Golf though still perceived as a luxury sport, has been slowly gathering mass appeal. Moreover, with the right kind of gear and equipment, you will fall in love with it. It is always a good idea to stock up on golf balls because one would not want to stop the game midway just because one has run out of them. We have listed down the best brands of golf balls and their popular offerings to help you boost your performance. Just take your pick, choose your ball, and let the charm of the game captivate you.
|Our Top Recommendations||Best Prices on Amazon|
How Do We Choose the Best Golf Ball Brands for You?
Aiming to maximise distance, feel, or a mix of the two? Manufacturers modify ball shapes to suit players with high, moderate, and low swing speeds. You can increase your distance and shoot holes by learning how to choose a golf ball. In India, a good quality golf ball costs anywhere between Rs 200 and Rs 12,500. Before you jump into our recommendations of the best golf ball brands available in India, we suggest you go through the factors that helped us decide on the best products for you.
The first thing you should look into while buying a golf ball is its type. Select a kind of golf ball depending on your particular preferences and ability level. The various types of balls in the market emphasise control, spin, and distance. Low-handicap players will want to make sure their ball is created for a greater spin for better scoring in the short game. On the other hand, high-handicap players will often concentrate on a ball that is intended for additional distance or control.
The next factor you should consider is choosing a golf ball construction type. In today’s market, multilayer, two- or three-piece golf balls are available. Golfers who want more backspin often opt for three-piece balls. On the other hand, golfers who want less spin on the ball opt for multilayer balls.
Compression ratings exceeding 100 are suited for golfers who can hit their drives more than 220 meters in the air. Additionally, they will have fast swing speeds. On the other hand, compression ratings that fall between 80 and 90 are a good choice for people who swing more slowly.
Before selecting your final golf ball, evaluate your general golf game and your areas of weakness. A golf ball made for extra distance can be your best option if you often fall 10 to 15 yards short of your ideal driver length. If you often hit greens, but the ball doesn’t stick, using a ball with more spin might lead to striking a green.
List of 14 Best Golf Ball Brands in India
On this page:
- 1. Srixon
- 2. TaylorMade
- 3. Callaway
- 4. Titleist
- 5. Mizuno
- 6. Bridgestone
- 7. Golfoy
- 8. Wilson
- 9. Volvik
- 10. Pinnacle
- 11. GolfBasic
- 12. The Morning Play
- 13. Bisontact
- 14. Omtex
- Which golf ball colour is best?
- How do I choose the best golf ball?
- How long do golf balls last?
- How many rounds can a golf ball last?
- What ball does Tiger Woods shoot?
Srixon is a subsidiary brand of Sumitomo Rubber Industries. Today it is one of the largest manufacturers of golf balls and other sports equipment. Using innovative technologies and expertise, the brand manufactures various types of golf balls. Some of the types are videlicet, Z Star Golf Balls, Q Star Golf Balls, Q Star Tour Golf Balls, Soft feel Golf Balls, and more.
Prominent Features of the Srixon Golf Ball:
- The soft feel golf balls are very durable and perfect for the game
- The highly resilient ionomer cover provides excellent durability and a longer driver
- The balls come highly recommended by professionals as well, and they are a standard brand used in many tournaments
- Greater initial speed for range and a sensitive, light feel for control
- Ionomer cover provides excellent resilience
- Offers longer drives and outstanding cut-proof durability
- Does not travel a long distance
Why We Picked the Srixon Golf Ball?
The Srixon Golf Ball is exceptionally manufactured and provides an amazing performance. A true and penetrating trajectory is offered by the 324-speed dimple arrangement, which is aerodynamically better. Additionally, the ionomer covering of the ball provides amazing durability.
TaylorMade was founded in 1979 and made a breakthrough in golf with its first metal wood golf club. The company has since been engaged in the manufacturing of high-performance golf clubs and gears. The golf balls from TaylorMade have a fast react core that makes them cover long distances as the cores store and release energy swiftly. They have an iothane cover that is soft and efficient.
Prominent Features of the TaylorMade Golf Ball:
- The TaylorMade brand of balls is one of a kind, and they come in standard white colour with the brand name
- The ball is designed with a low drag simple pattern and a fast react core for superior performance
- The balls are used by professionals and amateurs alike, and they are also used extensively for college and sports tournaments
- The golf balls from TaylorMade are made with iothane cover that gives a soft feel
- Unique iothane cover design, which melts on the clubface at impact, gives the material a supple feel
- Efficient at storing and releasing energy
- LDP 342 high-lift for extended carrying
Why We Picked the TaylorMade Golf Ball?
The quick react core of the TaylorMade Soft Golf Ball stores and releases energy for the best performance. The LDP 342 high-lift, low-drag dimple design on the RBZ Soft Golf Ball maximises distance. Additionally, the dimple design makes the ball soar high and maintains flight.
With Callaway Golf balls, you can play with class. Callaway has been engaged in the manufacturing of high-performance golf equipment for a long time now. A lot of innovation, use of high-end technology and R&D goes into the golf balls manufactured at Callaway. The gold balls are available as Chrome Soft, Super Soft, Warbird, Superhot, Truvis and Women’s. The balls have a soft, high energy core that ensures maximum flight and optimised HEX aerodynamics. They are available in shades of white or yellow.
Prominent Features of the Callaway Golf Ball:
- One of the best golf balls in the market, the Callaway super soft balls are great for practising high shots in the air
- The balls are made using groundbreaking new graphene dual soft fast core
- Additionally, the balls have trionomer cover and high-spinning wedges that help you to stop the ball quickly
- Provides a soft feeling
- Low spin and quick ball speeds from the driver
- Provides proper control and travels a long distance
Why We Picked the Callaway Golf Ball?
The Callaway Golf Ball is a ball that feels very soft and quick, encouraging high launch. The golf ball also has a low spin off the tee for vast distances, as well as an amazing shot-stopping spin around the green.
Titleist was established in 1930 by Phil Young and produces one of the highest quality high-performance golf balls in the world. The golf balls have a high initial velocity that makes them cover greater distances in no time. The centre of the core is well aligned so that they do not deviate from their intended trajectory and the balls themselves have a consistent and precise ball flight.
Prominent Features of the Titleist Golf Ball:
- Titleist golf balls are made from the finest quality rubber and plastic, and they are known for the pliability
- The balls are resilient, which has made them a top choice for all professional golfers
- The Tour Soft side stamp on the balls makes for easy alignment without having to mark a line on the ball.
- Travels greater distance
- Provides consistent flight and a penetrating trajectory
- Better short-game control
Why We Picked the Titleist Golf Ball?
The new Tour Soft side stamp allows for simple alignment. This is without the need to write a line on the ball. Titleist Golf Balls are thus known for the amazing performance they provide.
Moreover, if you are looking for a perfect Kettlebell, then do have a look at our blog, where we have mentioned some of the best Kettlebell brands in India. Do check it out.
Mizuno is one of the oldest leading sports equipment manufacturers located in Osaka, Japan. The company was established in 1906, and today, it exports its products throughout the world. The golf balls are crafted with special emphasis on the distance travelled. Generally, the mid trajectory is 360 dimples but can vary depending on the ball.
Prominent Features of the Mizuno Golf Ball:
- The balls are just the right size, and they are used for a number of national and international tournaments all the time
- These balls are soft with a 566 dimple pattern that helps reduce drag and optimizes the spin
- The golf balls have a high repulse butadiene rubber blended core for swift and steady movement along with a repulsive ionomer blended cover
- Low compression
- Ionomer cover with micro-dimples
- Durable and resilient
Why We Picked the Mizuno Golf Ball?
Mizuno is a well-known brand when it comes to sports equipment, and golf balls are one of a kind. With 512 dimples of different designs, the ball can travel further and more aerodynamically.
Bridgestone was founded in 1931 and produced the first golf balls in 1935. With its ingenuity and cutting-edge technology, the company has been producing high-quality products since its inception. Bridgestone golf balls have a gradational compression core that makes for swift movement and enhanced aerodynamics that helps the ball not to deviate from the trajectory.
Prominent Features of the Bridgestone Golf Ball:
- Designed and played by Tiger Woods, the Bridgestone golf balls feature a urethane cover for fast swing and improved spin and control
- The dual dimple technology used reduces drag and offers maximum control over spin
- The SlipRes urethane cover formulation provides the balls with an increased friction
- Seamless Cover Technology provides reliable flight and performance
- Dual Dimple technology results in increased aerodynamics and more distance
- Softer feel and maximum greenside spin
Golfoy is one of the major brands when it comes to golf balls, and there are not too many in the market like them. These balls are a real find for players at the beginner level. The balls come in a variety of packs and are made with A-grade rubber and plastic for maximum precision.
Prominent Features of the Golfoy Golf Ball:
- Golfoy Golf Balls are extremely durable and perfect for training and practise
- These two-piece range balls are soft but also very durable
- Features a strong polybutadiene (synthetic rubber) core that effectively transfers energy to increase the distance
- Low spin
- Travels a long distance
- Durable construction
Wilson is a renowned company that has been engaged in the manufacturing of sports equipment since 1989. The company manufactures all types of sports goods and gear pertaining to basketball, soccer, tennis, golf, football, volleyball and baseball. The brand’s product line includes protective gear, gear bags, shoes, gloves, rackets, strings, and balls, to name a few.
Prominent Features of the Wilson Golf Ball:
- The Wilson Titanium Golf Ball features a robust titanium core that offers an effective swing sending the ball at a faraway distance
- The ball is covered with surlyn for added durability and is great for both beginners and experienced golfers
- Wilson Golf Balls have a high-powered core for maximum distance coverage and have a resilient cut-proof Ionomer cover
- Strong surlyn cover
- Maximum energy transmission is encouraged by a titanium core
- Covers maximum distance
Volvik is one of the top-notch companies engaged in the manufacturing of superior-quality golf balls and other golf equipment. You will find Volvik balls in multiple shades of pink to neon green and yellow. The Volvik balls are dual-cored and lighter than other golf balls creating higher ball flight and carry distance.
Prominent Features of the Volvik Golf Ball:
- The Volvik golf balls feature a patented dimple design that adds to the stability and optimal ball flight
- Designed to offer excellent performance with reduced spin rates, superior flying distance, and high launch angle
- Excellent flight stability is provided by the icosahedron dimple design, which optimises ball flight
- Optimal ball flight and stability
- Variety of colours
- Seems soft and has a fast initial speed
Pinnacle is one of the most eminent golf ball manufacturers in the world. The company produces two types of golf balls- Pinnacle Rush golf balls and Pinnacle Soft golf balls. The balls have a fast-reacting core and are extremely durable. They also have a steady flight in the trajectory.
Prominent Features of the Pinnacle Golf Ball:
- The high-energy, very low-compression core of the ball is designed to provide an incredibly soft feel and little spin over a considerable distance
- The special core composition of Pinnacle Golf Balls is combined with an extraordinarily soft ionomer coating
- With 332 dimples, the sophisticated icosahedral dimple design offers the best, most reliable flight
- Provides reliable flight
- Soft and durable coating
- Travels a long distance
The GolfBasic golf balls are perfect for children and beginners. The balls are also priced very affordably, and they are available online. The soft and lightweight nature of the balls allows you to practice golf indoors.
Prominent Features of the GolfBasic Golf Ball:
- The GolfBasic Golf Balls are ideal for indoor training and practise
- The balls are made of sponge and are extremely soft and lightweight
- You can use these golf balls indoors without any worry as it prevents damage to windows and walls
- Soft and lightweight
- Ideal for indoor practises
- Perfect for children and beginners
- Little faster for a practice ball
12. The Morning Play
Those who want only the best balls for their golf sessions often opt for The Morning Play golf balls, which are especially known for their perfect balance and precision. The business was founded in 2018 and is based in Uttar Pradesh. The balls are made of high-quality material and are extremely durable.
Prominent Features of The Morning Play Golf Ball:
- The ball transfers energy more effectively because of the stiffer mantle, which also allows for an exceptional spin on wedge strokes
- Has a soft feel and is designed for better control towards the green
- The golf ball will go further and faster due to low spin and fast speed reacting core
- Aerodynamic design with less drag
- Excellent greenside control
- Durable material
One of the best sports goods manufacturers in the industry, Biscontact makes high-quality golf balls which are suitable for practice as well as professional matches. Bisontact is the ideal brand for novice golfers to make rapid advancements. Additionally, they come in various shiny new colours.
Prominent Features of the Bisontact Golf Ball:
- Designed for the driving range or practise net, these golf balls have a gradual compression for the right balance of distance and feel
- The two-piece construction and surlyn cover of Bisontact bulk golf balls provide piercing distance when struck off the tee
- The revolutionary, wind tunnel-tested 408 dimple pattern will cover an excellent distance
- Consistent flight
- Short game control
- Low drag
The Omtex Golf balls are extensively used in all kinds of tournaments. They are especially favoured by golfers because of their pristine colour and smooth surface, which is ideal for practice sessions.
Prominent Features of the Omtex Golf Ball:
- The vivid hue is easily visible and can be seen both indoors and outdoors
- These dimpled balls are appropriate for both everyday activity and professional training
- The golf balls are made from high-quality material and are thus long-lasting
- Visible easily
- Study material
- Ideal for practice sessions
Golf balls are a necessity if you are starting your journey to play the sport. Based on our research, Srixon, TaylorMade, and Callaway are our top picks for the best golf ball brands in India. While making our recommendations, we also took into consideration factors like the type of ball, construction, compression rating, and your abilities as a player. Let us know which one worked out the best for you!
Which golf ball colour is best?
According to research, yellow balls are the easiest to notice from a distance. Also, they are three times simpler to follow over long distances. Some golfers also think that colours have psychological advantages as well. Colours like red, orange, and yellow are associated with emotions of passion, vigour, and enthusiasm.
How do I choose the best golf ball?
A ball with more layers is often made for better players. A ball’s layer count may affect your shot height, distance, spin rates, and how the ball feels when it hits the ground. Better players will typically choose a ball with greater spin and a lower ball flight.
How long do golf balls last?
Golf balls have a lifespan of around 10 years when properly taken care of. They can begin to degrade over time, but with the right handling and storage, the performance is often maintained.
How many rounds can a golf ball last?
A golf ball can be used for up to seven 18-hole rounds without any obvious damage or performance loss. However, a golf ball is more likely to be lost on the course than to simply wear out. Nevertheless, you should change the ball as soon as it starts to feel scratchy.
What ball does Tiger Woods shoot?
Tiger Woods helped create the XS TW Bridgestone Tour B Golf Balls and uses them on the Tour. The ball is designed for players who desire more spin and have swing speeds of more than 105 MPH. The tee’s maximum range, soft feel, and improved spin provide controllable approach shots.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Highly experienced and competent researchers at CashKaro work hard to provide you with the finest market suggestions available online. To create a list of products you can trust, we evaluate various products and compare them based on a variety of factors. We really hope that this list will assist you in reaching an educated conclusion.