Men often like to experiment with their bearded look, but grey hair can ruin the whole idea of sporting a full beard for those who don’t prefer the salt-and-pepper look. Enter beard colours. Beard colours come in handy to give your beard a rather youthful and nourished appearance. However, not all hair colours are created equal and hence, it is essential to choose the best beard colours for your beard and facial hair.
Beard colours or dyes are chemical-free and are designed to tailor to beard hair and facial skin needs. Pretty straightforward in application, use beard colours on your facial hair, sideburns, and moustache as directed, and rock your beard the way you like it. We bring you some of the best beard colours available out there to blur away even the most silver of your beard and moustache hairs. In addition, we suggest picking wisely, as using access colours can damage your Beard growth.
|Our Top Recommendations||Best Prices on Amazon|
|Just For Men||Check Prices|
How Do We Choose the Best Beard Colour Brands for You?
Many men first discover grey hairs in their beards before they see them on their heads. While some men may not worry about this, others may. If you’re one of those who worry about colouring their beard, a quality beard colour is your greatest friend. In India, good quality beard colour costs anywhere between Rs 230 and Rs 800. Before you go through our suggestions of the best beard brands that are available in India, we would love it if you first go through the factors that we took into consideration while deciding on the best products for you.
The first thing you should consider while buying a beard colour is its ingredients. We recommend that you stay away from anything ammonia-based. When ammonia is present in a dye, you can smell it. Ammonia facilitates dyes’ penetration of the hair cuticle, hence causing cuticle damage.
Second, you must stay away from a substance known as PPD (which stands for Para-phenylenediamine). These are far more likely to cause an allergic response and are more prevalent in permanent hair dyes than demi-permanent ones.
In order to avoid this, you can substitute it with the substance HPPS. HPPS has a reaction rate that is more than six times lower than PPD’s, making it a considerably more desirable component in all hair colour recipes. HPPS and PTDS are safer alternatives.
Selecting a Formula
Beard dye formulations are available in two types. Demi-permanent dyes assist in producing a more realistic gradient by ‘blending’ greys or blondes into the original colour. However, they gradually fade over a few weeks. Permanent dyes dye your beard evenly and normally won’t fade with time.
Choosing a Shade
Go one shade lighter than you may anticipate when selecting the colour of your beard. This is because you can always go darker but not lighter. Additionally, since your beard is already black, the dye will have less of an effect on them. You may successfully blend in any stray greys or blondes. Dark hair does not accept dye well unless it has previously been bleached.
List of 11 Best Beard Colours
On this page:
Bigen Men’s Beard Color is specially enriched with olive oil and aloe extract. This long-lasting natural black colour is a high-viscosity cream that stains perfectly without any dripping. Easily apply the hair colour to any part of your beard to attain the desired colour in a few minutes.
Prominent Features of the Bigen Beard Colour:
- Bigen Beard Colour effectively conceals grey hairs without leaving any traces on your skin
- Even for short beard styles, the rapid touch comb makes it simple to apply to any section of the beard or moustache
- The product has olive oil and aloe extract added for particular enrichment
- The thick cream perfectly covers your beard without spilling
- No ammonia
- Olive oil and aloe vera composition
- Easy application
- Comes in a complete kit
Why We Picked the Bigen Beard Colour?
This beard colour from Bigen contains no ammonia and is enriched with aloe extracts and olive oil, making it safer on the skin. This popular pick in our list of best beard colours comes in a complete kit with an applicator comb, mixing tray and gloves.
2. Just For Men
Looking for the best beard colour to give your greying beard a natural full black coverage? This Just For Men Moustache and Beard hair colour gives your hair a well-groomed look by getting rid of the greys in just 5 minutes.
Prominent Features of the Just For Men Beard Colour:
- The beard colour has a fast and easy brush-in-gel formula that makes it easier to apply
- Contains biotin, aloe, chamomile, vitamin E, and coconut oil that add nourishment and colour to your hair
- The Just For Men Beard Colour is durable and lasts for a long time
- Non-drip gel formula
- Makes hair thick and conditioned
- Works in 5 minutes
Why We Picked the Just For Men Beard Colour?
The Just For Men Beard Colour is free from ammonia. It is a non-drip shampoo-in formula that lasts long without causing any damage to your beard.
This natural black colour from Urbangabru contains all-natural ingredients with the power of henna powder. Its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties make it safe to be used on facial skin. It instantly covers your greys to give your moustache and beard a healthier and fuller look.
Prominent Features of the Urbangabru Beard Colour:
- Henna powder is used in the Urbangabru beard colour to produce a long-lasting, natural black beard
- Urbangabru Bear Colour is simple to wash without shampoo or other soap and is free from parabens or sulphates
- The beard colour is not processed or combined with chemicals or additives and thus, there is no possibility of experiencing skin irritation or burns
- Henna powder
- Free from sulphates and parabens
- Free brush
Why We Picked the Urbangabru Beard Colour?
One of the best beard colours, Urbangabru it is enriched with natural Henna powder and is free from parabens and sulphates free. The colour is long-lasting and does not cause skin burns or irritation.
If you are looking for a beard colour to give your greys a shiny black colour in an instant, this beard colour by Colorina will have you covered. An ammonia-free solution to colour your grey beard, this beard colour gives the best results in just 5 minutes. It is enriched with black seed oil, henna, green apple extract, natural argan oil, vitamin E, and aloe vera.
Prominent Features of the Colorina Beard Colour:
- Your beard and moustache hair will become black in only 5 minutes using Colorina beard dye
- The Colorina Beard Colour is durable and will endure for at least 3 to 4 weeks
- The high-tech blackening colour formula uses non-toxic ingredients and has no negative side effects on your face skin
- This product gives hair a luxuriously smooth and nourishing feel since it is enriched with natural oils and herbal extracts
- Fast action, works in 5 minutes
- Naturally powered formula
- Colours hair, not skin
Why We Picked the Colorina Beard Colour?
One of the best beard colours, this beard colour from Colrina is enriched with natural and herbal extracts. It is a skin-friendly product that does not cause any allergies or side effects.
Moreover, we would also like you to check our latest blog, where we have mentioned some of the best beard growth oils in India. Do have a look and let us know if you find it helpful.
5. Bombay Shaving Company
Our list of best beard colours would be incomplete without this brown-black beard colour by Bombay Shaving Company. Enriched with organic extracts like henna and amla, this dye provides moisture and nourishment to the beard, moustache, and skin. Additionally, a chemical and ammonia-free formula works without any drips and stains in just 15 minutes.
Prominent Features of the Bombay Shaving Company Beard Colour:
- The beard dye functions as a tonic for the hair, giving it a shinier and smoother appearance
- The Bombay Shaving Company beard colour is free of strong chemicals like ammonia to avoid chemical reactions
- The clean vegan nourishing cream recipe provides a no-leak, no-stain solution
- Brown-black colour
- Adds shine and softness
Why We Picked the Bombay Shaving Company Beard Colour?
With the Bombay Shaving Company Beard Colour, discover the world of natural beard colouring for shinier, smoother, and longer-lasting facial hair. Moreover, this beard colourant boasts a clean vegan formula. It also works as a hair tonic and adds lustre and softness to your beard hair.
The Vegetal Beard Colour contains Indigo, Shikakai, Brahmi, Manjistha, and other 100% natural herbs and extracts in order to make it safe. The highest amount of grey hair is covered by this colour, which gives your hair a beautiful natural colour tone. It provides complete UV protection and protects against sun damage to hair.
Prominent Features of the Bombay Shaving Company Beard Colour:
- This beard colour Vegetal contains bioactive components that are crucial for healthy hair, scalp, and body
- Shields your hair from damage caused by dust, debris, and pollutants from the outside
- The hair colour is devoid of any synthetic and artificial materials, making it suitable for everyday use
- Free from PPD and other chemicals
- No ammonia
- Colours stay for a long time
- Provides protection from UV rays of the Sun
- Takes a long time to colour hair
7. Reneu Herbals
Reneu Herbals Herb Colour for Beard & Moustache is a fantastic option for all beard lengths and even moustache hair, patchy beards, and thin beard. It also helps you in touching up previously coloured beard hair. Henna, Indigo, Amala, Aloe vera, and Cassia are used in place of the typical chemicals in this ammonia-free hair colour to subtly dye hair and cover greys without irritating skin. This beard colour is a great option if you’re concerned about skin reactions.
Prominent Features of the Reneu Herbals Beard Colour:
- This beard colour makes thin or patchy beards seem fuller and more strong
- The nourishing natural components offer your beard a smooth texture and prevent hair from becoming coarse
- Provides hydration and nutrition to the skin below as well as the beard, moustache, and beard
- A single application of this beard dye is sufficient to completely cover grey hair and provide an instantaneous beard colour of black
- Does not irritate the skin
- Free from ammonia
- Comes in a complete kit
- Does not stain the skin
8. Shagun Gold
Due to its expertise of more than 15 years, Shagun Gold has managed to establish itself as one of the top companies involved in the production, export, and trade of herbal products. Shagun Gold Beard Color for Men is an amazing beard dye that will keep your beard coloured for a long time. The ingredients include powders of hibiscus, Brahmi, bhringraj, henna, amla, and reetha.
Prominent Features of the Shagun Gold Beard Colour:
- The Shagun Gold Beard Colour keeps your hair dyes for a long time
- The beard dye is easy to apply and covers your entire hair
- This beard dye from Shagun Gold does not cause any itching, burning, or rash
- Made from natural ingredients
- Easy to apply
- Lasts for a long time
- Contains chemicals
9. Indus Valley
The New Damage-Free Beard Colour from Indus Valley was created specifically to improve the feel and appearance of men’s beards. 100% of the grey beard is covered by the organic beard colour, and this coverage lasts for four to six weeks. The smooth texture of the herbal beard colour makes it simple to apply to sideburns, moustaches, and other facial hair. The all-natural components restore the health of the beard hair roots and nourish them from the inside out.
Prominent Features of the Indus Valley Beard Colour:
- Does not include any harsh chemicals such as ammonia, lead, or hydrogen peroxide, that can harm skin and beard hair
- Eight natural herbs are infused to give your beard colour, conditioning, and moisturisation
- The Indus Valley Beard Colour does not include any animal extracts and was not tested on animals.
- Free from ammonia, lead, and other harmful substances
- Organic ingredients
- Not suitable for sensitive skin
Kamill Beard Colour contains three conditioning components that offer your hair hydration and shine. To cover short hair or partly grey hair, just the appropriate quantity of cream has to be applied. Additionally, the beard colour is simple to use and wash out.
Prominent Features of the Kamill Beard Colour:
- The presence of glycine aids in hair protection and lessens hair damage brought on by hair colouring chemicals
- The Kamill Beard Colour is easy to use and can be applied easily to cover the whole beard
- With the Kamill Beard Colour, you will experience no itching, burning or any kind of rashes
- Easy to use
- No unpleasant smell or ammonia formula
- Long-lasting colour
This natural black beard colour from Beardo contains no ammonia or harsh chemicals that stain or damage the skin. It comes in a cream form that is non-dripping and completely covers the grey beard in just 10 minutes. This beard colour lasts longer and is safe on facial skin.
Prominent Features of the Beardo Beard Colour:
- Targeting particular grey hair regions is possible with this natural black colour, which is simple to apply and has a non-dripping composition
- The beard colour is gentle on the skin and offers a long-lasting colour since it is ammonia free and devoid of harmful chemicals
- It is simple to use and clean, and there won’t be any stains left behind
- The Beardo Beard Colour has a smooth texture and can be applied to your sideburns and moustache as well
- Smooth texture
- Lasts long
- Safe for skin
Based on our research, Bigen, Just For Men, and Urbangabru are our top picks for the best beard colour brands in India. We also considered factors like ingredients, selecting a formula, and choosing a shade while making our recommendations for the best beard colour brands in India. We would like to know which one worked out best for you.
Which beard colour is long-lasting?
Beardo Beard Colour has been carefully developed to be put on facial hair. It is safe since it is ammonia-free and doesn’t include harsh ingredients that stain or harm The skin. It features a smooth texture and non-drip formula that delivers 100 % grey coverage and lasts long.
Is hair colour safe for beard?
Hair colour will theoretically work on facial hair, but it’s not intended to penetrate these coarser hairs. You also run the risk of irritating the more delicate skin on your face. If you have a skin issue, it’s always smart to speak with a doctor before applying colour to your facial hair.
Is it good to colour your beard?
There is no proof that wearing beard colouring will result in any kind of long-term harm. A few colours include organic ingredients that do not irritate your skin. You can opt to use these products if you have sensitive skin.
How long does beard colour last?
The original root hair colour may be visible, sprouting out as soon as four days following the application of beard dye. However, the colour might persist on a beard for up to two weeks. The beard can usually be redyed to address this, but that procedure may quickly consume a lot of valuable time each month.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Highly seasoned and qualified researchers at CashKaro work hard to supply you with the greatest market advice accessible online. To build a list of products you can trust, we examine numerous products and compare them based on a range of characteristics. We hope our recommendations of the best beard colour brands have helped you out. Nevertheless, before applying a new treatment evenly, we suggest that you try it on a tiny patch of skin for 48 hours. This will enable you to monitor how you are responding to the substances that have been utilised. We genuinely hope that this list will aid you in making an informed judgement.