Having sensitive skin means that most skincare products that suit others will probably irritate your skin. This makes it difficult for people with sensitive skin to find the right products for themselves, and they end up damaging it even more. Especially if you are someone who has to step out in the sun a lot, taking care of your skin is crucial.
Sunscreen serves the crucial purpose of protecting your skin against harmful UV rays and preventing sun damage. Not using sunscreens can result in hyperpigmentation, dark spots, and dullness. Getting hold of a good quality sunscreen is the only way to maintain the integrity of your skin and make it look radiant from the inside.
There are thousands of sunscreens available in the market, claiming that they are best for sensitive skin. However, we have identified some of the best sunscreens for sensitive skin in the list below. Looking for more detailed reads on sunscreens? Check out our blogs on the best sunscreen lotions & sunscreen brands for dry skin in India.
Our Top Picks :
How Do We Choose the Best Sunscreens for Sensitive Skin?
Sunscreens may help you avoid sunburn, lower your chance of developing skin cancer, and delay the onset of early symptoms of ageing. In India, good quality sunscreen costs anywhere between Rs 180 and Rs 1,000. Before you go through our suggestions of the best sunscreens for sensitive skin that are available in India, we would love it if you first go through the factors that we took into consideration while deciding on the best products for you.
SPF mainly serves as a gauge for the amount of UVB radiation that the sunscreen can block out. Your everyday exposure to UV radiation may be reduced by using sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15. However, we advise that you apply an SPF of at least 30 since it blocks roughly 97 per cent of UVB radiation.
While buying sunscreen for sensitive skin, we recommend that you opt for a non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic solution that is lightweight and quickly absorbed into the skin. Additionally, you can go for a sunscreen that has a combination of natural nutrients and minerals.
Decide on a broad SPF
Broad spectrum refers to a sunscreen that may shield your skin from UVA and UVB radiation, both of which cause skin cancer. Choose a sunscreen with SPF 30 to 50 that provides broad-spectrum protection from sunburn and sun damage.
Additionally, we recommend that you choose a sunscreen that is water-resistant. This indicates that you won’t need to reapply the sunscreen for a long if your skin is damp or sweating. Generally, sunscreens are either 40 or 80 minutes water resistant.
List of the Top 20 Sunscreens for Sensitive Skin
Mamaearth Ultra Light Indian Sunscreen
Mamaearth has become one of the finest skincare brands in India, and their happy customers are proof of that. Their Ultra-Light Sunscreen is infused with the goodness of orange oil and turmeric, which soothe skin inflammation quickly. This product is best suited for sensitive skin as it has no scent added to it, which prevents the chances of irritation.
Prominent Features of the Mamaearth Ultra Light Indian Sunscreen:
- For up to 6 hours, the sunscreen provides effective protection against damaging UVA and UVB radiation
- It has a lightweight lotion formula that absorbs quickly into the skin, leaving it soft and plump
- Since it is non-comedogenic, it is suitable for skin that is prone to acne
- Provides protection from the harmful rays of the sun
- Dermatologically tested
- Free from artificial colours, fragrances, preservatives, parabens, SLS, and sulphates
Why We Picked the Mamaearth Ultra Light Indian Sunscreen?
The Mamaearth Ultra Light Indian Sunscreen is appropriate for all Indian skin tones. It is quickly absorbed into the skin and is suitable for use under makeup. Additionally, the cream’s high SPF eliminates the trouble of needing to apply it every two hours.
Lacto Calamine Sunshield Matte Look Sunscreen
Lacto Calamine is a trusted name in a lot of Indian households, and several people use their products on a daily basis. They recently launched their Sunshield Matte Sunscreen, which has a water-based formula that doesn’t feel heavy on the skin. It is blended with kaolin clay and lemon extracts that keep your skin non-sticky.
Prominent Features of the Lacto Calamine Sunshield Matte Look Sunscreen:
- The sunscreen comes with SPF 50 PA +++, which offers efficient protection from harmful sun rays for a long time
- The sunscreen is non-sticky, non-oily, light, and quickly absorbs into the skin
- The presence of kaolin clay gives the skin a clean matte appearance by absorbing excess oil
- Reduces zits and blackheads
- Lightens tan lines and dark spots
- Enhanced protection against UVA and UVB rays
- Provides a clean matte look
Why We Picked the Lacto Calamine Sunshield Matte Look Sunscreen?
The Lacto Calamine Sunshield Matte Look Sunscreen is a lightweight and quickly absorbing water-based sunscreen cream with a unique formula. The presence of SPF 50 offers outstanding broad-spectrum protection from UVA radiation that causes premature skin ageing, wrinkles, dark spots, and tanning.
We would also like you to check out these natural sunscreen brands in India that moisturise your skin while providing intense care to your skin.
Kaya Sensitive Sunscreen
Kaya has been a prominent name in the Indian cosmetics industry as its products are made just for Indian skin. Their Kaya Clinic Sunscreen is a hypoallergenic product that prevents the chances of allergic reactions. It has a non-greasy formula that seeps into your skin quickly and offers enhanced protection from damaging sunlight.
Prominent Features of the Kaya Sensitive Sunscreen:
- With its fragrance-free and hypoallergenic formulation, Kaya Sunscreen is designed to protect sensitive skin
- The cream is non-comedogenic, so you don’t have to worry about it clogging your pores
- The sunscreen is formulated with an SPF15 barrier to defend the skin from UVA and UVB rays
- Lightweight formula
- Protection From UVA & UVB rays of the sun
- Moisturises without clogging pores
Why We Picked the Kaya Sensitive Sunscreen?
The Kaya Sensitive Sunscreen has a non-greasy composition and a lightweight feel. It goes on smoothly and leaves a soft silky matte finish that lasts all day.
Re’eqil Oxybenzone and OMC Free Sunscreen
Re’equil is a dermatologically-tested brand which means that its products are free of parabens and sulphates. Their newly launched OMC-free sunscreen protects your skin without penetrating deep and clogging your pores. It has advanced UVA and UVB protection which is much needed if you are out in the sun for prolonged hours. You can easily apply the sunscreen when leaving in the morning, and you won’t need a touch-up for the next 6 hours.
Prominent Features of the Re’eqil Oxybenzone and OMC Free Sunscreen:
- Created without the use of hazardous filters like oxybenzone and octinoxate, making it appropriate for skin that is oily and prone to acne
- The sunscreen applies smoothly and doesn’t leave a white residue
- This lotion-based sunscreen does not clog pores since it is non-comedogenic
- Does not leave behind a white cast
- Prevents acne and breakouts
- Delays early ageing symptoms
Why We Picked the Re’eqil Oxybenzone and OMC Free Sunscreen?
This lotion-based sunscreen from Re’equil does not clog pores since it is non-comedogenic. It delivers wide spectrum protection and has a PA+++ rating and SPF 50 infusion. By including it in your morning routine, you may avoid wrinkles, freckles, and other early indications of ageing.
Plum Green Tea Daylight Sunscreen
Plum is one of the most recognised skin and hair care brands in India and has gained a lot of traction in the last few years. Their products are vegan and cruelty-free. Plum’s Green Tea Sunscreen is a lightweight gel that absorbs quickly and offers long-lasting protection to your skin. The best thing about this gel is that it doesn’t leave a white cast on your skin and makes it look fresh.
Prominent Features of the Plum Green Tea Daylight Sunscreen:
- Enriched with calendula extracts to soothe inflamed skin and niacinamide to improve the texture of the skin
- This non-comedogenic, SPF 35+ UVA sunscreen gel brings back the joy of being in the sun with its sheer light-wear comfort
- This sunscreen is fortified with the antioxidant green tea, which cures acne while shielding the skin
- Lightweight formula
- Absorbs easily
- Free from parabens, silicones, SLS
Why We Picked the Plum Green Tea Daylight Sunscreen?
The Plum Green Tea Daylight Sunscreen soothes the skin while providing uniform sun protection. This sunscreen is suitable for daily use and has been specifically designed with oily and acne-prone skin in mind.
Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Sunscreen
One of India’s most popular natural cosmetics companies, Lotus Herbals was started in 1993. This brand takes pride in offering a blend of ancient wisdom from the Vedas and modern technology. If you are someone who has sensitive skin and needs sunscreen for everyday use, go for this Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Sunscreen! It is infused with birch and mallow extracts that leave a soothing effect on your skin and offer protection from 97.5% UV rays.
Prominent Features of the Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Sunscreen:
- Aids in preventing pigmentation, redness, discolouration, and premature ageing of the skin
- Features a non-greasy, lightweight gel-like texture that doesn’t leave a white cast on the face
- The sunscreen is applied evenly and swiftly absorbed thanks to the gel-like formulation
- Lightweight texture
- Absorbs easily
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen
One of the leading dermatologist-recommended skincare brands, Neutrogena offers a wide array of skin and hair care products. Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer Dry Touch SPF 50+ Sunblock works wonders for sensitive skin while also keeping it soft and smooth. It has an oil-free formula that leaves your skin free of sweat. If you live in humid regions, choosing this sunscreen can be the right option for you.
Prominent Features of the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen:
- Offers outstanding balanced broad-spectrum protection against skin-ageing UVA and blistering UVB rays
- The cutting-edge, dermatologist-tested sunscreen incorporates helioplex technology, the most recent development in UV defence
- This sunscreen has an ultra-light formula that is non-greasy and smooth
- Sweatproof and waterproof
- Lightweight formula
- Pleasant fragrance
VLCC De Tan Sunscreen Gel Crème
VLCC is widely recognised today for its wide collection of beauty and wellness products and services. VLCC Detan Sunscreen gel is one of the most popular sunscreens for sensitive skin. The sunscreen is blended with natural ingredients such as cucumber and aloe vera, which are popular soothing agents. The gel shields your skin from sunlight and prevents hyperpigmentation and dullness.
Prominent Features of the VLCC De Tan Sunscreen Gel Crème:
- Successfully delays the onset of skin ageing and aids in the reduction of dark spots, uneven skin tone, and depigmentation
- Effectively removes tans while shielding your skin from UVA and UVB radiation
- The skin appears even, radiant, and hydrated as the tan is successfully faded, presenting a brighter skin tone
- Free from parabens
- Aids in the reduction of dark spots
- Makes skin brighter
Aroma Magic Sunscreen Sun Block Lotion
Aroma Magic was founded by Dr Blossom Kochhar and her husband in 1993. With hundreds of signature Aromatherapy-based products, including skincare and hair care, this brand has gained a huge name today. If you have sensitive skin, go for Blossom Kochhar Aroma Magic Aloe Vera Sunscreen Gel. It is enriched with wheatgerm, avocado, and grapeseed oils. You can also find different variants of this product and choose one that suits your skin perfectly.
Prominent Features of the Aroma Magic Sunscreen Sun Block Lotion:
- Prevents the appearance of wrinkles and heals scars while providing a matte finish
- Features cucumber extracts which soothe inflammation without side effects
- Increases skin elasticity and offers effective sun protection
- Shields skin from radiation
- Prevents the appearance of wrinkles
- Increases skin elasticity
Lakme Sun Expert SPF 50 Gel
Lakme holds a reputation for being one of the most prominent cosmetic companies across the globe. It is known for creating products that cater to different skin types without being too heavy on the pocket. Lakme’s Sun Expert Gel is made with lemongrass and cucumber extracts that soothe and protect your skin from sun damage. It comes with SPF 50 that offers protection for 2-3 hours. This gel has a lightweight formula that absorbs quickly and leaves a non-sticky finish on your skin.
Prominent Features of the Lakme Sun Expert SPF 50 Gel:
- Applies smoothly and quickly absorbs into your skin, thanks to its ultra-matte texture
- The portable SPF 50 is ideal for sunny days on the go and may be used under regular makeup
- Protects against UVA radiation that results in dark spots, early ageing, and skin darkening
- Lightweight formula
- Dermatologically tested
- Hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic
- May leave a white cast
Vichy Capital Soleil SPF-60 Soft Sheer Sunscreen Lotion
VICHY is a premium skincare brand owned by L’Oreal under its Active Cosmetics division. If you are on the lookout for reliable sunscreen for sensitive skin, you can place your bets on Vichy Laboratories Capital Soleil Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid. It has a mineral-infused formula that offers protection from sunburn and premature ageing.
Prominent Features of the Vichy Capital Soleil SPF-60 Soft Sheer Sunscreen Lotion:
- The sunscreen lotion shields the skin from damaging free radicals that cause photoaging
- Features SPF 60 broad spectrum protection against UVA and UVB rays
- The formula is non-greasy and water-resistant for up to 80 minutes. However, after swimming or continuously sweating, you need to reapply it after 40 minutes
- Formulated with UV Filters, 15 Mineral-Rich Vichy Volcanic Water, and an Antioxidant Complex (Vitamin E & Grape Extract), which protect the skin from harmful free radicals
- Water-resistant for up to 80 mins
- Free from parabens
- Faint pleasant scent
Biotique Sun Shield Sandalwood 50+SPF UVB Sunscreen
Biotique is a great Indian brand that focuses on creating natural products with modern technology. If you are looking for good quality skincare products at affordable prices, Biotique has a lot of options. Their Sunscreen Lotion is enriched with honey and aloe vera, making it perfect for sensitive skin. The lotion not only creates a barrier between your skin and UV rays but also moisturises your skin deeply.
Prominent Features of the Biotique Sun Shield Sandalwood 50+SPF UVB Sunscreen:
- This sunscreen from Biotique is water-resistant and retains SPF after 80 minutes in water
- Pure sandalwood, saffron, wheat germ, honey, and Arjun tree bark are combined in this nutrient-rich lotion to maintain skin supple, fair, and hydrated skin
- This sunscreen delays the signs of skin ageing and skin cancer
- Makes skin soft and fair
- Suitable for all kinds of skin
Minimalist Sunscreen Cream
Minimalist is a well-known brand in India and caters to the mid-range category. Their new sunscreen cream is all you need to safeguard your skin from extensive sun damage. If you’re heading out for an hour or two to run some errands, this sunscreen can work wonderfully for you.
Prominent Features of the Minimalist Sunscreen:
- Enriched with vitamins A, B3, B5, E, and F that nourish, moisturise, and restore skin after exposure to the sun
- This sunscreen distributes quickly and feels light and airy, like a lightweight moisturiser
- Additionally, there is no white cast left behind after the application
- Nourishes and hydrates skin
- Absorbs easily
- Quantity may be less as compared to the price
Cetaphil Sunscreen is a thin, mineral-based active sunscreen that can be applied to the body and face every day. This wide spectrum SPF 30 blocks UVA and UVB rays to reduce the risk of skin cancer and early ageing caused by sun exposure. The non-greasy sheer composition was created using micronized technology to aid in distributing minerals evenly for simple application.
Prominent Features of the Cetaphil Sunscreen:
- Protects against the five symptoms of skin sensitivity: dryness, itchiness, roughness, tightness, and a weak skin barrier
- Provides exceptional indoor and outdoor UVB, UVA, and IR protection with SPF 50+
- The sunscreen is gel-based, rapidly absorbing, and has a non-sticky formula
- Helps prevent sunburn
- Does not clog pores
- Free from parabens and chemicals
- May leave behind a white cast
Dr. Sheth’s Sunscreen
Dr. Sheth’s Ceramide & Vitamin C Sunscreen features SPF 50 PA+++. It is a non-greasy, hydrating sunscreen for sensitive skin that strengthens the skin barrier, protects from harmful UV rays and prevents sun damage. The presence of ceramides helps to restore the skin barrier, Vitamin C prevents micro-pigmentation, and hyaluronic acid helps repair skin.
Prominent Features of the Dr. Sheth’s Sunscreen:
- The sunscreen provides you protection from pollution damage and blue light, which keeps your skin healthy
- Helps repair skin damage by preventing micro-pigmentation and moisturises skin
- Features broad-spectrum UV protection that is specially developed for sensitive Indian skin
- Protection against UV radiation
- Moisturises skin and retains moisture
- Antioxidant properties brighten skin
- May give an oily look
The Derma Co 1% Hyaluronic Sunscreen
The Derma Co 1% Hyaluronic Sunscreen features SPF 50 with PA++++. The sunscreen protects you from sun damage while also minimising fine lines and wrinkles and leaving your skin smooth and supple. It is created with an efficient combination of Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin E.
Prominent Features of The Derma Co 1% Hyaluronic Sunscreen:
- The sunscreen shields and screens your skin from the sun, keeping it glowing and healthy
- This sunscreen with PA++++ is free of chemicals and scent and has a safe and effective composition that provides a noticeable change in 3-6 weeks
- Perfect for those seeking fragrance-free and non-greasy sunscreen that provides wide spectrum protection from UV and blue light
- Does not clog pores
- Provides protection from blue light
- Non-greasy formula
- Free from scents
- May not stay on for very long hours
Dot & Key Sunscreen
The Dot & Key Sunscreen provides everyday UV protection with an SPF 50 broad spectrum for the face. The sunscreen has Niacinamide, and Super Cica enhanced sun protection formula to soothe and relax skin while addressing dark spots and uneven skin tone. This Dot & Key Sunscreen provides blends smoothly without leaving behind a white cast or a thick, sticky residue.
Prominent Features of the Dot & Key Sunscreen:
- Has a quick-absorbing texture that is lightweight, oil-free, and gives a matte finish
- Reverses the harm that the UV rays of the sun do to your skin, preventing ageing and tanning
- This SPF 50 sunscreen is non-comedogenic, OMC Oxybenzone free, and sweat- and water-resistant
- Features quick-absorbing texture that is lightweight, oil-free, and gives a matte finish without bother
- Super Cica technology to soothe and relax the skin
- Fades hyperpigmentation and dark patches on the skin
- Prevents sun damage
- Not water-resistant
Earth Rhythm Ultra Defence Sunscreen
Earth Rhythm features a soft, dry, water-resistant finish and a non-sticky formula. It has a gel-based feel and is lightweight. The sunscreen relieves redness, shields skin from UV radiation, and prevents skin from drying out from too much sun exposure. Additionally, the SPF 50 aids in reducing ageing symptoms, including wrinkles, fine lines, and brown spots.
Prominent Features of the Earth Rhythm Ultra Defence Sunscreen:
- The PA++++ rating of the SPF 50 sunscreen indicates how much UV protection it offers to the skin
- The composition of the sunscreen contains chemical and mineral filters that are enclosed for long-lasting UVA and UVB light defence
- Additionally, this sunscreen from Earth Rhythm is PETA certified and is completely cruelty-free
- Lightweight formula
- Minimises wrinkles and fine lines
- Dermatologically tested
- May feel a little greasy
Aveeno Positively Mineral Sensitive Skin Sunscreen
Leaving the house? You can enjoy the sun every day because Aveeno has your skin protected. Due to the presence of nourishing oat, this non-greasy mineral sunscreen is soothing and non-irritating, even for sensitive skin. The presence of organically derived zinc oxide serves as a very efficient sunblock to ward against sunburn brought on by UVA rays by reflecting and scattering UV light.
Prominent Features of the Aveeno Positively Mineral Sensitive Skin Sunscreen:
- Aveeno sunscreen lotion has a broad spectrum SPF 50 has 100% zinc oxide as the active component
- Additionally, its oil-free finish and lightweight texture make it a perfect addition to your everyday skincare regimen
- Comes in a travel-friendly size and is non-comedogenic, paraben-free, and phthalate-free
- Organically derived
- Gentle on the skin
- Protects against sunburn
- Prevents early signs of ageing
- Not a pleasant fragrance
- Takes a long time to rub it in
- May leave a white cast
CeraVe 100% Mineral Sunscreen
The CeraVe Hydrating Mineral Sunscreen Face Lotion with Broad Spectrum SPF 50 is an oil-free, 100% mineral sunscreen. It helps build a barrier on the surface of your skin to help deflect UVA and UVB radiation from the sun without hurting sensitive skin. The product contains niacinamide that soothes your skin.
Prominent Features of the CeraVe 100% Mineral Sunscreen:
- The broad-spectrum sunscreen assists in providing protection from UVA and UVB radiation of the sun
- Additionally, it contains three vital ceramides to help repair the skin’s barrier and provide long-lasting moisture
- The sunscreen is oil-free, non-comedogenic, and allergy-tested, making it great for sensitive skin
- Holds in moisture
- Filters and reflects rays of the sun
- Free from parabens and fragrances
- May feel sticky
- Leaves behind a white cast
Based on our research, Mamaearth Ultra Light Indian Sunscreen, Lacto Calamine Sunshield Matte Look Sunscreen, and Kaya Sensitive Sunscreen are our top picks for the best sunscreens in India for sensitive skin. We also considered factors like SPF, ingredients, and water-resistant properties while making our recommendations for the best sunscreens in India for sensitive skin. We would like to know which one worked out best for you.
What is the best sunscreen for sensitive skin?
Sensitive skin is prone to allergies and reactions, which is why you should always pick something with the least amount of chemicals. A sunscreen with no parabens, sulphates, or scent can be the right choice for sensitive skin. Some of the best sunscreen brands for sensitive skin types are Neutrogena, Mamaearth, and Re’equil.
How do I choose sunscreen for sensitive skin?
Choose sunscreens that are fragrance-free and hypoallergenic. You should look for a lightweight and water-based formula that absorbs quickly and doesn’t irritate your skin. Sensitive skin can get inflammation even with minimal sun exposure, so check if your sunscreen has soothing ingredients such as cucumber and aloe vera in it.
Is SPF 50 good for sensitive skin?
The clear answer to this question is Yes. SPF 50 sunscreens work effectively to shield your skin from UVA and UVB rays which impose the most harm on your skin. It also won’t leave a white cast, making your skin look naturally radiant.
What is the difference between sunscreen and sunblock?
Sunscreens are often intended to shield users from UVA radiation, which causes skin ageing. However, sunblocks are designed to inhibit the harm done by UVB rays that result in sunburn. However, many sunblocks and sunscreens fulfil both requirements, assisting in the reduction of wrinkles and sunburn.
What is 3 finger sunscreen rule?
According to the three-finger sunscreen rule, your face has to have three fingers’ worth of sunscreen applied to it in order to get enough protection.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Highly seasoned and qualified researchers at CashKaro work hard to supply you with the greatest market advice accessible online. To build a list of products you can trust, we examine numerous products and compare them based on a range of characteristics. We hope our recommendations of the best sunscreens in India for sensitive skin have helped you out. Nevertheless, before applying a new treatment evenly, we suggest that you try it on a tiny patch of skin for 48 hours. This will enable you to monitor how you are responding to the substances or check with your dermatologist for a suggestion. We genuinely hope that this list will aid you in making an informed judgement.