Herbal soaps are the way to go if one wants to eliminate the use of chemicals and synthetic products from their routine. Herbal soaps tend to have natural antibacterial properties, and they are perfect for all skin types. These soaps are also mostly cruelty-free with organic products used in their making. Here are some of the most widely used and best herbal soap brands so that you can make the best and the most healthy choice for yourself and your family.
How do We Choose the Right Herbal Soap Brands in India?
A good herbal soap not only cleans but also moisturizes and protects the skin from dirt, pollutants, and acne. We have collected a list of the finest herbal soap brands that provide high-quality products. The best natural soap costs between Rs 80 and Rs 250. Factors that you can consider while choosing the best herbal soap are its quality, scent, non-irritating and toxin-free nature, etc. All of the products featured here have at least a 4/5 rating on Amazon and good consumer reviews.
|Our Top Recommendations||Best Prices on Amazon|
|Forest Essentials||Check Prices|
List of Top 15 Herbal Soap Brands in India
On this page:
- 1. Medimix Ayurvedic Soap
- 2. Margo Herbal Soap
- 3. Forest Essentials Soap
- 4. Vaadi Naturals Herbal Soap
- 5. Biotique Herbal Soap
- 6. Lotus Herbals Soap
- 7. Himalaya Soap
- 8. VLCC Soap
- 9. Prakriti Herbals Soap
- 10. V-Herbs Herbal Soap
- 11. Chandrika Ayurvedic Soap
- 12. Neev Herbal Soap
- 13. Mysore Sandal Soap
- 14. Santoor Aloe Fresh Soap
- 15. The Natural Wash Handmade Potato Rice Soap
- Which is the best Ayurvedic soap?
- Is herbal soap good for the skin?
- What are the benefits of herbal soaps?
1. Medimix Ayurvedic Soap
Medimix is a Chennai-based Indian ayurvedic/herbal soap brand manufactured and marketed by Cholayil Private Limited and AVA Cholayil Private Limited. Medimix is one of the world’s best-selling Ayurvedic bathing soaps suitable for all skin types. Medimix was launched in 1969 and is an Ayurvedic formulation-based soap made with a unique mixture of 18 herbs.
- Medimix soaps are infused with the goodness of herbs through knowledge acquired from years of Ayurvedic research.
- The soap has extracts of Ashwagandha, Turmeric, and Neem, that act as natural disinfectants as well as moisturizing agents for the skin.
- The soap helps eliminate body odor, lightens marks, makes the skin smooth, and enhances your natural glow.
- Suitable for daily use
- Protects against pimples
- The smell might not be appealing to some
2. Margo Herbal Soap
Margo is an Indian soap brand. The major component in the soap is neem. The soap was developed and manufactured by the Calcutta Chemical Company under the direction of its founder, K.C. Das, Khogen Chandra Das, and was introduced in 1920. Decades later, it was purchased by Henkel India, who eventually sold it to Jyothy Labs in 2011.
- The age-old Indian Product, Margo Neem Soap for the face, works like magic for the skin.
- Margo soaps are made purely with Neem extracts, and it is one of the best brands out there when it comes to providing natural protection against all kinds of germs.
- The soap is known to be especially effective against bacteria that cause pimples, and its regular use can result in problem-free, moisturized, and glowing skin.
- Has therapeutic properties
- Ideal herbal soap for oily skin
- Deep cleaning formula
- Provides gentle hydration
- Might be drying
3. Forest Essentials Soap
Forest Essentials is a real, traditional skincare brand founded on the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda. As a pioneer of the grand Ayurveda, it has evolved into the ultimate Indian beauty brand, combining old Ayurvedic aesthetic practices with a contemporary, modern design to place a more relevant emphasis on effectiveness, sensory experience and pleasure of consumption.
- Forest Essentials has made it a mission to make the best herbal ingredients available to the masses.
- They acquire the most exotic herbs and choicest natural extracts to create soaps that are mild, effective, and luxurious at the same time.
- This rose and cardamom soap is handmade and free of chemicals.
- It retains moisture and has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help in repairing the skin and protecting it from UV rays.
- Prevents moisture loss
- Has antiseptic properties
- Excellent remedy for skin pigmentation
- Adds natural oils to the skin
4. Vaadi Naturals Herbal Soap
Vaadi Herbals is an Indian company that specializes in Ayurvedic-inspired goods. Their collection of personal care products for skin, hair, and body provides exceptional care that makes you look and feel more attractive and radiant. Vaadi Herbals has created a whole new line of personal care products by combining Ayurvedic science with contemporary technology. Its product line includes hair care, skin care, face care, and body care products enhanced with extracts of high-quality natural herbs to meet the requirements of the entire family. You can choose from a variety of handmade soaps from the brand, like Saffron soap, Tea Tree anti-acne soap, Almond soap, Lemongrass scrub soap, and many more.
- Vaadi Naturals uses ingredients like Turmeric, Sunflower extracts, and Saffron in their soaps to make the most amazing concoctions.
- Their soaps are one of a kind; they are very mild and completely safe for use for all kinds of skin.
- Those with sensitive skin are to especially benefit from it.
- Multi-mineral rich
- Deep cleansing formula
- Natural detoxifier
- Doesn’t clog pores
- Provides gentle exfoliation, hence might not be best for feet
5. Biotique Herbal Soap
Biotique, founded in 1992, has become synonymous with Ayurvedic skin and hair care treatments. Its goods are all-natural and organically pure, and no animals are used in their production. Even the packaging is environmentally friendly and recyclable. It is a completely vegan company with no preservatives in its products.
- Biotique soaps have therapeutic properties, and they are also clinically proven to be highly effective.
- Whether you want to revitalize your body or lock in some nourishment, they have some of the best options of herbal soaps for you.
- Their Almond Oil Nourishing Soap, Basil and Parsley Soap, Orange Peel Soap, and Himalayan Plum Refreshing Soap are some soaps you can try.
- These soaps maintain the skin’s natural pH and offer you nature’s immense goodness for glowing and soft skin.
- Makes skin naturally healthy
- Main skin’s PH balance
- Clinically tested
- Pleasing fragrance
- Doesn’t lather a lot
6. Lotus Herbals Soap
Lotus Herbals, one of India’s most prominent natural cosmetics firms, was founded in 1993. This company takes pride in combining old wisdom from the Vedas with modern technologies. Those who like natural-based, preservative-free cosmetics and skin care products will love this brand.
- Lotus herbal soaps are made with a soap-free formula and are genuine bars of goodness.
- The soaps are mild, luxurious, and contain no chemicals or parabens.
- This soap from the brand contains licorice that promotes skin whitening and removes blemishes.
- Vitamin C works as an antioxidant, while other ingredients like Dudal and Manjistha have skin toning, antiseptic, and soothing properties.
- Removes blemishes
- Reduces melanin formation
- Suitable for all skin types
- Provides natural glow
- It might not remove the tan completely
7. Himalaya Soap
Himalaya is an Indian brand founded by M Manal with the goal of bringing Ayurveda to society in a modern style. This firm, founded in 1930, provides a comprehensive range of mild, effective, and long-lasting personal care products. Himalaya has established itself as a reliable brand that uses natural ingredients in its products.
- They are extremely effective in combating various skin issues.
- Irritation and rashes that occur frequently due to humidity or germs are completely eliminated by using these soaps.
- More soaps that you can try from the brand are – Himalaya Herbals Almond and Rose Soap, Himalaya Cucumber and Coconut Soap, Himalaya Honey and Cream Soap, etc.
- Trusted beauty care brand
- No preservatives
- Soothes itchiness
- Suitable for all skin types
- I May need to follow up with a moisturizer
8. VLCC Soap
VLCC is yet another outstanding beauty and health brand. Vandana Luthra created the company in 1989, and its headquarters are in Gurgaon, Haryana. Vandana Luthra Curls and Curves is an abbreviation for Vandana Luthra Curls and Curves. It has a stronghold in the South Asian market and is continuing to extend its activities in other regions of the world. VLCC is one of the most trusted brands among Indian women when it comes to beauty goods.
- VLCC is known for its commitment to using natural ingredients, and the herbal soaps are indeed quite effective against problems like acne and dark spots.
- The soaps are mild on the skin and have a rich and creamy texture that makes for a most luxuriant product.
- This soap from VLCC deeply cleans your pores while moisturizing and soothing your skin.
- Basil, Mulberry, and Almond extracts rejuvenate your skin further to provide soft and glowing skin.
- Soothing effect on the skin
- Antioxidant properties
- Cures acne
- Protects against UV rays
- It May not provide instant fairness
9. Prakriti Herbals Soap
Prakriti Herbals is a herbal personal care business whose products are manufactured in Bengaluru. The brand offers easy-to-use herbal remedies with elements that nourish the skin and hair. Prakriti Herbals arose from a desire to serve humanity via the wisdom of Ayurveda. It was founded in 1995 by Ms. Neeta Adappa. Each Prakriti product is the result of Ayurvedic medicine used for centuries, and it comprises an ideal synergistic mix of extracts of several proven herbs, designed to have a stunning effect on the body, face, and hair naturally.
- Prakriti Herbals is a relatively new brand and, within a short span of time, has managed to establish itself as a herbal brand worth recommending.
- The brand uses Aloe Vera extracts copiously in their products along with other natural ingredients to make the most effective products.
- Not only does this soap help in removing dead skin cells, it also restores your skin’s health, protects you from infection, keeps you odor free, and moisturizes your skin.
- Restores the health of damaged skin
- Has antiseptic and antibacterial properties
- Handmade soap
- Ideal for all skin types
- Less availability at offline stores
10. V-Herbs Herbal Soap
V-Herbs is an Indian ayurvedic products brand. It has been producing skincare products since 2012. Under the broad range of items available, the brand has a variety of Bath Soap and Skin Care Creams. These product lines are manufactured using high-quality ingredients and cutting-edge technologies.
- V-Herbs herbal soaps are not just chemical-free, but they are also handcrafted, which makes them one of the best brands in this list.
- Though it is one of the costliest brands of soap, the luxuriant formula is worth trying out.
- They are sure to change the way we look at bar soaps.
- The brand offers a variety of soaps such as Peppermint and Lemon Antiseptic Glycerin Soap, Activated Charcoal Soap, Neem and Tulsi Soap, and Goat Milk Soap
- V-Herbs soaps are mild
- A little pricey
11. Chandrika Ayurvedic Soap
Chandrika is an Indian ayurvedic soap brand manufactured and marketed by SV Products. The product was first introduced in 1940. It is currently owned by Bangalore-based Wipro. Chandrika has been the beauty secret of thousands of women over the world. Today, it is one of the most trusted brands in India, with pure Ayurvedic ingredients known to cure skin problems and give clear and flawless skin.
- Made with the purest coconut oil and best of herbs, Chandrika is a safe and effective choice for clean and clear skin.
- It has more than double the amount of Ayurvedic herbs and coconut oil, which gently treats skin issues and gives you smooth, clear, and beautiful skin.
- Its handmade soaps are infused with the goodness of coconut oil and other ayurvedic oils like Lemon Peel Oil, Palmarosa Oil, Sandal Wood Oil, Orange Oil, Wild Ginger Oil, and Patchouli Oil.
- Protects against dark spots, pimples, pigmentation, rashes, etc.
- Naturally clear, blemish-free skin
- Healthy and radiant glow
- Keeps the skin naturally soft, supple, and lightly perfumed
- Product quality needs improvement
12. Neev Herbal Soap
Neev Herbal is an Indian Ayurvedic soap brand that offers handcrafted soaps made with vegetable oils (Olive, Coconut, Palm, and Mahua Oils) and pure essential oils, with no chemicals or artificial colors.
- Handcrafted by rural women of India, Neev uses pure essential oils and herbal ingredients.
- It is not only safe for the skin but also for the environment.
- Products from Neev are not tested on animals.
- They are 100% vegan and animal cruelty-free
- Suitable for normal to oily skin
- Cleanses pores from deep inside
- It can also be used for washing your face
- Provides healthy and glowing skin
- Neev products are pricey
13. Mysore Sandal Soap
Mysore Sandal Soap is a brand of soap produced by Karnataka Soaps and Detergents Limited (KSDL), a firm controlled by the Karnataka government in India. Since 1916, when Krishna Raja Wadiyar IV, King of Mysore, established the Government Soap Factory in Bangalore, this soap has been produced.
- A soap crafted with pure sandal oil, Mysore Sandal Soap is one of the best herbal soap brands in India.
- Sandalwood oil has therapeutic and beauty-enhancing properties that have been found mentioned in our ancient epics.
- Using this soap decreases the chances of skin ailments and gives you moisturized and nourished skin.
- Long-term skin advantages
- Moisturising and nourishing properties
- Entrancing perfume of natural sandalwood
- The smell may be too overpowering
14. Santoor Aloe Fresh Soap
Santoor, for over three decades, has been a trusted brand for millions of Indian women, making it one of the most loved herbal soap brands in the country. Zesty Lime and soothing Aloe Vera come together in the Santoor Aloe Fresh soap. These ingredients protect your skin from aging to give it a youthful, fresh look.
- Try it to feel refreshed and radiant.
- Aloe Vera, a natural beauty ingredient, has a calming effect on the skin owing to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- You can also try Santoor’s Sandal and Turmeric Soap, Almond Soft Soap, and Santoor Gold Soap.
- Aloe Vera and lime extracts reduce signs of aging
- Aloe Vera has anti-inflammatory qualities that soothe the skin
- Lemon removes the oiliness from your skin, leaving it feeling revitalized
- The smell may be too strong
15. The Natural Wash Handmade Potato Rice Soap
Natural Wash is an Ayurvedic shop that sells skin, body, and hair care products. TNW products are made entirely of natural components sourced directly from Mother Nature. In keeping with the old Ayurvedic routine, the brand offers skincare products in a contemporary package. It is a pioneering skincare manufacturer recognized for our natural products, which are made with components sourced straight from Mother Nature.
- Potatoes are a dietary staple, packed with a lot of nutrient value.
- Apart from impacting human health, it is also a skin cleanser.
- Being an infusion of all the natural ingredients straight from nature’s lap, this natural Ayurvedic soap contains a variety of essential vitamins and minerals.
- The potato provides the benefits of Vitamin B6 and Vitamin C
- Rice provides a soothing and healing touch
- It can help with pimples, pigmentation, and tanning
- Natural, organic, chemical-free, and cost-effective
- Less availability at offline stores
Which is the best Ayurvedic soap?
Ayurveda has made a comeback – and how! Many people are now choosing Ayurvedic products as they are considered the best for healthy skin, a healthy body, and overall well-being. Some of the best Ayurvedic soaps in India are Mysore Sandal Soap, Medimix Ayurvedic Soap, Himalaya Herbals Neem, Turmeric Soap, Chandrika Ayurvedic Soap, and Margo Soap, amongst others.
Is herbal soap good for the skin?
Herbal soaps contain the natural goodness of nature, and this makes them nourishing for your skin. It offers comfort, healing, and stress relief as well. Moreover, chemical soaps have animal fat and lack essential oils from plant extracts which give a natural and pleasing aroma.
What are the benefits of herbal soaps?
Herbal soaps have an aroma that makes them extra special. Regular beauty bars leave the skin dry. They also harm the environment. Herbal soaps, on the other hand, are loved by nature since they do not pose harmful threats. Herbal soaps also have healing and therapeutic properties.