Attars are used by many on different occasions. Some use them for religious purposes, and others use them as perfumes. It has been available in the Indian fragrance market for a long time, and its popularity remains intact even today. Not surprisingly, an array of companies in India has included attars in their product range, and some even are focused on making quality attars only. On that note, below goes a list of the best attar companies in India.
Our Top Picks:
How Do We Choose the Best Attar Brands for You?
Among the many attar brands available in India, you can pick the best one for you by evaluating a few factors. The price range is one such factor. Other than the price range, here are a few things to keep in mind.
Having a good amount of options is helpful. A brand which offers multiple attars with a variety of fragrances will be ideal for you. This is because you will not have to find a different brand each time you need a different fragrance.
Often, attars are directly applied to the skin. Hence, you have to pick a brand that uses skin-friendly ingredients. Look for a brand that mainly uses natural ingredients and no alcohol in its products.
This is a feature that everyone wants in their attars, perfumes, deos, body sprays, and so on. You should always go for an attar brand that offers long-lasting fragrances.
List of 12 Best Attar Brands in India
INDRA SUGANDH BHANDAR
INDRA SUGANDH BHANDAR has been offering high-quality attars, puja items, and fragrances to Indian customers since it was founded in 1958. The brand ensures that all its products are made with pure essential oils and no alcohol. Plus, all its products are also suitable for religious uses.
Notable Features of INDRA SUGANDH BHANDAR:
- Attars by this brand are made using some of the richest essential oils available in the world, which are obtained from organic and fresh flowers.
- With only one application, its authentic fragrance will cling to you for hours because only the best natural ingredients are used in their production.
- The attars can be applied on a daily basis, and they do not cause any side effects.
- The attars come in a variety of tones, but some of the more well-known ones are Gulab, white Chandan, and Kesar Chandan.
- Roll-on bottles
- Fragrances that last long
- No alcohol
- Sulphate free
- Available in different sizes
- Wide variety
- Value for money
Why We Picked INDRA SUGANDH BHANDAR?
It is one of the best attar companies in India, and each of its attars is carefully examined before being packed, ensuring that buyers only receive the highest-quality fragrances. Additionally, the brand ensures that the items are wrapped securely to ensure leak-free delivery to the customers.
Parag Fragrances is a company that manufactures and markets a variety of perfumes, attars and scents. It was established in 1974 and makes its scents with organic components, including vegetable oils and essential oils.
Notable Features of Parag Fragrances:
- This brand only uses natural, pure ingredients for creating its fragrances.
- They are suitable for all religious purposes, including prayer, namaz, and other devotional practices.
- It may have India’s widest collection of attars, with half a thousand fragrances to pick from.
- The attars offered by this brand are quite special and unique since they are made using the traditional “bhapka” method.
- These attars have extremely natural fragrances that remain for a long time on the skin and clothing.
- Impressive variety
- Durable scents
- Natural ingredients
- A bit expensive
Why We Picked Parag Fragrances?
A prominent attar company in India, Parag Fragrances provides a vast variety of uniquely scented attars. Among them are Mitti, Himalaya Kasturi, Gold Kasturi, Amber Oudh, and many more. Moreover, only natural substances are used in the production of each one.
Adilqadri, which was established in 2018, quickly rose to the top of the Indian perfume industry. The company is well-known for its high-end scents, and its primary product categories include incense sticks, room fresheners, attars, deodorants, and perfume sprays.
Notable Features of AdilQadri:
- All the attars offered by this brand are made of high-quality ingredients and are completely safe to apply on the skin.
- The attars come in travel-sized, portable bottles and may be used without reluctance on a regular basis.
- The attar delivers classy aromas that will help you stand out from the crowd.
- These roll-on attars feature a variety of aromas to choose from, including fresh fruity scents, woody and spicy scents, and sweet vanilla scents.
- 100% non-alcoholic attars
- Long-lasting scent
- No animal testing
- Not a particularly wide range
- A bit pricey
Why We Picked AdilQadri?
AdilQadri is quickly becoming one of the best attar brands in India. The attars by this brand are exceptionally long-lasting and have 100% pure, alcohol-free aromas that are guaranteed to make an impression on everyone you come in contact with.
Menjewell, an Indian brand established in 2014, is managed by a business named Rich and Famous. With over eight years of expertise in the perfume industry, this brand is a significant producer and supplier of attars, essential oils, luxury perfumes, and many more products.
Notable Features of Menjewell:
- This brand creates attars with distinctive and enticing smells for both men and women of all ages.
- It is particularly well-known for its lavender-scented attar, which provides the authentic, unadulterated aroma of fresh lavender plants.
- Several classic fragrances are also available, including Gulab, mogra, sandalwood, kewda, and so on.
- Along with these traditional fragrances, it also features some exotic attars, including denim, aqua blue, and Menjewell mitti.
- Good range of attars
- Free of alcohol
- Refillable bottle
- Unisex attars
- Durable fragrance
- Made of natural ingredients
- On the expensive side
Why We Picked Menjewell?
Menjewell, one of the top attar brands in India, is well renowned for providing long-lasting scents. The company has been working hard since its founding to continuously develop new scents that would appeal to Indian consumers.
Established in India in 2010, Kazima is a well-known producer, importer, and distributor of a premium selection of attars, roll-on fragrances, essential oils, and edible oils. Along with attars, the brand also sells face cleansers, body lotion, scrubs, creams, and other skincare items.
Notable Features of KAZIMA:
- Kazima is particularly well-known for its Royal Mughlai sweet attar, a wholly pure and genuinely delicious attar.
- It may be used to enhance the flavour of a variety of foods, including chicken, biryani, mutton, and kababs as well as desserts like ice cream and milkshakes.
- Additionally, it provides flowery and spicy scent attars, frequently used in goods like incense sticks and cologne.
- The attars made by this brand are excellent for therapy purposes as well.
- 100% vegetarian
- Free of chemicals
- Offers non-alcoholic attars
- No paraben or sulphate
- No added preservatives
- Offers edible attars
- Value for money
Why We Picked KAZIMA?
It’s among the most popular Indian attar brands. Moreover, under the supervision of qualified experts, all of its attars are created utilising top-of-the-line ingredients and cutting-edge processing techniques in accordance with the established industry standards.
Arochem is a reputable brand in the perfume industry. It has been offering fragrances since five decades ago, from 1969 to be more precise. Over many years, it has built up a solid R&D department and has continued to use cutting-edge techniques to grow its market.
Notable Features of Arochem:
- The attars sold by this brand are made from a variety of fragrant herbs, spices, sandalwood oil, flowers, and leaves extracts.
- These attars are appropriate for every occasion because of their pleasant, warm and refreshing scent.
- This company sells attars that are completely safe to use and are created with harmless components.
- The attars have a long-lasting scent that can linger for up to 48 hours.
- Wide range
- Has alcohol-free attars
- More suitable for men
The RUPAWAT Perfumery House
The RUPAWAT Perfumery House is an attar company that produces pure and all-natural attar for men and women. Along with attars, the company also offers roll-on perfumes, dhoop and incense sticks for religious use.
Notable Features of Exotix Fragrance Exotix Fragrance:
- The brand offers an exotic range of long-lasting perfumes.
- All natural ingredients and essential oils are used in making each product.
- The fragrances include natural elements such as rose water, sandalwood, saffron, and jasmine.
- The Mitti Di Khushboo Perfume by this brand is one of the most popular ones.
- These attars are suitable for both men and women.
- Good variety
- No alcohol
- Some products can be expensive
AHSAN is inspired by purity, peace, and prosperity. These three factors have greatly influenced the brand and the makings of all its products. A wide range of attar, perfumes, deos, air fresheners, and agarbattis are included in its product list.
Notable Features of AHSAN:
- Perfume oils derived from herbs, flowers, spices, and other natural sources are used in the ASHAN attars.
- You will get floral, fruity, aqua, wood, musk, oud, oriental, and many other fragrances at ASHAN.
- The fragrances are generally available in roll-ons.
- Natural ingredients
- Multiple fragrances
- Some attars can be heavy on the wallet
Ajmal Perfumes has a rich heritage and legacy carried by the third generation of its founder Haji Ajmal. The brand considers the art of perfumery to be science. With over 300 fragrances, the brand has a strong international presence.
Notable Features of Ajmal Perfumes:
- All of its products are 100% original.
- With six decades-long experience backing the team, all products represent skilled craftsmanship.
- The brand does a thorough quality check before introducing any of its products to the market.
- It has attars suitable for different occasions as well as regular use.
- Different fragrances available
- Available for both men and women
- On the expensive side
Al-Nuaim shows a blend of authenticity and luxury. Its list of products includes bakhoor, perfume, body spray, and air fresheners. It is also one of India’s attar top brands.
Notable Features of Al-Nuaim:
- Its products are natural and pure.
- You can pick from multiple fragrances.
- Attars are available for both men and women.
- Lasts long
- Quality attars
While looking for the best attar brands, the ALMAS PERFUMES is a must-consider. Established in 1950, the brand has been making constant efforts to redefine the Indian fragrance industry.
Notable Features of ALMAS PERFUMES:
- The company has a multiple attar series, each filled with specialised and rare products.
- It keeps a close eye on the quality while manufacturing its products.
- Other than its existing range of attar, the company offers customisation for different occasions and events.
- Its team of experienced and skilled professionals are well-supported by state-of-the-art technology and machinery.
- A long line of products
- Customisation available
- Some expensive products
Manasik is one of the lesser-known brands, but it has multiple products on Amazon. The brand blends nature and luxury in its attars.
Notable Features of MANASIK:
- Its products are made with the finest natural ingredients.
- It has perfumes for both men and women.
- All the attars have a rich aroma.
- Several fragrances
- Suitable for all ages
- Usable for different purposes
- Lasts long
- Zero alcohol
- Not heavy on the wallet
All the attar brands in India mentioned on this list offer quality products. Most of them use natural ingredients and offer skin-friendly attars. So, you can pick any of them. Also, you will have some luxury as well as some pocket-friendly brands. That being said, INDRA SUGANDH BHANDAR and Parag Fragrances are the two top choices.
Which is the best attar in India?
Mitti attar (Scent of rain), Ruh Gulab, Ruh Khus, Saffron, and Jasmine are some of the best attars in India.
Which is the best brand of attar?
While all the brands listed here are some of the best, brands like Ajmal and Al-Nuaim are quite popular.
Which attar is best and long-lasting?
All attars are best and long-lasting. Attars are made using natural ingredients and are oil-based. They are usually derived through steam distillation and can often last for about 2-3 days. They are highly potent fragrances, and only a dab is enough for a long-lasting scent. They are applied on clothes, and you should avoid putting dark attars on clothes as they can leave a mark.
Which country is famous for attar?
India is famous for attar.
Which state in India is famous for attar?
Kannauj in Uttar Pradesh is famous for the production of attar. The place is also known as the ‘perfume capital of India.’
Does the attar expire?
Pure attars do not expire if stored correctly. Some even smell better with time. However, some factors like temperature and exposure to light might oxidize the extracts, reducing the strength or changing the fragrance a little.
Is attar better than perfume?
Attars are concentrated oil-based fragrances that last for a very long time, and some may not like their strength. But generally, attars are better than perfumes as they are made from a steam-distillation process and have no toxic substances. They are also bio-degradable.
How do I apply attar?
Attars can be applied to your clothes or your skin. Dab some on your pulse points, like your wrists or the back of your earlobe. Remember not to use too much attar as it can be very strong.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
The team of experts at CashKaro depends on thorough research and uses accurate information while reviewing any brand or product. All essential attributes are checked before writing each review. The same review policy has been followed before making this list of India’s top attar brands. Their features and products are adequately evaluated before presenting the best ones to you.