Sewing machines have become an essential household appliance. From stitching to sewing a button, a portable electric sewing machine can come in handy. Moreover, one will allow you to kill your free time and bring your creative ideas to life. You can design a number of things like dresses, kurtas, blouses, and more with a sewing machine.
Most sewing machines feature numerous stitching options along with convenient functions such as a light lamp, thread cutter, and accessories. They are also portable enough so you change your workstation at your convenience. Here, we have rounded up the best sewing machines that can help you experiment with your creativity while you sew and stitch different fabrics.
How Do We Select the Best Sewing Machines for You?
Having a good sewing machine is essential for bringing your creative ideas to life. The average cost can range from Rs 6,999 up to Rs 30,000, including affordable to premium products. You may also find machines at lower prices, but the quality may be hampered.
Here, we have added compact, lightweight machines with multiple sewing modes to get different kinds of stitching done without any hassle. We also enlisted machines with automatic holing and bobbin winding to ensure that your sewing experience is as smooth as possible. You will find machines with different speed modes for enhanced usability, depending on your use case, in this list.
Almost all of these listed machines have great reviews online and an average rating of 4/5 on Amazon. As per the reviews from buyers online, you will thoroughly enjoy using these machines and will be able to experiment with your creative horizons at home.
Also Read: Best Upholstery in India
List of the Top Sewing Machines in India
Skip to Content
- 1. Usha Janome Dream Stitch
- 2. Singer Start 1304 Sewing Machine
- 3. Usha Janome Wonder Stitch
- 4. HNESS Sewing Machine
- 5. Bernette Sew & Go Computerised Sewing Machine
- 6. Akiara Sewing Machine
- 7. Brother GS 2700 Electric Sewing Machine
- 8. Janome 2212 Sewing Machine
- 9. Appigo Mini Sewing Machine
- Best Sewing Machines in India – Price List
- Best Sewing Machines in India – FAQs
1. Usha Janome Dream Stitch
Founded in 1935, Usha is one of India’s most reliable home and kitchen appliance companies. The brand is widely known for its sewing machines and ventured into kitchen appliances and cookware. It has over 60 showrooms across India, and its headquarters are based in Gurgaon, India.
Notable Features of the Usha Janome Dream Stitch:
- 7 built-in stich functions
- 4-step buttonholing
- Has an in-built lamp for enhanced visibility
- Stitching speed is 550SPM
- Compact and modern design
- Calibrated dial for thread tension control
- Lever that lets you reverse stitch on a single touch
- Compact and portable
- Not meant for heavy duty stitching
- Machine can heat up if used for longer periods of time
- No twin needle capacity
2. Singer Start 1304 Sewing Machine
Singer has been a trusted sewing machine brand in India for decades now. The company was launched in 1851 by Isaac M. Singer and Edward C. Clark. With headquarters in Tennesse, US, the company runs a solid network in several countries across the globe.
Notable Features of the Singer Start 1304:
- 6 built-in stitches
- Has twin needle sewing system to get variety of embroidery and hem stitching done
- Has automatic bobbin winding system
- Has removable extension table
- Ideal for amateurs due to its usability
- Best buy for beginners and amateurs
- Budget-friendly sewing machine
- Singer provides a demo on how to use the machine
- Can stitch a variety of fabrics
- Machine can lose its balance sometimes
- Threads can snag
3. Usha Janome Wonder Stitch
Usha is a well-known brand in India, popular for its electronics, home appliances, and kitchen appliances. The company was founded in 1935 and has its headquarters in Gurgaon, India. You can also reach out to its registered office in New Delhi for any inquiries or concerns regarding your purchase.
Notable Features of the Usha Janome Wonder:
- 60-watt powerful motor to stitch thick and thin fabrics with ease
- In-built LED light to get enhanced visibility while stitching
- Has an automatic needle threader and thread cutter
- Comes with a stitching kit that contains thread spools, buttons, needles, scissors, and measuring tape
- 13-button stitching including button holing
- Features 21 stitch functions for button fixing, hemming, smocking, etc.
- Great after-sales service
- Strong Motor to stitch a variety of thick fabrics
- Best sewing machine for beginners
- The plastic shell is not very sturdy
- Does not feature a pressure adjuster
Must Read: Best Home Theatre System
4. HNESS Sewing Machine
If you’re looking for an affordable and good quality sewing machine, HNESS is a brand that won’t disappoint. It is one of the top sellers on Amazon and has good reviews as well. Its machines are made with complete thought about your safety and convenience.
Notable Features of the HNESS Multi-Electric Sewing Machine:
- Comes with 4 metal bobbins
- Has only 1 needle sewing system
- Comes with a built-in light above the needle area for clean stitching
- Lightweight and portable design
- Extremely economical
- Has various functions for wide application
- Has its own online tutorial channel that ensures you use the machine right and to its best capabilities
- Does not work on thick fabrics like denim and velvet
- The stitching process takes relatively longer than other machines
- Motor may get damaged in cases of prolonged usage
5. Bernette Sew & Go Computerised Sewing Machine
Bernette is a renowned sewing machine brand that is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bernina International. It was founded in 1893 by Fritz Gegauf and has headquarters in Steckborn, Switzerland. It produces top-notch sewing machines that deliver both great built quality and exceptional stitching on your clothes.
Notable Features of the Bernette Sew & Go Computerised Sewing Machine:
- Powerful computerized machine
- Has 197 built-in stitch patterns
- Features an LCD screen to view the setting easily
- Comes with an LED light
- Auto threader allows hassle-free function
- Ideal for beginners and professionals
- Robust design
- 2-year manufacturing warranty
- The aluminium body makes it sturdy and durable
- The thread can entangle especially during a complicated operation
- You may need an external inverter to ensure the safety of this appliance
6. Akiara Sewing Machine
Akiara is one of the highest-rated sewing machine brands on Amazon. It makes compact and portable machines that are functional and super convenient for you. Whether you’re a beginner or a professional, Akiara has something in store for you that will completely fulfill your concerns.
Notable Features of the Akiara Sewing Machine:
- Has 2 speed controls for convenient stitching
- Machine works on both batteries and electricity
- Features a small light above the needle area
- Double thread design for stronger and good-looking stitches
- Will stitch linen, silk, thin canvas, nylon, and cotton easily.
- 2 power options- AC/DC Adapter and AA batteries (4)
- Extremely portable
- Low sewing machine cost
- Doesn’t work on heavy fabric
- Limited control and operations
7. Brother GS 2700 Electric Sewing Machine
Brother International is more than a decade old consumer electronics company. It did its Indian debut in the year 2006 and has its headquarters in Mumbai. The company is fully owned by global company Brother International and has been a reliable brand for millions in India. It majorly retails sewing machines, fax machines, garment printers, etc.
Notable Features of Brother Electric Sewing Machine:
- Has 71 stitching functions
- Features an automatic needle threader to make threading hassle-free
- Comes with an LED light
- Runs at 51 watt power
- Easy bobbin system increases efficiency
- Strong motor
- Easy to use and beginner-friendly
- Has a 12 mm after pressure foot lifted by a lever
- No manufacturing warranty
- Comes without an outer cover
- Foot pedal may not work at times
8. Janome 2212 Sewing Machine
Janome is a globally-renowned company that makes top-quality sewing machines. This Japanese company was launched in 1921 by Yosaku Ose and is based in Hachioji, Japan. It has manufacturing plants spread across Japan, Taiwan, and Thailand. The company also has a solid presence in the US and several Asian countries.
Notable Features of the Janome 2212 Sewing Machine:
- Features 12 built-in stiching options
- Compact and lightweight design
- Comes with easy turn-dial for quick pattern selection
- Speed can go upto 1000SPM
- Has a 4 step button holer and built-in thread cutter
- Automatic bobbin winding system
- Comes with a light
- Strong and durable metal body
- Compact and user-friendly design
- Treadle-powered which may not be suitable for everyone
- Comes with no needle threader
9. Appigo Mini Sewing Machine
If you’re a beginner who wants to explore their creative side and do some stitching at home, Appigo can be a great brand to begin with. It manufactures affordable and efficient sewing machines which are compact and easy to carry.
Notable Features of the Appigo Mini Sewing Machine:
- Offers dual-thread for strong stiching and good control
- Comes with thread cutter, metal bobbins, foot pedal, adapter, needle set, measuring tape, etc
- Features a focus light to get clean and error-free stitches
- Lightweight and compact design
- Lightweight plastic body
- Can be powered manually and through electricity
- Ideal for beginners
- Will not be able to stitch thick fabrics such as denim and velvet
Best Sewing Machines in India – Price List
|Best Sewing Machines in India||Price*|
|Usha||Staring at Rs 10,300|
|Singer||Staring at Rs 8,900|
|Bernette||Staring at Rs 24,789|
|Akiara||Staring at Rs 1,199|
|Brother||Staring at Rs 14,00|
|Appigo||Staring at Rs 1,449|
Best Sewing Machines in India – FAQs
What are the best sewing machine brands in India?
Singer, Usha, Benette, and Janome are some of the best sewing machine brands in India.
Which is best Usha or Singer?
Both brands have their own unique specialities and are perfect for beginners, intermediates, and pros. However, you may find modern design and built quality in Usha. Singer on the other hand will offer you great stitching options and fulfill your needs.