A simple and easy-to-use appliance, immersion rods are a convenient and extremely useful method of heating water. They are portable and can be carried to various places, as per requirement, including holidays. These rods have a handy design and consume less power, making them a great choice for small families, bachelors, and people who don’t want to install expensive and non-portable geysers. To help clear the clutter from the various products available in the market, here is a handpicked list of the best immersion rods in India for quick water heating. Have a look and choose the immersion rod that fits all your needs.
Our Top Picks :
How Do We Choose the Best Immersion Rods for You?
Immersion rods are a viable way to heat water. They are equipped with a heating coil that works as the heating element and takes less time to perform the task. These rods are convenient, inexpensive, and portable instruments that are available for different budgets in the market. You can get your hand on a good quality immersion rod in the price range between Rs 500 to Rs 1,500.
To get a better understanding of our selection, have a look at the factors that we took into consideration for making the right selection. Make sure you also keep these factors in mind so as to pick the best product.
Since immersion rods work on electricity, it is crucial to take into consideration their power consumption. Lesser the power consumption of the rod, the lesser the electricity bill but the more time it will take to heat water. This is why we have picked 1000-1500 watt immersion rods that ensure affordable and quick heating. You can pick the one that fits your budget and needs the best.
For long-term usage of the immersion rod, it is crucial to get a sturdy, high-quality rod. The better the quality, the more years the rod will stay intact. All the options listed below are of great quality and can be trusted for long-term usage. They are water-resistant and have a shockproof body for long-term usage.
While immersion roads are meant to heat water, they come with added features to make operations easier and safer. For an enhanced experience, some rods come with water-level indication, metal clip, LED indicator, and more. Our curated list of the best immersion water heaters contains all kinds of options, so you can choose the one that works the best for you.
Types of Immersion Rods
Here are some types of water heaters designed that are used for various purposes.
- Screw Plug Immersion Heater: This kind of immersion heater is ideal for smaller spaces that have a metal screw plug. This plug can be inserted into the tank or vessel. These rods are used in factories to prevent the liquids from freezing.
- Flanged Immersion Heater: In these rods, the heating element is attached to a flange, which is rounded or rectangular. They are commonly used in large industrial processes for heating liquids and gases.
- Circulation Immersion Heater: Circulation immersion heaters are used to heat liquids that keep circulating in a unit.
- Bucket Immersion Heater: These types of immersion rods are used in Indian households to heat small volumes of liquid in buckets or containers.
Benefits of Using Water Heater Rods
Using water heater rods has multiple benefits, making them a great choice for you. Here are some important ones.
- Immersion rods are super compact and lightweight, which makes them easy to use and carry. You can easily move them from one container to another to heat water as per your need.
- They are much more affordable than other heating devices and consume much less energy, making them a very economical choice.
- Immersion rods are easy to install. All you need to do is to plug them into a socket and put them in water.
- These rods offer quick and efficient heating to get you hot water on demand.
- They generally require minimal maintenance. We recommend you dry them completely before storing them and clean them after use to elongate their lives.
Safety Precautions While Using Immersion Rods
- You should always remember to turn off the immersion rod after usage and make sure you never leave it unattended.
- Inspect the immersion rod before using it to check if there is any damage to the cord or wires.
- Don’t use metal buckets with immersion rods, as metal is a conductor of electricity.
- Ensure that the power socket and the area surrounding it are dry before plugging in the immersion rod.
- Always invest in a premium immersion rod to prevent any accidents and keep your family safe.
- Make sure your hands are always dry when handling the rod while it’s plugged in. Do not touch the metal component of the rod, or touch the water when the rod is still in it.
- Make sure you’re wearing slippers when handling the rod.
Geyser vs Immersion rods
Geysers and immersion rods are two of the most widely used water heaters used in Indian households. Let’s compare the two:
As compared to rods, geysers can heat larger amounts of liquid and store it in a tank so that you can use the water whenever needed. While immersion rods are ideal for small-scale applications and heating water in containers.
Geysers can only be installed without the help of a professional or plumber, as they need to be connected to the plumbing system. Whereas immersion rods need no installation and can be plugged in whenever you need.
Modern geysers often come with insulation to minimise heat loss from the storage tank, making them more energy efficient and better than immersion rods in this aspect.
Immersion rods offer greater portability than geysers so that you can easily move it from one container to another. On the other hand, geysers can’t be lifted and lack portability.
List of Top 10 Immersion Rods in India for Every Household
Bajaj Immersion Rod Water Heater
The Bajaj Immersion Rod is a 40cm water heating rod that does not require pre-installation. An energy-efficient immersion heater, it is compact in size and heats the water quickly while consuming 1500W energy. Made from anti-corrosive plastic material and copper with nickel plating, this electric water heater is durable and complies with all standards of quality and safety.
Prominent Features of the Bajaj Immersion Rod Water Heater:
- It is a portable heating solution that is made according to ISI quality standards
- This rod is corrosion-resistant and has a hairpin tubular element for quick water heating
- Equipped with heatproof plastic handles, it offers a comfortable and firm grip while using
- Comes in two different variants: 1.5 KW (1,500 watts) and 1 KW (1,000 watts)
- Perfect sized rod
- Less power requirement
- Heatproof handle
- There is no power indicator
Why We Picked the Bajaj Immersion Rod Water Heater?
Bajaj Immersion Rod Water Heater is an incredible improvised geyser that quickly boils water and lets you experience the bliss of warm water on the go. It is little and convenient, making it easy to use even for older adults. This long-lasting rod imparts radiance, shine, and attractiveness, which makes it top our list of the best immersion water heaters.
Usha IH2415 Immersion Heater
This immersion heating rod by Usha is a specially designed water heating rod that comes with a copper tube and nickel outer covering for quick water heating. It is a power-efficient rod that consumes 1000W or 15000W, as per the variant. Also, its bakelite handle remains cool to touch even when the rod is hot. This makes it useful for fulfilling your water heating requirements with ease.
Prominent Features of the Usha IH2415 Immersion Heater:
- Built using a compact design that measures 40 x 28 x 34 cm, it is easy to carry around
- This immersion heater has an LED indicator which helps to determine when the power is on
- It has a copper tube element and nickel plating for fast water heating and long life of the rod
- This Usha immersion rod is safe and reliable and comes with a 2-year long warranty
- Uninterrupted water heating
- Metal hook for added safety
- Quick heating
- Power indicator
- The wire length is not suitable for long-distance usage
Why We Picked the Usha IH2415 Immersion Heater?
Heating water with Usha IH-2415 Immersion Heater is of utmost ease. It takes less time to heat the water and is completely safe with a shockproof body. This immersion rod is portable, easy to use and does not take much power, making it energy-efficient. Also, this rod has Bakelite handle cover to prevent your hand from getting burnt.
Crompton IHL 152 Immersion Rod
Crompton’s IHL 152 water heater is an energy-saving immersion rod that has an anti-corrosive body, ensuring a long service life. It comes with a holding pin that helps it stay in place when put in a bucket, preventing accidents. Besides, there is an LED indicator to state when the device is powered or not. If you are looking for a shockproof, durable product, this rod is a great choice.
Prominent Features of the Crompton IHL 152 Immersion Rod:
- There is an LED indicator that states when power is on and prevents you from touching the heated rod
- It has a water level indicator to help you identify how much you can dip it into the bucket
- This immersion rod has a lightweight construction, which makes it easy to carry while travelling
- The rod consumed 1500W power, which makes it take 8-10 minutes to heat a bucket of water
- Shockproof handle
- LED indicator
- Water level indicator
- Power requirement – 16A Socket
- User complaints of poor customer support
Why We Picked the Crompton IHL 152 Immersion Rod?
This immersion rod by Crompton is a useful household item that heats up the water fast and saves energy by consuming less power. It has anti-corrosive material, which ensures the long life of the rod and protects it from getting rusted. Also, it sports a lengthy cord, making this an efficient immersion rod even when you are away from the power socket.
Moreover, for those who are looking for strong glue to fix broken plastic or wood, we have created this amazing piece of content where we have listed some of the top glue guns in India.
Havells Immersion Rod HB15
Havells Immersion HB15 rod features Nickel plating for corrosion resistance along with an efficient heat transfer heating element. This water heating rod is waterproof, which prevents the entry of water inside the product and harms the product. Also, its elegant and sturdy design with a bucket hook makes it easy and safe to use by all.
Prominent Features of the Havells Immersion Rod HB15:
- It has a touch protection cover that keeps the hand safe from burns and blisters
- There is a power LED indicator on the rod that lets you know when it starts the operations
- Features ISI mark 3 pin molded plug and sturdy bucket hook for strong and reliable fitting
- Designed with an efficient heating element that takes much lesser time to heat the water
- Nickel plating
- Touch protection cover
- Resistant to corrosion
- Hassle-free heating
- The power cord is short
Why We Picked the Havells Immersion Rod HB15?
Havells Immersion Rod HB15 is a practical choice for everyday usage. It is an electric rod that effortlessly heats water while saving power by consuming less power. This rod has a nickel-plated heating element that ensures a long lifespan and makes it safe to use. It comes with a heating indicator and offers complete peace of mind during the process.
Rico Water Heater Immersion Rod
The Rico immersion heating rod is a high-class premium product that is compact in size and can be easily accommodated in storing places or cabinets. It heats the water quickly while consuming 1500w, thus proving to be energy-efficient. Shock and waterproof, it sports a convenient bucket handle for easy grip and usage.
Prominent Features of the Rico Water Heater Immersion Rod:
- It is an inexpensive rod with lightweight construction, making it easy to carry anywhere
- Known for its durability, this rod is weather-friendly and stays the same for long years
- This powerful and efficient rod has water level marking and comes with a bucket holder
- Designed with advanced shockproof technology, this rod is 100% safe to use
- Perfect grip handle
- Heatproof material
- Superfast heating
- No LED indicator
Why We Picked the Rico Water Heater Immersion Rod?
Being made from heatproof, anti-corrosive plastic material and copper with nickel plating, this immersion rod is safe and easy to use. It is an extremely useful heating rod, which is compact in size and offers efficient performance. This ‘instant water-heating solution gives twice the amount of heat and offers complete peace of mind with the best results.
Singer IR-10 Immersion Water Heater
The elegant-looking Singer IR-10 immersion rod water heater sports a sealed plastic body. It has been built using a superior copper element to ensure uniform heat conduction and prevention of rust. This immersion rod is specially designed for faster heating and features a water level indicator. Also, it uses 1500 watts of power, making it an energy-efficient product.
Prominent Features of the Singer IR-10 Immersion Water Heater:
- It is a pocket-friendly and portable option that quickly heats the water
- Features a bucket clip that offers a firm grip for easy manoeuvring and safe usage
- This immersion rod is made with shockproof and ISI-certified premium-quality material
- Available in two colors: Blue and Black, and two variants: 1000W and 1500W
- Fast heating element
- 1-year warranty
- Build quality could be better
ESN 999 Immersion Water Heater Rod
ESN 999 Immersion Water Heater Rod is a high-quality product with a specially designed heating element for quick heating. Built using an anti-corrosive and anti-rust material, the rod stays intact for a long and offers a safe water heating experience. Beyond this, the rod is made with shockproof material and has an elegant design handle for perfect grip.
Prominent Features of the Immersion Water Heater Rod:
- This immersion heating rod is an energy-efficient product that consumes 1500 watts of power
- It is made with brass material and has a copper coating, which ensures fast quick heating of the water
- Comes with a 1 years limited warranty that promises free repair in case of a manufacturing defect
- High-quality material
- Firm grip handle
- Highly portable
- The cord length can be improved
Crompton IHL251 Immersion Water Heater
Crompton’s IHL251 immersion rod water heater is IP68 certified. It has been built using an aqua-proof design which makes it extra safe to use. The waterproof design makes the product’s performance reliable, and the product can be reused even after it has been dipped in water during usage by mistake. It has a shockproof plastic handle and is a lightweight immersion rod, ideal for flexible portability.
Prominent Features of the Crompton IHL251 Immersion Water Heater:
- This rod is made with a strong and durable heating element that ensures impressive performance
- It has a water level indication, making it easy to determine the required amount of water for heating
- The rod has a waterproof design that ensures reliable performance and convenient reuse
- Available in two variants: 1000 watts and 1500 watts
- Superior performance
- Long cord length
- Energy efficient
- Powerful heating
Havells Zella Flap Auto Immersion Rod
Havells Zella Flap Auto Immersion Rod is one of a kind product with a unique design. This is the first rod in the country that features a temperature setting knob and the auto cut-off for less energy consumption. It also has a protective cover on the top of the rod to avoid accidental touch and burning of hands. This smart immersion rod is the perfect choice for efficient heating.
Prominent Features of the Havells Zella Flap Auto Immersion Rod:
- You can set the temperature from low to medium to high, and power gets cut off once it reaches the desired temperature
- Its bucket hangers ensure safe operations by not letting it turn on until the flaps are completely open
- The rod has nickel plating for corrosion resistance and efficient transfer of the heat for quick operations
- It is a 1500-watt immersion rod that comes with 2 years comprehensive manufacturer warranty
- Heating indicator
- Extremely safe to use
- Comes with thermostat
Nova NIH 430 Copper Immersion Rod
Nova immersion rod sports a stylish Orange plastic body and a powerful heating element. This NIH430 immersion rod water heater is a shockproof product that has a unique waterproof body. It is compact in size and heats the water quickly while consuming 1500 watt of power for optimum heating performance. This rod is indeed a great choice for easy usage and quick results.
Prominent Features of the Nova NIH 430 Copper Immersion Rod:
- It is assured quality and ISI-certified rod that is made with a water-resistant shockproof body
- The quick heating technology heats up the water in a few minutes without requiring a lot of effort
- This rod is fully submersive and has a copper coating for more effective results than ordinary water heaters
- The Nova immersion rod is 5 cm in length and extremely lightweight making it easy to carry
- Quick water heating
- Shockproof body
- Sporty design
- It does not have an LED indicator
In addition to this, we would also like you to have a look at our latest blog post, where we have listed some of the best USB wire cable protectors in India. Do check it out and let us know if you find it helpful.
List of the Best Immersion Rods with Features, Price, and Ratings
|Product Name||Price||Rating||Best Features|
|Bajaj Immersion Rod Water Heater||Rs 910||4.1/5||Energy Efficient|
|Usha IH2415 1500-Watt Immersion Heater||Rs 640||4.1/5||LED Indicator|
|Crompton IHL 152 1500-Watt Immersion Water Heater||Rs 910||4.1/5||Water Level Indicator|
|Havells Water Proof Immersion Water Heater||Rs 1,015||4.2/5||Lightweight Immersion Rod|
|Rico Electric Water Heater Immersion Rod||Rs 1,000||4.1/5||Corrosion-Resistant|
|Singer IR10 Electric Immersion Water Heater||Rs 820||4.2/5||Energy-Efficient Immersion Rod Quick Heating Element|
|ESN 999 Supreme Quality 1500W Immersion Water Heater Rod||Rs 335||3.8/5||Quick Heating Element|
|Crompton IHL251 1500-Watt Immersion Rod Water Heater||Rs 930||4/5||Heat-Resistant Handle|
|Havells Zella Flap Auto Immersion Rod||Rs 1,820||4.1/5||Unique Design Immersion Rod|
|Nova Immersion Heater Rod||Rs 499||4/5||Shockproof Immersion Rod|
Immersion rods are a quick, efficient, and economical way of heating water within the budget. They take just a few minutes to get the job done and also let you save on electricity bills by consuming less power. To ensure the best results, it is crucial to get your hands on the right rod. Among all these mentioned options, we really like using rods from Bajaj and Havells because of their excellent build quality, effective results, and add-on features. Do let us know which is your favorite and what you are going to purchase for the hot water experience.
Which is the best immersion rod?
Some of the best immersion rods in India are:
1. Bajaj Immersion Rod Water Heater
2. Singer IR-10 Immersion Water Heater
3. Nova ISI Mark Immersion Water Heater Rod
4. Crompton IHL251 Immersion Water Heater
5. Havells Zella Flap Auto Immersion Rod
Are immersion rods safe?
In contrast to earlier times, modern immersion rods are energy-efficient, useful, and safe to use. They are a convenient and quick way of heating water.
Does the immersion rod give shock?
Immersion rods consist of a coated metal guard that helps pass electricity through the rod. As a safety precaution, it is best to change an immersion rod in the course of its use when it starts to lose the coating.
How long does an immersion water rod last?
The average longevity of an immersion heating rod is roughly between two-three years before it burns out and needs to be changed.
Can an immersion rod be used in a plastic bucket?
Yes, it is safe to use an immersion rod in a plastic bucket. The immersion rod consists of a coiled metal rod; it is important to immerse the entire metal rod in the water for the best results.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Cashkaro’s team of experts conduct thorough research to learn about different available options in the market. They test products on multiple factors to ensure the right addition to the list. For this list of best immersion rods in India, different products were tested on the basis of their design, installation, power consumption, material, price, and more. Customer reviews are also taken into account so that no product with negative remarks will make to our list.