A pressure cooker is the most common utensil that you will find in household kitchens. Pressure cookers make cooking easy and help you prepare perfectly cooked meals in no time. This is because of the steam-locking lids that retain the optimum temperature. Many pressure cookers have an induction base and can be used on multiple cooktops apart from regular gas stoves.
Here, we have curated a list of the best pressure cookers in India. You can buy from any of these to make your cooking process super convenient and easy. They offer a variety of features and are suitable for different family sizes. Take your pick as per your need and preference.
Our Top Recommendations
How Do We Choose the Best Pressure Cookers for You?
A pressure cooker is a necessary kitchen utensil needed by every family. In India, a good quality pressure cooker is anywhere between Rs 1,000 to Rs 7,000. Before you jump into our recommendations of the best pressure cookers available in India, we suggest you go through the factors that helped us decide on the best products for you.
Type of Pressure Cooker
The first thing you should decide upon while buying a pressure cooker is the type of pressure cooker you require. They come in various types, as discussed below:
Aluminium cookers: Choose an aluminium pressure cooker if you are looking for affordable, reliable, and lightweight cookers for your regular everyday cooking tasks. Additionally, aluminium cookers come in a variety of vivid colour finishes.
Stainless steel cookers: Pressure cookers made from stainless steel have a stylish finish. They are strong, long-lasting, and retain their shine for a long time.
Hard anodised cookers: If you are a big admirer of aluminium pressure cookers, you ought to look into hard anodised cookers. Compared to their pure aluminium variants, these pressure cookers are stronger and more durable. They are stain, scratch, and stick-resistant, making them simple to maintain.
The next thing you should think about while buying a pressure cooker is its size. Small pressure cookers compel you to cook numerous meals at once. On the other hand, huge pressure cooker sizes need a lot of cleaning time and fuel to heat.
The size of the family is the primary deciding factor. A pressure cooker with a capacity of 3 litres will do fine if you have a small household. A pressure cooker of 5 to 7.5 litres is suitable for large families or joint families. Additionally, the recommended size for a pressure cooker for baby food is between 1 and 1.5 litres.
Durability is a crucial consideration when buying a pressure cooker since it is an investment. From a durability standpoint, stainless steel and hard anodised pressure cookers are the best options.
Make sure the pressure cooker is designated as ‘Induction Stovetop Compatible’ if you’re buying a pressure cooker for an induction stove. Hard anodised pressure cookers are not induction compatible by nature. However, the manufacturer may alter the bottom slightly to make it suitable.
If you use dishwashers to clean your utensils, you can opt for a pressure cooker that is dishwasher-safe. Hard anodised pressure cookers often cannot be put in the dishwasher. However, pressure cookers made of aluminium and stainless steel can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
List of The 11 Best Pressure Cookers in India
Prestige Popular Aluminium Pressure Cooker
This cooker from Prestige is manufactured from high-quality, high-grade aluminium. It is available in a range of sizes from 2 litres to 20 litres. The cooker has an excellent grip because of its comfortable handles. It works on gas stoves but is not induction compatible. This pressure cooker offers high safety because of the metallic safety plug and the gasket release system.
Prominent Features of the Prestige Popular Aluminium Pressure Cooker:
- Prestige Popular Pressure Cooker comes with an aluminium base that is thick and machine-pressed
- The slightly concave bottom ensures that the shape is retained for a longer time
- The Metallic Safety Plug is fitted at the lid in order to release excess pressure when it rises beyond the safety level
- In case there is any blockage, the gasket will bulge, and steam will release through the slot
- The sturdy handles provide extra grip and comfort, making it ideal for regular use
- Sturdy base
- Metallic safety plug
- Gasket release system
- Durable handle
- The aluminium body makes it light to handle
Why We Picked the Prestige Popular Aluminium Pressure Cooker?
Made from high-quality virgin aluminium, you can safely use this pressure cooker from Prestige for your daily cooking needs. Use this cooker for cooking a wide range of delicacies, including rice, dal, sabzi preparations and more.
Borosil Pronto Aluminium Pressure Cooker
Pressure cookers are designed to speed up the cooking process and make even labour-intensive dishes ready in a few whistles. The 3.6 mm thick base of Borosil Pronto aluminium pressure cookers is constructed of pure aluminium. The Pronto line of cookers can be operated on either a flame or an induction base.
Prominent Features of the Borosil Pronto Aluminium Pressure Cooker:
- Compared to conventional cookers, the base transmits heat more rapidly and consistently
- Depending on portion size, this pressure cooker from Borosil serves around 7 people
- For added safety when cooking, a heat-resistant valve cover and rubber gasket are included
- Features stay-cool handles to keep their temperature low while cooking, reducing finger burns
- Cooks quickly and evenly
- Durable construction
- Stay cool handles for protection
Why We Picked the Borosil Pronto Aluminium Pressure Cooker?
The Borosil Pronto Pressure Cooker is made from durable aluminium, which makes it long-lasting. Additionally, it features a cool-to-touch handle along with other safety features to provide you with an amazing cooking experience.
The Indus Valley Lid Pressure Cooker
The pressure cooker from The Indus Valley has a 2.5 mm thick body that avoids the loss of minerals and vitamins in the steam. By keeping the original colours and flavours, this pressure cooker makes your food taste better. This pressure cooker is ideal for braising, steaming, sautéing, and simmering.
Prominent Features of The Indus Valley Lid Pressure Cooker:
- You are provided with the maximum protection and convenience thanks to special safety features, including a pressure-locked safety lid, controlled gasket release mechanism, and lead-free safety valve
- The Indus Valley pressure cooker’s 2.5 mm thick body promotes consistent cooking
- The pressure cooker has no toxic coating and is 100% safe for food
- Supports rapid cooking and uniform heat dispersion
- Rust, scratch, and corrosion resistance
- Transmits heat quickly and evenly
Why We Picked The Indus Valley Lid Pressure Cooker?
This cooker from The Indus Valley has a three-layer design that transmits heat quickly and evenly. This keeps food from burning or sticking, making cleanup a breeze. Both gas and induction stoves are suitable for this pressure cooker.
Pigeon by Stovekraft Non-Induction Base Pressure Cooker
This Pigeon 7.5 litres pressure cooker lets you can efficiently cook food for more than 10 people. Thus, it is ideal if you have a large family. The anti-deflecting thermal lines on the aluminium bottom of this Pigeon Deluxe pressure cooker absorb heat and increase its thermal efficiency. This cuts down fuel consumption too.
Prominent Features of the Pigeon by Stovekraft Non-Induction Base Pressure Cooker:
- The gasket vent of the cooker comes with a safety valve which removes excessive pressure
- It comes with a metallic safety plug feature to ensure that your cooking experience is safe and easy
- The ergonomic handle of the Pigeon Pressure Cooker will let you cook with ease from the heat
- Nitrile gasket
- Metallic Safety Plug
- Ergonomic handle
- Has been built with stain-resistant features
Why We Picked the Pigeon by Stovekraft Non-Induction Base Pressure Cooker?
Cooking food in pressure cookers from Pigeon. helps retain the flavour and nutrients of your food. Therefore, you can enjoy healthful and nutritious food with your family and friends. The Pigeon by Stovekraft Non-Induction Base Pressure Cooker helps retain the nutritional value of cooked food.
Kent Hard Anodised Pressure Cooker
When cooking, a high amount of heat is required for Indian cuisines like biryani, rice, and fried food. Aluminium cookware used to prepare these delectable foods at high temperatures causes the metal to leach into the meal, making it unhealthy to consume. In addition to burning and making the food sticky, it also gives it a bad odour.
The Kent Hard Anodised Pressure Cooker can resist repeated usage at high temperatures while maintaining the highest levels of durability and hygienic requirements. This hard anodised cooker is designed to provide rapid and even cooking. Additionally, it has a durable sealing gasket in addition to its high heat resistance.
Prominent Features of the Kent Hard Anodized Pressure Cooker:
- The bottom of the cooker, which measures 3.25 mm thick, cooks delicious meals in a short amount of time
- The excellent stainless steel lid that comes with this premium anodised cooker assures the highest standards of cleanliness and sturdiness
- The non-toxic, non-staining, non-reactive cooker is ideal for all types of food
- The handles are designed to provide the best level of comfort and protection from extreme heat while the cooker is in use
- More energy-efficient and heats up more quickly
- Cool and robust handle
- Available in a variety of sizes
- Ideal pressure cooker for small families
Why We Picked the Kent Hard Anodized Pressure Cooker?
The Kent Hard Anodized Pressure Cooker is one of our favourites. When the cooker is closed or opened, the long-lasting sealing gasket is not rubbed sideways, sliced, or scraped. Additionally, the food is neither coloured nor scented by this gasket.
Pigeon Pressure Cooker
Pigeon Favourite 5-litres pressure cooker will make your cooking effortless and help save both time as well as fuel. This pressure cooker is made from high-grade virgin aluminium and has an outer lid with an ergonomic, user-friendly handle. The cooker also has a Nitrile gasket conforming to relevant food grade standards, a unique gasket release system, a precision weight valve, and a metallic safety plug.
Prominent Features of the Pigeon Pressure Cooker:
- The Pigeon Pressure Cooker is an ISI-certified cooker that is also dishwasher safe
- This pressure cooker features an induction base that allows you to use it on induction cooktops and cook delicious meals every day
- The Pigeon Pressure Cooker can be used with both induction and gas stovetops
- Ergonomic, user-friendly handles
- High-grade virgin aluminium
- Gasket release system
Why We Picked the Pigeon Pressure Cooker?
The Pigeon Pressure Cooker is an extremely light-pressure cooker which is durable and sturdy. The pressure cooker also features food-grade rubber gaskets, which enhances the safety feature.
Butterfly Cordial Induction Base Aluminium Pressure Cooker
The Butterfly is a reputed pressure cooker brand available in the market today. The ergonomically and aesthetically designed handle makes it easy to grip this pressure cooker. The handle comes with a unique locking mechanism for uni-directional rotation. This cooker features a specially formulated rubber gasket to improve its longevity. The gasket release system is an excellent safety feature.
Prominent Features of the Butterfly Cordial Induction Base Aluminium Pressure Cooker:
- In the instance of a vent tube block, the gasket will bulge and release steam through the slot.
- The thick aluminium base of this cooker is machine pressed and is suitable for an induction stove as well as a gas stove.
- The handles in this Butterfly pressure cooker have been specially designed keeping in mind your comfort and safety while cooking
- Gasket release system
- Induction base
- Sturdy handles
- Excellent design and exquisite performance
- Specially engineered for versatile cooking
Why We Picked the Butterfly Cordial Induction Base Aluminium Pressure Cooker?
This excellent pressure cooker from Butterfly cooker not only saves time but also fuel as it takes the minimum time to cook your favourite dishes. The thicker base makes it possible to bear high pressure. The peel-proof induction-compatible base is another highlight of this pressure cooker.
Hawkins Contura Hard Anodised Aluminium Pressure Cooker
This Contura pressure cooker by Hawkins is a must-have cooking utensil for your kitchen. The Contura pressure cooker is designed to make your cooking experience quicker and more enjoyable. Its hard-anodised aluminium does not react with food, making it safe for you and your family. Now use less water to prepare meals and thus preserve the nutritive value of your food. The 60-micron anodising enables the pressure cooker to absorb heat faster and save more energy.
Prominent Features of the Hawkins Contura Hard Anodised Aluminium Pressure Cooker:
- The stainless steel lid and hard anodized body of the Contura Black pressure cooker guarantee excellent levels of durability and hygienic practices
- The pressure cooker uses less energy since the heat is absorbed more quickly
- When there is pressure within the cooker, the distinctive Hawkins Pressure-Locked Safety lid makes sure that the lid is pressure-locked
- The self-centralizing lid is helped to lock firmly and safely in place by the fixed robust pivot, guaranteeing a steam-tight seal
- Unique curved body
- Automatic Safety Valve
- High-quality pressure regulation
- Suitable for small-medium sized families
- Gets heated quickly
Why We Picked the Hawkins Contura Hard Anodised Aluminium Pressure Cooker?
These pressure cookers from Hawkins can be used for cooking meals on gas stoves. Meeting high standards of safety, this Hawkins pressure cooker is your all-in-one cooking solution, which makes it a popular pick amongst the best pressure cookers in India.
Prestige Clip On Aluminium Pressure Cooker
The Clip-on range from Prestige is modular in design. This means you can use the same lid on all the utensils from this range. This Prestige Pressure Cooker is available in cooker and cookware shapes, making it one of the finest offerings to your kitchen.
Prominent Features of the Prestige Clip On Aluminium Pressure Cooker:
- Comes with four levels of safety for a good experience in the kitchen
- Once the steam is built up, the pressure cooker lid cannot be opened, making it extremely safe to use.
- The lid of the pressure cooker can be placed in any direction, and all one needs to do is twist it towards the right direction to close
- Provides maximum safety
- Both induction and gas stove compatible
- Unique universal lid
- Compact pressure cooker with sturdy handles
Why We Picked the Prestige Clip On Aluminium Pressure Cooker?
This Prestige Pressure Cooker comes with a wider but shorter body as compared to other variants. A versatile and one of the best pressure cookers, it is suitable for sautéing, steaming, frying, boiling, deep frying and pressure cooking.
Butterfly Curve Pressure Cooker
The Butterfly Curve Pressure Cooker features a handle with a unique lock configuration allowing rotation in just one direction. Additionally, the pressure cooker has a food-grade rubber gasket that has been specially designed for longevity. The pressure cooker is ideal for two to three people and cooks the food quickly and efficiently.
Prominent Features of the Butterfly Curve Pressure Cooker:
- The Butterfly Curve Pressure Cooker comes with a unique lock configuration enabling spinning in one direction
- Food-grade stainless steel is used in this ergonomically designed item for longer life and safe cooking
- When the vent pipe becomes obstructed, a safety support system on the lid relieves pressure
- Stay cool handle with an easy grip
- The aluminium thermal base for induction-compatible cooking
- Automated safety valve
Why We Picked the Butterfly Curve Pressure Cooker?
For quick cooking and consistent pressure, the pressure from Butterfly features a thicker base. This pressure cooker has an induction-compatible base that is peel-proof. It does not alter the flavour, colour, or aroma of the food.
Prestige Svachh Nakshatra Plus Pressure Handi
Prestige Svachh Nakshatra Plus 3-Litre Pressure Handi helps you keep the kitchen clean and safe. It is India’s first no-mess pressure cooker. It is designed using hard anodised material to last longer. Also, it features an anti-bulge induction base that allows you to use it on gas stoves as well as induction cooktops.
Prominent Features of the Prestige Svachh Nakshatra Plus Pressure Handi:
- The pressure cooker comes with a unique deep lid that controls spillage
- Enjoy long-lasting utility of this cooker with the anti-bulge base of this pressure cooker
- Be it gas or induction cooktops, this pressure cooker from Prestige is compatible with both
- Unique deep lid
- Anti-bulge base
- Gas and induction compatible
- Has added safety features
- Safe to be used in a dishwasher
Why We Picked the Prestige Svachh Nakshatra Plus Pressure Handi?
This pressure cooker from Prestige comes with a unique deep lid that contains any spillage that might occur during the cooking process. Thus, your kitchen stays clean and safe.
A pressure cooker is a kitchen utensil that prepares food quickly and easily. Based on our research, the Borosil Pronto Aluminium Pressure Cooker and The Indus Valley Lid Pressure Cooker are our top picks for the best pressure cookers in India. While making our recommendations, we also took into consideration factors like the type of pressure cooker, size, durability, compatibility, and dishwasher-safe. Let us know which one worked out the best for you!
Which is better, Prestige or Hawkins?
It is difficult to choose one over the other when all the factors are taken into account. However, we advise using Hawkins for cooking curries and other foods. You can use Prestige for boiling rice since it is simpler to remove extra water.
Which material of pressure cooker is best?
When everything is taken into account, stainless steel cookers are a better option than aluminium ones. Since they don’t react or leach while cooking acidic or saline meals, they are a healthier option.
Is Borosil pressure cooker good?
Yes, Borosil Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker is an essential piece of kitchen equipment and a wise investment. The pressure cooker will last for years to come because of its sturdy construction and lengthy 5-year guarantee.
What is the average life of a pressure cooker?
Depending on its brand and use, your pressure cooker’s lifetime will vary. Your pressure cooker may last you up to five years if you use it every day and engage in routine maintenance. However, most pressure cookers work well for up to three years on average.
Which shape cooker is best?
Each shape of cooker has its own function and provides particular advantages. Pressure pans are Perfect for frying and pressure cooking due to their modest height and large opening. For fragrant rice dishes like biryanis, a handi-shaped cooker is ideal. Straight wall (regular) autoclave cooker provides the best degree of safety for smart cooking.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Highly experienced and competent researchers at CashKaro work hard to provide you with the finest market suggestions available online. To create a list of products you can trust, we evaluate various products and compare them based on a variety of factors. We really hope that this list will assist you in reaching an educated conclusion.