Table of Contents
- What Are Skin Oils?
- How To Apply Skin Oils?
- Essential Oils That Are Your Skin’s Best Friend
- Oils By Skin Type
- 13 Important Questions About Skin Oils Answered
- 1. Which is the best skin oil to get a glowing and wrinkle free skin in winters?
- 2. Which are the oils that I should start using some time prior to my marriage to get a glowing skin?
- 3. Which is the best essential oil to whiten the skin and make it glow?
- 4. Is olive oil really effective in making the facial skin glow?
- 5. Can I use olive oil every day on my oily skin to get a glowing skin?
- 6. How can I get a glowing skin at home? What might be the best inexpensive alternative of Rose essential oil?
- 7. What is the secret to get a glowing skin?
- 8. Is there a diet plan that men should follow to get a wrinkle free, soft, oil free and glowing facial skin?
- 9. Which oil is best absorbed by the facial skin?
- 10. Which essential oils are good for your skin?
- 11. Which oil is best for moisturizing the facial skin?
- 12. Which oil is best for dry skin?
- 13. Do you apply face oil before or after using a moisturiser?
- More Natural Oil Stories For You
For centuries people have used oils for their therapeutic effects on the body. Today, oils are just as beneficial and hence are becoming popular around the world. In this article, we will learn about various types of oils and how they give you a youthful complexion
Learn More: Benefits of Lavender Oil For Your Skin
What Are Skin Oils?
Many people believe that applying oil to your skin will make your skin oily and cause skin ailments. This is not true. Essential oils and carrier oils nourish your skin and treat all common skin problems.
Simply put, skin oils are oils extracted from various plants, trees and flowers. Using these oils in the correct way can clear your skin up and give you a natural and healthy look.
Check Out: Benefits of Vitamin E Oil For Skin
How To Apply Skin Oils?
It is fairly simple to apply oil to your skin. Take a couple of drops in your palm and massage your skin for a while. This should do the trick.
However, it helps to remember a few things when applying oil to your skin. First, oil and water do not mix. So make sure your skin is towel dried before you begin applying oil. Second, not all oils are the same. Coconut oil, for example, has a higher melting point. It becomes semi-solid at room temperature. So, it helps to heat it up before applying.
You can apply oil in the shower and even after it as a replacement for lotion or cream. You can even apply oil at night before you sleep. This allows oil to work as a restorative skin conditioner.
Also Read: Benefit of Oils For Your Hair
Essential Oils That Are Your Skin’s Best Friend
Coconut Oil – Coconut oil is made by pressing the fat from coconut meat. It is full of fatty acids and is a natural antibacterial and antifungal. Use as a traditional moisturizer
Learn About: Benefits of Coconut Oil For Your Skin
Argan Oil – Extracted from nuts of Moroccan Argan tree, this oil is beneficial for all skin types
Rose Hip Seed Oil – This oil is made by cold-pressing a particular kind of rose found in Chile. It is one of the top anti-aging oils
Marula Oil – It is harvested from the nuts of the African Marula fruit. This oil contains 60% more antioxidants than most other oils. This oil reduces dryness, irritation and inflammation
Jojoba Oil – This oil is extracted from the Jojoba plant that is indigenous to North America. Jojoba oil mimics sebum, an oil produced by the human body. This oil can be used for treating acne, sunburn and keeping your skin moisturized all day
Avocado Oil – This oil is rich in vitamin E and is best for dry, sensitive or irritated skin
Flaxseed Oil – This oil is rich in Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids. Hence, this oil is used to treat skin conditions like eczema and dermatitis
Lavender Oil – Produced from the lavender flower, this oil is a natural antiseptic that is best for acne-prone skin. It also boosts the performance of other skin products
Olive Oil – Olive oil is the perfect all-around natural moisturizer. It is recommended for an excessively dry skin. However, people with acne should avoid using it since it’s a heavier oil
Explore: Benefits of Olive Oil For Your Skin
Tea Tree Oil – This essential oil is extracted from the leaves of an Australian tree. It kills bacteria, opens up clogged pores and removes dead skin
Check Out: Benefits of Tea Tree Oil For Your Skin
Almond Oil – Almonds are healthy as a snack and their oil is great for skin that is easily irritated.
Check Out: Benefits of Almond Oil For Your Skin
Grapeseed Oil – Grapeseed oil is a common ingredient in anti-aging products like creams and etc. Use this with your moisturizer in the morning
Camellia Seed Oil – This oil is rich in Omega 6 & 9. Use this oil day and night for a smooth and soft skin
Pomegranate Seed Oil – It is rich in antioxidants and has proven anti-aging benefits for your skin. It reduces the breakdown of collagen fibers which helps your complexion look firm and youthful
Oils By Skin Type
We all have different skin types. Which means that one type of oil will not benefit everyone the same way. So here are some oils based on your skin type.
For Oily Skin
These oils regulate and normalize oil (sebum) production by the skin
For Breakouts And Blemishes
These oils can help you calm and prevent breakouts and blemishes
- Melaleuca Alternifolia (tea tree)
For Dry Skin
The oils will nourish your dry skin and help moisturize it
- Rose hip
- Roman or German Chamomile
For Aging Skin
If you are starting to show wrinkles, these oils are your best friends
For Combination Skin
Some people have dry and oily skill. It sounds impossible but it does happen. This oils are for such skin types
13 Important Questions About Skin Oils Answered
1. Which is the best skin oil to get a glowing and wrinkle free skin in winters?
Coconut oil is the best skin oil to get a glowing and wrinkle free skin in winters.
2. Which are the oils that I should start using some time prior to my marriage to get a glowing skin?
Jojoba oil, Coconut oil, Argan oil and Olive oil are some of the essential oils that you should start using 2-3 months prior to your wedding to get a glowing facial skin.
3. Which is the best essential oil to whiten the skin and make it glow?
Lemongrass Essential Oil is the best oil that can help whiten and make your skin glow.
4. Is olive oil really effective in making the facial skin glow?
Yes, Olive oil is used as a moisturizer due to its unsaturated fats and is efficient in making your facial skin glow.
5. Can I use olive oil every day on my oily skin to get a glowing skin?
Yes, you can use Olive oil on your oily skin every day to get a glowing skin. Cleanse your face thoroughly with a mild facewash before applying olive oil to your facial skin.
6. How can I get a glowing skin at home? What might be the best inexpensive alternative of Rose essential oil?
To get a glowing skin, you need not always visit a salon. Applying certain home-made products like turmeric masks and ubtan might benefit too. You can even opt to apply some other natural alternatives like Coconut oil or Olive oil to get a glowing skin. These oils can also prove to be less costly alternatives to using Rose essential oil.
7. What is the secret to get a glowing skin?
Exfoliation with natural ingredients is the best way to get a glowing skin. Apply some olive oil on a cotton ball and gently massage it on your face in a circular motion to get rid of any leftover makeup or dirt particles. Follow this method at least once or twice a week to see the results.
8. Is there a diet plan that men should follow to get a wrinkle free, soft, oil free and glowing facial skin?
Eating all things healthy will help you get a wrinkle free, soft, oil free and glowing facial skin. Consuming colourful salad, soaked dry fruits, green tea and plenty of water might also help a lot.
9. Which oil is best absorbed by the facial skin?
Olive oil is the best oil that is easily absorbed by the facial skin.
10. Which essential oils are good for your skin?
Coconut oil, Argan oil, Jojoba oil, Olive oil, Tea Tree oil etc. are good for your skin. To know more about essential oils to get a healthy skin, check out the blog above.
11. Which oil is best for moisturizing the facial skin?
Coconut oil is the best oil for moisturizing the facial skin.
12. Which oil is best for dry skin?
Olive oil is the best for dry skin.
13. Do you apply face oil before or after using a moisturiser?
Application of facial oil before or after applying the moisturiser depends upon the type of moisturiser that you use. If the moisturiser is a water-based moisturiser, apply the essential oil before application of the moisturiser. If the moisturizer is a heavy-duty moisture product, application of essential oils is recommended before the application of the moisturiser.
More Natural Oil Stories For You
- Benefits of Ayurvedic Oils
- Benefits of Natural Oils For Hair Growth
- Benefits Of Ayurvedic oils for Hair Regrowth