipped with a digital lens that allows you to tap through four shooting modes – narrow, distortion-free linear, wide, and super-view. It has an improved HyperSmooth 2.0 mode to offer multiple levels of stabilisation. The TimeWarp 2.0 effect allows you to shoot timelapse videos with automatic or manual speed selection through a 12MP lens.
Prominent Features of the GoPro Hero 8 Action Camera:
- It has revamped algorithm that kills the blur, improves contrast, and excellent action shots with ultimate clarity
- Multiple levels of image stabilisation and radical enhancement with HyperSmooth 2.0
- 4 lens viewing settings: Narrow, distortion-free linear, Wide and Superview for getting the best view
- Automatic speed adjustment
- Improved mic
- Waterproof camera
- In-built mounting arms
- The screen is small in comparison to other cameras
Why We Picked the GoPro Hero 8 Action Camera?
The best GoPro camera for vloggers, it has an improved HDR that allows you to crank up the contrast and reduce blur. GoPro Hero 8 Action camera shoots impressive 4k videos with excellent stabilisation for recording even when you are on the move. Released in 2019, it is jam-packed with great features that make it a compelling mid-price purchase.
3. FitSpark Eagle i9 Action Camera
The FitSpark Eagle i9 Action Camera features a real 4K UHD recording up to 60 fps. Waterproof up to 40 meters with its specialised waterproof case, it comes with a 6-axis gyroscope to provide image stabilisation and deliver smooth videos even while capturing high-speed objects. The camera is WiFi-enabled and has a 2-inch main LCD screen and a 1.3-inch front LCD screen.
Prominent Features of the FitSpark Eagle i9 Action Camera:
- Features EIS, Anti Shake Function, which makes it capable of shooting stable, clear images even when it is subject to knocks and bumps
- It has a 170° wide-angle lens with an adjustable field of view for capturing massive views without losing any details
- Designed with a high capacity 1350 mAh removable battery with low power dissipation for providing you with long shooting hours
- 4K recording up to 60 fps
- 70% less power consumption
- Additional 18 mounting accessories
- 2nd best chipset in the world
- There is no battery indicator
Why We Picked the FitSpark Eagle i9 Action Camera?
One of the best 4K action cameras, it has two rechargeable 1350 mAh batteries and mounting accessories and is compatible for use with your favourite GoPro as well. Unlike other cameras, it can shoot incredibly smooth, sharp images in ultra-high resolution and cinema-quality. It features 2.5mm external mic support that reduces unwanted ambient noise and provides a clear audio recording experience.
4. SJCAM SJ6 Legend Sports Action Camera
The SJCAM Legend SJ6 has a 16MP lens with adjustable viewing angles that can capture 170-degree wide-angle shots. The best budget action camera features a 2-inch LCD touch screen to tweak the settings, while the 0.96-inch front screen lets you view the settings for your footage. This action camera can shoot 4K videos at 24 fps.
Prominent Features of the SJCAM SJ6 Legend Sports Action Camera:
- The gyro stabilisation allows you to capture smooth, shake-free videos and cinematic slow motions even on the move
- Has dual microphones, one on the front and one on the side, that records extremely clear audio while blocking out unwanted background noise
- Features dual 2″ LCD touch screen and a 0.96″ front screen with adjustable viewing angles for perfect shots
- 4K videos at 24 fps
- 16MP camera
- Easy cloud sharing
- Up to 30 meters of water-resistance
Why We Picked the SJCAM SJ6 Legend Sports Action Camera?
It’s time to boost your camera experience with SJCAM Legend Sports Action Camera. It is a stylish yet durable camera that delivers outstanding performance with clean and crisp footage. The camera is equipped with an Ambarella CPU and a Sony Sensor IMX377 that introduces you to the whole new realm of cinematography and lets you capture smoother, clearer, and more detailed films.
5. Procus Viper PR08 Action Camera
Infused with the latest chip, Procus Viper PR08 is a perfect action camera to record all the adventures in high quality. It includes a waterproof case to record underwater adventures and comes with 12+ mounting accessories for the perfect motor vlogging experience. With incredible features and more refined capturing, this camera is definitely one to consider.
Prominent Features of the Procus Viper PR08 Action Camera:
- Boasts 140° wide-angle lens for maximum field coverage and 2-inch LCD HD display for any time preview
- It is a sleek, exquisite design camera with a skin-friendly texture that looks classy and is compatible with both Android and iOS devices
- Includes a 30m waterproof case for filming underneath the water and a 900 mAh battery for getting rid of power woes and enjoying continuous recording
- Time-lapse recording
- Up to 10 meters of WiFi signals
- 8x slow-motion recording
- 4K 30Fps video and 16MP photos
- Poor sensitivity to indoor lighting
Why We Picked the Procus Viper PR08 Action Camera?
Procus Viper PR08 Action Camera is one of the best action cameras on a budget. This high-quality camera features the latest chipset that works wonders in capturing detailed, clean, and crisp photos and videos. Using this camera, you can capture stabilised time-lapse videos both underwater and in extreme weather conditions.
6. AKASO Brave 7 LE Action Camera
From extreme mountain ranges to deep-level seas, AKASO Brave 7 LE Action Camera will be your all-time companion. It is a weather-proof, water-resistant camera that can go down to 131FT/40M and does not get affected by rain, snow and water splashing. This makes it a perfect camera for easing your vlogging experience while making your adventure recording more fun.
Prominent Features of the AKASO Brave 7 LE Action Camera:
- It can record hyper-quality 4K videos at 30Fps and 20MP photos without missing out on any details and capturing everything with clarity
- Has dual colour convenient screen design that lets you change the frame between front and back and makes it easy to take selfies
- The camera is jam-packed with professional features like multiple shooting modes, digital zoom function, time-lapse, and burst photo
- Slow and fast motion image capturing
- Outstanding image stabilisation
- Built-in HDMI port
- Intuitive touch screen
- Jumpy electronic stabilisation
7. FitSpark Eagle iMax Action Camera
The FitSpark Eagle SJCAM action camera features dual colour screens – an intuitive 2-inch rear touch screen for settings and a 1.4-inch front screen that lets you take selfies. It is equipped with a 16MP lens that can shoot up to 4K videos at 30 fps, timelapse, and slow-motion videos. It is also embedded with a 6-axis gyro chip and advanced EIS to capture fluid super-smooth shots without any bumps or jerks.
Prominent Features of the FitSpark Eagle iMax Action Camera:
- It has a long-lasting 1050 mAh battery that lets you shoot continuous videos without the need for frequent recharges
- Features next-gen IMX386 CMOS sensor with true 4K colour saturation for an unmatched image or video quality
- Comes with a dual colour screen to take clear selfies in all weather conditions in real, natural colours
- 4K videos at 30 fps
- Image stabilisation for super-fluid videos
- Time-lapse and slow-motion modes
- Waterproof case effective up to 40 metres
8. Insta360 ONE R Action Camera
Insta360 ONE R Action Camera is a rugged design camera that is engineered to stay safe in all conditions and absorb shocks effectively. It is integrated with a 360-degree panoramic lens that lets you capture all your adventures at a super 5.7K resolution for exceptionally detailed, smooth images. This mini-masterpiece is, indeed, an incredible purchase for recording all your actions.
Prominent Features of the Insta360 ONE R Action Camera:
- Comes with night scene mode to get master shots with natural, clear and vibrant detailing even in low light
- The voice command feature of the camera lets you control the camera and initiate shooting even when it is out of your reach
- It has a GPS-enabled stats dashboard that overlays clips with data like altitude, speed, direction and route to map your journey and keep track of your adventure
- 20MP camera
- 4K videos at 30 fps
- Highly sensitive IPS touchscreen
- Lens angle adjustable up to 170 degrees
- The touchscreen is relatively smaller in size
9. GoPro Hero 9 Action Camera
The only thing better than the usual GoPro action camera is that GoPro Hero 9 comes with 5K ultra-HD video at 30 fps and 4k at 60 fps. Packed with a 20MP camera, it shoots crisp, professional-like pictures thanks to HyperSmooth 3.0. The TimeWarp 3.0 feature allows you to capture mesmerising time-lapse and slow-motion shots with abject clarity and colour.
Prominent Features of the GoPro Hero 9 Action Camera:
- It comes with a front display and a rear touchscreen and is a powerhouse of energy with a 1730 mAh battery backup
- Provides hyper smooth stabilisation during 1080p live streaming and auto saves the footage on the SD card
- Has a front display with a larger rear touch screen and touch zoom feature for easy framing and intuitive camera control
- Longer battery life
- 20MP camera
- 5K ultra-HD video at 30 fps
- 23.6MP sensor for super-sharp images
- Does not have any warranty
- Not made for low-light recording
10. SJCAM SJ4000 Sports Action Camera
One of the most popular and best action cameras in the market, the SJCAM SJ4000 Sports Camera has durable hardshell construction and comes in a sleek and sturdy waterproof case for safe usage during all activities. Comes with a 12-megapixel sensor; you can easily shoot 1080P videos and take crisp, detailed, and clear photos with it.
Prominent Features of the SJCAM SJ4000 Sports Action Camera:
- It is a pocket-size, lightweight action camera that weighs just 58 grams and is easy to carry everywhere
- Supports WiFi, SD card, and USB charging for easy transfer of files from device to system or even online
- Available in 8 cool colours making it easy to get the product that suits your personality
- 170º wide angle
- HD resolution recording
- 30M water-resistant
- 2-inch LCD screen
- Inadequate battery backup
11. DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Camera
One of the best action cameras on the list, DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Camera is a unique magnetic design camera that lets you effortlessly switch out the accessories and capture all the moments hands-free. It has a sleek, minimalistic look with a smooth, solid finish that is easy to hold and looks great. Using this, you can capture crisp details with ease.
Prominent Features of the DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Camera:
- It is a Horizonsteady camera with an outstanding stabilisation algorithm that manages the footage level and corrects the camera shaking
- This all-terrain camera is drop-proof, dustproof, and waterproof and comes with gorilla glass on the lens for higher durability
- Features front-facing OLED touchscreen, 4-mic Matrix Stereo, and powerful Lithium batteries that can run for 160 minutes straight
- Dual touchscreen interface
- 10m Waterproof
- Super wide field of view
- Comes with fewer accessories
We also do recommend you to check this amazing list of CCTV cameras in India that will help your in choosing right surveillance camera for your work and house.
For capturing your outdoor adventures, an action camera is what you should get. It is a small, simple, easy-to-use yet tough camera that will be your best friend in every action. If you are interested in filming your life, we have listed some of the best action cameras for you. While GoPro leads the way for a conventional action camera, SJCAM and DJI also worked the best for us. They are durable, high-performance, feature-packed, and value-for-money options. But you must check out all the options as every camera has something unique to offer that you will definitely be going to love.
Which action camera is best in India?
GoPro, FitSpark, and DJI cameras are considered the best action cameras in India.
Does GoPro have a zoom feature?
Recent versions of GoPro cameras come with a zoom feature that works great in both video and photo capturing. However, if you are going for an older version, you might not find this feature.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
We at CashKaro, have a team of skilled, enthusiastic researchers who tests various products and compares them to find the best of the best recommendations. For fetching out this list of best action cameras, we took into consideration their weight, video quality, price, and add-on features for the ultimate filming experience. We hope that this list will help you find your dream action camera.