Sunscreens are essential while stepping out in the sun. Available for all skin types, these sun protection formulas protect the skin from damage and UVA/UVB rays that can go deep into the layers to harm the skin cells. If you have dry skin, it should definitely be a part of your regular skincare regime. While the choices out there can be overwhelming, here are some of the best sunscreen brands for dry skin that you can count on. All of these provide a perfect balance of sun protection and skincare at the same time.
Our Top Recommendations
How Do We Choose the Best Sunscreens for Dry Skin?
Every skin type needs different skincare products, so make sure you use one that suits you best. In India, you can get good quality sunscreens ranging from Rs 150 to Rs 599 or more. Here are some important factors we considered before creating this list.
SPF plays an important role in determining the quality of your sunscreen. If you’re looking for a sunscreen that offers excellent protection, go for anything above SPF 30. SPF 50 and 55 with PA+++ protection are widely preferred in India.
Formula & Ingredients
If you have dry skin, you probably need a formula that’s nourishing but not too heavy on your skin. Here, we have added lightweight, non-comedogenic formula that absorbs easily into the skin. We made sure you get the best blend of natural ingredients and minerals to enhance the effect even more.
List of the 15 Top Sunscreen Brands for Dry Skin in India
Re’equil is a dermatologically tested and recommended brand that helps repair skin damage, leaving the skin feeling flawless. It offers reliable solutions for skin care and hair care. However, we love its range of sunscreens. Find the perfect natural sunscreen to shield your skin from our lineup of the top choices in India, designed for sun protection with a focus on natural ingredients.
Prominent Features of the Re’equil Ultra-Matte Dry-Touch Sunscreen Gel:
- Lightweight gel formula that blends easily into the skin without any white cast
- Contains SPF 50 PA++++ which offers excellent protection from UVA and UVB rays
- Has zinc oxide and titanium oxide to offer broad spectrum protection
- Can also be used as a primer under makeup
- Comes in a tube and weighs 50 grams
- Oil-free formula
- Water and sweat resistant
- Has a matte effect
- Might not suit sensitive skin, patch test recommended
Why We Picked the Re’equil Ultra-Matte Dry-Touch Sunscreen Gel?
Pick Re’equil’s Ultra Matte Dry-Touch Sunscreen Gel SPF 50 PA++++ for all skin types, including dry skin. It has a velvety, non-sticky texture that leaves no cast post-application. Blend this water-resistant sunscreen on your skin and watch it work wonders. You can also go for other cream and gel formulations by the brand, namely Oxybenzone and OMC Free Sunscreen or Sheer Zinc Tinted Sunscreen, depending upon your skin type and concern.
Lacto Calamine Sunscreen
Lacto Calamine SPF 30 Sun Shield is suitable for dry to normal skin types. Known for having effective skincare formulations, Lacto Calamine sunscreens are available only in the form of creams. The brand is known for making calamine lotions that target various skin concerns and are quite affordable as well. Explore the top sunscreens for men in India, known for their quality and sun protection tailored for the active male lifestyle.
Prominent Features of the Lacto Calamine Sunscreen:
- Infused with kaolin clay & lemon extract to refresh your skin
- Offers superior SPF 50 PA+++ protection from damaging sun rays
- Has a unique water-based formula that doesn’t dry out your skin
- It is very lightweight and absorbs easily into the skin
- Comes in a tube and weighs 50 grams
- Might feel a little oily
Why We Picked the Lacto Calamine Sunscreen?
This sunscreen is suitable for daily use and helps control excess oil production. Moreover, it also visibly reduces dark spots. The brand also markets a sunscreen with higher SPF value, namely Sunshield Matte Look Sunscreen SPF50 PA+++, which is ideal for oily skin types.
Pond’s is known for having the best creamy formulations for lightening and brightening facial skin. However, we adore its collection of sunscreens that lend superb protection to the skin. The American brand was founded in 1846 by Theron T. Pond and is now owned by Unilever. Explore the top sunscreens for sensitive skin in India, celebrated for their gentle and protective qualities.
Prominent Features of the Pond’s Sun Protect Non-Oily Sunscreen:
- Designed using Pond’s breakthrough technology
- Cream-based formula which is not too oily or too dry
- Contains SPF 50 PA+++ to protect your skin from damaging sun rays
- Regular use can help mitigate dark circles, pigmentation, and uneven skin tone
- Comes in a tube and weighs 80 grams
- Non-oily formula
- Smells good
- Might make the skin look a little darker
Why We Picked the Pond’s Sun Protect Non-Oily Sunscreen?
This sunscreen contains SPF 30 and works wonders on dry skin. It has a non-oily formulation that protects skin against sun exposure, dark patches, dark spots, fine lines, and more.
For other skin types, it has Skin Fit Pre Work Out High-Performance Sunscreen and Men Daily Defence SPF 30 Face Creme Sunscreen that offers good coverage for men’s tough skin.
Aroma Magic Sunscreen
Aroma Magic is one of the largest Indian Aromatherapy cosmetic brands. Its range of sunscreens is a treat to choose from. However, if you’re specifically looking for sunscreens for dry skin, pick Aroma Magic Sunscreen Sun Block Lotion.
Prominent Features of the Aroma Magic Sunscreen:
- Lightweight lotion formula that has a soothing effect on your skin
- It contains SPF 30 PA++ which safeguards your skin from UV rays
- Also has zinc oxide, which offers broad spectrum protection
- Cream formula that can help heal scars and make your skin look more hydrated
- Comes in a tube and weighs 100 ml
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Suitable when bathing or swimming
- Smells good
- Might not be as effective as other opponents in the market
Why We Picked the Aroma Magic Sunscreen?
It is infused with the goodness of hydrating agents like Water, Beeswax, Aloe Vera gel, Glycerin, and Cucumber extracts that soothe the skin. Vitamins B5, E, and C also prevent visible ageing. If you want to try its other gel and cream sunscreen formulations, do try its Aloe Vera Sun Screen Gel, Carrot Sun Screen Lotion, and Cucumber Sun Screen Lotion, among others.
Nivea Sun Lotion comes in various SPF levels, but the one that suits best for dry skin is its SPF 50 variant which protects the skin against sun damage. This German brand was launched in 1882 by Paul Carl Beiersdorf and has become the new favourite of Indian buyers today.
Prominent Features of the Nivea Sunscreen Lotion:
- Nourishing lotion to keep your skin moisturised and protected all the time
- Contains SPF 50 with PA+++ for ultimate sun protection
- The lotion contains Vitamin E, which adds to the nourishment of your skin
- Has an instant formula so you don’t have to wait for 15 minutes before heading out
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 125 ml
- Suitable for dry skin
- Non-greasy formula
Why We Picked the Nivea Sunscreen Lotion?
This water-resistant sunscreen lotion is ideal to be applied before makeup and contains hydrating ingredients like water and glycerin to keep the skin supple, even in extreme heat. You also get advanced protection against UVA and UVB rays, and it even reduces wrinkles.
Neutrogena is known for its effective formulations. Pick Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 50+ Sunscreen, which is one of the most effective sunscreens out there. The American company was founded in 1930 by Emanuel Stolaroff and is owned by Johnson & Johnson today.
Prominent Features of the Neutrogena Dry-Touch Sunblock:
- Ultra-light cream formula that blends easily into the skin and keeps it nourished
- Contains SPF 50+ protection to keep your skin safe from sun rays
- Has a non-shiny, mattifying finish for everyday use
- Comes in a tube and weighs 30 ml
- Comes in multiple size variants
- Waterproof and sweat-proof
- Works on all skin types
- Might sting your eyes a little, make sure to keep your eyes closed while applying
Why We Picked the Neutrogena Dry-Touch Sunblock?
The formula is lightweight and sheer and deeply moisturises the skin while hydrating it at the same time. It is a perfect sunscreen for the winters, and hence it is a go-to cream for people of all age groups. The brand also sells several sunscreens for other skin types like Neutrogena Sheer Zinc Oxide Dry-Touch Face Sunscreen, Sensitive Skin Sunscreen Lotion, Beach Defense Sunscreen, and Age Shield Face Sunblock that come in lotion and cream formulations.
Lotus Herbals Sunscreen
If you have sensitive skin or suffer from other skin-related issues, you must use herbal products on your skin. Lotus Herbals is an Indian brand that makes skincare and cosmetic products using ayurvedic ingredients. The brand also has sunscreens for other skin types, including Lotus Herbals Safe Sun 3-in-1 Matte Look Tinted Sunscreen, Safe Sun Invisible Matte Gel Sunscreen, Safe Sun Sports Super Stay Sunscreen, Safe Sun Block, and Safe Sun Daily Multi-Function Sunscreen, that are available in the form of cream, lotion, and gel.
Prominent Features of the Lotus Herbals Sun Dry Touch Whitening Sunscreen Cream:
- Lightweight and quick-absorbing cream that soothes dry skin
- Contains SPF 40 PA+++ that protects your skin from damaging UV rays
- The cream formula takes the flakiness out of the skin entirely and allows the skin to breathe
- Has skin lightening agents to make it look fresh and bright
- Comes in a tube and weighs 100 grams
- No white cast
Biotique Bio Sunscreen
Pick Biotique Bio Sandalwood Face & Body Sun Cream SPF 50 which is one of the most effective products from the brand. The company is quite popular in India for making high-quality yet affordable skincare, haircare, and cosmetic products.
Prominent Features of the Biotique Bio Sandalwood Sunscreen:
- It is a blend of Pure Sandalwood, Wheatgerm, Saffron, Honey, and Arjuna Bark that lend it a relieving and soothing touch
- The sunscreen has a creamy formulation and feels lightweight when applied
- While it is designed for all skin types, it specifically suits people with dry skin
- Contains SPF 50+ which offers decent protection from the sun
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 120 ml
- Smells good
- Offers ample nourishment
- Might feel a little greasy
Lakme has a range of sunscreens, but what suits best for dry skin is its Sun Expert SPF 50 PA+++ Ultra Matte Lotion Sunscreen. The brand is known for its exceptional range of sun protection products and you must try them at least once.
Prominent Features of the Lakme Sun Expert Ultra Matte Lotion:
- The moisturising formula prevents the skin from drying in the sun
- It can effectively prevent fine lines and wrinkles from occurring, which is often the case with those who stay out on a lot
- Contains SPF 50 PA+++ for ultimate sun protection
- Has a refreshing cucumber fragrance which lingers on through the day
- Comes in a tube and weighs 50 ml
- Suits all skin types
- Non-greasy formula
- Prevents tanning and uneven skin tone
- Might leave a white cast
Founded in 1945 by Albert and Sidney Musher, Aveeno is a popular skincare and haircare brand. The company is owned by Johnson & Johnson and has a huge customer base in India.
Prominent Features of the Aveeno Protect + Hydrate Facial Sunscreen Lotion:
- Aveeno Protect + Hydrate Face Moisturising Facial Sunscreen Lotion is a standard hydrating sunscreen for all skin types
- Whether you have oily skin, normal skin, or dry skin, it can effectively protect it from the harsh sun
- This sunscreen feels light when applied and gets absorbed into the skin quickly
- It also provides hydration for up to 24 hours
- Comes in a tube and weighs 85 grams
- Water and sweat resistant
- A bit pricey
Plum Goodness Sunscreen
Plum Goodness is a herbal brand that has various sunscreens for different skin types. The vegan and cruelty-free brand was founded in 2013 by Shankar Prasad and has its headquarters in Mumbai. We recommend you try its Hello Aloe Ultra-Lite Day Lotion SPF 20 PA+++ for dry skin issues.
Prominent Features of the Plum Hello Aloe Ultra-Lite Lotion:
- This product is replete with hydrating ingredients like Water, Aloe Vera gel, and Glycerin that keep the skin supple
- The ultra-lightweight formula seeps into the skin to protect it against sun damage
- Contains SPF 20, which offers decent protection from UV rays
- Comes in a bottle with a pump dispenser and weighs 50 ml
- Paraben and sulphate free
- Nourishing formula
- Low SPF
St.Botanica is a trusted herbal brand that has several beauty and skincare products up its sleeve. We adore its sunscreen range that is perfect for those who have a penchant for all things mild and natural. Pick St.Botanica Vitamin C SPF 75 Dry-Touch Sunscreen Lotion to keep your skin protected all the time.
Prominent Features of the St. Botanica Vitamin C Sunscreen Lotion:
- It has a mineral-based lotion formulation and is resistant to water
- The sunscreen has shea butter and cocoa butter along with Glycerin, Green Tea, Aloe Vera, and Fruit extracts
- Offers the best combination of skincare and sun protection
- Also infused with Vitamin C to brighten up your skin instantly
- Comes in a bottle with a pump dispenser and weighs 120 ml
- Pump might be a little faulty
WOW Skin Science Sunscreen
WOW Skin Science is an all-natural brand that has several products for all skin types. If you’re looking for sunscreen for dry skin, pick its Sunscreen Matte Finish – SPF 35 PA++ – Daily Broad Spectrum – UVA &UVB Protection.
Prominent Features of the Wow Skin Science Sunscreen:
- It is rich in Vitamin E and has the benefits of Raspberries, Carrot Seed, and Avocado.
- Has a lightweight formulation that spreads and absorbs easily into the skin
- Contains SPF 555 PA+++ that offers long-lasting protection from UV rays
- Comes in a bottle with a pump dispenser and weighs 100 ml
- pH-balanced formula
- Helps in spot correction and reducing darkness
- Less quantity for the price
Founded in 2004, Jovees is a popular skincare brand that makes face wash, scrubs, sunscreen, creams, etc. The brand is known for its affordable range of products that are made using herbal ingredients.
Prominent Feature of the Jovees Sunscreen:
- Infused with the goodness of Ficus, Liquorice, Aloe Vera, Sandalwood, and Carrots, Jovees Herbal Ajneer & Carrot
- Contains SPF 45, which provides excellent skincare at affordable prices
- The sunscreen has a waterproof and sweatproof formula that is suitable for all skin types
- It is free of alcohol and parabens and is a cruelty-free product.
- Comes in a tube and weighs 100 grams
- Works really well on dry skin
Glenmark is a popular Indian pharma company that was founded in 1977 by Gracias Saldanha. The Mumbai-based brand specialises in making safe skincare products that you can easily buy online.
Prominent Features of the Glenmark La Shield Sunscreen Gel:
- Effective sunscreen with SPF 40 PA+++ that protects your skin from sun rays
- It nourishes sun protection gel and has an oil-free formulation
- It is water-resistant and free of additives, making it the best choice for all kinds of skin types
- You get superior protection against the UV rays of the sun without feeling greasy
- Comes in a tub and weighs 50 grams
- Works for all skin types
Sunscreens are essential to protect your skin from harmful UV rays, but you must know which one works for your skin type. In this article, we have listed some of the best sunscreens for dry skin based on their SPF, formula, and ingredients. While we really love the products from Lakme, Neutrogena, and Re’equil, let us know which one you liked the best.
Which is the best sunscreen for dry skin?
Re’equil, Lacto Calamine, and Neutrogena have the best sunscreens for dry skin. You can go for Re’equil Ultra Matte Dry Touch Sunscreen Gel, Lacto Calamine SPF 30 Sun Shield or Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 50+ Sunscreen if you’re looking for a hydrating gel-based or moisturising formula.
How do you choose sunscreen for dry skin?
People who have dry skin must use sunscreens that moisturise and hydrate the skin. While choosing a sunscreen for dry skin, you must look at the ingredients list on the packaging. A sunscreen with hydrating ingredients like ceramides, hyaluronic acid, glycerin, aloe vera gel, and green tea is usually the best one for warding off dryness.
Is SPF 50 good for the skin?
Yes, SPF 50 is good for the skin. Rather, it acts as a barrier that blocks about 98% of harmful rays and provides sunburn protection. It also has a broader spectrum coverage compared to sunscreens with lower SPF levels.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Our team of category-specific researchers take the time to study several products before creating these lists. For the sunscreen blog, we considered factors such as SPF, ingredients, and formula to create a useful list for you. CashKaro’s blog only offers the best and most reliable information so that you can make your purchases with clarity.