If you are a fitness enthusiast or love working out, you might know the importance of music in boosting motivation and energy levels. And when it comes to music, all you need is a good-quality, well-fitted pair of headphones that can fuel your fitness journey and make your gym experience more enjoyable and rewarding. Here are the 10 best headphones for the gym in India that will help you enjoy clear, crisp, and powerful sound while moving, jumping, running, doing crunches, and other physical activities.
Our Top Recommendations
How Do We Choose the Best Headphones for the Gym?
While most people prefer earbuds while working out, over-ear headphones are much more comfortable and designed to fit securely. They stay in place while training and offer excellent noise isolation to prevent you from getting distracted from your exercise routine. The Indian market is flooded with countless headphone options that can be purchased on a budget of Rs 2,500 to Rs 35,000 and more.
To create a list of the best headphones for the gym, we took into consideration the following criteria:
Comfort and fit
When it comes to buying a headphone for the gym, snug and secure fit is paramount. Headphones should fit properly and feel comfortable to prevent banging against your head, falling out, or chafing. Hence, we carefully picked the ones that are lightweight, have cushioned ear cups, and are designed to stay in place even during vigorous movements.
This is an uncompromising feature of headphones that everyone pays attention to while making a purchase. Headphones should deliver solid, crisp sound quality that will keep you motivated and engaged in your workout. In this list, we have mentioned the recommendations that offer a well-balanced audio profile and block out external noise for an ultimate experience.
Apart from a comfortable fit and quality sound, we also make sure to add wireless headphones to the list that will allow you to move freely without tangling cables. Also, they have great battery life, are easy to use, and resist sweat for long-term usage. You might also want to check out our well curated list of amazing bluetooth headphone brands for an in-depth analysis.
List of the Top 10 Headphones for the Gym
boAt Rockerz 450 Headphone
If you are looking for an eye-catching headphone that can offer immersive sound quality, you must check out Rockerz 450 Headphone by boAt. It is an ergonomically designed headphone with adaptive and foldable earcups. This headphone offers a smooth and comfortable fit for a seamless experience.
|Battery Life/ Playback Time||15 hours|
Prominent Features of the boAt Rockerz 450 Headphones:
- Equipped with 40mm premium drivers to offer crystal clear sound
- This headphone has a sleek matte finish that makes it look premium
- Features integrated control buttons for controlling music and attending/rejecting calls
- Available in two more colours: Aqua Blue And Hazel Beige
- Easy to operate
- HD sound quality
- Excellent battery life
- Aux cable quality could be better
Why We Picked the boAt Rockerz 450 Headphones?
boAt Rockerz 450 Headphone is a user-friendly device with superior playback time. It is designed with a 300 mAh lithium battery that takes 3 hours to charge completely. Also, it has an in-built mic and comes with two modes: Bluetooth and AUX.
- boAt Rockerz 400 Headphones
- boAt Rockerz 370 Headphones
Infinity Glide 510 Headphones
Are you craving to listen to high-quality music without hurting your ear? Infinity Glide 510 Headphones by JBL will be a perfect choice for you. These are high-quality headphones with an on-ear, flat, and foldable design that makes them sit comfortably on your ears. Also, they are light in weight and easy to carry everywhere.
|Connector Type||Bluetooth 5.0|
|Battery Life/ Playback Time||72 hours|
Prominent Features of the Infinity Glide 510 Headphones:
- Designed dual EQ mode to enhance the bass as per your mood
- These Bluetooth headphones have a frequency range of 20Hz~20kHz.
- With three buttons remote, these headphones offer a hands-free calling
- You can choose from three different colours: black, blue, and red
- Comfortable cushion
- Deep bass
- Quick charging
- Noise cancellation is not up to the mark
Why We Picked the Infinity Glide 510 Headphones?
Infinity Glide 510 is a feature-packed headphone that features 2 different settings: normal mode and deep bass mode. This allows you to experience the sound range as per your requirement. Also, it is integrated with voice assistance so that you can give commands to Google, Siri, and Alexa.
- Infinity JBL Glide 120 Earphones
- Infinity JBL Glide 500 Headphones
Sony WH-1000XM5 Headphones
Unconventionally good-looking, these Sony WH-1000XM5 Headphones are perfect while working out. These are secure yet lightweight headphones that fit snugly and feel comfortable all day long. They put less pressure on the ears while allowing you to enjoy ultra-clear, distraction-free sound.
|Battery Life/ Playback Time||Up to 40 hours|
Prominent Features of the Sony WH-1000XM5 Headphones:
- Quick-charging battery offers 3 hours of playback for 3 min charge
- Four beamforming microphones help you catch every word when on call
- Features 30 mm driver for better sound quality in high-frequency ranges
- Designed with touch control settings that help you pause/play tracks
- Easy volume control
- Multiple colours
- Quality construction
Why We Picked the Sony WH-1000XM5 Headphones?
Sony presents industry-leading noise-cancellation headphones that automatically optimise the nearby sound on the basis of your environmental factors. WH-1000XM5 headphone has a multipoint connection that lets you pair with two Bluetooth devices at a time. Also, it allows hands-free calling with Precise Voice Pickup Technology.
- Sony WH-1000XM4 Headphones
- Sony MDR-ZX110AP Headphones
Bose headphones 700
Nothing can come in the way of your workout and music if you are wearing headphones 700 by Bose. It is a lightweight, sleek pair of over-ear headphones with powerful noise cancellation and unrivalled voice pickup. It features a sophisticated design with a stainless-steel headband and soft foam earcups for comfortable wearing.
|Battery Life/ Playback Time||20 hours|
Prominent Features of the Bose Headphones 700:
- Earcups are made of synthetic protein leather that feels soft and comfortable
- You can manage the noise cancellation with 11 levels to set it as per your requirement
- Designed with a four-microphone system that removes surrounding noise for easy callings
- Built-in voice control helps you access Alexa, Google Assistant, and Siri
- Attractive design
- Balanced audio
- Excellent sound quality
- 3 colours choice
Why We Picked the Bose Headphones 700?
These Bose Headphones 700 are touch-sensitive headphones that let you manage volume, tracks, and phone calls right from earcups. You can pair them with two devices at once and listen to music for up to 2 hours with just a quick 15-minute charge.
- Bose Quiet Comfort 35 II Headphone
Skullcandy Crusher Headphones
Another workout headphone recommendation, this one from Skullcandy is a perfect pick for people with highly selective taste in music. It has a durable design that creates a powerful, adjustable bass and ensures supreme audio clarity. It has premium acoustics and stereo haptic bass that is perfect for taking your audio experience to the next level.
|Battery Life/ Playback Time||40 hours|
Prominent Features of the Skullcandy Crusher Headphones:
- Equipped with an in-built mic and on-ear buttons for easy management
- The rapid charging battery offers 3 hours of use from just a 10-minute charge
- It has memory foam ear pads for a firm fit without making you feel uncomfortable
- Available in four different colour options: Black, Grey, Red, and Olive
- Great sound quality
- Long-lasting battery
- Easy Bluetooth connectivity
- Premium looking
- It is a bit expensive
Why We Picked the Skullcandy Crusher Headphones?
Crusher Headphones by Skullcandy is a powerful Bluetooth headset that guarantees detailed, clear, and accurate sound in any environment. It provides unmatched noise isolation and lets you adjust the bass with an easy-to-move slider. Also, it has a foldable design for easy carrying everywhere.
- Skullcandy Hesh Evo Headphone
- Skullcandy Hesh ANC Headphone
boAt Rockerz 558 Headphones
This is another boAt headphone recommendation for the gym that will help you experience amazing sound quality. It is an over-ear headphone that comes with a built-in mic to take calls and record your voice while working out. Also, they are designed with the latest Bluetooth v5.0 for instant and uninterrupted wireless connectivity.
|Colour||Maroon and Blue|
|Battery Life/ Playback Time||Up to 20 hours|
Prominent Features of the boAt Rockerz 558 Headphones:
- This dust and water-resistant headphone is perfect for sports and adventures
- It has a 500mAh battery that takes just 1.5 hours to charge fully
- Features inline buttons to change track, take calls, and adjust the volume
- Comes in multiple colours and cool, modern designs that make it look pleasing to the eyes
- Ergonomically designed
- Noise isolation
- Dual connectivity
- High Bluetooth range
- It does not support fast charging
- boAt BassHeads 900 On-Ear Wired Headphone
Marshall Major IV Headphones
Now you can enjoy every bit of your favourite music while working out with these Marshall Major IV headphones. They deliver signature Marshall sound with roaring bass, smooth mids, and brilliant treble. With this headphone that offers amazing sound quality, you’ll never want to turn it off.
|Battery Life/ Playback Time||80+ hours|
Prominent Features of the Marshall Major IV Headphones:
- The quick-charge capability of this headphone gives 15 hours of listening with just 15 minutes of charge
- It is designed with matte silicone piping on the earcups to prevent it from moving while charging
- Features a multi-directional control knob to play, pause, skip, and adjust the music right from the device
- With a 3.5 mm socket, you can also share music with your friends and family
- Improved ergonomic design
- Outstanding playtime
- Collapsible design
- Dual colour options
- Not water resistant
- Marshall Monitor II Bluetooth Headphone
- Marshall Major III Bluetooth Headphone
JBL by Harman T460BT Headphones
JBL is one of the highly loved brands in the Indian market when it comes to sound and sonic gadgets. This T460BT Headphone by this brand offers powerful deep bass with an impressive sound that is perfect for intense physical activity. Also, it offers excellent playtime so that you can enjoy uninterrupted music on a single charge.
|Battery Life/ Playback Time||11 hours|
Prominent Features of the JBL by Harman T460BT Headphones:
- It is an extremely lightweight headphone with a flat and foldable design
- Designed with control buttons on the earcup to adjust volume, pause/play music, and attend calls
- This headphone features a 32 mm dynamic driver and has a frequency response of 20Hz – 20kHz
- Available in 3 colours- black, blue and white
- Comfortable wearing
- Comes with a microphone
- 1-year warranty
- Durable construction
- JBL Tune 510BT Headphones
- JBL Tune 760NC Headphones
Zebronics Zeb-Duke Headphones
Zeb-Duke Headphone by Zebronics is an over-ear wireless headphone with a mic that is an incredible choice for immersing yourself in captivating sounds. It is designed with comfortable ear cushions and an adjustable headband that keeps it in place while exercising or moving around. Also, it features RGB lights that will help you groove with style.
|Battery Life/ Playback Time||30 hours|
Prominent Features of the Zebronics Zeb-Duke Headphones:
- With a 40 mm driver and 103dB±3dB sensitivity, you can enjoy a powerful audio experience
- It features Bluetooth v5.0 for a seamless and stable connection with low latency
- Supporting voice assistance, you can give a command to Google Assistant and Siri with this headphone
- These sleek design headphones come in blue, black, and green colours
- Rechargeable battery
- Dual Bluetooth pairing
- Volume control button
- Comfortable wearing
- You can’t fold these headphones
- ZEBRONICS Zoom Wireless Headphone
- ZEBRONICS Zeb-Bang Pro Wireless Headphone
Bose QuietComfort 45 Headphones
Engineered for the best workouts, this QuietComfort 45 wireless headphone by Bose is a must-have to enjoy music the way you like. It is an ergonomically designed pair of headphones that has smooth pleatless ear cushions made of plush synthetic leather to fit on your ears and feel comfortable for long hours.
|Battery Life/ Playback Time||Up to 24 hours|
Prominent Features of the Bose QuietComfort 45 Headphones:
- You can create a strong, reliable Bluetooth connection within 30 feet with Bluetooth 5.1
- Crafted with four external microphones to help you have clear conversations, even in windy, noisy conditions
- You can choose between the quiet mode and aware mode to adjust the amount of outside sound entering your ears
- With fast charging, you can enjoy 3 hours of music listening with just 15 minutes of charge
- Multiple colour options
- High battery life
- Excellent noise cancellation
- Easy volume control
- Bose New QuietComfort Earbuds II
In the world of fitness, a good pair of headphones has become much more than just an accessory. It is a faithful companion to uplift your spirit and stay determined towards your fitness journey. According to our market research, the above-mentioned are the 10 best headphones for the gym that you can invest in. These headphones are well-designed, durable, sweat resistant, and offer an outstanding sound experience. Among all these options, we really like the ones from boAt, JBL, and Bose. Do let us know which one is your top choice from this list. If you prefer wired headphones for consistent quality, dive into our comprehensive blog on the top-notch wired headphones that offers better and accurate sound quality with low latency.
Which headphone is best for the gym?
The choice of the best gym headphone depends on your personal preference and requirements. However, a headphone that is lightweight, sweatproof, and easy to carry is a perfect choice. You can trust the above-mentioned options and pick the one that suits you the best.
Is a headset better than headphones for the gym?
There is no one-fit answer for what is better for the gym- a headset or headphones. If you are someone who prioritises calls or is looking forward to group communication, you must get yourself a headset. They feature a built-in microphone that helps to take calls or give voice commands. On the other hand, if portability, lightweight, and good sound quality matter to you, buying a headphone will be the preferred choice.
Is it OK to wear headphones in the gym?
Yes, wearing headphones in the gym is a good choice and is highly preferred by people to stay motivated and enhance their experience. Music helps to boost motivation, increases focus, and prevents distractions while working out. However, you must be mindful while wearing a headphone to the gym. You must stay attentive to emergency alarms and warning instructions while wearing headphones in the gym.
Are noise-cancelling headphones good for the gym?
Yes, noise-cancelling headphones are good for the gym for an immersive listening experience. They prevent distractions and help you stay focused.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
CashKaro boasts a team of dedicated and passionate researchers who love to scrutinise the market and provide users with reliable product recommendations. With rigorous evaluations based on a variety of criteria, we aim to provide a list of trustworthy products. In addition, we use transparent and unbiased practices to ensure that you receive the most value for your money. We hope our recommendations for the best headphones for the gym in India have helped you in making an informed judgement.