Microwaves have become an integral part of modern kitchens. They make cooking simple and easy and are also deemed a healthy way of cooking food. Today, microwave ovens come with many cooking options besides baking and let you grill and steam food as well. Without a doubt, a good-quality microwave oven can elevate the dining experience more than you can imagine.
If you are figuring out which microwave oven is the best for you, we have got you covered. Here’s a quick reckoner of the best microwave oven brands to ease your entry into the microwave shopping world.
Our Top Recommendations
How Do We Choose the Best Microwave Oven Brands for You?
A microwave oven will instantly become your go-to cooking medium because of its usability and versatility. You can cook, bake, roast, grill, and more in an oven and get it done within a few minutes. Also, it comes with different settings or auto-cook menus so that you can cook a number of your favourite dishes with minimal oil. Ideally, a good microwave will cost anywhere from Rs 5,999 and Rs 30,000 in the Indian market, depending on your needs.
The best way to buy the right microwave oven is to fully understand your needs and factors that are important to consider. Here are some of the prominent consideration factors that you must keep in mind.
Ovens come in various sizes and capacities and must be picked according to your requirement. If you’re a family of 2-4 people, choosing a 15-20 litre capacity oven is ideal. On the other hand, a family of 4-6 people will need 25 litres and above. In this list, we have mentioned different capacity options to help you make a better selection.
Along with the weight and space that the appliance will take up, you must also consider the add-on features that come with the product. Look for wattage, power consumption, and features like defrosting, child lock, autocook, preheat, and more. These features make the product highly functional and better to use.
List of the Top 11 Microwave Oven Brands in India
Samsung Electronics is a global electronics firm located in Suwon’s Yeongtong District. It is one of the world’s major gadget manufacturers that provides consumer and industrial electronics, including appliances, semiconductors, digital media devices, integrated systems, memory chips, and more. Samsung has one of the most stylish and powerful range of microwave ovens.
Prominent Features of Samsung Microwave Ovens:
- Has a 28 L capacity and features a corded electric power source
- Comes with a child lock feature for the enhanced safety of your kids
- It can be used for baking, grilling, reheating, defrosting and cooking
- The oven has a touch keypad control making it easy to operate
- Ceramic enamel cavity
- Up to 10 years of warranty
- Easy-to-clean equipment
- Pre-programmed recipes
- Electric consumption is a little high
Why We Picked Samsung Microwave Ovens?
Suitable for large families, this 28 litres microwave oven by Samsung provides a hassle-free cooking experience with its user-friendly features. It has added innovative features such as hot blast, slim fry, and tandoor technology, enabling you to cook food quickly and easily.
Morphy Richards is a British electrical appliance manufacturer based in Swinton, South Yorkshire, England. It is a subsidiary of the Glen Dimplex Group, a significant global manufacturer of home appliances and electric heating with a strong presence in multiple parts of the world.
This brand specialises in microwave ovens, hairdryers, toasters, bread makers, sandwich toasters, kettles, and other appliances.
Prominent Features of Morphy Richards Microwave Ovens:
- This oven offers 6 power levels to suit different cooking needs
- Features an automatic shut-off control to protect it from overheating
- It has a large 245mm turntable to let you cook a large number of food items
- Has a 20 L capacity, making it suitable for a family of 3-4 people
- Stainless steel material
- Sleek aesthetic body
- Convenient 30 mins timer
- 2-year warranty
- The power cable should be long
Why We Picked Morphy Richards Microwave Ovens?
Indulge in a variety of combination cooking using the most trusted Morphy Richards microwave oven. Besides defrosting and reheating cooked food, it can be used for making sumptuous recipes with ease. Also, it features a 30-minute timer that prevents mishaps in the kitchen, like overcooked or undercooked meals.
LG is a South Korean electronics firm founded in 1958 as GoldStar by Koo In-hwoi. Following the Korean War, the firm was established to produce home appliances and consumer electronics for the local market. LG Electronics is a division of LG Corporation, headquartered in Seoul, South Korea. It offers some of the best microwave ovens that let you cook everything with ease.
Prominent Features of LG Microwave Ovens:
- Made with durable ABS, this microwave oven runs on 2500 Watts of electricity
- Perfect for quick and efficient reheating, defrosting, and cooking
- Integrated with Intellowave technology, it preserves the food nutrients
- Feather-touch panel makes it easy to use and clean the oven
- Child lock for safety
- Ideal for large families
- Has multi-cook Tawa
- Sleek design
- May release smoke while heating food
Why We Picked LG Microwave Ovens?
Whether you want to grab a bite on the go, defrost cooking ingredients, bake cookies or cakes, or warm leftovers, this LG microwave oven comes to your rescue. It comes with a wide variety of features, such as convection cooking, a pizza baking drawer, and easy-clean interiors.
Amazon Basics is a private label of the eCommerce giant Amazon that sells household items, office equipment, and technology accessories. It is a low-cost brand that offers a warranty on all the products to provide a sense of trust to the customers. If you are looking for one of the best microwave oven brands in India, then Amazon Basics is a great choice to have.
Prominent Features of AmazonBasics Microwave Ovens:
- Made with a high-quality stainless steel cavity, it has 30L of capacity
- The convection function allows you to bake, grill, cook, defrost and even-preheat oven
- It has an aesthetic and easy-to-use LED display with digital control buttons
- This oven has a modern, sleek design that takes up less space in the kitchen
- Child lock program
- Pre-set cooking time
- Automatic defrost setting
- Available in 20, 23, and 30L options
- Support service is not up to the mark, according to some users
Bajaj Electricals Ltd. is an Indian consumer electronics manufacturer headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It is a subsidiary of the Bajaj Group and was founded in 1926 by Jamnalal Bajaj. You can find some top-class home and kitchen appliances, such as fans, ovens, mixers/grinders etc., under this brand.
Prominent Features of Bajaj Microwave Ovens:
- It has a 20 L capacity and runs on 800 watts of power
- This microwave features 30 minutes cooking time alarm to prevent mishaps
- The jog dials on the microwave have a long life even after daily usage
- Features Nutri-Pro option that ensures heart healthy cooking experience
- Multiple cooking options
- 1-year warranty
- Features defrost mode
- Countertop installation
- Not good for medium size or large families
Why We Picked Bajaj Microwave Ovens?
Simple and easy to operate, this Bajaj microwave oven comes with a bunch of features. Its pre-set menus and functional design make for a hassle-free cooking experience. Also, it has an adjustable heat setting to make it easy for you to heat, reheat and defrost food items.
Whirlpool is one of India’s biggest producers and distributors of major household appliances. The firm primarily manufactures and sells washing machines, refrigerators, microwave ovens, air conditioners, and small appliances for domestic and foreign markets. It is a well-known brand that offers some of the best microwave ovens for effortless cooking.
Prominent Features of Whirlpool Microwave Ovens:
- Comes with 5 different power levels to make it easy to cook meals
- Features an LED display to keep you informed about the process
- Its large turntable lets you cook a large quantity of food in one-go
- You can easily kickstart the machine by clicking the Jet Start button
- Defrost function
- 21 auto-cook menus
- Feather touch panel
- Features auto clean modes
- It cannot be used for grilling
Godrej Group is an Indian multinational corporation founded in 1897 by Pirojsha Burjorji Godrej and Ardeshir Godrej. It has more than 60 years of expertise in the Home Appliance industry and has become one of our favourite finds when it comes to the best microwave brands. The ovens it offers are packed with great features and are a perfect choice to make everyday cooking easier for you.
Prominent Features of Godrej Microwave Ovens:
- Made with a stainless steel body, it features a child lock and LED display
- It allows time-based defrosting of frozen food for perfect results
- Features 375 pre-programmed Indian and international cooking menus
- The unique multi-distribution system allows for even and faster cooking
- Low oil consumption
- Stainless steel cavity
- Steam cleaning
- Removes residual smell
Haier Group Corporation, based in Shandong, China, is a Chinese consumer electronics and home appliances corporation. It was founded in 1984 and is a world-leading developer of life-improvement solutions.
The brand designs, manufactures and sells refrigerators, air conditioners, ovens, washing machines, laptops, and other electronic appliances. It offers some of the best microwave ovens that are a great pick for every baking connoisseur out there.
Prominent Features of Haier Microwave Ovens:
- It can be used for baking, grilling, reheating, defrosting, and cooking
- Comes with excellent memory functions for providing perfect results
- With an extensive 305 pre-set Autocook menu, you can cook tasty dishes
- Features deodoriser for removing residual smell from the food
- Stainless steel cavity
- Multi-stage cooking
- Convenient usage
- Hassle-free installation
- It does not have a rotisserie function
IFB is an Indian brand of home appliances under IFB Industries that manufactures a variety of household electronics. It was founded in 1974 in partnership with Heinrich Schmid AG of Switzerland. Today, it has become a widely trusted brand in India for quality, durable, and safe-to-use products.
Prominent Features of IFB Microwave Ovens:
- With 30 litres capacity, this microwave oven is the right choice for large families
- Features mechanical dials and power buttons for easy and hassle-free operations
- Can choose between low, medium-low, medium, medium-high, and high heating
- Comes with a motorised rotisserie to fulfil your barbecue cravings
- Overheating protection
- Steam cleaning
- Comes with a starter kit
- Child lock feature
- Customer care service should be better
Why We Picked IFB Microwave Ovens?
Fulfil your culinary desires with a wide range of features offered by the IFB range of microwave ovens. You can choose from simplistic, easy-to-use functions to high-end cooking functions, options and menus. With convection, grill/ double grill and solo options, this microwave can help make healthy and quick meals.
Panasonic Corporation, previously Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd., is a significant Japanese corporation based in Kadoma, Osaka. Founded in 1918 by Kōnosuke Matsushita, it is one of the largest-selling brands in India today. It retails top-grade electricals and home appliances, including microwave ovens that are reliable, and ensures hassle-free cooking.
Prominent Features of Panasonic Microwave Ovens:
- It has 101 pre-auto-cook menu items and a strong glass turntable
- 27 litres large capacity makes it perfect for a family of 3-5 members
- 360-degree heat distribution of the oven ensures uniform cooking
- The oven has a magic grill that ensures two-way heating for faster cooking
- Multi cooking stages
- Auto defrost function
- Compact design oven
- Vapour clean technology
- It is a little expensive
Philips is a Dutch global conglomerate firm headquartered in the city of Eindhoven. The brand began its operations in India in 1930 as a commercial service for imported Philips bulbs, but today it has become one of the best sellers of home and kitchen appliances, like microwave ovens, mixers, air purifiers, etc. Philips provide some of the best microwave ovens that are perfect for enjoying cooking healthy meals with ease.
Prominent Features of Philips Microwave Ovens:
- It is a powerful 2000W oven that can be used for baking, grilling, roasting, broiling, and toasting
- The oven has 10 exclusive Indian menus with preheat mode for better cooking
- Opti Temp technology of the oven ensures uniform cooking
- Available in both 25 litres and 36 litres for making a better choice
- Large capacity
- Digital display panel
- Has a chamber light
- Multiple accessories
- This oven has no convection feature
Types Of Microwave Ovens
1. Solo Microwave Oven
The solo microwave oven is a basic model that comes with only the microwave feature. There are no grill or convection features. It provides uniform heating for defrosting, reheating, or cooking food and has multiple power levels and other features. It’s ideal if you are into simple cooking and nothing complicated for Reheating and basic functions.
2. Grill Microwave Ovens
The microwave comes with heating coils that are integrated inside and can toast and grill foods easily. The microwave comes with modes like Microwave and Grill. So if you want to select the grill feature, you have to turn it to that option. It helps the food to turn brown and crispy from the outside and juicy from the inside and can very well grill tikka, kebabs, and or even parathas. To keep the food closer to the coil, a grilling plate and metal rack are provided. Grilling can be used in combination with microwave or convection to cook different kinds of food.
3. Convection Microwave Ovens
A convection microwave uses a combination of two technologies – a regular microwave and a convection oven. It can be used to bake anything from cookies and cakes to quiches and pizzas. Unlike a regular or a solo microwave, a convection microwave lets the food cook through a crisper. It does this by using a fan and a heating element to circulate hot air uniformly in the microwave, which prevents high-speed cooking and ensures even heating up of the entire oven cavity. As a result, the food takes time to cook and comes out more ‘browner’ than you would get in a solo microwave. Since these ovens come with a combination of grill and convection features, it is easy to grill, bake and also cook. If you are fond of cooking and experimenting in the kitchen, this option is best for you.
4. Built-in microwave ovens
The built-in microwave ovens come built in a cabinet. It works just like any other microwave and adds to the aesthetics of the kitchen.
5. OTG – Oven Toaster Griller
An Oven Toaster Griller (OTG) can reheat, keep warm, grill, barbecue, and, most importantly, bake food items. It has heating coils on the ceiling and the roof of the oven. This heating element converts electric energy into heat to create a high temperature at which the food bakes. You have the option to switch on either one or both coils while using an OTG. For grilling, you need to heat the top coil, and for baking, you need both coils to be heated. An OTG is a baker’s delight- you can bake crisp cookies, spongy brown muffins, and homemade birthday cakes to perfection using an OTG.
Types of Microwave Oven Panels
1. Mechanical control
The mechanical control panels are seen on the entry-level models that are used in offices and are durable. They have easy-to-use control panels which can withstand rough use too.
2. Touch keypad
The touch keypad is flat and looks aesthetic. It can be operated with a touch of the finger, making it quite comfortable to use.
3. Dial type
The dial type works electronically and provides easy and smooth control. Looks-wise, the dial is similar to a mechanical dial, but it is driven by electronic circuits to function and provides easy, smooth, precise control for temperature and timing. The dial is very easy-to-use and allows you to multitask while cooking in the kitchen. Even with hands dirtied by dough, the Jog-Wheel controls are accessible without the risk of spoiling the unit.
4. Feather touch
The feather touch panel is the latest feature of microwave ovens. This innovative control can be operated with a light touch and adds style and sophistication to the microwave’s design. Usually present in high-end models, this requires extra care from the user and is not suitable for rough use.
Unlike traditional appliances, the modern-day microwave oven can do much more than just heat, cook, and bake. It allows you to defrost, reheat, and cook your food without compromising on taste. In this article, we have listed some of the best microwave oven brands that offer excellent functioning appliances to help you save time and energy. These brands are perfect for high-quality, durable, and feature-packed ovens that you can trust. While all the options are worth considering, we really like using microwave ovens from Samsung, IFB, and Haier. Do let us know your top pick from the list.
Also, here you can check the top Water Purifiers in India. That will help you in keeping yourself healthy.
1. Which is the best microwave in India?
Not all microwaves are created equal, and some perform better than the rest. When it comes to the best microwave, it has to be the high-end ones from Samsung and IFB. They offer a range of designs laced with powerful features. From defrosting and healthy steam cooking to special pre-set menus, the ovens are a breath of fresh air. Additionally, they bear stunning designs to match the interiors of your kitchen.
2. Is microwave cooking healthy?
Heating food for a long time can lead to a loss of nutrition. However, microwaving requires a little time to prepare dishes as compared to traditional stovetops and hence retains nutrients. For example, cooking vegetables in water increases the loss of water-soluble vitamins. Microwave ovens can cook food with little or no water; hence, more nutrients are retained.
3. Can we bake in a convection microwave?
Yes, a convection microwave is a versatile kitchen appliance that lets you bake, grill, and roast foods as required.
4. How do I choose a microwave size?
Choosing a microwave size depends on certain factors stated below:
1. The type of microwave you want – A countertop, built-in or professional over-the-range model such that it gels well with your kitchen interiors without causing any space issues and fulfils the requirements.
2. The best capacity that suits your purpose– for instance, if you are looking for solo use, a 15-20 L capacity would do the job, while a small family would require an oven somewhere between 20-30 L.
5. Can I bake in a Microwave oven?
A modern kitchenette is often incomplete without a Microwave Oven. There are several uses for a microwave oven for baking and cooking. Unlike traditional cooking methods that are time-consuming, microwave ovens have significantly reduced cooking time for everyone, a crucial aspect of the busy lives that we lead today. Microwave ovens can most definitely be used for baking.
6. Is there a difference between a Microwave and Microwave Oven?
‘Microwave’ is just a short form for ‘Microwave Oven’, and both terms mean the same thing. They are used to refer to an appliance that uses microwave radiation to heat, cook, bake, and grill food. Cooking food this way is known as ‘microwaving’. On the other hand, a simple oven has a heating element that heats the air inside that, resulting in the heating up of the food. A microwave oven lets you use it for a diverse range of necessities, whereas an oven is limited to baking purposes.
7. Which is the best Microwave oven brand?
Microwave ovens get their name from the microwave energy they use to heat food. Apart from heating food, it can be used for various kinds of uses such as grilling, baking, roasting, and lots more. The vast majority of microwaves use a turntable to ensure a uniform heating process. The top 5 best microwave oven brands are:
1. IFB Microwave Ovens
2. LG Microwave Ovens
3. Samsung Microwave Ovens
4. Morphy Richards Microwave Ovens
5. Bajaj Microwave Ovens
8. How long do Microwave ovens last?
The average microwave oven should last somewhere between 8-10 years if used with care. For large families, this may vary as their usage requirements are a lot more than nuclear families or even those living solo.
9. How to choose a Microwave oven?
Buying a microwave is a personal experience and may vary for each individual. There are some common factors that must be taken into consideration when buying a microwave oven, such as:
1. Kitchen Size: the microwave you choose will need to fit into your kitchen space. Planning and deciding on a spot beforehand is always advisable.
2. Size: The size of the microwave you choose will always matter. This is based on the number of members at home who would be using the microwave oven.
3. Wattage: The higher the wattage, the faster the cooking time and more even heating.
4. Reliability: It is important to find a microwave that will last for as long as possible. Check-in on the durability of the product before buying it.
5. Price: All of the most affordable options will be found in the countertop category. Having a budget in mind helps in making a more profound decision.
10. What is the difference between a microwave and an OTG?
An OTG or an oven-toaster-griller is a small, electric oven with heating rods. Unlike a microwave, which uses electromagnetic waves, an OTG converts electric energy into heat to create a high temperature at which the food bakes. An OTG is generally considered to bake better than a convection microwave, but it cannot be used to heat/unfreeze food. It is also slower than a convection microwave oven. It is not usually preferred because of its high electricity consumption.
11. Should I buy an OTG or a convection microwave oven?
If you would be baking regularly and you have space in your kitchen to accommodate two ovens, you could consider going for a separate OTG for your baking needs. However, if you need to heat and cook food in your oven, apart from baking, you should buy a convection microwave oven.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
We at CashKaro have a team of passionate researchers who spend hours studying, testing and finding products that stand out from the rest. For the best microwave oven brands, we considered factors such as product quality, energy consumption, accessories, and price. We understand how important it is for you to have an excellent functioning appliance that saves you time and energy, and this list won’t disappoint you. Happy Shopping!