Choosing a mattress that suits your sleeping posture is often tricky as it can affect your back and spine. If you often wake up with aching shoulders, neck and back, it is time to change your mattress and bring home something that responds to your body weight. For this scenario, orthopaedic mattresses are a perfect pick. Whether you are a back sleeper, side sleeper or stomach sleeper, with the help of an orthopaedic mattress, you can ensure having a sound sleep without any disturbance. If you, too, are struggling with back pain, read on and find out the 10 best orthopaedic mattresses in India.
|Our Top Recommendations||Best Prices on Amazon|
|Springtek Ortho Pocket Mattress||Check Prices|
|Spinecure Spine-Opedic Orthopaedic Mattress||Check Prices|
|Duroflex Back Magic Orthopaedic Mattress||Check Prices|
How Do We Choose the Best Mattresses for Preventing Back Pain?
An orthopaedic mattress is a mattress that offers a firmer sleep surface, providing targeted support to the back and joints. This mattress helps to correct the sleeping posture and relieves joint pain and inflammation, making you wake up refreshed and energised. It is a perfect solution for back pain and can be found for different budgets. In India, you can get your hands on one of the best orthopaedic mattresses in India in the range of Rs 6,000 to Rs 17,000.
Here are some of the factors that helped us in selecting the best mattress options for you. Considering these aspects, you can make an informed purchase decision.
The choice of mattress firmness is entirely subjective. Some might like soft mattresses; others prefer firm surfaces. Based on your preference, body type, and sleeping position, you can choose a mattress that suits you the best. In general medium-firm level is considered to be ideal for people with back or joint pain.
The size of the mattress is another factor that you can’t neglect when selecting the best available option. Mattresses come in various sizes and must be picked correctly for a comfortable sleep. Depending upon your body size, the number of members, and your bed size, you can choose a mattress.
To relieve pressure points and tension in your body, your must select the right material. Memory foam and natural latex mattresses are the most popular materials for orthopaedic mattresses. Both these provide great support to the back and have high elasticity. You can select according to your body ache and preference.
List of The Top 10 Orthopaedic Mattresses in India
On this page:
- 1. Springtek Ortho Pocket Mattress
- 2. Spinecure Spine-Opedic Orthopaedic Mattress
- 3. Duroflex Back Magic Orthopaedic Mattress
- 4. Librapaedics Dual Comfort Orthopaedic Mattress
- 5. Comforto 3-Layered Orthopaedic Mattress
- 6. Sleepyhead Queen Sized Orthopaedic Mattress
- 7. Amazon Brand – Solimo Orthopaedic Mattress
- 8. Sleepyhead King-Sized Orthopaedic Mattress
- 9. The Sleep Company SmartGRID Ortho Mattress
- 10. SleepyCat Original 3-Layered Ortho Mattress
- Which brand is the best for an orthopaedic mattress?
- Which mattress is good for health, soft or hard?
1. Springtek Ortho Pocket Mattress
At present, Springtek is one of the best mattress brands that offer comfortable orthopaedic mattresses for back pain relief and has an experience of over 40 years. With quality foam and a sturdy pocket spring system, this mattress offers you a perfect blend of comfort and support. This is just what you need to recover from a hectic day!
Prominent Features of the Springtek Ortho Pocket Mattress:
- This mattress offers that just-right medium-firm feel and is the perfect choice for a back or stomach sleeper
- With four layers of foam, it is responsive, supportive, and conforms to the natural curves of the body
- The mattress has 8 inches of thickness and weighs 28 kg with exceptional support and durability
- Contouring neck support
- No sink-in feel of memory foam
- Eco-friendly production
- Comes with a 6-year warranty
- It might be too firm for some
Why We Picked the Springtek Ortho Pocket Mattress?
This mattress is designed for all types of sleepers, regardless of the body type or the style of sleeping. It features pocket springs that are made of tempered steel coils to prevent drooping. Thanks to the multiple quality checks it has undergone, this mattress ensures a good night’s sleep for you and your partner.
2. Spinecure Spine-Opedic Orthopaedic Mattress
A unique combination of Jacquard fabric and foam, this mattress by Spinecure has an ergonomic design for excellent comfort. It distributes the body weight evenly and allows blood circulation for a comfortable night’s sleep. Also, this mattress has 100% pure cotton breathable fabric to main cool all the time.
Prominent Features of the Spinecure Spine-Opedic Orthopaedic Mattress:
- This mattress realigns perfectly with the spine, neck, and hips that help in correct the sleeping posture
- Being treated with an anti-dust mite finish, it feels softer under the shoulders and lets you sleep with confidence
- This mattress has 5 inches of thickness and weighs 12 kg with medium plush firmness
- Removable and washable cover
- Health Guard+ Certified
- Even weight distribution
- Improves sleep quality
- Not the perfect choice for a hot and humid climate
3. Duroflex Back Magic Orthopaedic Mattress
Tested & recommended by the doctors at National Health Academy for its orthopaedic support and many health benefits, this orthopaedic mattress by Duroflex is one of the best mattresses in India. It is a perfect choice for those looking for a higher degree of back support. Optimised for better sleep, it has a tough core of high-density coir and rebonded foam.
Prominent Features of the Duroflex Back Magic Orthopaedic Mattress:
- It is 5 zones orthopaedic mattress with advanced back support and great back alignment
- With knitted fabric and foam quilting, it is a high-quality mattress and has 7 years warranty
- This mattress has 5 inches of thickness and weighs 11.4 kg with medium comfort firmness
- Supports all pressure points
- Promotes a healthy posture
- Comes in a pre-assembled state
- Doctor certified mattress
- It is a bit pricey
Why We Picked the Duroflex Back Magic Orthopaedic Mattress?
To help you relax the muscles and have your body feel well-supported and comfortable, this mattress is a perfect choice for sound sleep. Ensuring firm support, you only get the right level of body support to protect the back from curving, eliminating pressure build-up and improving blood circulation.
4. Librapaedics Dual Comfort Orthopaedic Mattress
Librapaedics orthopaedic mattress is created with an antiallergic fibre that prevents dust mites, bacteria, and fungus from entering the mattress. Its 100% sleep-grade foam ensures that you get a good night’s sleep, making it one of the best mattresses for back pain relief. All that you need to put an end to the tossing and turning every night, this mattress ensures that you enjoy your siesta time.
Prominent Features of the Librapaedics Dual Comfort Orthopaedic Mattress:
- Its ortho-bond material distributes body weight evenly and revives blood circulation
- Available in 3 different forms- 4 inches, 5 inches, and 6 inches, it can be used on all beds
- This mattress has 4 inches of thickness and weighs 23 kg with medium comfort firmness
- Reversible mattress
- Zero Partner Disturbance
- Sag Resistant Mattress
- High Resilience Foam
- Comes in just one colour
Why We Picked the Librapaedics Dual Comfort Orthopaedic Mattress?
Boasting an ergonomic design, it has a special structure that provides comfort and efficiency for your body. It is not only useful for people with back pain but also for those who want to live a pain-free life. This foam mattress from Librapaedics is reversible, which means you can use it on either side.
5. Comforto 3-Layered Orthopaedic Mattress
A perfect choice for people with back pain, Comforto 3-Layered Orthopaedic Mattress takes the shape of the body and provides comforting pain relief. It is designed by professionals backed by years of research and development to deliver the most suitable foam configurations. Also, it hugs the body and offers comfortable sleep.
Prominent Features of the Comforto 3-Layered Orthopaedic Mattress:
- It perfectly contours the shape of an individual’s body and delivers the right amount of support
- Being soft yet supportive, this mattress avoids sinking the body and offers the utmost comfort
- This mattress has 5 inches of thickness and weighs 22 kg with medium comfort firmness
- Provides spinal support
- Relieves pressure points
- Sensitive to body temperature
- Redistributes body weight evenly
- It is a little heavy
Why We Picked the Comforto 3-Layered Orthopaedic Mattress?
This memory foam orthopaedic mattress by Comforto is designed with added layers of comfort form that add to the strength, structure, and durability of the product.
Along with adequate spine support, it comes with an inner cover and an outer zipper cover, which is made with high GSM fabric to give a plush feel to the mattress. The cover can be easily machine-washed, making it a great choice.
6. Sleepyhead Queen Sized Orthopaedic Mattress
This is a queen-sized, orthopaedic memory foam mattress made with ultra-soft foam to offer a cocoon-like feeling and extreme comfort during sleep. It features pressure-relieving foam for even weight distribution that creates enough space for orthopaedic support. Apart from this, you can remove the outer fabric and wash it at home easily.
Prominent Features of the Sleepyhead Sense-BodyIQ Orthopaedic Mattress:
- With its 3-zoned orthopaedic support, it contours each pressure point and aligns with the spine
- Comes with a washable zipper cover with a plush feeling and easy airflow for a comfortable sleep
- This mattress has 6 inches of thickness and weighs 22.3 kg with medium firmness
- Responsive memory foam
- Maintains cool temperature
- Breathable fabric
- Perfect for all body types
- The edge of the mattress might sag
Why We Picked the Sleepyhead Sense-BodyIQ Orthopaedic Mattress?
Sleepyhead is a top-notch brand in the Indian market that offers mattresses infused with cooling technology. This amazing 3-layered mattress offers the right amount of firmness, bounce, and density for an orthopaedic advantage and extra-comfortable sleep. Without a doubt, get this mattress and give way to undisturbed sleep.
7. Amazon Brand – Solimo Orthopaedic Mattress
Solimo brings this orthopaedic memory foam mattress to provide superior back care and better sleep. A good mattress for back pain, it has been tested for quality and durability. Also, it assumes the shape of the body to allow a natural resting position for proper spine support. If you are looking for a mattress on a budget, this is the one for you.
Prominent Features of the Amazon Brand- Solimo Orthopaedic Mattress:
- A firm layer of high-density foam at the bottom provides counter pressure for a comfortable experience
- The top layer of the mattress has pure memory foam that contours your back & offers spine support
- This mattress has 6 inches of thickness and weighs 23 kg with medium plush firmness
- Breathable fabric
- Zero partner disturbance
- Adulteration-free mattress
- Passed 50+ quality tests
- Availability might be an issue
8. Sleepyhead King-Sized Orthopaedic Mattress
Featuring the 8th spot on our list of the best mattresses for back pain in India, this one from Sleepyhead features multi-layer support for all body types to let everyone enjoy a restful sleep. Also, it features breathable fabric with cooling foam to keep you cool all night. Promising extra support, it makes you feel like the mattress is hugging you to keep you comfortable.
Prominent Features of the Sleepyhead King-Sized Orthopaedic Mattress:
- It features a phase change cooling foam that consistently keeps you cool while enjoying a good sleep
- Designed with a layer of memory foam, cooling foam, and comfort foam, it delivers additional support
- This mattress has 8 inches of thickness and weighs 27.8 kg with medium comfort firmness
- Allows circulation of air
- 3 zoned support
- Breathable fabric
- Delivers comfort
- Not a good choice for toddlers or infants
9. The Sleep Company SmartGRID Ortho Mattress
One of the most comfortable mattresses on the list, this one by The Sleep Company is an incredible choice for your back and spine. This mattress is a perfect amalgamation of SmartGRID Ortho technology, which ensures excellent comfort. Every inch of the mattress offers the comfort that you need and supports your back to reduce pain.
Prominent Features of The Sleep Company SmartGRID Ortho Mattress:
- With 2500 air channels and temperature-neutral technology, it will keep you cool and comfortable
- It is an ergonomically designed mattress with a slight firmness that offers 2x more support to the back
- This mattress has 8 inches of thickness and weighs 38 kg with medium comfort firmness
- Non-toxic material
- Smart Grid isolate motion
- Cotton knitted fabric
- Highly responsive
- Not so comfortable for sitting
10. SleepyCat Original 3-Layered Ortho Mattress
Last on the list, we have a perfect balance of comfort and support by Sleepycat. This Original 3-Layered Ortho Mattress has open-celled memory foam that allows air to pass and offers you a cushiony-soft feel. Also, it has a soft touch bamboo fabric cover for a comfortable sleep. This innovative, luxurious solution is perfect for relieving pain.
Prominent Features of the SleepyCat Original 3-Layered Ortho Mattress:
- With multiple layers and a breathable fabric cover, it is odourless, friction-free, and resilient
- To ensure complete comfort and cure back pain, this mattress goes through a 100-night free trial
- This mattress has 6 inches of thickness and weighs 14 kg with medium comfort firmness
- High-density base
- Smart zipper cover
- 10-year warranty
- Machine washable cover
- It could be thick for some
In addition to this, do have a look at our latest blog, where we have mentioned some of the top air mattresses in India for healthy and deep sleep. Do check it out and let us know if you find it helpful.
Even if you are not suffering from back pain, it is recommended to invest in an orthopaedic mattress. These mattresses offer a comfortable sleep experience and prevent you from waking up with a sore body.
Those mentioned above are some of the high-quality and comfortable mattresses for a peaceful and undisturbed sleep. Among all these options, mattresses by Springtek and Duroflex are our top picks for their top-notch quality, easy availability, and fair pricing. Do let us know which one is your favourite from the lot.
Which brand is the best for an orthopaedic mattress?
All the above-mentioned options are the best for an orthopaedic mattress. However, Duroflex has immense popularity in the Indian market.
Which mattress is good for health, soft or hard?
Everyone has their own preference for a soft or hard mattress, and none of these can be classified as the ‘Best’ for health. For stomach sleepers or hot sleepers, hard mattresses work the best. On the other hand, for side sleepers, soft mattresses are a better choice. If you are someone dealing with back pain, you should go for a medium-firm mattress for relieving pain.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
CashKaro reviews are curated by a team of experts who spend time studying and testing products and brands to curate a list of the best available options. For the best orthopaedic mattresses in India blog, we considered factors such as material, firmness, quality, thickness, and price. Since we strive to provide you with the most trustworthy buying recommendations, you will never find any shady product on our list.