A simple and easy-to-use appliance, immersion rods are a convenient and extremely useful method of heating water. They are portable and can be carried to various places, as per requirement, including holidays. Immersion rods are equipped with a heating coil that works as the heating element. Consisting of three easy steps, all one needs to do is immerse the heating rod in a bucket of water, connect its plug into the socket, and switch it on. Voila! Heated water will just be 15 minutes away! To help clear the clutter from the various products available in the market, here is a handpicked list of the best immersion rods in India for quick water heating to help you choose the immersion rod that fits all your needs. Here you can also check best rechargeable batteries in India.
10 Best Immersion Water Heater Rods: Buyers Guide with Reviews
On this page:
- 1. Bajaj Immersion Rod Water Heater
- 2. Usha IH2415 Immersion Heater
- 3. Crompton CG-IHL Immersion Rod Water Heater
- 4. Crompton IHL251 Immersion Water Heater
- 5. Havells Immersion Rod HB15
- 6. Rico Water Heater Immersion Rod
- 7. Singer IR-10 Immersion Water Heater
- 8. ESN 999 Immersion Water Heater Rod
- 9. Blue Sapphire Spiral Immersion Water Heater Rod
- 10. Nova ISI Mark Immersion Water Heater Rod
- Which is the best immersion rod?
- Are immersion rods safe?
- Does immersion rod give shock?
- How long does an immersion water rod last?
- Can an immersion rod be used in a plastic bucket?
1. Bajaj Immersion Rod Water Heater
Bajaj immersion rod water heater is a 40cm water heating rod that does not require pre-installation. An energy-efficient immersion heater, it is compact in size and heats the water quickly while consuming 1500W energy, thus proving to be energy-efficient. Made from anti-corrosive plastic material and copper with nickel plating, this electric water heater is durable and complies with all standards of quality and safety. Equipped with heat-proof plastic handles, this rod offers a comfortable and firm grip during use.
- Energy-efficient water heater
- Hairpin tubular element
- 40cms in size
- Power requirement 230 -250 V
- It is advised to never switch on the immersion rod before immersing into water.
2. Usha IH2415 Immersion Heater
This Usha immersion heating rod comes with a copper tube with a nickel outer covering. It has been specially designed for heating water quickly and consumes 1500W. The bakelite handle remains cool to touch even when the rod is hot. Built using a compact design that measures 40 x 28 x 34 cm, it is easy to carry around. This immersion heater has an LED indicator which helps to determine whether the power is on. When the power is off, it is non- functional.
- Energy-efficient water heating rod
- Copper tube element
- 30.5cms in size
- Power Requirement: 230 – 250 V
- The wire length is not suitable for long-distance usage.
3. Crompton CG-IHL Immersion Rod Water Heater
Crompton’s immersion rod water heater is an energy-saving immersion rod that has an anti-corrosive body, ensuring a long service life. It also comes with a holding pin that helps it to stay in place when put in a bucket, preventing accidents. Besides, there is an LED indicator to state when the device is powered. It sports a lengthy cord which makes this an efficient immersion rod. This immersion heater consumes 1500W power to heat up water. The average time taken is only 8-10 minutes for a full bucket of water.
- Shock-proof handle
- LED indicator
- Water level indicator
- Power requirement 16A Socket
- Installation for this product is not provided by the brand. Users need to arrange installation on their own
4. Crompton IHL251 Immersion Water Heater
Crompton’s IHL251 immersion rod water heater is IP68 certified. It has been built using an aqua-proof design which makes it extra safe to use. The waterproof design makes the product performance reliable and the product can be reused even after it has been dipped in water during usage by mistake. It has a shockproof plastic handle and is a light-weight immersion rod, ideal for flexible portability.
- Water level indicator
- Long cord length
- 1500-Watt immersion rod
- Shockproof plastic handle
- It is not very energy-efficient.
5. Havells Immersion Rod HB15
Havells Immersion HB15 immersion rod features Nickel plating for corrosion resistance along with an efficient heat transfer heating element. It sports a waterproof touch protection cover and has an elegant and sturdy bucket hook.
- Nickel plating
- Fast heating immersion rod
- Touch protection cover
- It requires a 16A socket. Users may need to purchase an extension board. they don’t have a 16A wall socket at home
6. Rico Water Heater Immersion Rod
The Rico immersion heating rod is compact in size and can be easily accommodated in storing places or cabinets. This immersion rod heats the water quickly consuming 1500w, thus proving to be energy-efficient. Shockproof and waterproof, it sports a convenient bucket handle for easy grip and easy usage, equipped with heat-proof plastic. Safe and easy to use water heater since it is made from anti-corrosive plastic material and copper with nickel plating.
- Shockproof immersion rod
- Copper Element with Nickel plating
- Bucket handle for easy grip
- While using don’t run this product without inserting in water. It will result in dry heating
7. Singer IR-10 Immersion Water Heater
The elegant looking Singer IR-10 immersion rod water heater sports a sealed plastic body. It has been built using a superior copper element to ensure uniform heat conduction and prevention from rust. This immersion rod is specially designed for faster heating and features a water level indicator. It uses 1500 watts of power, making it an energy-efficient product.
- Fast heating element
- Energy-efficient immersion rod
- It may take slightly longer to heat hard water
8. ESN 999 Immersion Water Heater Rod
ESN 999 Immersion Water Heater Rod has a specially designed heating element for quick heating. Built using an anti-corrosive material, it has Hairpin Tubular Elements and comprises a 3-pin plug. An easy to use immersion rod, it is shockproof and works well during the winter season.
- Shockproof immersion rod
- Anti-corrosive material
- The cord length can be improved
9. Blue Sapphire Spiral Immersion Water Heater Rod
An energy-efficient water heater, Blue Sapphire Spiral Immersion Rod is compact in size and heats the water quickly while consuming 1000W. Designed with hairpin tubular elements, this 1000 watts immersion heater facilitates optimum heat transfer for enhanced performance. An easy-to-use immersion rod, it is made from anti-corrosive plastic material and copper with nickel plating.
- Heat-proof plastic handles
- Easy to use
- 230v power requirement
- It requires a big plug socket
10. Nova ISI Mark Immersion Water Heater Rod
Nova immersion rod sports a stylish Orange plastic body and a powerful heating element. This NIH430 immersion rod water heater is a shockproof product. It has a unique waterproof body and its 1500W instant IC technology ensures that the water is heated in no time.
- Quick water heating
- Sporty design
- It does not have an LED indicator
Top 10 Immersion Rods In India for Quick Water Heating – Full Comparison With Ratings
|Best Immersion Rods Water Heater||Best Features||Ratings|
|Bajaj Immersion Rod Water Heater||Energy Efficient Immersion Rod||4.2/5|
|Usha IH2415 Immersion Heating Rod||LED Indicator||4.2/5|
|Crompton IH2415 Immersion Heating Rod||Water Level Indicator||4.1/5|
|Crompton IHL251 Immersion Water Heater||Lightweight Immersion Rod||4.1/5|
|Havells Immersion Rod HB15||Corrosion-Resistant||4.0/5|
|Rico Water Heater Immersion Rod||Energy Efficient Immersion Rod||4.3/5|
|Singer IR-10 Immersion Water Heater||Quick Heating Element||4.1/5|
|ESN 999 Immersion Water Heater Rod||Heat-Resistant Handle||3.9/5|
|Blue Sapphire Spiral Immersion Water Heater Rod||Energy Efficient Immersion Rod||4.2/5|
|Nova ISI Mark Immersion Water Heater Rod||Shockproof Immersion Rod||4.2/5|
Frequently Asked Questions:
Which is the best immersion rod?
Some of the best immersion rods in India are:
- Bajaj Immersion Rod Water Heater
- Singer IR-10 Immersion Water Heater
- Nova ISI Mark Immersion Water Heater Rod
- Crompton IHL251 Immersion Water Heater
- Blue Sapphire Spiral Immersion Water Heater Rod
Are immersion rods safe?
In contrast to earlier times, modern immersion rods are energy-efficient, useful, and safe to use. They are a convenient and quick way of heating water.
Does immersion rod give shock?
Immersion rods consists of a coated metal guard that helps pass electricity through the rod. As a safety precaution, it is best to change an immersion rod in the course of its use when it starts to lose the coating.
How long does an immersion water rod last?
The average longevity of an immersion heating rod is roughly between two-three years before it burns out and needs to be changed.
Can an immersion rod be used in a plastic bucket?
Yes, it is safe to use an immersion rod in a plastic bucket. The immersion rod consists of a coiled metal rod and it is important to immerse the entire metal rod into the water for best results.